V

The Audition Exo Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arden knew her Korean very well. There was a man waiting at the entrance with a sign that read "ARDEN RIVERA" in printed English letters. The man was her and Stephanie's chauffeur as promised by the company in the email. Arden walked over to him followed by Stephanie and bowed to the man. She greeted him in Korean and told him who she was.

"Pleased to meet you, Arden. My name is Heon, and I will take you anywhere you wish to go for as long as you are here," Heon was only an inch taller than Arden; Stephanie, who was a tall woman, stood awkwardly between the two.

"Heon, this is Stephanie, my agent. Mind that she doesn't speak Korean nor does she understand the language." Arden clarified for him. Stephanie gave Heon a smile.

"Aah, don't worry. They chose me to be your chauffeur because I am trilingual in Korean, English, and Japanese!" he announced in English.

"Oh, thank God!" Stephanie exhaled in relief.

"Let's get you two to the hotel. I'll take your bags." Arden gave him her luggage.

"Wow, it looks beautiful already," Stephanie exclaimed as they were sitting through the car ride. Heon told her about all the tourist attractions and essential places to visit in Seoul.

"Well, we've got the entire day to explore, Stephanie," Arden said.

"I'm here any time of the day for your commute." Heon beamed at them. Arden thanked him.

When they arrived at the hotel, men took their luggage and escorted them into the lobby where Arden checked her agent and herself in.

"Wow, this was better than I expected," Stephanie spoke, looking around the hotel room with interest.

"Is there a yoga room or a dance studio in the hotel?" Arden asked one of the employees (who carried her bag) in Korean. The man said that there was an open dance studio which Arden to hear.

Arden and Stephanie decided to rest for awhile until they went out to eat. Stephanie was tired from the effects of jet lag. Memories of Arden's last visit to South Korea came rushing back. She remembered communicating with her fans and having a great time with the rest of her group there. She told Stephanie all about it.

"They all love Ryan so much, probably because he is tall and has these big green eyes and dark hair."

While out on the street, a couple fans acknowledged Arden and asked for pictures. Throughout the day, Arden was fixated on going to the studio to practice her dance.

"You need to relax, Arden," Stephanie advised her.

"I can't. My mind is completely revolved around this audition," she said fixedly.

"You can't overwork yourself. As an agent, I've seen this happen many times where dancers just break down because they become too hyped and overly anxious. You don't want that to happen to you, trust me." Arden attentively took in what she said.

"God, especially in times like this, I wish I would've got myself prescribed medications," Arden slipped.

"Well, I'm going to make you relax," Stephanie declared hearing her fully. She made a compromise with Arden; they would go out to the city and do some sight-seeing, then go home and rest and Arden could be in the studio early the next day to practice.

That's exactly what they did; after breakfast the next day, Arden went into the dance studio and went over her choreography a couple of times.

Stephanie remained inside the hotel since she couldn't go out with Arden who was able to navigate them with her ability to communicate. Luckily, the hotel offered diverse activities and programs to keep her agent busy.

On the night prior to the day of the audition, Arden mentally prepared herself like she had for every competition. She made sure she had a good night's rest for the big day tomorrow.

________

"Arden, you know you have to eat well for your audition," Stephanie urged Arden as the two ate breakfast.

"I know, I know," she brushed off distractedly as she scattered her rice on her plate with her chopsticks. She hadn't stopped thinking about the audition since her arrival in Seoul; she even dreamt about it on the previous night. Nothing too particular happened except for the fact that Suho and Chanyeol were judges. Arden giggled quietly at the idea of those two judging dancing. It wasgood that they had different talents.

Oh man, if EXO or anyone in the band would be present during her audition, Arden would be bound to do something bad. She quickly brushed off this thought as it was ridiculously unlikely for them to be present.

Arden continued to force herself to eat despite the twisty nauseous feeli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter