We Both Felt Nothing.

Royal Matters.

Jisoo's skin was warmed by the sun shining through his curtains, barely able to will himself awake long enough to pull a pillow over his head, and fighting to keep his eyes closed against the bright rays washing through his room.

A light knock on his door shook some of the sleep out of his bones, causing the boy sit up in bed. "Come in." He groaned, rubbing his eyes, trying to knock some consciousness into himself. A dark haired boy in a white button-up stepped into the room, shutting the door behind him. "Good morning, Master Jisoo." The boy bowed curtly, to which Jisoo waved his hand.

"Come on, Wonwoo, you've been my seer for years now." He chuckled, pressing down some cowlicks he'd acquired in his sleep.

"You're still older than me, and also in a much different class than myself, sir. We have this conversation at least weekly, and every week I tell you that I won't stop." Wonwoo's tone was as serious, but his expression was kinked into a smile, as he pulled Jisoo out of bed as the sleepy prince clung to his blanket still.

"What color are you wanting to wear today, sir?" Ah yes, how could he have forgotten, Wonwoo had a heart of stone, and that's exactly why he watched over Jisoo for so many years, he was the only servant of the estate who hadn't ended up swooning over Jisoo, so their conversations were never more than just business. It was actually a bit depressing when all his caretaker's besides Wonwoo were removed from his home, but it was better this way, since Wonwoo obviously didn't have feelings at all.

"Sir?" Wonwoo snapped his fingers, pulling Jisoo out of his tiny trance of thought.

"I don't care today, pick your favorite outfit." Jisoo shed his blanket, and stretched his arms, letting loose a loud yawn. Skulking to the huge window that flooded his room with light each morning. Wonwoo only nodded, and walked into the bedroom of a room that Jisoo called a closet, sifting through what seemed to be a lifetime of clothes before he found the boy a black button up shirt, and black pants to be complimented by a white vest.

He walked back into Jisoo's bedroom, grabbing the boy's arm and dragging him to the vanity where they had their daily arguments about how Jisoo's hair would look and whether or not he looked presentable or not. The vanity had a large, ornate mirror, that showed off all of Jisoo's room as he sat down in the chair.

Wonwoo started sifting through the knots in Jisoo's hair, he tugged at one tangle and ushered a yelp from Jisoo's mouth.

"Dammit!" He cried, holding onto the hair Wonwoo had jerked.

"If it's that hard to get out, just use some water to make it easier." Jisoo laughed, regaining his usual content composure.

"I'm sorry sir, I'll try to be more gentle from now on. How do you want your hair styled today?" Wonwoo's words were soft as he patted through Jisoo's hair one last time to ensure as best he could that all the tangles had been dealt with.

"I want to look like a model." He laughed, hoping maybe some jokes would make their morning routine less awkward.

"You can look like a model, so long as you're presentable to your father, please do remember we have a big meeting today." Wonwoo started teasing a brush through Jisoo's hair, grabbing a bottle of hairspray to tamp wild hairs down.

"Ah, yes…" Jisoo sighed, looking at himself in the vanity mirror. "How could I forget that I have to talk to my father today about the fate of our kingdom?" He gave a weak laugh, not even bothering to form his mouth into a smile for the dejected sound

"Part of being and becoming the king is being a part of things you might not want to do, sir." Wonwoo patted Jisoo's shoulder as he finished styling his hair.

"Although it may not be what you want to do now, you were born into this world for greatness." Jisoo could never remember a single time he'd seen Wonwoo smile before, but he had now, and it was.. Odd, to say the least. His face seemed so much nicer when he smiled, especially after such oddly kind words.

Jisoo turned a bit and pressed his hand to the raven-haired servant's head.

"Are you feeling ill? Feverish?" His forehead wasn't hot, but there was something off.

"No sir, I feel absolutely fine, why?" Wonwoo cocked his head to the side, eyebrows crinkled at the young lord's actions.

"You're never nice to me, and you never smile… So I apologize if I seemed rude in asking, but you seem different today." Jisoo ran a hand through his orange hair, dragging himself out of the chair to be dressed.

Wonwoo had kept his head cocked at a 45 degree angle as he looked at Jisoo.

"You think… that I'm not nice to you?" He sounded a little more than hurt, with the obvious confusion over the statement.

"You're not mean--" Jisoo paused to give a loud sigh, knowing that he had said the entirely wrong thing. "You really aren't mean, it's just that normally you're neutral. You just sort of exist, you're not mean, or nice."

Wonwoo pursed his lips, and nodded, motioning for Jisoo to hold his arms up. Obliging, Wonwoo pulled the prince's shirt over him, and began buttoning it with haste.

Usually Jisoo and Wonwoo would have some short banter as he was dressed in the mornings, but this morning Wonwoo was even more quiet than usual, and much less gentle when it came to doing all the buttons and fasteners attached to Jisoo's suit.

"Ow!" The prince yelped as Wonwoo tugged on the button of his pants, catching some of his skin in the button.

"Sorry." readjusting Jisoo's pants, he buttoned them up correctly before standing up to look over the outfit he'd picked out.

"You look nice, sir."

"All thanks to you." Jisoo laughed quietly before he was interrupted by a loud rumble of his stomach.

"Let's go down stairs and get you some breakfast, sir." Wonwoo started to the door, holding it open for Jisoo.

"Can we have cake for breakfast, Wonwoo?" Jisoo asked as he stepped out of his room, into the main hall of his house.

"I'm afraid not, sir." Wonwoo's usual cold nature was back as he began walking towards the kitchen.

 The main hall was the most ornate part of his small castle, decorative tapestries leading to every wing of the house, statues, and even designs etched  into the baseboards.

They began down marble stairs to the kitchen, Jisoo looked around his marvelous abode before following Wonwoo into the dining hall.

"Your father said that your meeting was going to be about finding you someone to marry and have an heir to the kingdom with…" Wonwoo's voice was nearly a mumble as he darted into the kitchen, opening the doors to the fridge to scrounge around for whatever ingredients he would be able to make a meal of.

Jisoo groaned loudly at Wonwoo's statement, knowing all too well that that was all his father wanted.

"But of course, because what's it matter what I want?" His words were sharp, and he knew he would be slapped for saying something like that in front of his father.

"This is about the kingdom, sir. Please don't think that your father is trying to terrorize you."

"Trying to set me up with odd women is definitely terrorizing me." Thankfully, Jisoo knew Wonwoo wouldn't relay his irritated sass to his father.

"Why do you have such harsh feelings about arranged marriage?" The stoic servant pulled out things from the fridge, setting them on a counter next to the fridge.

"Marriage is sacred… you need to marry someone you love. If your heart isn't in it, isn't it better to just be alone?" Jisoo sighed, sitting down at the dining table, laying his head over his arms.

"I don't think you're thinking diplomatically. Having an heir ensures that you can teach them to lead just how you want."

"But I don't care." Jisoo's words caused Wonwoo to turn on his heels, eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the prince.

"You're just being too emotional. Love comes after the marriage."

Jisoo shook his head, digging his chin into his arms.

"I'm being rational. I never leave this house except for business affairs and you're the only person allowed in this house. Do I really seem like the type that would be keen on an arranged marriage?" He rolled his eyes as Wonwoo began sifting through cabinets for some spices.

"I think that you're very capable of doing whatever is told to you. Why is this any different?" He closed the cabinet, looking over at the melancholy prince.

"This is why." Jisoo stood up, grabbing the collar of Wonwoo's shirt, and pulling him into a kiss. Wonwoo's eyes were wide, an odd feeling mustering in his stomach. He pulled away from the kiss to look at Jisoo. Wonwoo's cheeks were dusted with just the slightest tinge of pink.

He cleared his throat before attempting to speak, "Sir, what was the point of that?"

"We both felt nothing. And that is why I refuse to be part of an arranged marriage."