Her past

My Sehun Oppa

Sehun’s POV

I wore the apron Ara gave me and went to the kitchen. “Hyung!” I called for Chanyeol. He smiled and motion for me to go near him,  “I’ll tell you things here” he slung his arm over my shoulder.

“You see, the recipes for the dishes are in this book,” he pointed to the book on the table, “and you are not allowed to touch the coffee machine yet” he added.

“Shop opens at nine and we usually came an hour earlier to clean and prepare. Close at 7pm and cleans for one hour before going back. Oh, western dishes only available from 12pm to 3pm so that is the time you will be busy. Other than that I guess you can help me around and I’ll teach you how to make coffee step by step, is that clear?” he said and I nodded. Sounds easy for me.

“Yeol oppa we’re closing now” I heard Ara’s voice and Chanyeol suddenly went to get a broom. “I’ll clean the kitchen counters so you clean the kitchen’s floor for today okay? Don’t worry about outside, they girls will take care of it” he said and I nodded. I took the broom he passed to me and start my work.

“But hyung, how do you make her call you oppa?” I asked while sweeping. “Duhh, common sense, I’m older. Of course she will call me oppa” he said and I sighed. But she refused to call me oppa… most of the time she will just call me hey or Sehun-ssi sometimes. Maybe I need to give her more time..

The rest of the time passed quite fast as we were cleaning. Ara locked the door and everyone went back their own ways. “I’ll see you tomorrow Hun-ah. Don’t be naughty kay” Chanyeol said and I rolled my eye. He left and the remaining people there are me and Ara.

 “So? Walk or taxi or bus?” I asked and she looked at me, “Let’s just walk” she replied and I nodded. We were walking back in silence halfway until I saw her keep rubbing her palms together. She must be cold.

I grinned as I thought of a plan. I stood closer to her and grab her right hand and intertwine it with mine. What the hell, her hand is as cold as ice.

“Yah, what are you doing?” she stopped and I looked at her, “Trying to keep you warm. You’ve been rubbing your palms since just now” I said and she looked away, “I d-don’t need you to keep me warm” she said and try to pull her hand away but I gripped it tighter. “ Just until we reach home okay, your hand is too cold for god sake. Keep your other hand in your pocket, I think this is better than you keep rubbing your palms all the way back” I said and dragged her to continue walk.

“Hey, have you been living alone all along the time?” I asked to break the silence. I’m curious too. I knew I stalked her but I basically just watch her for a little from a distance. I never got to know anything about her life.

“I guess so. For about 3 years after I graduated from high school in Canada” she said and I looked at her, “Oh. So you’re not here since birth?” I said and she shook her head “I was born here. I think my parents sent me and my brother to my grandparents is Canada a few months after I was born. And then they migrate there not long after. I never came back here until I decided to move back here alone” she explained and I nodded. “What makes you want to come back here alone?” I asked and she kept quiet for a while. “Should I tell you?” she asked. Somehow her eyes looked sad.

“If you want to. Though I’m curious but I’m not forcing you to tell me.” I said and held her hand tighter. “Let’s go to the park we met the other day” she said and I nodded. We walked all the way there in silence and sat at the middle of the basketball court facing each other. I kept staring at her while she was looking at the sky for the whole time and I noticed her eyes are shiny..due to tears that are going to fall anytime soon.

“H-hey” I called, “are you okay?” I asked and she looked at me, “Yeah, I am” she smiled and I nodded. We stayed quiet until she suddenly said something that is really shocking to me.

“My brother tried to me” she suddenly break our silence and I stared at her with eyes almost popping out, “WHAT?!” I accidentally shouted and she chuckled, “You don’t have to be so shocked” she said and I got embarrassed. “S-Sorry” I said and scratched my neck. Wtf did she just said? Her brother tried to her?!

“B-But why?” I asked and she looked at me, “He was drunk.” She said and I nodded. I don’t even know what to ask anymore. Afraid that she will feel offended.

“Hey, do you wanna listen to a story?” she said and I nodded.

“Long long long long longgggggggggg time ago” she grinned and I laughed. She is so cute.

“There was a cute little pair and brother and little sister that differ 4 years in age. The brother was so protective and caring towards the little sister, and the little sister couldn’t help but to admire her caring brother.” She paused and looked at me. So is she telling me her past now?

“The pair of siblings were inseparable even after they reach their puberty. There is not even a single awkward moment appeared until one day,” she paused for a while and close her eyes, “the brother confessed to the little sister”

I looked at her dumbfounded. Dafuq is wrong with her brother?! Did he ing on drugs or what?!

“Well, the little sister got shocked but she thought her brother was just joking around so she said she liked him too. Of course she meant it as in sibling love but maybe her choice of words made her brother misunderstood. As day passed, her brother got more clingy and protective around her, not to mention he was initiating too much skinship that somehow made the little sister scared.” She paused and looked at me, “Still following?” she asked and I nodded furiously. She laughed at my response and continued,

“So, during one peaceful summer day, they little sister went out with her friends, consisting of boys and girls of course, until evening. She went back home and somehow her brother was angry with her. She wondered what she did that caused her brother to be so furious and claimed she cheated on him. Scared of her brother, she went to her mom and told her what happened. The night, the little sister heard shouting voices from the office room so she went to have a look and heard her brother said something that forever changed her life” she said and I stared at her, “And what was that?” I asked

“He said no one can stop him making the little sister as his women. Not even their parents. They have no rights” she said and I furrowed my eyebrows, “And why would he said so?” I asked trying to control my anger. If this brother was in front of me right now, I would’ve punched him.

“Because he was adopted by their parents” she said and I gasped. She smiled at my reaction.

“Knowing the fact, the little sister starts to distant herself from her brother. Her parents also pressured her to keep a distance from her brother without telling the reason why. Everyday, she would hear her brother quarrelling with their parents. She distanced herself from everyone and fall into depression. She cut herself, hurt herself everytime she see the hurt look in her brother’s eyes. She loved her brother, but she was afraid as she felt that her brother changed, their relationship is not as pure siblings love anymore as what she thought. It was something else for her brother. Something that she can never return.” She said and I let out my breath that I’ve been holding. I held her hand as I saw tears in her eyes. Who knows this pretty cheerful girl would have such depressed family problem. Thank god she is not in love with her adopted brother or else it would’ve ruined my plan.

“One night, she was thirsty so she went down to grab a drink in the kitchen when her brother came back home at the same time. Unfortunately, their parents are on other country for business purpose for 2 days, leaving her and her brother in the house alone.” She stopped and I felt her hand trembling. I went closer to her and hugged her, “You don’t have to continue” I said and she shook her head. “I got over this. I can say it” she said and I sighed. I distant myself from her a little to have a look at her face, and hold her hand again.

“Her brother hugged her and tried to kiss her but she pushed him away. Harshly. Something snapped in her brother and her brother slapped her and punched her.” She said and I held in my anger.

“Hey, cool down, it’s in the past now. You’re going to break my hand” she said and smiled.

“Her brother dragged her all the way upstairs and tied her in his room on the chair. He would sit there and stared at her for a while, and then caress her face and suddenly slapped her. He would pour out all his love on her and curse her out of sudden. No matter how she begged, her brother doesn’t seem to hear it. He was in his own world. That situation lasted until the day their parents will come back and her brother has gone missing the night before. The girl was scared, exhausted but she refuse to give up. She thought that she was the one who turned her brother into this mess and she should bear with the consequences.” She stopped and I released her hand. “God WHAT THE !” I cursed and punched the floor hard. I can’t hold my anger anymore. She was shocked and quickly hold my hand “Hey! Stop!” she shouted and I looked at her, I’m fuming with anger right now but the look in her eyes manage to calm me down. “Sorry” I said and sighed. She shook her head and smiled, “do you still want me to continue?” she said and I nodded. Let’s hear this till the end. I want to know her. I want to know what hurts her so much. I want to share her pain with her. Her sadness, her past.

“That noon, her brother appeared after he has been missing for hours. Drunk. He came into the room and walked to her and released her tie. She thought her brother came to his senses but sadly, she was wrong. Her brother dragged her to his bed and being weak, she couldn’t escape. Her brother started kissing her roughly and tearing her shirt of. No matter how she cried and begged and struggled, her brother doesn’t care and would just slap her and continue assaulting her body by kissing all over her roughly and tearing away her clothes.” She stopped and a tear escaped from her eyes. I held my hand up and wiped it away. I immediately hugged her and a tear escaped my eyes too. I couldn’t imagine a girl has to suffer such thing when she was a teenager. This is too cruel. She pushed me and smiled at me, “But!” she tried to pretend nothing hurts but I can see the hurt in her eyes. “Her parents came home on time and managed to save her before anything worst happened. Her brother ran away from home and the girl was brought to the hospital immediately. But, before she managed to beg her parents not to report her brother to the police, they received a call telling that her brother got into an accident” she said and I was stunned. So…is her brother dead now?

“He went to a better place far away from this miserable place, leaving her sister in abyss” she said and I caress her face. She smiled and continue “well, I admit I was in depression after that but I got treated thanks to my parents supporting me. And I knew that he was in a better place. So I moved here to start my new life too! The end~” she grinned and I hugged her. “I’m sorry” I said. I don’t know why but I just want to say sorry. Sorry for leaving her facing all that alone. Sorry for not being with her to help her.  

“Hey.. you don’t have to apologize. You did nothing at all!” she chuckled and I smiled. I promise I will take care of you now onwards. I promise I won’t let anyone hurt you anymore. I promise.

“So you don’t have any friends here?” I asked trying to change the topic and she shook her head again. “Well, Yeol oppa, Sunhee unnie, Hyejin unnie and Miyoung unnie are my friends” she smiled

I chuckled, “How about me?” I asked and she grinned. Cute.

“You’re not” she mehrong-ed me. “Then what am I? I thought we were friends already” I pouted

“You’re a brat?” she chuckled and I took the chance and pinch her cheek, “Ouch! That hurts!” she said and rubbed her cheek while I just laugh.

“I’m your friend and soon to be boyfriend” I said and she rolled her eyes. “Keep dreaming” she said and I laughed.

Who knows if my dream will come true?

 


New update! This chapter kinda I'm sorry for that. Promise to improve myself in the future to please bear with me :D

Zangsia1, well haha, how is he going to make her falll in love? for that you'll have to continue reading to know! :D

As usual, feel free to comment after reading!