I'M SORRY

THE GANGSTER CONTRACT

I'M SORRY.

 

"Ahh??" Minzy whimpers in pain as she shuts her eyes. Fat tears flow her cheeks leaning on the wall.

 

"Useless nerd! I warned you, ain’t I? I said do get the student fund cleanly! What did you do is so stupid?! They fcking found out!" Kiseop growls angrily as he grips her collar tightly which make her gasps for air. "You should be grateful that someone stupid was accused. No one should know the truth! And don’t you dare point us! Or else—"

 

"Or else what?" A low dangerous voice that they are all familiar with cut him off.

 

The air suddenly grew thick as the tension rise. Cross Bone step back in fright. They can hear his heavy steps towards them in slow motion.

 

Then, there he is. Kwon Jiyong.

 

His face was void of any emotion as he looks at them. Kiseop released Minzy rapidly when he saw Jiyong's face darkens. She coughs for air and opens her eyes to look at him in relief.

 

Cross Bone hurl in one corner facing the ring leader. Sure, they're all frightened by him. They have heard stories about him both inside and outside the campus premises. He didn’t just known as Gakuen's ring leader, even out of school gangs knew him.

 

Jiyong was involved in different brawls. From the smallest street fights to gang wars. He was also rumored joining underground fights. He is someone who should mess up with.

 

"K-Kwon," Kiseop regards him trying to hide his nervousness. He swallowed hard as sweat forms his forehead. He cannot show any sign of weakness. He is a leader. He must stand for s.

 

"Gong-ssi you can leave now," Jiyong orders darkly. He earned a nod from Minzy as she runaway quickly.

 

Kiseop cursed inwardly. The nerd escaped. But he’ll surely make her shut up.

 

"What?" Jiyong taunts raising a brow at him when he noticed his glare.

 

"This is out of your business. This is our business, Kwon. We didn’t cross with your gang," he hissed and bravely looked at him.

 

"Are you?" Jiyong asked sternly.

 

"Kiseop is telling a fact, Jiyong! We didn’t touch anyone from your gang," Kevin butts in. he is one of the members of Cross Bone.

 

"I see," he whispered darkly. He reached for his pocket and produced a stick of cigarette. He put it in between his lips and lit it with his gold lighter. He put the lighter back to his pocket as he released a ball of smoke.

 

The isolated hallway fills with the smell of nicotine as he continues to puff his cigarette.

 

"You see, I don't want to get fck by anyone. Especially by pathetic loser wannabes like your group," he remarks snidely.

 

Cross Bone reacted harshly at him. They glared at him but he seemed unfazed at all. That made them infuriated even more. They curl their fist into a ball and readied themselves to attack him. Thinking they would stand a chance because he's out numbered.

 

Jiyong smirked and pocketed his one hand. His other hand keeps holding the now half cigarette. He takes another sip of the cigar and blows the smoke in the air after.

 

"You're bunch of poor bullies. And you have the guts to labeled yourselves a gang?" he said in serious note.

 

Cross Bone lost it. Eli attacks him first with a straight punch. But he easily dodged it without releasing his cigarette and other hand on his pocket. Kevin steps in and gives him a blow as well but he steps back. His punch only hangs in the air. They keep on attacking him but none of them hit him even just once. The whole Cross Bone only got tired from their mindless attack at him while he remained no sweat and calmly waiting for their next assault. He almost has done with his cigarette but still no one from them able to touch him. He is not even attacking back.

 

"This is what you can only do?" he asked.

 

"Shut up!" Kiseop growls and with his new found strength, he throws another punched at him.

 

However, Jiyong is quick enough to hold his fist tightly with his one hand. Kiseop whimpers in pain when he twists his arm at his back. He pressed him to the wall and leans closer without releasing his tight hold on his arm.

 

"Listen carefully, !" Jiyong whispered on his ears poisonously. "I know what you made to do with Minzy. I know you're behind the robbery." Kiseop widens his eyes in fear. Jiyong pressed him more onto the wall. "Yes. I know everything. And I want you to admit you're crime to that fcking head teacher and his damn minion Go. You will leave Gong alone, understand?!" Every word he said lace a promise of hell if he won't do as he says.

 

Kiseop struggles to nod but Jiyong single-handedly tightens his grip to him. Cross Bone members can only watched the scene from their spot.

 

"Ahh... a-arasso. I-I will do it!" His screams echo around them when Jiyong snaps his arm for the last time and pushed him back to s who were piled up in the corner.

 

"Kiseop!" his gang attends to him immediately.

 

"I'm fine!" he scowls while holding his arm.

 

"I want your word be done tomorrow, Cross Bone leader," Jiyong warned impassively before turning around to leave. He throws the remaining filter of his cigarette on the trash bin on the way after breathing out the last smoke.

 

Cross Bone can only watch his back defeated.

 

They had encountered upper handedly what Kwon Jiyong is capable of. They had seen the proof as to why he is called the ring leader and feared by many. They now realized how dangerous Peace Minus One's Kwon leadah is.

 

***

 

Sandara is so frustrated.

 

She doesn’t have any idea how to apologize to Jiyong. She doesn’t have any guts to face him after all she reproached to him. She was wrong by thinking the worst of him. She can’t even look at him because of shame.

 

Even up until now, she hasn’t found the courage to talk to him yet. She's trying so hard to ignore him in different reason. It was her fault this time. She got mad to him and called him names hastily. It looks like he doesn’t deserve everything she said about him.

 

She groans loudly as she drops her head on top of her book.

 

"Just apologize to him, Sandara. It’s not difficult anyway," she heard Bom said beside her. They were currently at school canteen for their vacant hour. She invited her over since she felt awkward being around the same vicinity with Jiyong.

 

She looks up and made a face. She's currently checking out her newly polished nails as she glanced at her. The latter only giggled with her reaction.

 

"You're such a big help really," she sarcastically retorted.

 

Bom laughs once more. "You are the one at fault. You judge Jiyong hastily without thinking."

 

"I know! That’s why I really felt guilty," she sighs and looks away. She traced the writings on her book absentmindedly. "I didn’t know him really. Compare to you, I just knew him for a month or two," she whispered quietly.

 

"That’s right! Why don’t you try and get to know him then?" Bom turns to her and smiles when she glanced up. "Jiyong isn’t hard to figure out, only that he just hard to get along with. But once you knew him fully, you will discover that he isn’t as bad as you think he is. In fact, he is someone very steadfast. Do you know that most of his gang mates he took in were the ones he helped before?" she informs her.

 

"Really?" Sandara asked in wonder.

 

Bom nodded. "Yes! That’s why; it’s not true that he doesn’t want to help Daesung or Minzy when you asked him before."

 

"Then why does he always opposing with me from helping them?" she pouted.

 

"Haven’t you noticed? Jiyong just wanted to prevent you from getting in danger. He doesn't want you to get in trouble, that's why. He is just really worried for your safety," Bom pointed out.

 

"And calling me 'stupid' is part of his concern? Wow! Really," she snorted.

 

"Who was the numb one between the two of you? Is it Jiyong or you?" her friend asked scornfully while rolling her eyes at her.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Never mind! Have you decided if you’ll apologize to him?"

 

"I don't know!"

 

"You better decide now, girl," she suddenly said.

 

"Why?" she frowns.

 

"Because he is coming already here, I mean, the whole Peace Minus One," she smiled wickedly. "Hi, Top! What would you like to have for your food?" she greeted the new comer from her back while giggling playfully.

 

Sandara stiffened and widens her eyes at Bom but the girl is enjoying her reaction.

 

"Don't bother, Bom. I have pack lunch from my mom. Hello Sandara-ssi!" Top greeted her and occupy the space across her.

 

She glanced at him briefly, smiling back awkwardly. She took a risk of glancing at the emotionless guy that her master and cleared the invisible lumps in while blushing shamefully.

 

"Hello!" she greeted back bowing slightly. And tried to looked anywhere but Jiyong who's seating beside Top.

 

"I’m going to get you a drink, Top. I'll be back," BOm stands up and taps Sandara's shoulder as if telling her good luck.

 

She groans inwardly. She is so tense. And it can't help that Bom is enjoying how she tortures herself. She can't take it anymore.

 

Sandara hurriedly gathers her stuff and stood up to leave. She has to get away from there. She's not ready yet.

 

"You’re leaving already?" Youngbae asked.

 

She gazed at Jiyong first and surprised to see him watching her. And she tenses even more so she averted her gaze back to Youngbae.

 

"Neh! I have something to do. Bye!" she quickly said goodbye and leave. She almost stumbled with some student because she was in a hurry. Sandara could just breathe freely after making sure she was in a far distance.

 

"Pwew! That was awkward!"

 

 

***

 

Totally astound and bewildered—the gang could only follow Sandara’s retreating figure by confuse gaze. They don’t have any idea why she acted so nervous and all. She looks hilarious actually like she’s been chased by one-hundred and one Dalmatian all at once.

 

"What was that?" Youngbae asked, confusion was written all over his face.

 

"Did you say anything bad, hyung?" asked by Seungri who was sporting pretty much the same expression.

 

"None! Maybe Top hyung did," Youngbae denied vehemently.

 

"Huh? I just greeted her hello. Is that wrong?" Top reasoned out.

 

"Then what did happen to Dara noona?" Daesung wondered.

 

"Oh?! Where is Sandara?" Bom asked when she returns and noticed Sandara gone.

 

"She left already. She was in a hurry, saying she needs to do something," Top shrugs and thanked her for getting him a drink.

 

"Ha?! She hasn’t eaten anything for lunch yet! She skipped again!" Bom groans frustratingly.

 

"She's skipping lunch?!" Jiyong suddenly butts in furrowing his brow together.

 

Bom nodded admittedly.

 

"Since three days ago."

 

"Ha? But why?" Daesung asked in shocked.

 

A shrug was only Bom’s answer. She refused to tell Sandara's reason just because she knew it won't be factual to do so. It’s not her place to tell anything.

 

Jiyong scowled inwardly. He just lost his appetite. He rather sleeps the growing irritation crawling up his body. Sandara is really one frustrating woman.

 

He stands up and gave his food to Daesung. He noticed that the latter had only water and a piece of bread for his meal. He must be saving money for his debt to Krab.

 

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Daesung frowned.

 

"You can have it. I’m not in the mood anymore. I’ll take a nap somewhere," he responded expressionless.

 

"You’re leaving too? Where are you going?" Youngbae asked before he could fully leave.

 

"Somewhere," he shortly replied and went out.

 

"What’s with them?! Their getting weird really" Seungri wonders watching his Jiyong hyung walk away sluggishly.

 

"I don’t know. Let’s just eat," Youngbae dismissed with a sigh.

 

"Those two really fit together," Bom remarks.

 

"We second the motion," Peace Minus One agreed in sync.

 

 

***

 

Daesung is whistling an unknown tune while walking home that night. The takoyaki stall has profited a lot that day and he received a bonus. It can be added to his savings to pay Krab.

 

He has to earn more money since his funds won’t be enough to pay the loan shark as of the moment. He just need to request a little more time to Krab for he may not be able to beat the deadline.

 

His smile vanished as soon as he arrived in their house. He found Krab seating regally on their chair while hitting a tobaco stick. As usual, he has worn his silver suit and gold bling-bling and rings. He had white fedora hat on his head. And his minions are also scattered around.

 

"Good evening, Daesung-ssi," Krab greeted.

 

"Krab! What are you doing here?" he cautiously asked as his eyes searched for his sisters.

 

"Looking for your sisters?" the hoodlum asked meaningfully.

 

His eyes widen and his heart thumps nervously.

 

"What did you do to them?! Where are they?!" he growls as panic shots through him. He was about to tackle him but his men stopped him from doing so. His mind already imagining worst scenarios about what happened to Jae Sung and Hae Sung.

 

"Na ah! Relax! They are just outside. My men are taking good care of them for a while," Krab stands from his seat and approached him.

 

"What do you want?! It wasn’t deadline yet. It’s not part of our deal!" he glares at him.

 

Krab shakes his head and smirks. He leaned onto his face tapping his cheek gently but firmly.

 

"We're loan shark, Daesung-sii. Money is our business. If we want it, we get it. Anytime. We fck rules and contracts. We can play dirty. We can be tricky. You understand, boy?" he said wickedly.

 

"No! Please not my sisters! I will pay! I swear! Just stay away from my sisters!" he begs. At the back of his mind, he can hear his sisters’ cries and fears. They must be really scared right now and looking for him.

 

Krab leans away. "Of course! They will come back to you. IF. Only if you will pay me back my money all at once," he smiled evilly. "So Daesung-ssi, I'm going to wait for your payment then! Just be quick though. I cannot promise you that your beloved sisters will come back to you whole," he laughs and motions his men to let him go before leaving.

 

Daesung was dazed for a moment. There is only one thing that keeps on ringing on his head. He has to get his sister from Krab’s filthy hands no matter what.

 

He quickly runs after them outside and sees his sisters being held hostage by two men of Krab.

 

"Oppa!" they cried his name.

 

"Krab! Wait?! Please! Not my sisters! Have mercy on them!" he begs as he grips Krab's suit lapel. He doesn’t care if he looked pathetic for crying as he begs for his sisters’ freedom.

 

Two of Krab’s men approached him and forcefully pulled him far away.

 

"We're done talking, Daesung. Get my money and you'll have your sisters. I will bring for insurance," Krab said and about to leave when he got out from his men and gave him a hard blow on the nose. Krab cried out in pain holding his now bleeding nose. "Fck! You broke my nose! Get him!" he ordered to his men.

 

Hell broke loose. They beat him up into pulp altogether. He also retaliated and fought back but he was alone and helpless. Until, he was left to the ground badly beaten. He can taste his own blood on his mouth and the faint breathing as he pants heavily.

 

"Oppa!" He heard Hae Sung exclaims. She got to bit the hand of the man holding her and escaped. One of the men runs after her.

 

He coughs blood as he tries to get on his feet.

 

"Oppa! I’m scared!" Jae Sung cried out.

 

He was able to stand up. And once again, he continued to fight. Even if he was in a lot of pain and exhausted, he didn’t give up.

 

"Boss! The kid got escaped. She quickly disappeared!" he heard one of the men who chase Hae Sung came back.

 

"Tonto! She’s just a kid and she able to runs away from you?! Idiot!" Krab growled angrily while nursing his bleeding nose. "You! Get that rascal inside the car. And don’t fcking let her escape!" he ordered on the man holding Jae Sung.

 

Daesung got alarmed as he tried to get to Jae Sung. However, it seemed impossible with Krab's other men block him.

 

"OPPA! I don’t like you! You are bad people! Oppa! Daesung oppa!" Jae Sung cried out but the man holding her immediately locked her inside the backseat of their car. His sister continued to wail slapping the tinted window in the process.

 

Daesung tried to open his eyes as much as he can. He cannot do anything and accept all the smack or kick that was given to him by the hoodlums. His body finally gives up and he fell on the ground. He is really beat. And Krab’s men didn’t stop either until he cannot move no more.

 

"That’s right for you, fool!" Krab spat on Daesung and kick him across the face as he lied down on the ground.

 

"Argh!" he groans painfully and rolls on his back as he stayed weak on the ground.

 

"You’re brave, kid but you are still a weak!" he growls again kicking him with every word.

 

He almost lost hope when he heard a familiar voice coming their way.

 

"Daesung!" Jiyong's voice called his name.

 

At last. His only hope came.

 

"Who's that?" Krab frowns and looks behind them.

 

Jiyong is running towards them and the first thing he saw is Daesung's beaten up figure looking at him hopefully. His anger flares up and kicks the first man on his way. Another one blocked him but he just punched him away.

 

Krab’s group stepped back.

 

"You fcking as$holes!" Jiyong darkly said through gritted teeth as he slowly approached them.

 

"W-Who the hell are you?" Krab stuttered clearly affected by Jiyong's dangerous presence.

 

"Your worst nightmare," he hissed angrily curling his fist tightly.

 

"W-What?!" Krab repeated.

 

"I’ll make you pay for touching Daesung!" he snarls and about to attack them if only they did not run away quickly.

 

Krab along his men climbs on their cars droving speedily away from him with Jae Sung as their hostage.

 

Jiyong quickly approached Daesung who was still weak lying on the ground. He guided him inside their house and helped him aid his injuries. He let him put his arm over his shoulder as they walk inside the house. He didn’t notice Hae Sung came back.

