One year

My Sehun Oppa

Sehun’s POV

“C-Chanyeol h-hyung…”

“Oh Sehun what are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked. Oh oh

“You guys knew each other?” Ara asked. OH

“Yeah. We’re childhood friends. What are you doing here Sehunnie?” Chanyeol looked at me and I gulped. Think Sehun think!

“H-hyung..” I said and both of them look at me “How do you come in? Do you know Ara?” Chanyeol asked and I gulped again.

“Hyung I need to talk to you!” I accidentally shouted and shocked both of them.

“O-Okay..” Chanyeol looked at me weirdly, “Privately” I said and saw Ara nodded. “We’ll be out for 2 hours!” I quickly drag Chanyeol out from the café and walked to a park opposite the café. We sat down on the bench nearby and I stayed silent.

“Care to explain Oh Sehun?” he said and I gulped. “H-hyung..” I said and he glared at me, “You’re not scheming anything right?” he said and I kept quiet.

“Oh Sehun” he said in a stern voice. Sigh. Why did I agree to go to the café?

“Hyung, I ran away from the house days ago”

“WHAT?!” Chanyeol shouted and I glared at him, “S-Sorry I was just shocked” he apologized. I sighed again.

“But why?” he asked

“Abeoji wants to promote me as a director but I refused. Hyung misunderstood and  you know how he always see me as a rival so we fought. You know how hyung always wanted to be the director and yet abeoji chose to give that position to me. Its unfair. He worked there longer than me and he obviously knows more than me. After quarrelling with hyung, I went to abeoji’s office and we fought for his right, he said hyung was useless and he said that if hyung was the one dragging me, he will not hesitate to kick him out from the house. I got angry so yeah, you know, I was kinda rude to him. He slapped me and yeah, I decided to leave the damn house” I explained and from his looks I knew he pitied me.

“But what about Ara?” he said and I clenched my fist.

“You know I’ve always liked her right hyung?” I asked and he nodded.

“I was sleeping around past few days. Until yesterday night, I thought I missed looking at her face so I went to the park nearby her house to have a seat and I was hungry but I ran out of money, so I went to search for some food in the rubbish bin.” I said and Chanyeol’s eyes almost popped out “YOU ATE FROM RUBBISH!!?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU OH SEHUN! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! WHY WOULD THE HEIR OF OH CORPORATE EAT RUBBISH?!” he shouted and I flinched. “I-I ran out of money so-“

“YOU CAN JUST COME TO ANY OF US! WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR!?” he scolded and I gulped, “I don’t want to be a b-burden to you guys” I said and he sighed. “Oh freaking Sehun, and here we are being happy because you replied to the group message as if nothing happened to you! How could you lie to us! And why would you be a burden to us?!” he nagged and I lowered my head.

“What about Ara? Why are you with her?” he asked and I sighed again.

“As I was eating food from rubbish, she saw me. I think she was on her way back from getting groceries. Obviously she don’t really remember me as we only met once without talking. I don’t know why but she offered me to stay in her house until I want to leave.” I said and Chanyeol’s eyes almost popped out again.

“She offered you to stay in her house?! A stranger?!” he shouted again and my ears definitely need a check-up right now. “Yeah, so I played along and pretended that I don’t know her too. She said I looked harmless so she decided to help me” I explained and I heard Chanyeol groaned

“Oh Sehun, are you going to lie to her now?” he said and I nodded, “Hyung, she didn’t know who I am. She doesn’t know I’ve always observed her. Do you expect me to tell her that I knew her very well? I met her a year ago through you and since then I’ve always watch out for her from far? She doesn’t even remember me! That would totally make me a stalker” I said and Chanyeol facepalmed, “Well you are” he said and I chuckled.

“So are you still going to stay with her or with us?” he asked and I smirked, “Of course I choose to stay with Ara”

He smacked my head, “Ouch!”

“Yah, don’t you dare do anything to Ara!” he warned and I pouted.

“Hyung, if I would do something to her, I would since I met her. Why would I wait until now?” I rolled my eyes and he chuckled

“Plus why would I harm someone I love?” I smiled and he rolled his eyes, “Yeah yeah whatever. So what are you planning to do now?” he asked and I grinned.

“For now I’m free from the house. I talked to mom the other day and she said my dad was furious but she managed to calm his and then he decided to let me think until I made my decision to stay in the house or leave it forever. In other words, he let me rest for a year.” I smiled bitterly and Chanyeol patted me. “You know you always have us to support you right?” he said and I nodded

“So I decided to stay out from the house. Tomorrow mom will bring me my clothes and cards so you don’t have to worry about me. I’m still his important son after all he will not let me starve to death. He is the type to keep his promise so now I have a year to decide what I want. Oh, looking at the bright side, I have a year to make Ara fall for me” I grinned and he facepalmed again, “And how are you going to do that?”

“I will make her fall for me. Just watch hyung. I promise I will not do anything to her so please trust me hyung. I love her, so you must help me!” I said with determination and Chanyeol sighed.

“I trust you. I know you too well Hun-ah. Just make sure you won’t hurt her. She has got her own sad past although she might seem bright. Plus I’ve already helped you for a year, why would you even bother to ask for my help now” He rolled his eyes and I laughed.

‘I promise I will treasure her, hyung” I said and he nodded, “But how about your unknown fiancé?” he asked and I rolled my eyes. “Screw that fiancé. Who the hell got engaged when they were a kid that can’t even speak properly in this century. I haven’t even seen her face for once in my life. Mom and dad said that we’re engaged since we’re babies and will marry when they decide to merge the company in the future. For now their companies just supports each other. Heck, I haven’t even met their best friends a.k.a my father and mother in law.” I scoffed and Chanyeol shook his head, “And what are you going to do if they want you to get married soon?” he asked and I smirked, “Hyung, I’m a genius. You know that. If they want me to get married, I’ll leave the house forever. If they want me to be in the house, fine with me but let me decide my own marriage” I said and he smiled, “Sounds good but tough” he said and I nodded “Life has never been easy hyung”

“I’ll support you but I expect you to tell the others about this soon okay?” he said and I nodded, “I will, hyung”


We walked back into the café and the customers are lesser compared to just now. Maybe because it is dinner time already.

“I’m back!” Chanyeol shouted once we entered the café and the other two workers at the counter looked at him, “Finally you are back jerk. Where have you been missing just now?” Sunhee a.k.a Chanyeol’s crush nagged.

“I’ve got my permission from Ara okay. So shut up witch” Chanyeol said and I chuckled. When will you confess hyung? We walked to the counter at stood there.

“Omo, who is the handsome boy behind you?” The other worker asked. “Oh, I forgot. This is Oh Sehun” Chanyeol said and pulled me beside him, “My childhood friend, and Sehun-ah, this is Hyejin and Sunhee or the witch” he introduced us and I smiled. “Hi, I’m Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you both”

 “Omo omo you’re so handsome!! Hi I’m Hyejin! I’m in charge as casher here!” Hyejin said and I nodded. She’s funny.

“Hi. I’m Sunhee not witch” Sunhee said and glared at Chanyeol and he mehrong-ed, “Btw, nice to meet you too” she smiled and I suddenly understand why is Chanyeol kept telling us about her smile. Indeed, her smile is pretty.

“Oh, you’re back” Ara appeared from the kitchen wearing the café’s apron. Somehow she looked good wearing that.

“Yeah, we’re back!” Chanyeol saluted. Geez. Childish.

“Hey,” she called and looked at me. “I’m staying here until the café close. Do you want to go back first or you want to wait for me in the office?” she asked.

“Hey! How about you hire Sehun to work here? We’ve do not have enough workers right?” Chanyeol suddenly suggested and winked at me. Aish, sly hyung.

“We do need one more worker..Do you want to work here?” Ara said and looked at me. “Do you want to?” she asked. I looked at Chanyeol and he nodded furiously. “Yes..I guess” I said and scratched my neck.

“You guess?” she furrowed her eyes brows. “I mean yes. But I’ve got no knowledge about coffee though I loved it” I said and she chuckled “You don’t have to worry about that, me or Yeol oppa will teach you” she said and I looked at Chanyeol. Did she just call him oppa? Somehow Chanyeol looked like he knew what I was thinking and smirked.

“So I guess you’re hired now. I’ll tell you about your salary later. For now I’ll tell you how we operate here since there is not much customer. Hyejin is the cashier, Sunhee and another worker called Miyoung are in charge of taking order. Chanyeol and I are in charge of the kitchen and I’m the owner of this cafe. And you, where should I put you?” she said and bite her thumb. So cute!

“Kitchen of course! Sehun can cook western dish very well! I’ll be making coffee and he can cook! And you will take care of the cakes!” Chanyeol clapped and I laughed. Dumb hyung.

“Okay then” she said and others clapped.

 “Welcome to D Café handsome!!” Hyejin said making us laugh.

“Stay away from my little brother you e” Chanyeol said and Hyejin smacked her head.

“How old are you by the way?” Sunhee asked me

“I’m 22” I answered and they ooh-ed, “I guess all of us are your noona except for Ara” she said and I nodded. “Well, since you said all of you here is my noona except Ara, is Chanyeol my noona too?” I said with poker face and all of them laughed, “Yah!! How could you back stab me!!” Chanyeol the drama queen complained and I shrugged.

“Anyway, welcome to the café, Sehun-ssi” Ara smiled and I smiled back.

 

Looks like a year for my plan started well.

 

 


Third chapter up!

Zangsia1, what do you mean by he lied? Are you referring to the abusive father? Well, if you refer back to chapter one, Sehun said that his father hit him, but he did not state that his father is abusive but the girl herself assumed so. I hope I cleared that for you :D

Do comment and Enjoy reading!