3. Thoughts

it's you?

Seoul.

 

Kim Heechul household is calm like always. Mondays are never welcomed in Kim Mingyu days but yeah life goes on as it said. He went downstairs to find her parents and older sister with her brother in law already ready for breakfast. he's a bit late.

He takes a seat beside her brother in law, Kyungsoo hyung.

" Morning." He greets everyone as he pick a cheese toast in front of him, biting a bit of it. Great! coffee cup being served as he sits down earlier.

" Thanks ahjumma." Ahjumma Min is so good with cookings , he wish to stay here forever. 

" No sweat young master. Im always at your service. Enjoy your breakfast.' ahjumma Min already dissapear into the kitchen lot. Without him noticing, everyone actually looking at him.

" So, Mingyu, how's about yesterday deal?" His brother make him choke on his coffee. Urgh.

" Oppaaa, not now. I will talk to him about this later." He smiles at his sister, her brother in law patting his back.

" Im always at your side bro. Whatever ways you stand. Mom dad, we are leaving first." His sister and bro in law, gettting up, ready to go to work. Now leaving him alone with his parents. Silence fill the table.

 

" Give me a week dad. I will sort things out. I go first." He get up and goes to his mom, kiss her cheeks and wave goodbye to them.

 

" He's going to be fine dear." Kim heechul tells his wife. He trust his guts this time.

 

Busan

 

Sohye feels like not going anywhere today. What if she cuts classes?

"Unnie? It's almost eight. Better when wake up, you have to catch bus to uni soon." Doyeon enter her room for second and leaves.

" Im leaving first. BYEEEEEEE." Her younger sister screams.

She wakes up, slowly, making her bed. She surely have no strenght right now, to say anything.

 

When she heads to kitchen this monday morning, no one homes. Of course it almost 9 am. Mom and dad off to school. Doyeon has morning class in college. chungha unnie have morning session today. And she's left all alone. Messages clip onto the fridge make her heart warm and she smile.


" Himnasaeyo unnnni! you gotta hit the bull eyes!:) Doyeon cute.

" Sohye ah, dont be stress and focus okay. this is your last semester."- Chungha unnie.

" We always love you. Dont rush.- Mom and dad.

She smiles upon the last message. She knows it. She knows how great their love for her. They must be hell worried of her because she refuse to talk or eat since the brakfast scene. She feel bad now.

A message come into her phone make her smile more.

" Unnie has heard about the matchmaking thing. Hope to talk to u soon. I will be back soon."- Sejeong unnie.

Oooo.

Unnie is coming back. This is going to be big, because she never say no to her unnie. Her reasons are just.

 

Seoul

 

This is the second time he's coming to the cafe, but now alone. cream sauce always made him feels at peace. More than tomato sauce does. Wonwoo calls him crazy over that.

Quite early for lunch, but almost noon, so okay, he's the only customer in the cafe. The petite lady from before welcomes him.

He quickly orders. Carbonara and penguin juice.

His orders comes after 15 minutes. decent. 

" Miss?" He wants to ask something to the lady.

" Madam maybe? Haha im married tho." Mingyu laughs. Oh seriously?

" did u make this carbonara or u have chef or something like that?" The lady smiles as he calls for someone. Yeobo! 

The handsome man from before appear, and she introduce him as the chef aka her husband.

' Oh, i like this so much hyung. I wish i can make this too." The couple laughs at him.

" You're the same as my sister. she loves it too but no way she can't cook." The petite lady said as he husband join mingyu laughs.

" Enjoy your stay lad. Thanks for visiting again."

 

Surely, it will be great to eat this every day.

" Get a wife who can cooks, you will settled for life Mingyu." Wonwoo's word keep playing in his mind when he left the cafe. Is that really true? He remembers his heart do jealous when he see the couple of the cafe eat together, laugh like there's no worries at all.

 

yes or no yes no. His laptop screen turns black. That's how much he spends times wondering around on the marriage matters.

" Kimmmmmm Mingyu do you hear me?" A loud voice from outside of his office made him realize he's in office now.

" In." A man, named Chanwoo come in. Putting files in front of him.

" I swear i almost broke the door. What are u doing actually?" he smiles upon the remarks the senior giving him.

" Sorry hyung im just a bit distracted, yknow monday blues." Chanwoo eyeing him and smirk.

" Never know you can be distracted kid. Check those files, we have early meeting tomorrow. His senior left. he's still wondering what to answer to his parent. Sokay, he has one week left.

 

Do Kyungsoo just watched his little bro in law that walks pass him, unnoticed of him and his wife existence in the living room.

" He surely full of thoughts, he didnt even say hi." It pass seven, his bro usually comes home later or sooner. depends on his work load he guess.

" right yeobo. Let me talk to him later, and convince him." Do kyungsoo pats his wife hair.

' I believe in you pretty." She chuckles.

" Stop flirting guys,get a room." A voice from behind made both of them, sit up straight.

' Hi Mingyu."

he laughs and went upstairs instead. Aigoo, this young man surely need talks.

 

He don't believe in words like eternal happiness. How do even people achive days, years of couples getting divorced, how do he convinced himself to stay with the same person forever. it's hard to digest the theory itself.

 

A soft few knocks on his door make him jolt from bed and stand up and open the door to see his lovely sister in pyjama smiling.

" Come in noona, i know what are you trying to say." he walks slowly to small couch infront of the bed.

" Sit. Talk. I will just listen." He waits until his noona settle down and now, holding his right hand.

" Baby. Before anything else, you know that we always want the best for you." He nods. He knows.

" Noona thinks, this is the right for you to actually have your person." My person?

" What if we ends up divorcing ?" His tones slows down, still facing the floor.

' I know you're gentleman, you wont give up on people you love." Love?

" But i only love my family and Wonwoo." His noona laughs. Hard. His eyebrows end up squinted.

" are u gay?" His turns to laughs out loud.

" I would say so if i am. but no noona. Sadly." Her hands holding his hands more tighly.

" I want you to try knowing this girl. Im pretty sure mom and dads have reasons to choose her."

" I dont want to ruin a life." He's serious. His hands already up to his face covering almost his face.

" You wont. People experince love and heartbreaks.. It's normal dear."

" I can't promise anything." His noona bid him goodnight. Leaving him alone in his space. Can i do this?

 

Busan

' pretty sure mom choose a decent guy Sohye. Looks at your bro in law. Is not he the sweetest thing you can find in this cruel world?" Her unnie laughs as her husband shyly react to the wife's words.

" You still can say no if u already have someone." Sungcheol oppar, her one and only oppar in the house said.

' yes, we never force you okay."

 

It almost midnight, the conversation with her oldest unnie make her questioned herself.

A bf? She has not. a crush? yes. But how long a crush will last. Now we are talking about marriage, a long life time partner. 

Is she even ready? why her parents decide to bomb her when her final semester is almost over like in two weeks.