VII

The Audition Exo Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a loud man standing a meter away from Arden outside of the building who was barking into his cell phone. She turned the volume higher on her phone so the music could block out the disturber. Arden continued to listen to music but was constantly interrupted by her agent striking a new conversation with her.

"I'll be right back, just going to the restroom." Stephanie announced. Arden nodded and she went off. Her thoughts stirred, reminiscing the events that happened today, it was bittersweet but in the end she was quite happy with the outcome of the audition.

Her train of thought was stopped when a feeling prickled that someone was talking to her. Arden pulled one earphone from her ear.

"Sorry, what was that?" she said looking to her left. Her heart suddenly jumped and she flinched in shock when she turned her head.

Kai looked at her and smiled politely. "Huh?" he said, indicating his confusion. Arden spoke in English, thinking he was Stephanie.

"Kai." Arden addressed, astounded. She bowed her head to him. "I thought you were my agent, sorry. Did you say something to me, though?" she talked in Korean. She wanted to ask why he was outside alone but didn't feel it was her place to ask.

"I did, I said that you did well on your audition."

Her eyebrows raised. "Thank you. Wow, I-I didn't expect to see you here," She didn't expect to see him or any of them at all but those words never left .

"We're waiting to be picked up to do some interviews," he explained simply. "Manager over there is really uptight with everyone today." he averted his eyes to a man pacing back and forth and bickering into his phone. Arden recognized the man instantaneously as the annoyingly loud businessman that was standing next to her. That entire time she was standing next to EXO's manager and she didn't have the faintest clue about it.

"Long day for all of us it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter