III

The Audition Exo Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arden stared, puzzled at the screen with a shaky breath.

"They invited you to audition for EXO's backup dancers!" Nap exclaimed.

"What are you talking about?" Josie questioned, walking over to them. Nap read the email aloud explaining the whole email to their friends.

"How did they even find me?!" Arden interjected.

"That's a stupid question, Arden. Anybody can find us if you have an internet connection," Nap retorted. But Arden felt microscopic in the world of Korean entertainment.

"They want you to go to Korea in two weeks?" Tommy inquired. Arden reread the 72 hours policy and looked at the date of the email.

"It was sent yesterday," she stated. "So I still have time to reply."

Everyone in the room continued to process the news, including Arden herself, as she began to pace around the studio.

"You guys think I should do it?" she queried.

"Well, do you want to?" Andrew asked her.

"Yes! It's EXO, one of my favourite Korean groups!"

"Of course you should do it. You'd be an idiot to pass this!" stressed Josie. Arden still looked at her other members for an opinion.

"I would," Nap considered.

Nick looked at her with a grin. "I know I just said I was sick of Kpop, but you should go for it," he ruffled her hair, the height difference between them so evident. She grinned back at his smiling blue eyes and reached up to ruffle his short sandy brown hair.

"I only have two weeks to create a routine. Would that even be enough time? I haven't even thought of what song to do yet..."

"It can happen," Josie guaranteed. "You are doing this, Arden, Stephanie is going to Korea with you, and you will nail this audition and see Chen and make him fall in love with you and marry you." Arden rolled her eyes at how reality for Josie faded off by the end of her prompt. She hadn't even thought past the audition stage where she would meet the members if she made it. She couldn't stop herself from imagining it.

"I may not even meet the members," she pointed out with dreamy eyes.

"So, are you doing it or not?" Tommy asked with impatience.

"You seem reluctant about this now, Ardy. Why?" Jodie questioned.

"I'm afraid... Tours, they go on for at least a year, and if I make it, I'll be away for a long time. What are we going to do? How are we still going to be a dance crew if I'm not here?"

"That's exactly what I was thinking," Tommy bluntly said.

"So you don't want Arden to audition?" Josie called him out.

"The group will suffer if Arden leaves." A tightness in Arden's stomach began to form after Tommy's response.

"Dude, how can you even say that at this time?" Ryan retorted.

"Yeah, you should be proud of her!" Nap defended.

"You guys don't realize that Arden is the leader and foundation of this group. Without her, we will fall apart!" Tommy put down.

The tightness in Arden was intensifying the more her friends argued.

"Tommy, a company has scouted her. She didn't even approach them first. Don't you realize how big of an opportunity this is for a dancer and you just want her to pass on it?!" Josie hollered. Further argument arose between

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter