#FIVE

I'll Be Your Light

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: WHAT IS GOOD Y'ALL! I'm sorry for my lack of weekly updates... Life have gotten a lot more busier than I had thought... School really took a toll on me. I've been stressed out so many times that I think I'm about to lose it soon. BUT. I've tried to get an update in today since it's my 4th Anniversary (aayyyee shout out to my reader for telling me this lol I didn't even know XD). It might be short and disappointing (idk), but I do hope each and everyone of you gorgeous creatures would enjoy to your heart's consent. And hopefully, everything goes back in order again and I'll be on track with my updating schedule. ^_^ ...... AND OMFG I AM GOING TO SEE THOSE 7 BEAUTIFUL BOYS TOMORROW!!! *SCREAMS FOREVER* I'M NOT READY Y'ALL SAVE ME (I'M LEGIT NOT READY FOR THE HYPE AND OMFG IF 2JAE AND MARKJIN HAPPEN THEN PEACE OUT Y'ALL AIN'T GON SEE ME EVER AGAIN BECAUSE I'M ALREADY DEAD FROM THE FEELS AND OVERWHELMING HAPPINESS)!! Let's all pray for my safe return and withdrawals from the after effects of the fanmeet (and the goddamned fanmeet itself).... ING HELL IT'LL BE SO LIT (SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT ACTUALLY GOING TO BREATHE THE SAME ING AIR AS GOD7 YOOOO)!!!! *SCREAMS INTENSIFY* Aight, stay healthy and warm y'all~~ 

###

 

 

 

 

 

    “Choi Youngjae.”

 

    “You’re not Jaebum.” 

 

    “Obviously,” Sohee rolled her eyes.

 

    Youngjae cleared his throat uncomfortably. This can’t be anything good. “Do you need something, Sohee-ssi?” 

 

    “Of course. Why else would I be here?”

 

    “What is it then?”

 

    Twirling her silky hair between her slender fingers, Sohee stared straight into Youngjae’s bottomless pits of darkness as her own onyx-like orbs flickering with blue flames. “I want you to get some words in to my boyfriend for me.”

 

    Casually shaking his head, like this situation had happened so many times before, the blind boy pursed his lips into a judging thin line. “Sorry but I don’t want to meddle. And by the way, he’s not your boyfriend, though?” 

 

    “Don’t get smart with me, Choi,” Sohee made a noise at the back of , indicating that she’s angry. “It’s normal for healthy couples to fight and argue. We’ll make up soon. I’m not letting him go.” 

 

    Youngjae scoffed. He didn’t like the sound of them getting back together at all. Although he’s the one who’s always nagging Jaebum about the art of being a gentlemen, Youngjae wasn’t actually a huge fan of his best friend’s past girlfriends. All those girls had one thing in common that Youngjae had came to realized; they’re all y. Well, Jaebum is kind of y, too, so… 

 

    “You and Jaebum are far from a healthy couple. But either way, I’m not going to do anything. This is your problem with him, so fix it on your own. He doesn’t listens to me,” Youngjae said as he stood up from his desk carefully, despite him wanting to get out of the classroom as soon as possible, but his eyes wouldn’t allow that. He wished Jaebum could come a little faster. 

 

    Already hating Youngjae’s pure existence in general, Sohee was in no mood to deal with her ex’s best friend’s attitude. She reached out and grabbed Youngjae’s arm, yanking him back, causing the male to lose his balance and hit his hip on the sharp corner of the hard wooden desk. Youngjae let out a yelp and immediately clasped a hand over his hip, rubbing at it while he hisses painfully, facing forward as he slowly drowns in embarrassment of a weak blind kid. 

 

    Sohee laughed dryly, her face remained its grace, not without the crimson color of hatred. “He always listens to you, Choi Youngjae. He only listens to you. Jaebum could care less about my well-being! He only cares about you! I should be used to it by now, but it just makes me angrier every time. What the are you? Why should he care for you? Look at you! You’re weak and hopeless! Is it possible for you to be hanging out with someone like Im Jaebum? No, it’s not! You’ll never be worthy for him. You’re just a waste of his time.” 

 

    Body collapsing against the cold floor of the classroom, Youngjae choked back any emotions that’s bubbling within him, threatening to lashed out in a the form of a shameless demon, begging for someone to understand. This definitely isn’t the first time he’s being ridiculed and looked down on. But every strong person breaks at some point. 

 

    The pretty girl continued to taunt him. “Why don’t you just go kill yourself? No one cares for you anyways. The world could be a better place without you.” 

 

    Angry and unable to stop the bleeding of his heart, Youngjae pulled himself off the ground and clenched his fists tight. “I have no idea what your deal with me is, but you need to back off! Telling someone to go kill themselves isn’t something you can just blatantly say! Do you know how it feels? Do you know how it feels to be blind by birth? Do you know how it feels to hate yourself for being born with this goddamned disease? DO YOU KNOW?!” Youngjae didn’t care if he’s facing the door instead of Sohee. He just wants to scream. To scream so loud that it’ll somehow scares all his problems away. 

 

    “No,” Sohee crossed her arms against her chest, staring mockingly at the blind boy, who’s trying to argue back in a serious manner but only to be taken as a joke instead. “I don’t know. And I could care less. All I know is that you are a piece of -“

 

    “Shut the up and step away from him, ,” entering through the classroom’s door is a very furious Jaebum. “Who the are you to talk to him like that?” Immediately flying over to his best friend’s side, Jaebum’s entire existence softens and his hands carefully took a hold of Youngjae’s arms, “hey, are you okay? Did she hurt you?” 

 

    Youngjae flinched back for a split second. And that was enough for Jaebum’s blood to boil and eyes narrowed as they sharply glared at that poor excuse of a human being. Despite being the school’s baddest boy, Jaebum never laid a hand on women in the wrong type of way. But who cares about morals when Youngjae literally just rejected his touch, thinking that Jaebum could physically hurt him? 

 

    Unable to control himself, Jaebum shoved Sohee back against the blackboard, pinning her in between himself and the board. His fingers wrapped around her neck and slowly closed in. Both of the girl’s hands automatically reached up and gripped at Jaebum’s wrist, struggling for him to let go. opened wide to support her lungs with little gasps of air. 

 

    “Jae-Jaebum,” Youngjae’s small voice snapped the said male out of his trance. “L-let her go. You’ll h-hurt her.” 

 

    Responding almost immediately, Jaebum freed his hand from Sohee’s neck and stepped backwards a step, watching his used-to-be-girlfriend grabbing at as she coughs frantically. “Stop with your bull and leave Youngjae alone. Or I’ll really kill you next time. If I see you within three feet from him, I’ll make you regret even living. Don’t play with me, Sohee.” 

 

    Didn’t bother sparing her another glance, Jaebum turned around and lightly pushed his best friend out of the room, leaving the toxic behind, because Youngjae don’t deserve something as lowly as that. 

 

    “I’m sorry,” Jaebum said, “I should have come earlier.” 

 

    Shaking his head, Youngjae forced a smile, “it’s okay. I’m okay. Don’t worry about-“

 

    “It’s not okay.”

 

    Chuckling softly, Youngjae forced another smile, “no, really, it’s okay. I’m used to it. This isn’t the first-“ 

 

    “It’s not okay when you’re crying, Jae-ah,” Jaebum didn't hesitate as he reached out to wipe the tear that’s carelessly rolling down the blind boy’s rosy cheek. His hand remained for a while, thumb Youngjae’s cheek softly in a comforting manner. “I don’t like to see you cry.” 

 

    Ducking his head lower, Youngjae sniffled, “why are you doing this? Why are you still here..” 

 

    “I’m your best friend, idiot. Of course I’ll still be here. Where else would I be?” Jaebum retracted his hand and swung an arm over Youngjae’s shoulders, tugging the his smaller best friend closer. 

 

    Youngjae tried to remove Jaebum’s arm, causing Jaebum to furrowed his brows in confusion and obvious hurt. “What are you doing? You already know, it’s useless to be mad at me. Who’s going to walk you to your classes and take you home?” 

 

    “I don’t need you right now. Go away.” 

 

    Jaebum scoffed, “oh, so you don’t need me? Okay, then I’ll just head on home then? Let’s stop with this stubborn front you’re trying to put up, all right? It’s childish and isn’t going to do anything.”

 

    “Have you ever thought about the many problems I’ve went through because of you, Im Jaebum? I’m being constantly harassed by random people. I can’t stand it-“

 

    “I hate her more now that she’s the trigger for you to push me away,” Jaebum sighed, tired and just wanted his best friend back in his arms again. “Don’t be like this, Jae. Not right now. You’re hurt.” 