 

"H-How did you k-know?" he asked Jiyong speaking with difficulty.

 

"Your sister called me. I run here as fast as I can," he answered while tending his wounds. On how Hae Sung did that, he didn’t pry anymore. The more important thing is he came just on time.

 

"They got Jae Sung," he sobs again; feeling down he let them capture his sister.

 

"We'll get her. Don't worry," Jiyong said reassuringly.

 

"How? I have to pay Krab first with the rest of our debt before I can get Jae Sung back. I don't have enough money! But I can’t let my sister stay under Krab’s claws. He is a very dangerous man! He might do something with my sister. What should I do?"

 

"I’ll handle it. Just rest," the latter only said as he prepared to leave.

 

"What do you mean hyung?" Jiyong just looked at him impassively. Right then, he knew exactly what he is planning. His eyes widen. He tried to stand up but he winces at the slightest move. "You're not thinking what I'm thinking right now, hyung? You can't! I thought you had stopped coming there? I thought you stop joining that filth?"

 

However, Jiyong played deaf and turned around to leave.

 

"Your sister will return to you no matter what, Daesung," he lastly said before leaving completely.

 

Daesung exhales in frustration. He has to stop Jiyong. And there’s only one person who can do that. So he got his phone and flips it open frantically searching on his contacts.

 

He immediately pressed the call button when he saw the number he was looking for. He dialed and prayed to answer his call.

 

"Noona! Thank God! I need to tell you something urgent!" he exclaims gratefully that she answered.

 

"Neh? About what?"

 

"Jiyong hyung...you have to stop him! Jebal, stop him, noona!"

 

 

***

 

Sandara was about to sleep when her phone rings. She checked it and saw Daesung's name registered. She frowns but then answered.

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Noona! Thank God! I need to tell you something urgent!" he said on the other line.

 

"Neh? About what?" she asked again.

 

"Jiyong hyung...you have to stop him! Jebal, stop him, noona!"

 

"What?! Why?! What happened?" she worriedly sat up and scampers out of her bed. She stays hooked-up on the phone while getting on a coat not minding of the pale pink strawberry pajamas and over-size white shirt with huge strawberry design.

 

She just wear whatever flip-flops she had grab on the shoe rack and left the house after getting Jiyong's exact location from Daesung.

 

Her heart is hammering in unbelievable pace. She's damn worried of Jiyong.

 

"Daesung?!" she called the lad when she spotted him in the subway station where they decided to meet. She gasps seeing his fresh wounds and bruises. "What happened to you? Are you okay? Where did you get those bruises and wounds?"

 

"Long story. I will tell you later. We need to stop Jiyong hyung first," he just said and pulled her to go where Jiyong is.

 

"Where will we going to find him? What about the others? Did they know?" she asked while keeping up with Daesung's pace.

 

"I already called Youngbae hyung. He said he’ll inform Top hyung and Seungri. They must be there waiting for us," he answered.

 

She got confused with the place they were leading. The path was getting darker and darker as it seems secluded. Then they arrived at the old dumpsite for old and wrecked vehicles. And at the center of the place, there are many people around in circle. There is a loud noise coming from it.

 

"Daesung hyung! Dara noona! Here!" they saw Seungri waving at them at one corner with Youngbae and Top. They looked anxious too.

 

"Where's Jiyong? What is this place?" she asked while looking around. Then she heard the men howl and cheer in the background.

 

"Whohoo! G-Dragon! G-Dragon!"

 

"Kick his as$! I put my bet on you, G-Dragon!"

 

"Don’t lose, Cobra!"

 

"He is just a little kid Cobra!"

 

"For the win, G-Dragon!"

 

A single bulb was hanging above on the center that serves as the only source of light in the dark surrounding. Some audiences are on top of the car roofs just to watch what was happening in the middle.

 

"This is an illegal fighting ground, Sandara," Top answered.

 

"What?! Why are we here?" she exclaims wide eyes.

 

"Because Jiyong is here. He's on the center of that people. He was fighting right now. He was known here as G-Dragon," Youngbae informed her.

 

She felt a bucket of cold water poured at her. She felt extreme apprehension and fear. What if, Jiyong got hurt? No! She shouldn't be thinking that way.

 

"This is my fault! If not for my problem, Jiyong hyung won’t do this," Daesung blames himself once again.

 

"What happened with you in the first place?" Youngbae inquired. Daesung briefly recounted what happened with their earlier encounter with Krab and his men.

 

"Why didn’t you tell us about it? We could have helped you!" Seungri exclaims after Daesung finished his story.

 

"God! Something is already happening to you and we’re clueless about it! Daesung, you should have spoken up. We can help you!" Youngbae growls exasperatedly.

 

"You're going through a lot. Why didn’t you inform us beforehand? We shouldn’t be here now. Krab wouldn’t have got your sister," Top chirps as well.

 

"Guys! That's enough, okay! What's done is done. Let's focus on how to stop Jiyong! No one wanted this to happen. Daesung stop blaming yourself. What we should do right now is to think of a way so we could get near to Jiyong and stopped him," Sandara interjects but inside she's actually scared and worried.

 

The four boys sigh and nod in agreement.

 

"Sandara is right. We have to stop Jiyong from this madness," Top said finally.

 

"But how?" Seungri asked.

 

They fell silent for a while.

 

"I have an idea!"

 

"What is it?" They turn to him curiously.

 

Daesung and Top guided Sandara, holding her hands and lifted her up so she could get on the top of the cargo truck with them. Seungri and Youngbae were at the bottom guiding her up as well. Then the two followed after.

 

They can now have a better view of what's happening in the middle.

 

Sandara gasps and covered watching Jiyong fighting with a bulky man twice his size. Sweats glisten on his hair down to his topless body which he bathes with. Jiyong isn't much of a big guy but his body is lean. She hasn’t seen him in real fight. Well, not until now. But from what she heard and the way people feared him, he may be really a good fighter.

 

She watched every punch, every kick, and every blow that Jiyong was giving to his opponent. His face is devoid of any emotion. It's as if she's seeing a different person.

 

And she her breath when his opponent retaliated, holding Jiyong by the neck after tripping him down. The bulky man grips his neck as he raises him up in the air. Jiyong choked and tried to fight back by failing his feet.

 

Sandara's eyes welled up in concern. Her chest constricts in pain for Jiyong.

 

"S-Stop..." she whispered quietly. She shut her eyes and screamed on top of her lungs. "Stop it, JIYONG!”

 

She opens her eyes then, and meets Jiyong's eyes looking at her with mixed frown and concern. The looked he always gives her every time she'll do something stupid. The one she always ignores.

 

Everyone looked at her as the brawl stop for a moment courtesy of her interruption. Nonetheless, she didn’t care about the attention she gathered. Her eyes only stayed at Jiyong, looking oh so worried.

 

Jiyong cursed upon seeing Sandara on top of the truck with s. He turns to his opponent who's still distracted and gives him a hard kick on the face making him steps back and loses his grip at his neck. He takes the chance and gives him a round kick on the chest as final attack. The man named Cobra grunted in pain as he lay on the ground weakly while spitting blood. The middle man declared Jiyong won after checking that Cobra was knock out. But Jiyong didn't waste any more time and paced towards where they are, clearly mad.

 

Sandara followed Jiyong by gaze as he marched towards her. The audience parted giving him a way while looking at them intermediately. Then he got up to where he was with those blank and grim expressions on his face. His brows are connected in a frown as he glares at them.

 

"Jiyong..." she called his name.

 

"Hyung! Jiyong!" his friends said altogether ruefully when he glares at them.

 

"Dammit! Are you out of your mind, woman?! What the fck are you doing here?!" he growls and gazes at her body. He cursed once again and moved forward in front of her with single step. Sandara doesn't have the chance to say or do anything when Jiyong harshly grips her coat's lapel and starts to button it close.

 

"Are you this stupid? You came here wearing almost nothing! God! Sandara, you're just wearing thin pajamas! What are you thinking?!"

 

Jiyong just continues scolding her rapidly, throwing her 10 words per seconds. She can hardly keep up on what he was saying already. Yet, she can't help but smile inwardly.

 

She doesn’t know but somehow she can see how much he cared for her. Is this what Bom had been telling her all along? The thing she refused to acknowledge.

 

And next thing she knew, she's already hugging him while sobbing silently. He stilled and maybe surprised from what she did. For now, this is only the right thing to do.

 

 

***

 

Sandara tends Jiyong's wounds awkwardly. She can feel his gaze at her but she refused to look at him. After the fiasco she did earlier, she felt shy all of a sudden.

 

They returned to Daesung’s house. Youngbae, Top and Seungri went home after making sure that everything is okay. Jiyong remains quiet on their journey back and until now.

 

She put some antiseptic to the wounds on his knuckles. He didn't flinch nor winced. He just continued to stare at her. And she was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

 

She was putting band aid on his wound when she remembered something. She stopped what she was doing and faces him daringly. He just continued to look at her while waiting to what she is going to do.

 

His gaze is penetrating right through her soul. She looked away. She fidgeted with her fingers as she looked down.

 

"I’m sorry..." she mumbles silently.

 

Jiyong raised a brow at her frowning.

 

"I'm sorry for calling you bad names, for accusing you and thinking the worst about you. Forgive me, please," she said as she looked at him with Bambi eyes. Hoping it will work on him though she doubts it.

 

"Tsk." Jiyong only grunted. He tentatively glanced at her pouting cutely. He hid his smile though. He wanted to know what she's going to do.

 

Sandara twitched her lips and pouted. Jiyong is playing hard to get.

 

'Mianhae mianhae hajima

Naega chorahaejijanha

Ppalgan yeppeun ipsullo

Eoseo nareul jugigo ga

Naneun gwaenchanha

Majimageuro nareul barabwajwo

Amureochi anheun deut useojwo

Nega bogo sipeul ttae

Gieokhal su itge

Naui meorissoge ne eolgul geuril su itge...'

 

Jiyong looked at her slightly surprised when she suddenly sings. A smile slowly escaped from his lips but bit back before she can see it. He looked away and cleared his throat.

 

"You're forgiven," he said as he looked back at her.

 

Sandara's eyes lit up and a wide smile forms her lips.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes. Just stop singing," he waves his hand dismissively.

 

"Yah! It's not that bad!" she protested.

 

"Oh please!" he rolls his eyes at her.

 

"Yah! Yah! It's one of my hidden talents. You’re the only one who knows it. So you should be proud," Sandara boasted.

 

"Yeah right. Just keep it hidden then," he uttered lazily.

 

Sandara stood up and put her hands on her waits, trying to intimidate him.

 

"Conceited jerk! How about you? Can you sing, huh?" she challenged him

 

Jiyong just eyed her languidly but didn't say anything. She snickered and occupies the love seat on the side. Silence covered them for a moment until Sandara jerked up and looked at Jiyong with wide astounded eyes.

 

'Niga neomu gomapjanha Oh baby

Niga neomu yeppeujanha Oh~ yeah

Nuneul ttel suga eobseo nae nunen neoman boyeo

Neoman gyesok barabogo sipjanha nan oh jeongmal...'

 

Sandara cannot believe what her ears are hearing. Jiyong is actually singing! And damn it, he has a great voice! He's awesome!

 

"You..." she muttered after he finished singing. She stood up and clapped cheerfully at him. "Daebak! You can really sing!"

 

"Tss. Stupid," Jiyong muttered quietly hiding his smile away.

 

Not far away from the two, Daesung hides behind the door of Hae Sung's room giggling to himself watching his leader and his muse moment together. He's glad to see Jiyong show some emotions other than being his usual noncommittal self. And it's even better knowing Sandara can bring out that side of him that they can't do.

 

He is starting to see some life in Jiyong's eyes. One thing he wished for him to have a long time ago.

 

 

***

 

"Thank you! Come back again!" Daesung bowed happily at his customer. It's his shift at the takoyaki yum. He was in a very good mood. Aside from the fact that he was already free from his debt to Krab, Jae Sung returned to them as well, safe and sound.

 

He didn’t let Jae Sung stayed for one day with Krab. His sister, thank goodness, is safe. With Jiyong’s winning reward from the underground fight, his friends’ donation and his own savings, he paid all his family’s debt. That’s why he is so grateful for his friends. And maybe something bad might happened to them if not for them. He owes them big time.

 

He was preparing another set of takoyaki mixture in the maker when a customer came. His head was down as he attends them.

 

"Can we have two sets, please?" a girly voice said.

 

"Neh! Coming up!" he smiled up to the customer.

 

"Anneyeong!" Sandara waves at him smiling widely with Jiyong tagging behind her.

 

"You’re together again? Does that mean something?" Daesung teased the two. He laughs even more when Sandara looked away blushing. Jiyong remains impassive though.

 

"Aish! You noticed so much. Just focus on our order, alright?" Sandara said while blushing.

 

"Arasso! Just a minute ma'am!" then he saluted at her making her laugh.

 

The two seat while waiting for their orders. Daesung smiled watching the two get along with each other.

 

"Sandara?!" he heard Bom’s familiar shriek. He looks up and nods at Top who tags along with the latter.

 

"Bommie! What are you doing here?” Sandara asked.

 

"I am famished. So Top leads me here. His treating me!" Bom chuckled. "How about you?" she glanced over at Jiyong and gazed at her meaningfully. "I see. You and Jiyong is on a date."

 

"That’s also my guess, noona!" Daesung interjects.

 

"What?! No! We came here to eat!" Sandara denies scandalized.

 

"Eat. Date. Just the same," she teased enjoying their friend’s reaction.

 

"YAH!" The latter protested. She turns to Jiyong with pitiful eyes. "Tell them!"

 

"Tell them what?" Jiyong asked. He took their orders from Daesung.

 

"That we're not dating! We're just eating!"

 

Jiyong just shrugs as he starts devouring his food. Sandara looked at him incredulously which Bom just laughed off.

 

"Why yo-mmmph!" Sandara was cut off when Jiyong quickly shoved a piece of the food in . Just like what he did in the rooftop.

 

"Eat. Just eat and stop talking, hmm?" Jiyong said eating his own.

 

"Yo! What's this commotion?" Seungri and Youngbae walk up to them grinning.

 

"Oh? Why are you here too?" Bom inquired as she turns to the new comer.

 

Seungri came to the front and checked out Daesung’s goods.

 

"Nothing. I just want to try Daesung hyung’s takoyaki. So I told Youngbae hyung to come with me," he answered and about to mess up the takoyaki set Daesung was preparing. He quickly slapped his hand away from the food.

 

"Aish! Stop messing around, Seungri!" Daesung exclaims.

 

"It looks good on you, Daesungie!" Youngbae greeted him, referring his Takoyaki Yum headband. Daesung turned to him and posed animatedly.

 

"So, what’s with the commotion earlier?" Seungri asked still goofing around with Daesung's takoyaki.

 

"Look to your side and you'll know," Bom pouted towards Jiyong and Sandara who are having a world of their own.

 

Seungri complied and a mischievous grin played on his lips.

 

"Oh! Look what we have here," he said and walked to his hyung and noona and squeezed himself in between them, causing the two to move some distance. This earned a scowl from Jiyong which he just laughed it off as usual. "What’s the meaning of this?" he wiggles his brows playfully.

 

Jiyong and Sandara frowned. They looked at it each other and quickly averted their gaze.

 

"My, my! Don’t be shy kids!" Seungri teased.

 

Jiyong glares at him with a permanent scowl.

 

"Shut up, punk!" Jiyong growled as he head locked the latter.

 

They laughed at the makane when he tried to free himself from Jiyong as he pleads for his life.

 

"Serve you right, maknae!" Daesung said throwing him a tissue paper.

 

"That's what you get for picking at them," Youngbae commented and accepted the tissue Daesung gave him to throw at Seungri.

 

"Learn your lesson well, maknae-ah," Top blessed him with another tissue.

 

"Keep it up, Seungri!" Bom giggles showered him tissue as well.

 

"YAH! YAH!" Seungri yelled frantically as he gets away from the raining tissue paper.

 

 

 

+

ANNEYEONG!!! LONG TIME NO SEE? MIANHE FOR BEING MIA FOR A LONG TIME. I'M VERY SORRY. SIO TO COMPENSATE FOR IT. HERE'S AN UPDATE. HENGSHO~

- _CAMLLE