HanSoo

15 Days to New Year

HanSoo

Hybrid AU

Prompt: After the government passes a law that makes keeping hybrids illegal, two hybrids leave the pet shelter to start their life and live independently in the human world. (cr. mish)

 

A/N: ahhh I secretly love hansoo ever since I read a soulmate fanfic based on them. I’m glad mish gave me an opportunity to write one.

I have two prompts left that was submitted, and will be posted soon. I need 3 more prompts if anyone have one, and I prefer to write for an OTP I haven't yet Please note that I can't write prompts (sorry thaakirah) and that I don't consider all OTP as romantic (baekyeol, xiuchen, suchen, etc). I don't mind writing them in a bromance sense though. 

Prompt Form

------------------------

 

Life in the Kim’s Hybrid Shelter, KHS, isn’t exactly paradise if Kyungsoo thinks about it. Sure, there are free meals, and the occasional hybrid he’d scare, but he doesn’t mind leaving the center. After all, a hybrid’s purpose is to get adopted, and so many of his friends have done that. He’s been here for years, almost 5 if he tries to remember when he came. The only other hybrid who has been here that long is Luhan, but he’s an anomaly. Most humans like hybrids that have Luhan’s personality: outgoing, fun and lots of energy. In fact, the shelter’s owner, Jongdae, used to bet that Luhan will get adopted by the first week, but now, they’ve moved on. Luhan seems to scare all of his prospective buyers, even Minseok who seemed promising until he chose another hybrid. Therefore, they’re both unlucky in their own ways, Luhan for being too weird, and Kyungsoo for not being weird enough.

 

Kyungsoo is the only one who doesn’t seem to mind his lack of personality. He has accepted that Jongdae will be his temporary owner, despite the fact that humans are not allowed to own more than one hybrid. It’s a rule to prevent any jealousy, since a lot of hybrids in the past tend to fight over dominance. In fact, there are too many issues with hybrids becoming a human’s companion, so the government decides to ban future ownership. Besides the happy hybrids who are willing to stay with their owners, the rest are allowed to live independently, and more businesses are willng to accept hybrids as employees now.

 

When Kyungsoo hears the news, he was upset. His plan of forever staying with Jongdae is ruined, all because of some hybrids who are too much of a coward to kill their owners instead.

 

“I think that kind of mindset is exactly why the government decided to make hybrids more independent. I certainly don’t want to be your victim,” Jongdae notes.

 

Kyungsoo can only glare at Jongdae before turning his gaze towards Yixing.

 

“You now who’s a great owner for you? Sehun,” he tells the sheep hybrid. “He’s quiet, but as snarky as Jongdae, and he won’t touch your curly hair, asking if it’ll grow back like wool,” the mouse lemur hybrid deadpans.

 

“Hey! It was a valid question,” Jongdae defends himself before pulling the small hybrid sheep into his arms. “You can’t throw Yixing to Sehun, he’s my fluffy pillow.”

 

Kyungsoo groans loudly in despair before hiding his face in the crooks of his arms. He hates that he has to live alone now. As much as he dislikes being owned or that he prefers to keep everyone out of his personal space, he still likes having people around him. It’s comforting at times to know that he’s not completely alone.

 

“If you’re that worried about living alone, I know someone who needs a roommate too,” Yixing helpfully comments.

 

Kyungsoo knew there was a reason he placed Yixing in his top five friends.

 

“Oh! Am I number one?” Jongdae asks excitedly.

 

“You were number three, and now you’re bumped down to number five,” he replies cruelly.

 

Jongdae pouts at that while Yixing is just happy to be on someone’s list.

 

Kyungsoo later finds out that Yixing’s suggestion is Luhan, the annoying cat hybrid who can’t shut the hell up.

 

“I could shut up actually, if you gave me the right bribe,” the cat hybrid smirks.

 

“Don’t make me shove this bottle down your throat,” the mouse lemur hybrid growls.

 

“,” Luhan grins. “However, I prefer something a little more tastier.”

 

His eyes travel down to Kyungsoo’s pants, and the mouse lemur doesn’t know why he blushes from that stare. He thinks he must be losing his mind already from the insanity named Luhan.

 

Despite his initial objections, Kyungsoo relents to being roommates, only because Luhan is already familiar to Kyungsoo’s eccentric habits, and the younger doesn’t need to explain why he refuses to wear bright colors.

 

Their first few weeks are expectedly hard as they both get used to each other’s flaws. From Luhan’s habit to ruining the couch with his claws to Kyungsoo’s unnecessary habit of using all of the hot water. Luckily, Luhan only showers when someone nags him, and that person is conveniently Yixing.

 

As the weeks turn into months, Kyungsoo manages to find a job in H&M, ironically. He mostly helps stock the clothes and handles the cashier, but in rare moments, he’s forced to give an opinion on someone’s style. It’s not his fault that the customers end up looking more goth than pretty. Luhan seems to find the situation funny since he likes to taunt Kyungsoo that the younger will soon cause a trend amongst the industry.

 

Meanwhile, Luhan finds himself working as a sales clerk in a popular swimsuit store. It seems the girls love him too much as some purposely flirt while wearing the store’s bikini. Kyungsoo doesn’t know what’s more disgusting, Luhan flirting back at them or the girls being shameless.

 

They also build themselves a routine, where Kyungsoo will cook, and Luhan will do laundry and dishes. The younger would have made Luhan do groceries too, but he realizes that Luhan is completely hopeless with anything that involves thinking.

 

If Kyungsoo was dared to say it, he’d admit that living with Luhan isn’t so bad. The elder remembers to add milk or eggs to the shopping list when they’re empty, and he doesn’t ridicule Kyungsoo’s favorite shows, unlike a certain beagle hybrid. Then, there are days when Luhan would drop an unhealthy amount of oreo cookies into the basket, and Kyungsoo can only glare at the cat hybrid.

 

“What?” Luhan asks in an upset tone.”I drink a lot of milk and sometimes I need an oreo to go with it.”

 

“You’re such an idiot,” the younger mutters before wheeling the cart away.

 

By the third month, they decide to invite fellow hybrids friends, their owners and some neighbours for a get together. Kyungsoo bans Luhan from the kitchen, throwing a yarn to the living room before commanding Here you go, kitty. If Luhan didn’t love yarn as much as oreos, he’d pretend to be offended by it.

 

By the time the guests arrived, the foods are amazing and Kyungsoo grins every time someone compliments him.

 

“And you said you couldn’t make it without me,” Jongdae teases.

 

“I was probably in heat, you know, irrational thoughts,” Kyungsoo reasons.

 

“Uhuh,” Jongdae pretends to agree.

 

“Oh, is Luhan going to be your heat partner?” Yixing asks excitedly.

 

“Yes,” Luhan replies despite not being asked.

 

Kyungsoo glares at the elder before throwing a ball across the room. He expects Luhan to catch it, but instead, Baekhyun and Chanyeol fight over the ball before Yifan pulls his dog hybrid away.

 

Bad puppy,” Yifan scolds Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol whimpers before burrowing his face into Yifan’s neck.

 

Baekhyun finds this funny as he laughs, feeling victorious as he holds on to the ball.

 

Kyungsoo sighs exasperatedly, wishing he had thrown a thread instead, maybe Luhan would have ran after it. Now, there’s a mess in that area that he’ll need to clean later.

 

“You still didn’t deny it,” Jongdae reminds him with a smirk.

 

“I’d rather mate with Baekhyun,” he deadpans.

 

Baekhyun takes the opportunity to wiggle his eyebrows before walking away.

 

“We’ll see,” Luhan says as if this was a challenge before he pulls Kyungsoo for a backhug. Surprisingly, the younger doesn’t mind, he likes the warmth.

 

Jongdae raises an eyebrow at their affections, but he thinks it’s sweet. Luhan finally manages to keep someone’s love.

 

A hybrid’s heat usually starts with possessiveness behaviour, then come the scenting, and finally the irrational need to keep their mates near them. They were all expecting Luhan to show the first sign. After all, the elder is known to yell out Mine whenever he sees something that must belong to him. They were shocked to see that Kyungsoo is the one who displays it instead.

 

It starts with the scenting, as Kyungsoo is caught rubbing his face into Luhan’s sweater.

 

“Um, what are you doing?” Yixing asks as he stares.

 

“Uh,” Kyungsoo replies, frozen in his track as he realizes what he was doing. “Just checking if it needed to be wash.”

 

“By rubbing your face into it?” Yixing asks amusedly.

 

“Just because you’re number two, doesn’t mean I won’t kick you off my list,” the younger threatens before walking away.

 

“I thought I was number one,” Yixing pouts as he runs after him.

 

Then came the possessive behaviour, especially when Kyungsoo catches other hybrids staring  at Luhan’s beauty. He makes sure to wrap his arms around Luhan’s waist before loudly exclaiming You’re so sweet, baby. It’s a pleasing feeling when the admirers disperse, but he’s too embarrassed to see Luhan’s expression. Luckily, Luhan doesn’t mock him as he pats his head before whispering My cute lemur.

 

When they get home, things return to normal. They bicker over what’s for dinner, and why Luhan isn’t allowed to the serving spoon. It’s only when bedtime arrives that Kyungsoo feels the emotion again, to be near Luhan’s warmth.

He spends fifteen minutes outside Luhan’s door, internally arguing with himself that he has became a weak hybrid now. He tries to move or to rationally object his emotions, but his heart keeps pulling him to enter the room. Then he hears it, Luhan approaching his door, and Kyungsoo doesn’t have enough time to walk away.

 

“Oh,” Luhan notes once he sees him. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo quickly denies. “I was just going to say that your room stinks so hurry up and clean it. It bothers me,” the younger says haughtily.

 

Luhan can only laugh at that admission, because they both know that Kyungsoo cleans everything, even Luhan’s room.

 

“Well, I doubt I can clean it as well as you can, so you might as well come in to make sure,” the elder teases.

 

Kyungsoo huffs before he finds his feet bringing him to the bed. There’s an undeniable urge to crawl into the messy bed and cuddle into Luhan’s scent.

 

“Or, we can clean it tomorrow, and we can just cuddle,” the elder says in amusement before jumping on his bed.

 

Regular Kyungsoo would scold Luhan for jumping, but heat induced Kyungsoo is staring at Luhan’s bellybutton, peeking from risen shirt.

 

“I don’t cuddle,” Kyungsoo finally replies as he crosses his arms. He tries to remain strong for the sake of his dignity.

 

“Alright then. I guess I’ll ask Sehun if he’s free tonight…”

 

His sentence is interrupted when Kyungsoo suddenly jumps into bed with him. He growls at the elder to shut up before pushing Luhan down to the bed. It’s a comforting feeling that bursts in his chest as he lays his head in Luhan’s chest, listening to the soft heartbeat.

 

They’re silent as they enjoy each other’s body heat, and Kyungsoo is already feeling sleepy from the sensation. It doesn’t take long for him to fall asleep and for Luhan to burrow his face into Kyungsoo’s fluffy hair.

 

Weeks later, Kyungsoo is back to his normal self, and he still denies that Luhan is his mate. The elder doesn’t mind, because Kyungsoo’s jealousy is undoubtedly cute whenever another hybrid gets too close to him. Plus, their cuddling sessions only seem to get better as Kyungsoo doesn’t bother making an excuse anymore, simply patting the bed as he glares. Luhan looks forward to it every time, if it means he can kiss that soft lips again.