Private Chambers

Royal Matters.

A/N: Hi!!! I'm sorry that I was gone for so long, I got a bit of writer's block, and so that kept me from writing anything I felt was worth posting. This chapter is kind of a cocktease, but I do hope you enjoy. I'll be updating soon.~



Through various sweet nothings, and bouts of sobbing Jisoo did his absolute best to maintain his spot on Wonwoo's lap, but it was an idea that was foiled when the servant laid them both down. Still in their clothes from the day, there was no way he'd let them sleep like this, but still, the prince appreciated being able to have his moment to break down without being policed about wearing clothes in bed, or crying on the expensive duvet. Jisoo was sprawled out atop Wonwoo, legs intertwined, and his fingers had tucked themselves neatly into the mess of inky locks that were beneath them.

 

"Sir?" Wonwoo interrupted the still silence in the room, and with a title that Jisoo was far too used to. The prince pushed himself up onto his elbows, staring down at the servant with a perturbed expression on his face, one that would properly convey the distaste in his title. He didn't reply, but nodded for Wonwoo to go on. "We should probably change. It's getting late, and it'll be more comfortable if we aren't in our day's clothing to sleep." The sheepish seer scratched his cheek with a skinny digit, and Jisoo crawled off the edge of the bed, stumbling into his extravagant closet.

 

"What kind of clothes do you want? A shirt and pants, or?" They'd never talked much about sleeping, but Wonwoo was more than acquainted with the fact that the prince slept in the first pair of pajama pants he came across and didn't waste the time to try to find a shirt most nights. Jisoo chewed at the inside of his cheek, wondering if it would be rude to just sleep like he always did, especially if Wonwoo wore a shirt. Would it be weird? Would it be awkward sleeping in bed next to someone else? His mind raced with the lists of possibilities of what could happen tonight in the way of slumber, and almost jumped out of his skin when he heard Wonwoo's voice calling to him.

 

"Just pants is fine." It wasn't the answer that Jisoo had been expecting at all, but he sifted through his pants drawer, looking for a pair of pants that would be long enough to be comfortable on the lanky boy on his bed. The listless thoughts had revved up again as his hands muddled through piles of clothes to pull out the only pair of pajama pants he had that were too long for him. His poor brain wasn't helped at all by the fact that all of his pajamas consisted of satin and silk, but the heat rushing to his cheeks was enough to make him bite down on the tip of his tongue. This wasn't the time or place for these kinds of thoughts, he'd told Wonwoo that this wouldn't be some sort of erse meeting, and it shouldn't be! They'd barely kissed yet!

 

But the mere knowledge that he shouldn't be thinking like this, definitely didn't do anything to stop it. He huffed out a frustrated breath, and stripped down in the closet, looking around for a fresh pair of pants that wouldn't be too keen on revealing the slight issue he'd developed since walking into the closet. Jisoo tried to flush his brain with every uny thought he could muster, grabbing the first black pants he saw and yanking them on. He paused a moment to take a peek at himself in the mirror that was tucked into the corner of the roomy wardrobe, rubbing a hand against his cheek in some hopeless attempt to wash away the flush that'd set in. He tried to physically shake the thoughts in a last ditch attempt to take up the last bit of excusable time he had in the closet before he emerged, shakily handing a sleek pair of red pants to Wonwoo before he seated himself at the head of his plush mattress.

 

"Are you okay? Your face is pink." The taller sat up, and gave a concerned glance at the prince as he tried to figure out where to change.

 

"I'm fine. You can either change out here, or in the wardrobe, whatever you're more comfortable with." It was odd to think about, but in the years Wonwoo had worked for the kingdom, Jisoo had never seen him in anything less than a pair of slacks, a dress shirt with maybe two cuffs to the sleeves, and a vest. Maybe that was what had him so flustered here, the anticipation of something new. But even still, it was embarrassing to think that he'd been so easily at the mere thought of seeing some new side of Wonwoo, especially such an intimate side.

 

Wonwoo opted to change in the room, which did no favors for the poor prince. Jisoo pressed the bottoms of his feet together, and kept his eyes trained on the vanity where the pair spent most mornings, using it as an anchor to keep his eyes from wandering where they really, really shouldn't. At least, not in the sake of his own self sanity. It was almost painstaking, trying to ignore the moving form in his peripherals, but Jisoo wouldn't be able to stand himself if he ended up somehow scaring Wonwoo off by being creepy, and lustful. If there was a way to get a bucket of ice sent up to his room in the name of getting himself to just calm down. But the ache brewing in Jisoo already felt juvenile enough, it wouldn't serve any purpose to pull anyone else into the train wreck of emotions he was feeling right now.

 

With his clothes properly folded, and tucked in the windowsill, Wonwoo sat back down on the bed, looking at the vanity for a moment before he looked at Jisoo, his head cocked with onyx locks covering one of his eyes as he stared at the prince. "There must be something really interesting over there." He joked, his deep voice echoed softly through the room as he sat back against the sturdy headboard of the bed. Jisoo chuckled quietly, and nodded, even if there wasn't anything in specific he was looking at, it made more sense than trying to look at Wonwoo and turn whatever shade of red his skin decided would be fit for his shy embarrassment.

 

"I guess you could say that." The words caught in his throat, and felt almost awkward as they flew into the world, and the prince couldn't help but make a disappointed face as just how thoroughly unsettled he was tonight. A smooth palm reached over, beckoning his gaze to Wonwoo's face. The servant's lips were fixated into a small pout, and his brows hung low to compliment the look of concern he was giving.

 

"Are you sure that you're okay?" The words were pressing enough to make Jisoo want to admit the foolish nervousness he felt in the mere act of sharing a bed, and seeing any bit of Wonwoo's skin below the neck. It was dumb, such a simple thing shouldn't have the prince wracking his brain to try to find less shameful things to think about.

 

"I'm fine." It was a lie, but at this point trying to explain the whirlwind of things going on in his head would probably end up making the night awkward, that is if it didn't chase Wonwoo out entirely.

 

"If you say so." The quip felt like a sharp knife to the heart, Wonwoo knew something was wrong, but he could also tell that Jisoo wasn't willing to talk about the issue, so he just slumped against the headboard, and laid down, the prince followed suit, and folded his hands over his face, huffing out a quiet sigh. He could tell Wonwoo was annoyed with the fact that he didn’t want to talk right now, but it wasn’t like fighting for an answer would be very helpful either.

 

"I'm sorry." Although Jisoo didn't feel like he had to apologize, he figured that he owed it to Wonwoo with just how oddly he was behaving right now. "I guess that I'm just--" He filled the empty space between words with a hesitant inhale, sliding down so he was laying on his side, head propped into his hand as he faced his seer. "I guess I'm nervous." His cheeks flushed a bright pink, and he was met with an amused grin.

 

"What are you nervous for, dear?" As cute as it was to see the prince so easily flustered, Wonwoo couldn't quite pick apart what would have the poor thing this wound up. His fingers slid across the velvety duvet, crawling across Jisoo's stomach to rest at his ribs, thumbing carefully over the soft curves in the prince's side.

 

"I- I don't know, this is just new. I know I asked you to sleep in here with me, but it's just so odd. I've never seen you in anything less than your uniform, and we've never been this close- It- It's not something that I'm used to." Jisoo's labored response was met with a soft chuckle, and gentle pair of lips pressed to his cheek. With the budding bit of silence the prince's heartbeat could be heard between the two of them, and Wonwoo pulled Jisoo into a tight hug, letting one hand busy itself through the prince's hair, a vague comfort of sorts but it did help to calm the erratic thumping of his heart. "Look," Wonwoo mumbled into his hair, nails gently gliding against the prince's scalp.

 

"You have nothing to be nervous about. It's normal to feel… tense, in situations like this, but this doesn't have to be like that. Unless, you want it to." Wonwoo withdrew from the hug, and propped himself up on his elbow, looking down at the prince with loving eyes, tracing circles over Jisoo's slender shoulder. The notion was enough to make the elder's cheeks turn pink, but it was a nice thought, to be able to do something that he wanted to do, both as a male, and as Wonwoo's partner. Something he'd never have the freedom or liberty to assert himself to admit to wanting until he was officially married, if the kingdom could prevent it.

 

"Have you ever been with someone before?" By now it was painfully obvious that Wonwoo was the first person that the prince had even had interest in, but Wonwoo didn't talk much about his life before working for the king, no previous relationships, nothing that personal, mostly things about his family.

 

"Once." The onyx haired beauty pursed his lips, and ran his tongue across them, brows knit together at the notion of the past.

 

Jisoo nodded, and rolled onto his back, looking up at the ceiling, giving a quiet sigh in response. "Now I feel even slower." He laughed quietly, not in any way caring that Wonwoo had been someone else's, just feeling so juvenile and inexperienced that it was almost embarrassing.

 

"It's not a race. It's just a matter of who you care about." Wonwoo shrugged, and leaned forward, resting his head on Jisoo's chest. " isn't some end-all, be-all. Sure, it's nice, but I've had more fun and been happier with you than I was in the relationship where I lost my ity."

 

"Well," Jisoo felt shyer than a prince should, less confident without layers of clothing and elegant posture to save his neck. He laced his fingers together, and chewed at his the inside of his cheek for a moment. "I want to be yours." The proposition made Wonwoo turn a slight shade of pink, having to bat his eyes a couple times to make sure that he was certain that this was a reality.

 

"And you're sure of that?" Wonwoo's voice was hushed, and the depth in his words vibrated against Jisoo's chest. The servant pulled himself up, and sat up, expression still somewhat bewildered about the turn that the conversation had taken. Not that he was opposed to the thought, but it was just odd, hearing Jisoo say what he wanted outright, and like this.

 

"I'm absolutely sure."