YUGYEOM- LUST OF DENIAL

KPOP S "VARIOUS IDOLS" EDITION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

paring: Kim yugyeom / yugyeom x reader

genre: 

word count: 4.9k

summary: best friends since childhood, your friend Clara is convince yugyeom is into you and that your into him. but you are in denial about everything.

notes: this is a , please be old enough to read. no triggers in this .

“Why don’t you just tell him?”

You snapped out your trance and your eyes snapped at your best friend Clara. You looked down at your food and you pretended to busy with tearing your garlic bread apart as you tried to avoid her gaze.

“Y/n” she said.

“Mmm?” You said looking up at her stuffing a piece of the bread in your mouth. Trying to ignore her because you already knew what she was going to say. She’s only been bugging you about it this whole week.

“Tell Yugyeom that you’re into him,” she laughed. You sighed before looking up at her.

“I’m not into him, he just got really attractive suddenly,” you started to pick at your food again.

Clara rolled her eyes and sighed, “You so in denial about your feelings.” She said waving you off.

“I don’t like him Clara we’ve been friends since we were in diapers. His mom is best friends with my mom, there is absolutely no way in hell that I would be into him that way,” you eyed her intently to try and make her believe you. Because you were serious, “I just think he got really attractive lately.” You shrugged your shoulders before stuffing your mouth again.

“Yeah, you’re in denial,” Clara shook her head and looked down at her food.

You glared at her. Why didn’t she believe you? Yugyeom didn’t have a slightest bit of effect on you. He was like your brother. Why would you think of an older brother like that? You just admired how attractive he got. No more than that. Everything else beyond that was just weird.

Or was it?

You looked around the lunch room again trying to avoid Yugyeom and his crew, but you got in again and accidentally made eye contact with him. Yugyeom gave you this dangerous look and you grimaced.

Blushing, Clara knitted her eyebrows together, “what’s wrong?” she looked at you then looked to Yugyeom. She caught Yugyeom trying to tear you apart before he slowly looked away and paid attention to his hyung, Mark.

“,” was all Clara said, “Maybe your both are in denial.” She scrunched up her nose.

You grew redder.

“You guys have so much the whole lunch room can feel it.” She put down her fork and leaned on the table. “You know I’ve been watching you both for a while now and I can tell that you both have got it bad,” she cocked her head to the side. “Tell me how one denies such a y man like himself,” she said looking over to yugyeom who was oblivious to your stares and conversation as he was ing around with his friends laughing and talking.

She gave you an evil smirk before continuing her nonsense, “you know when two people, - perhaps a boy and a girl grow together their whole life- I would admit that yeah, that it is hard to look at them a contain way, but…” she paused giving you this look. “when two people get older they get these hormones and they learn about and then soon they want it. Then they want to touch each other’s s because they are so that they just contain the attraction.” She looked at you who was glaring at her with your eyebrows knitted together, “so long story short give him that .” She clasped her hands together and leaned on the tabled and waited for you to say something.

You just gawked at her, “you should never give advice to anyone but me. You said in disgust.

She just shrugged her shoulders and laughed.

"I don’t think anyone would take you seriously as a person if you told someone else that.” You looked at her with a scrunched-up face, “-Whatever Clara I’m not into my FRIEND,” you said getting annoyed.

“Okay, but what if he is into you?” she kept going.

“He’s not,” you spat.

She laughed, “oh my god, he’s coming”

You almost choked on your juice and Clara started laughing as you looked around only to see yugyeom with his friends across the room still.

“You are a ing !” you glared. You couldn’t deny that your hard stopped before it took off in your chest.

“What no one told you to get all crazy!” She laughed, “maybe if you weren’t into your friend that wouldn’t have happened now would it?”

When you tried to find air in your lungs again you glared at her as the juice went down the wrong pipe. When you could finally speak again you said, “no I just didn’t want you to say anything stupid and give him the wrong ideas about me because of your big mouth.”

“Sureeee,” she teased.

“Don’t you know he has a girlfriend anyways you ,” you said annoyed.

“Why did you sound like you care so much?” she pushed.

“I don’t care, I’m just stating the obvious,”

“Yeah, a girlfriend that hates your guts.” She said trying to make a realization. Which would go right by you.

“Listen,” you sighed, “it’s very understandable that a girl who has an attractive boyfriend should hate a girl he grew up with- ”

“Yeah! Because she is scared that you’ll take him away from you because you look 10 times better than she does, if you ask me Ana is kind of ugly.”

“She isn’t,” you tried to defend her.

“Don’t help the enemy-”

“Omg Clara she isn’t an enemy”

“Yeah, I bet if you were roommates she would put Nair in your shampoo, "she rolled her eyes. "god you’re so naive and BLIND”

You shook your head dumbfounded by her comment, your eyebrows knitted together with a frown at the peak of your lips.

“You’re crazy Clara,” You deadpanned.

“Yeah crazy to see what’s really going on,” she rolled her eyes. “I wouldn’t expect more from you, you’ve all been like this, in such denial and then wrong almost every time.”

She laughed at your reaction because you knew she was right.

“Whatever!” You said annoyed.

“Don’t you have Yugyeom in chem next anyways? If you’re so sure-  ask him how he feels about you. if he says he doesn’t feel anything than I’ll leave it alone.” She shrugged her shoulders.

“No!” You yelled. Some of the students around you looked at your outburst and you made eye contact with Yugyeom again. Your face instantly becoming red. You snapped your eyes away as his girlfriend came into view- glaring at you the first chance she got.

You met Clara’s eyes again and said,“ why the hell would I do that? That’s just ing ludicrous. That’s like asking someone to kill you and make sure it’s painless. If I did that you mind as well dig my grave because I won’t be able to come back from that,”

“Why?” She smirked loving your reaction that was in denial, “you can’t take his rejection, I thought you didn’t like him?” She smirked evilly.

“You!” You pointed at her your eye brows raised. “Quit ing with my mind, you manipulator.”

“Quit lying and I won’t,” she laughed.

“fine,” you stuck your nose high in the air of confidence that you didn’t have but continued anyways, “if you want to watch me suffocate into embarrassment, then I’ll do it. But, you do realize that if I bring this up either way this changes our whole relationship. It could never be the same,” you stared at her.

“And I’m fine with that,” Clara said drinking her chocolate milk- she shrugged.

“You’re selfish, you said getting up because the bell was about to ring, as you dumped your tray some feet away you mouthed to her "SELFISH.”

She laughed finishing her food.

The bell rang, and everyone started to scurry out the cafeteria. You following suit.

Your heart started to beat into anticipation as you walked towards your locker which was in the same hall as Yugyeom’s. You started to get your books out your locker when Yugyeom scared you. You screamed and dropped your books. You were so deep into thought about what you were going to ask of him that you didn’t see him coming.

“Why are you so jumpy, best friend?” He laughed. But it wasn’t funny. You felt funny. Why was he making you funny?

Lately, you started to notice the little things about him. Like the way his hair fell into his eyes because it was getting too long again. How he smiled genuinely, when he was happy. Or how when he was sad he would force a smile in front of you. Just little stupid . And it irritated you. You knew him like the back of your hands. And you were about to cut both hands the off.

“It’s not funny,” you said getting annoyed at him because of your inner turmoil. Your lack of enthusiasm for the next coming events was wilting away more and more as he stood there. If you could run away, you would.

“Oooo Someone is grouchy today who did it this time? Did Jackson make fun of you again?” He laughed thinking about his hyung annoying you.

“No thank god,” you said. Jackson was a different type of human being. He was special. Born on earth for some annoying reason. He belonged on mars.

“Then what is it?” He said pestering you with thousands of questions just like Clara did.

“Nothing, "you deadpanned.

He drew his head back by your tone, "okay fine,” he said annoyed.

You stomach turned as he made that face at you. He was only trying to be considerate, but you wouldn’t let him.

In class you found seats next to each other.

The directions on the board indicated to go to page 148 in the text book and start on the questions right away.

The last bell rang, and others poured in. The rest of your occupied by the work and talking. The teacher came in and informed the rest of the class what we were doing before grading papers at her desk.

You and yugyeom didn’t talk and you felt bad. He was mad at you for your nasty behavior. You really didn’t have to be so snappy at him. It was your own fault not his.

“I’m sorry, you blanked out without thinking. ”

“It’s okay,” he said not looking up at you but still focused on his work. “I’m also kind of not in the mood already so it’s not just you.” Not just you huh? And why else was he mad?

Why wasn’t he saying anything else?

You bit your lip as you looked at his side profile. It was so beautiful. He seemed so effortlessly blemish free, it was almost unfair. His jaw line was carved to perfection. It was all just a lethal trap for the teenage population.

You looked away before he could catch you staring.

You let time go past before you realized you couldn’t concentrate with him beside you. You had been battling this for a few days now every time he was near you felt hot and you felt the need to close your legs. Squeeze them together.

“You’re in denial.” Clara’s voice came into your mind.

“Shut up Clara,” you thought.

Yugyeom’s arm brushed against yours and you stopped breathing. What. Is. Life.

?????!

Everyone around you was talking while your table was anything but talkative. You looked at him again but when you looked he caught you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter