GREATEST MISTAKE

THE GANGSTER CONTRACT

GREATEST MISTAKE.

 

Every human being is entitled to make a mistake. It's either big or small. Mistake is still a mistake whatever it may result. Sometimes it's beautiful. But most of the time it gets ugly.

 

"Hey Dara! How’s being Kwon Jiyong’s muse?" Sandara Park—known by the nickname Dara—only groans when Bom seat beside her while wearing a wide grin.

 

Park Bom is also a muse that serves for Choi Seunghyun or simply Top. She had a mouth that makes you extremely crazy and a personality that can drive you insane.

 

"This is a great mistake," she mumbled as she bangs her head on top of her desk.

 

She her friend giggled. She just glares at her making the latter laughs more. Great. She rolls her eyes at her and groans back leaning her head on top of the desk.

 

"Aww! Fine! Fine! I won't laugh at you. Come on! Stop sulking, Dara," Bom coaxed her as she gently shakes her.

 

Bom is the first person she got friends with upon studying at Gakuen High. She had to transfer to another school because of the tuition hike in her previous school. And one more thing, Gakuen High is the nearest school in their home. It’s her last year in high school so stopping is out of the question.

 

Sandara Park is an orphaned child leaving with her Uncle and Aunty. She was taken by the Lee family after her parents died to an accident when she was twelve years old. They were kind and treated her as their own. They have two children and her cousin.

 

When she entered Gakuen High, she had no idea about the school’s reputation at all. All she knew that it’s famous. She didn’t expect that it was known because of its weird students.

 

She never knew that the school is actually a place that harboring students who are gangsters. What more shocking are their weird muses that served as their personal slaves?

 

And it’s really a grave mistake that she is now belongs to those muses as what they call it.

 

It's been days after that fateful day. If only she did not follow the guy and returned that contract; if only she just hide it instead, all of this won’t have been happen.

 

"Peace Minus One is coming!!!" someone shouted.

 

Everyone became chaotic and return to their seat.

 

"Alright, girl. I should fix Top’s seat first. He can get grumpy id his chair is not in place," Bom informs her and gave her a wink before leaving her.

 

Sandara can only sigh. She is sure that Jiyong will be late again. As always.

 

Come to think of it. He never once acted as her master. It’s like being his muse is doesn’t make a sense. He never treated her as one, though. During their class, he is either asleep or just silently observing.

 

'Kwon Jiyong doesn't have to speak to make a point. One look from him says it all. He's quiet yet dangerous. He is feared by all the students in here. Even the teachers. Not unless you're one of his gang mates. No one dares cross him. He's the ring leader after all.'

 

She remembered Bom told her when she asked about Jiyong. The girl also informs her everything about being a muse. She's a pro and expert, according to her.

 

Right then she realized how much big deal being his muse. He's the ring leader. Meaning, he is feared in the entire school. A gangster, perhaps, delinquent and trouble himself, that's Kwon Jiyong. She's screwed! Big time!

 

'You are his first ever muse, Sandara. He never had one before.' Bom said also.

 

"Whaaa?! Ottokae?" she whispered to herself. It was a pressure in her side. She felt a lot of eyes are being thrown at her.

 

"Of all the students here, why he? Why did have to be him I bumped with that day?" she groans quietly dropping her head on top of the desk unceremoniously.

 

THUD

 

She created a loud sound by bumping her head. She gasped and immediately touched her aching forehead because of her stupidity.

 

"AWWW!" she whimpered. She crunched her face in pain while rubbing her forehead.

 

"Stupid," a voice muttered from behind her followed by a round of laughter.

 

She harshly turned to her back as her eyes widen seeing Peace Minus One. Seungri is the one who laughs out loud at her silliness. The other two namely Dong Youngbae and Kang Daesung just snicker. Choi Top shakes his head with a smile as he takes his seat thanking Bom. The girl just smiled and gets back to her own seat.

 

And there he is. The guy who nonchalantly called her stupid—Kwon Jiyong while wearing an old bored look.

 

He is now seated crossed leg on his seat behind her. His one hand is inside his pants pocket while the other is propped up on top of the desk supporting his chin that stayed at rest. Unfortunately, he was located behind her seat!

 

Her seat was originally Youngbae’s since no one wanted to seat there because of fear to Jiyong. He offered it to him when she came. Since according to him, she is Kwon Jiyong's muse. Youngbae already moved next to Daesung.

 

"You're not late," she said while caressing the bump on her forehead.

 

"So?" he answered disinterestedly.

 

"Nothing. It’s just…I’m not used to it," she winced when she suddenly put a pressure on her forehead. "Aww! Darn it!" she quietly uttered.

 

"Dummy," he said watching her in misery.

 

Sandara scowls at him and turns in front. It’s better to ignore him. She’ll just get annoy with his attitude. He was supposedly her master, right? How can he act so blunt? How can he care less? Bastard.

 

Good thing the bell rings as the start of their class. For now, they are waiting for the teacher to arrive with so much chaos. There are some throwing crumpled papers at each other. There is some small brawl on the side holding each other’s collar. Some were eating, grooming themselves, sleeping, gossiping, there are some playing poker! God! What section did she enter?! How the hell did this happen?

 

Ah, yes! It’s because of the guy behind him. When she got her schedule from the register office, she learned that she was assigned to this class—section 3D where Jiyong was in.

 

"That looks nasty," commented by Seungri who occupy the seat in front of her. He has a mischievous grin on his lips as he tried to touch her bump.

 

"Aish! Don't touch it. It's fragile," she slaps his hand away from doing any damage of her swelling temple.

 

Seungri chuckled. "Aigoo!  Hahaha! Say noona, is Jiyong hyung making you suffer? Just tell me. I'll protect you. See this muscle? Hmm...hmm..." he joked while showing his biceps playfully.

 

"Hahaha! Aigoo!" she laughs and pats his head affectionately.

 

"Dumbs," Jiyong muttered inaudibly but somehow it reached their ears.

 

She stops laughing and turned to him. He glanced at her bored and moved just to cross his arms over his chest as he leans back. He then raised a brow at her as if waiting for her retort.

 

"Aish...Kill joy," she snorted and quickly turns to Seungri. She totally ignores him and happily chatted with Volume.

 

She finds the young lad adorable and charming. He's loud and loves to talk. Seungri is a very happy-go-lucky person that sometimes it causes him into troubles. He is the youngest and unmindful of all Peace Minus One gang members.

 

Sandara heard some shuffling behind but ignored it.

 

"Where are you off to, Jiyong?" she heard Youngbae asked.

 

"Somewhere. It's annoying here," then he's gone.

 

"He's going to sleep again?" Top asked to Youngbae.

 

"As usual," the latter shrugs.

 

"It’s already a miracle he goes to school these past days. Though, he is always late. Just let him be," Daesung said while rolling a pen on his fingers. His feet are on top of his desk.

 

She turns to him.

 

"Really? Is that true?" she asked curiously.

 

Daesung turns to her as well as Youngbae, Top and Seungri. He smiled at her with his signature eye smile.

 

"Yup," he nodded. "When we were freshmen, he always cut classes. He doesn’t often go to school also. And he would prefer to lay back and sleep instead. Hmm...In fact, this is the first time he frequently goes to class," he said putting his hands behind his head. "I wonder why..."

 

"What’s wrong with that? Maybe he wanted a new life," she reasoned out.

 

The four men laughed.

 

"Noona, you don't really know Jiyong hyung, do you?" Seungri said.

 

She just looked at him blankly.

 

"Jiyong is not the type of person who will change, Sandara. Believe me, there will be an end of the world but that guy won’t change. He's too proud to change," Youngbae said.

 

"And, nobody can make him do that. Not even his parents," Seungri chirped in.

 

"You’re over-reacting. The way you talk, Jiyong seems hopeless," she countered.

 

"Well, you could say that. But with the things that happening recently, there might be hope. Who knows," Top said and the boys looked at each other meaningfully.

 

Sandara frowns. "And what do you mean by that?"

 

No one answered and just get back to their seat in time the teacher came in.

 

 

***

 

 

"Aish! Where is that guy?" Sandara complains while pacing on the open field of the campus. She was holding a plastic container of takoyaki and in can soda which is not hers.

 

She was in middle of her lunch break when Top approached her and unceremoniously gave her those items. Of course, she wondered. And when she asked, they all said it was for Jiyong’s.

 

It was his favorite food during lunch break. And being his 'muse' it is her moral obligation to ensure that he won’t skip meals. She wanted to protest but she can’t do anything about it. They ganged up on her already and pushed her to search for Jail. She didn’t even finish her food yet!

 

"That guy is really a troublesome. Where is he, anyway?" she mumbled while kicking the innocent grass along her way annoyingly.

 

"Kyaa! He really looks cool despite being a bad boy!"

 

Sandara halted upon hearing a giddy voice not far.

 

"He is so hot and y even just sleeping. Not to mention, a handsome too!" another voice gushed.

 

"His muse is very lucky. I wish it was me," another one wished.

 

Out of curiosity, she slowly walks to the commotion. She also looked out to the person they were 'lusting' over. She has a hunch that she knew who they were dissecting.

 

"Idiot! He is not even throwing a glance at anyone," someone retorted.

 

"What did Sandara do to be Jiyong’s muse? She’s a transfer student, right?" someone asked.

 

Sandara can only sigh deeply. She already used to the rumors spreading out between her and Jiyong and it’s not important anymore. She can’t do anything about it, anyway. They believed what they wanted to believed. That’s their life.

 

"Aherm!" she fakes a cough to get their attention. She didn’t fail and they turn to her. She wanted to laugh at their face right now. They looks like have seen a ghost. "Are you talking about me?"

 

"Ah...er...D-Dara-ssi...w-what...we-we’re not talking about you," one of them denied nervously.

 

"Really?" she just said before nodding. They scamper away so quickly after. She just let them be. She just let it go this time since it’s not worthy of the effort. They didn’t bad mouth her. So she just let it go.

 

She inhaled before turning to still oblivious sleeping jerk, she meant Jiyong under the tree from the distance. She slowly made her way towards him as she carefully seat beside him. And for the first time, she let herself study him.

 

Jiyong has a rough look based on his physical appearance. He got a lot of tattoos perfectly drawn on his arms. Except the smiley near his thumb that seems out of place with his cool inked marks. He may dyes his hair often yet it’s seems soft. He has lean and slim body unlike most of his gang mates. He has an average height for a guy. Though his eyes are covered with one of his arms, she managed to appreciate his facial assets. His nose is pointed but round. His lips are small and red despite of being a chain smoker himself.

 

So it’s no wonder that he has many 'fangirls'. Even he has bad image, he is undeniably good-looking. Then he is also a snob and quiet as well. That attitude has a great appeal to girls so much.

 

"You should always look like this even awake. You look innocent when sleeping. You are annoying to look at," she whispered while staring at him. She tilts her head and moves closer to get a better view of him. She hadn’t notice their distance already. She was about to move the few strands of his hair that falls in his head when he suddenly spoke up.

 

"Tsk. So noisy," he suddenly in husky voice.

 

She widens her eyes and stiffens. Even when he starts to remove his arm that covering his eyes, Sand cannot still move. And when he finally fluttered his eyes open, she can't help but to stare.

 

Jiyong has deep set of dark eyes. It's cold and looks mysterious. But something about it makes her interest rises. As if she wanted to discover what else she could see in those orbs.

 

"What are you doing?" Jiyong frowned which woke Sandara up from her reverie.

 

She quickly distances herself away from him trying to hide the blushed creeping on her cheeks. She just has been caught by him. How shameful!

 

"N-Nothing. I was just checking if you’re still alive. I was looking for you for a while." She wanted to clap herself to that excuse. Hopefully, he bites it.

 

Jiyong didn't answer and just watched her. He may have doubts but he just let it go instead. Not long after, he slowly seats up. He yawns as he scratches the back of his thick now dyed raven hair. He had changed his hairstyle again.

 

"I'm hungry," he mumbled groggily. She doesn’t know if it’s for her to listen or not. He looks like having a monologue instead.

 

Then she remembered why she’s looking for Jiyong. She quickly got the items which she set aside earlier to the side.

 

"Here. They told me it is for you," she said giving him the takoyaki. "Drinks," she added giving him the soda can.

 

Jiyong looked at her confused.

 

"Why you?"

 

"Because I'm your 'muse', remember?" she reminded him.

 

He stilled for a moment. He quietly accepted the meal and starts devouring it.

 

She fell silent but she cannot take not talking to him.

 

"Jiyong, why aren’t you talking about this set up? We have been the center of everyone’s gossip yet I didn’t hear anything from you," she asked upon turning to him.

 

Jiyong halted from eating seemingly thinking. But then he continued to eat without saying anything.

 

Sandara can only sigh. She really can’t get used to him. Maybe that’s the reason why he hadn’t have muse because of his infuriating personality.

 

'Such a waste'

 

She just let him be and watch the entire field.

 

She hadn’t been in Gakuen for long but she still having a hard time adjusting. Most of all, she has been the topic of the students just because she bumped with the ring leader. She didn’t know Jiyong is gangster. She also argued with him that day just because he didn’t bother apologizing to her. This is her punishment!

 

Being Kwon Jiyong's muse has ups and downs at some point.

 

Sandara jerked when she felt something cold touched her cheek. When she turns to her side, it was a chilled soda can she gave to Jiyong.

 

"Aish! What the—?" she yelled at him while wiping off the liquid with the back of her hand.

 

Jiyong didn’t answer though and tap her forehead emotionless. She gasped because of the bump she got earlier.

 

"Don't think too much," he said before leaving her with his bag he disregarded earlier.

 

"Aish!" she grumbles and caressed her head. But she was surprised feeling a rough object there. She tapped it and realized that it was a salon pass.

 

She can just follow him by gaze with a smile slowly drawing out from her lips.

 

"That guy..." she whispered while looking at his retreating back.

 

She just watches the students give way to him. Jiyong is really one of a kind. He is feared but respected, one liner man that does not need words to emphasize his point. He doesn’t even care about what people say about him. He's a tardy guy and always sleeps. Not to mention, he really loves to eat takoyaki!

 

Sandara can only shook her head after he finished the takoyaki in one go before. Not long after, she stands up and stretched out. It’s time to go back to class.

 

 

***

 

 

"What the..." Sandara curses soundlessly when a bunch of gifts and letters dropped on her upon opening her locker.

 

She groans loudly when she found out it's from Jiyong's fangirls.

 

When she became Jiyong’s muse, she had to deal with these presents and love letters for him every single day. They made her a messenger and delivery girl. It’s because they can’t gave it to Jiyong themselves because of fear.

 

So in the end, she was the one who is suffering.

 

"Haist! This getting on my nerves already," she said as she carefully fixed her books inside the locker. Then she picks up Jiyong’s souvenirs. She went up to her class even though she’s having a hard time.

 

"Oh God! This is really a lot?! Is that gangster has these many fans?" she mumbles towards the third floor.

 

She was at last step of the stairs when she heard some noise from outside. She looked down at the window overlooking the back of the building. She narrows her eyes and saw a group of thugs underneath. She's practically looking down at them. It’s a good thing that the window was low.

 

"Please...I’m begging you. Return my assignment. I will pass that tomorrow," she heard a girl pleaded.

 

"Shut up! You are just a hoobae and we are your sunbaes so learn to respect us!" a guy yelled angrily while holding the girl’s collar. The girl looks like a first year only.

 

"S-Sunbaenim..." the girl bowed while trembling.

 

"Very good! That’s right! Next time learn to follow! Is that clear?"

 

"N-Neh, sun-sunbaenim," the girl agreed fearfully.

 

Sandara felt pity towards the latter. Her types of students are always being victims of bullying. For her, those people who fight with someone weak are coward.

 

She memorizes their faces and continued walking towards her classroom. She will try to ask Jiyong for help. He may do something about it.

 

"Oh! Noona, that’s a lot? Is that yours? Wow! Famous!" greeted Seungri when she reached their room.

 

She hissed at him. Does he have to instead of helping her out, oh geez?

 

"Just get away from me if you won’t help me," she pushed him to the side so she could pass. "God! I think I cramp my arms. Aigoo!" she whimpers as she dropped the stuff in the desk.

 

"What is it?" Daesung asked curiously checking the items she brought. "Why do you have these? Eh, it’s for Jiyong hyung anyway?"

 

"You agreed to be a delivery girl?" Youngbae chirps.

 

"Tsk. Stupid," in a low voice but still she heard that remark from the one and only Jiyong.

 

"Excuse me! I'm not stupid! For your information, your fangirls are the one who are giving that to me. They send it through my locker. Eh, you have your own locker," she reasoned out.

 

Jiyong frowns and stands up. He gathers all the items on top of her desk and unceremoniously dumped them in the trash bin. She just hanged open to what he just did. He didn’t even bother opening one letter or the wrap gifts. How rude!

 

"OMO! Why did you throw it away?" she gasped when Jiyong returns.

 

He just looked at her blankly. Right then, she knew better than to pry anymore. Daesung and Youngbae left them when they noticed their leader’s grim expression. Sandara exhales deeply and just plummets on her chair tiredly.

 

Then she suddenly remembered that she will have to talk to Jiyong. More like favor. However, it looks like he is not in the mood right now. He is clearly not in the mood.

 

Well, there’s no harm in trying right?

 

She shuffles her chair and turns to look at him. Jiyong really looked like not in the mood. Because he just looked at her coldly.

 

"What?" he asked emotionless.

 

"Um...never mind," she said instead and face in front.

 

She’ll ask him next time. If he’s already in the mood. Hope so.

 

+

First chapter posted! Just like I said at wattpad when I posted this, I the readers to gain some learning in my story. Each of this characters have different struggles to face on which I made sure that you can pick up something. By the way, I got the whole concept and inspiration for this after watching Gokusen Marathon and reading Fifty Shades Trilogy. So the whole contract concept was inspaired by the latter and of course with the involment of these gangsters in Gokusen. I hope you like it and yeah. If it is not too much please leave a commen too so I would know your insights. Thank you again.

— CAMLLE.