THE RETURN

THE GANGSTER CONTRACT

THE RETURN.

 

"Draw!" Seungri exclaims while grinning triumphantly.

 

"Ahh! Cheater!" Daesung said.

 

"Mwarago! Just accept it, hyung. I am the best, I'm the best! Nega chae chalaga...boom ratata-ratata eh!" Seungri sung some lyrics from the 2NE1’s song.

 

"Pfft." Daesung snorted bitterly.

 

"Let's stop this 'game'. It’s only Seungri who was gaining here," Youngbae chirps and tossed the cards on the table.

 

They are inside the classroom and playing cards. Because the teacher didn’t arrived yet, they decided to have fun and played cards. Their other classmates have their own thing to ease the boredom. Like Top who is busy sketching as usual. Then there are Bom and Sandara chatting with the latest Bigbang album series. And of course, there's the feared ring leader Jiyong who's doing his favorite hobby—sleeping. His head rested on top of his table along his arms together as he soundlessly sleeps. It's amazing that he can still do it with the noise around him.

 

The noise halted when their sliding door abruptly opened. Head teacher Park Jae Suk enters their room with head held high stiffly with their homeroom teacher following behind. No one greeted them nor fixed themselves. They just waited for him to say whatever $hit he is going to say sluggishly.

 

They aren’t interested at all. There are very few though.

 

Mr. Park clears his throat as he faces them in the middle of the podium with his hands behind him. He is so stiff and clearly nervousness. The head teacher rarely visits their class. He has three reasons though—for one, he really despises their section because of the next two reasons. Secondly, Peace Minus One is at their class, and of course Kwon Jiyong. To sum it up, he's frightened to them.

 

"Uh..." he croaks for starters which made the whole class raised a brow at him. Well, except for Jiyong who’s still in dreamland, completely ignorant of what is happening around him. He clears his throat once again nervously and put up a brave face. "Class 3D! I’m here to announce some significant thing. In the previous preliminary exam, your class once AGAIN ranked last on the list. Now, you won’t be able to graduate AGAIN! So I'm here to give you an ultimatum."

 

He hasn’t even starting yet the class started throwing complains with Peace Minus One leading the clamor.

 

"Yah! Yah! Shut up! Let me finish!" Mr. Park tried to hush them. "Okay. At the incoming midterm examination, you have to level up your class rank. If you won’t be able to raise your ranking, I don't have any choice but to put you on probationary status. You'll have to spend your sem break here to study and pass the special test."

 

"What?! No way!"

 

"Non-sense! Why would we want to spend our two weeks’ vacation with you?!"

 

"That's unfair!"

 

"Lol! You're one big LOL, squiddy!"

 

Of course the class roared with protests. Mr. Park stepped back in fear when some of the gang members advance towards him as if attacking him. He quickly hides behind Mr. Chun, 3D's ancient adviser, and let him face the wrath of their class.

 

"Teacher Chun, stop them," he ordered to the old teacher.

 

"Q-Quiet class! B-Behave!" the old adviser tried with his stuttering voice. But nobody listened.

 

The noise became louder. The two teachers don’t know how to calm the gangsters and the complaining students.

 

Amidst of the noise, the noise quickly died down when they all heard an animalistic groan. As if in slow motion, all of them turned at the back of the classroom. They gulped and turn cold in fear while they watched the person intensely. Mr. Park and Mr. Chun swallowed hard out of nervousness.

 

Slowly, Jiyong lets out a groan as he rubs his face on his arms, annoyed to the noise that disturbed his nap. Everyone hold their breath when he raises his head groggily and ruffles his now red hair. When he finally opens his eyes, they met his sharp glare that almost made them pee on their pants.

 

"Stop it, Jiyong. Just go back to sleep, neh?" Sandara said quickly when she saw his reaction. A mad Jiyong can be bloody scary. She sighs when he just stared at her. She shuffles her seat and faces him. "Come on, sleepyhead, go back to sleep," then she patted his head like a kid.

 

Jiyong gives her a deadly glare but she just dodges it with a smile.

 

"Tsk. I’m not a kid," he hissed before going back to slumber.

 

Sandara smiled and gently caressed his hair to make him relax. Soon after, his breathing becomes heavy as he goes back to dreamland.

 

Unknowingly, the entire class including Mr. Park and Mr. Chun stared at Sandara in awe. Well, who wouldn't? She made Jiyong calms down in less than a minute. Whether it is a good or not nobody cares. They were all saved from Jiyong’s wrath.

 

"Wow... Are they dating?" Mr. Park whispered to Mr. Chun who only shrugged apprehensively.

 

"Look at them. Aigoo! They’re so cute," Bom spazzed gripping Top's arm giddily.

 

"Yah! My arm! Don't murder it with your stylish claws!" Top hissed feeling Bom's nails digging on his arm.

 

"God! I can't believe I'm witnessing this day. Someone got the mighty dragon tamed at last!" Seungri said resting his arms behind his head cockily watching the two.

 

Daesung and Youngbae shrugged but the smile in their lips stayed.

 

Until they heard Mr. Park's annoying voice again. They glared at him and cracked their fists. The head teacher cowered in fear and gulped down.

 

"T-That's all. M-Mr. Chun, let's go!" he stuttered and left running like his as$ on fire with Mr. Chun following behind.

 

"Get damned, squiddy!" Seungri shouted after him.

 

 

***

 

The next day, Youngbae has been whistling and doing some dance steps while walking in the corridor towards their classroom. He had good sleep and wakes up in a good mood. Something may good to happen that day for him.

 

"Good morning!" he greeted everyone he passes by upon entering the classroom and taking his seat. Some gave him a high-five and fist bump on his way.

 

"You’re in a good mood?" Sandara greeted while she’s fixing her stuff in her desk.

 

He shrugs and gives her the smile that had every ladies swoon.

 

"Oh! Look at him smiling like that to Sandara. Are you trying to charm her over from Jiyong? Tsk. He’ll clobber you once he knew it," Bom chirps while chuckling.

 

Just the exact timing, Jiyong just entered the room lazily. His polo is open all the way showing his white shirt which has a London flag design in front. While his top coat hangs on his left shoulder in mess along with his backpack. Their uniform has a red neck tie on but he never uses it. Not even once. And he don't wear leather black shoes but instead it always a worn-out sneakers or rubber shoes. Not to mention his hair which he always changed in different style and color. Like today, he had it in white messy cut. But in all fairness, it really works out on him. His badass image just stands-out even more with his swag.

 

"Yo!" Youngbae greeted the leader. Jiyong just nods in return as he took his seat.

 

"Hey, we’re going to review together for the midterms, okay? I don’t want spent my break here. I have plans on the sem break," Sandara informed them.

 

"Group study? Sounds cool!" Youngbae said.

 

"Yeah. I think some of our classmates will do the same," Bom butts in.

 

Sandara nodded thoughtfully then turns to Jiyong. "You heard that? So you should cooperate, hmm?" then she playfully taps his cheeks.

 

"Whatever," Jiyong grunted slapping her hand lightly.

 

Sandara chuckles and pinches his cheeks before turning to them.

 

There is a visible smile on Youngbae and Bom while watching them.

 

"You know what? You are the only one who has the guts to do that to Jiyong. You're acting differently," he commented.

 

"I agree!" Bom squeaks and whispers. "They are more of lovers instead."

 

Youngbae nodded in agreement and shared a high-five with the. Sandara didn’t answer though which earned a laugh from the two.

 

"Whatever."

 

"Hello people!" Daesung greeted exaggeratedly with Top beside him.

 

"Hi Top!" Bom said as she fixed his chair.

 

"Thanks!" Top smiled.

 

"`Sup?" Daesung asked. "The maknae is late?"

 

Youngbae shrugs. "Maybe. He hasn’t arrived yet."

 

"That's a first then. Even Kwon Leadah is here already."

 

"I heard you," Jiyong said emotionless.

 

Daesung turns to him with a smile and a peace sign.

 

"Anyway, have you informed about the groups study session? You know for the midterms?" Youngbae said.

 

Daesung nodded along with Top. "Yes. Sandara noona had texted me about it already. She has somewhere to go this vacation so she has to pass the exams."

 

"You're texting each other?" They heard Jiyong asked suddenly. When they turn to him, he was frowning.

 

"Yeah!" Daesung grins.

 

Jiyong glared at Sandara who is busy memorizing the formula in their physics subject.

 

"Anyway, Sandara has a point. God! Who would want to spend their break with squiddy's face?"

 

"Right!" and they chuckle together.

 

Their laughter is interrupted when a breathless Seungri entered the classroom. He quickly shut the sliding door and as if it wasn’t enough, he even used the chairs to block it.

 

"What the heck? What happened to you?" Top asked with a frown when Seungri approached them.

 

He shakes his head first and gasped for air before turning to them.

 

"Hyung!" Seungri exclaimed in full panic and looked at Youngbae in terror.

 

They frowned.

 

"Why?" Youngbae asked, his brows were furrowing together.

 

"I’m sorry, hyung. But she's back!" Seungri answered vaguely.

 

"Who?"

 

"My... My..." the makane stammered nervously.

 

He wasn’t able to continue when the door slides open even with the chairs blocking the way. Then a girl entered the room glaring at Seungri but when she turns to Youngbae, her face brightens up like a sunshine.

 

"FCK!" Youngbae cursed loudly seeing the familiar girl again.

 

"That's what I'm about to say," Seungri mumbles anxiously.

 

"OPPA! I'm back!" The girl cheers and launches herself at Youngbae.

 

"Ji Eun," Youngbae hissed and glared at Seungri.

 

 

***

 

"What the hell Seungri?! Why didn’t you tell me that your sister is back?" Youngbae was completely annoyed while confronting Seungri for not informing him about the piece of information about Ji Eun’s come back.

 

Seungri and Ji Eun are siblings. The former is only a year older than the latter. There's no problem really. However, Ji Eun has a massive infatuation to Youngbae!

 

"Hyung! I swear I have no idea that she was returning. I thought that she will stay in mom’s for good in Italy. I was shocked seeing her in my pad earlier morning when I wake up. Dad didn't even inform me. Wait! I think my old man didn't know either! I’m sure Ji Eun sneaked out to come here!" Seungri explained to him.

 

"I don't give a $hit about that, Seungri. Just please! Please! Don’t let her come near me. I'm sorry to say this but your sister is annoying and so handful. She is so clingy. I don't like it," he pleaded to him. Even he thought about it, he can already feel goose bumps crawling up his skin.

 

Ji Eun isn't really bad. When he met her, they were okay. He even treated her as a little sister because Seungri is his friend and brother. Not until she started to act like a possessive girlfriend to him. He thought it was nothing not until he realized that she was really harboring a serious crush on him.

 

"I’ll try hyung. You know how that brat is. If she wanted something, she’ll do anything to get it. I’m really sorry, hyung. She's troubling you again," Seungri apologized.

 

He can only breathe out a frustrated sigh.

 

"Do I have a choice? She’s here already."

 

"Don’t really like my sister, hyung?" Youngbae looked Seungri as if he's gone mad. "Hypothetical question only! No malice in there," he added defensively.

 

"You know I already have someone I like, Seungri. It’s not Ji Eun. I only see her as a little sister. No more. No less," he answered sincerely.

 

"You’re still waiting for Ailee noona?" There is an obvious awe in Seungri’s tone. "OMG, hyung! Your love for her is already an antique! You’re incredible! But what if she comes back and she already has a boyfriend? What will you do?"

 

"I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it so I don’t know the answer. I'll get there when that happens. For now, I'll wait for her patiently," he answered.

 

"Good luck to your love that was old as a grandfather's clock. Just don’t twaddle if you get heartbroken in the end. I should nominate you in World Guinness of Records. I’m sure you’ll win. You’ve been hiding your feelings for noona a very long time. It’s a record breaking! Or in Nobel Prize for being devoted to a single woman who doesn't know you love her and keep on waiting for her. I don’t know what I will call you? Great lover boy or the greatest idiot," Seungri shook his head.

 

Youngbae clipped his mouth and glared at him.

 

"You’re full of talk. Just do what I say. Ji Eun is your sister, Seungri. As much as I can, I don’t want to hurt her. So as her brother, do something. I can't promise you that I won't hurt her. Because I’m telling you now, she’ll going to be hurt although emotionally."

 

"I know what you mean, hyung. And I appreciate you for considering me and Ji Eun’s feelings. Now I know why she’s so smitten to you," Seungri smiled genuinely.

 

"I know. I’m really good-looking," he boasted.

 

"I agree, oppa! Handsome oppa. It makes me want to kiss you! *chup*" then he puckered his lips at him playfully.

 

Youngbae cringed and pushed him away by his forehead.

 

"Gross!" he remarks lastly and walks ahead.

 

 

***

 

Sandara cannot help but smile seeing how irritated Youngbae look while Ji Eun is offering him the food in the bento she prepared for him. She was introduced to her earlier. Aside from Youngbae’s suitor, she is also Seungri’s little sister. It looks like Youngbae doesn’t need a muse anymore. Ji Eun is there already to serve him.

 

A soft giggles escape from her when Ji Eun tried to wipe some crumbles on the corner of Youngbae's lips. But the guy moved his head away and used the back of his hand wiping it himself.

 

"Stop giggling. Eat your food," she heard Jiyong said and moved her own pack lunch that consists of egg rolls, gimbap, stripped carrots and cucumber, kimchi and her favorite grilled pork belly with lettuce.

 

She turns to him, still smiling. She clings to his arm. Unlike previously, Jiyong is not pushing her away. He must have had enough from reprimanding her every time.

 

"Eh, they’re so cute. Look at Youngbae's face! It's hilarious!”

 

"Hmm," he dismissed and busied himself with the food while she continued to spazz them. "Here," Jiyong hovers a lettuce wrap in with his own hands. She unconsciously opens , head leaning on his shoulder and enjoyed the torment look on Youngbae's face. He feed her then wiped away the sauce on her lips. "You eat like a kid. So messy."

 

"Whatever!" she rolls her eyes at him.

 

Jiyong just shakes his head and continues feeding her and eating as well at the same time.

 

"Have you heard the news?" she suddenly asked Jiyong when she remembered something.

 

"What news?" he asked back with disinterest as he continues to make her another lettuce wrap.

 

"We’re going to have a substitute teacher on Mr. Chun’s behalf as our adviser," she said while making a lettuce wrap for him.

 

"Oh," Jiyong just shrugs and feed her the lettuce wrap he was done making.

 

"They said that the substitute teacher came from abroad. And it's a female teacher. Oh no, you’ll going to have a feast," she said. She pinched him lightly on his arm and feed him too which he takes in grimacing on what she said.

 

"I'm not interested on who's that teacher, Sandara," Jiyong said so bluntly while rolling his eyes.

 

"Ah, of course! How can I forget? Who are you interested with in the first place? You’re not interested at anything," she .

 

Jiyong gazed at her lazily while holding another lettuce wrap for her.

 

"You," he said. She was about to reply when he shoved the food to preventing her to speak no more. "...should stop talking and just finish your food. You are really noisy, Park," he added and smirked when she widens her eyes at him.

 

The jerk! She thought he really meant 'you' referring to her! Argh! She almost made herself humiliated.

 

"Jerk *munch* Kwon *munch*" she mumbled in between munching.

 

"Just eat, Park. Stop mumbling my name," he teased though his face is emotionless; his eyes had a mischievous glint on them.

 

Her eyes rounded at him as she suppresses her annoyance. She just focused on eating while shoving everything in in a very disgraceful manner. She gazed at Jiyong who had an amused look on his face.

 

"You eat like a rabbit," he remarks emotionless face with amused tone.

 

"Hmp!" she scowls at him and look away with puff cheeks full of the food she just shoved in .

 

She was surprised upon feeling a wet and cold sensation in her cheeks. It turns out it was a soda can which Jiyong offered to her.

 

"Drinks," he simply said.

 

She snatched the soda harshly and wiped her cheek with the back of her hand. Her glare did not leave him though. While trying to open the can which she is having a hard time with.

 

Jiyong sighs and snatches back the soda. He opened the soda himself.

 

"Here. Drink up!"

 

"Jerk!" she hissed at him after drinking.

 

"Thank you," he mocks sarcastically.

 

"Argh!"

 

"Oh God! I swear I'm outta here! You're making me cringe!" Daesung suddenly exclaims startling them.

 

Some of Peace Minus One agreed groaning their complaints.

 

"We are attacked by the ants here! I thought we’ll only deal with Youngbae hyung. You didn’t warn us about Jiyong hyung and Sandara noona," Daesung groans which earned glares from the two and chuckles from the others.

 

"Don't be a buzz kill, Daesung hyung! Jiyong hyung and Sandara noona look really cute," Seungri remarks.

 

"Yah! Oppa and I are also cute!" Ji Eun protested.

 

Seungri rolls his eyes at her. "Oh please! Is that cute when Youngbae hyung looks like about to hang with your miraculous dish that you were feeding him? If it’s called a dish."

 

"Yah! Yah! I cooked them with love! It’s delicious!" Ji Eun defended.

 

The attention turns to the siblings when they start fighting.

 

"Eww! I rather say its poison! Youngbae hyung, don’t eat it! You might die. Ji Eun doesn’t know how to cook."

 

"Gah! I hate you! It’s slander!"

 

"Who do think will win?" Sandara whispered to Jiyong.

 

Jiyong shrugs and drinks up from her soda.

 

"Yah! That’s mine!" she exclaimed.

 

"This is mine. I just let you drink. Besides, I’m just taking my claim."

 

"Claim?"

 

Jiyong looked at her with a wicked smirked playing at his lips.

 

"Indirect kiss," he mouthed.

 

She widens her eyes remembering that particular scene at the rooftop.

 

"We're quits!"

 

 

+

(^_^ )/