 

    Biting his lower lip, Youngjae wanted to pour everything he’s been bottling up in these past years of realization. But he didn’t. He couldn’t. “I just want to be alone, please?” Youngjae asked instead, feeling himself being driven against the brick wall of selfishness. With what had happened not too long ago in that dreadful classroom, the blind male had concluded that there are greater things in life that’s within his reach that never were made for him to deserve. 

 

    Of course, Jaebum wasn’t going to stand around and take s all day. The taller boy dragged his best friend by the wrist, despite the whining protests. Whatever. Jaebum is still the stronger one out of the two. Physically stronger, that is. The walk wasn’t long. Jaebum, soon enough, pushed Youngjae down to sit underneath the calming shade of the oldest oak tree in school (and probably in the whole town because that tree is very old). This tree had always been their shared personal getaway since high school started. Obviously, Jaebum was the one who found it, but Youngjae was the one who suggested they should find it for further “research” later on. Research meaning a place for them to hide while they skipped classes or hang around with just the two of them without no one else knowing. 

 

    “Feels nice,” Jaebum smiled softly as his eyes closes, “the weather.” 

 

    “It’s pretty chilly,” Youngjae retorted nastily. “We’re going to get sick and it’ll be your fault. God, it’s always your fault, Im Jaebum.”

 

    Shaking his head at Youngjae’s attitude, Jaebum leaned back against the worn-out deep brown bark of the ancient tree. His hands teasingly gripping at the fresh grass underneath his uniform pants clothed thighs. He opened his eyes and looked over. Jaebum couldn’t help but let a smile escape. Yep. Youngjae definitely looked annoyed. “Come on, Jae. Who would you be with without me?”

 

    “I’m pretty sure there are better people out there to be with than you, Jaebum.”

 

    “Yah,” Jaebum pouted, eyebrows furrowed in mild anger (and maybe a bit of jealousy as he imagines someone else replacing him). “That hurts. Take it back, Youngjae.” 

 

    Stubbornly crossing his arms against his chest, Youngjae scoffed and randomly facing some direction that he wasn’t quite sure. “Never.”

 

    “Youngjae.” 

 

    “No.”

 

    “Yah. Choi Youngjae.”

 

    “Answer’s still no, Im Jaebum.”  

 

    Puffing his chest and titling his chin up arrogantly, Jaebum declared stupidly without thinking. “You’re mine and mine to take care of. I won’t allow anyone to take you away from me.” 

 

    And the chilly autumn wind blows softly, skipping against the cheeks of the young boys, whispering sweetness into their pink-tipped ears. Youngjae unconsciously relaxed his body and slumped against the tree, feeling a burning sensation of something threatened to rip him open and exposed his fragile heart of glass to the world. 

 

    Letting a nervous chuckle slipped past his lips, Youngjae brought a hand up to where his beating heart laid and tried to find a way out of this frustratingly awkwardness between his best friend and himself. “Ha. Funny. How come I’ve never pegged you as the possessive type?”

 

    “Maybe because you need to actually see how I look like,” Jaebum replied in a soothing voice, matching itself with the breezy kisses of the wind. Jaebum realized how much weight have lifted off his chest. He felt so much lighter. He wondered which statement he had said that caused this comfortable feeling. 

 

    “Can’t see, remember?” Youngjae smiled, already forgetting about that awful awkwardness and came back to his usual self. “But there’s a lot of rumors going around about how hot you look, though.” 

 

    Jaebum smirked, “they’re not rumors, Jae. I know I’m hot.” 

 

    “Sure, whatever.”

 

    “You’ve got no rights. You can’t even see me,” taking advantage of his best friend’s blindness, Jaebum left his original spot and planted himself right next to Youngjae. His face placed itself a couple of inches away. “Turn this way.” 

 

    “Which way?” Youngjae began whipping his head around, confused. Jaebum bursted out laughing wholeheartedly. “Stop it! I know I must be looking funny right now, but excuse you, I’m blind!” Youngjae stretched his arm out, attempting to slap Jaebum’s chest. Except he didn’t expect Jaebum to be this close. 

 

    Giggling, Jaebum grabbed a hold of Youngjae’s active hand and squeezed it with his own colder ones. “Okay, okay, okay, I got it. I’m sorry. I should be used to it by now, but God, that was hilarious.” 

 

    “I hate you,” Youngjae pouted. 

 

    Biting down on his bottom lip to stop another chuckle from escaping his mouth, Jaebum nodded, his eyes sparkling and ears bright red. “Yeah. I know. I do, too.” 

 

    A peaceful silence waltzed by. Jaebum got Youngjae to turn towards his direction. And right now, at this moment of serenity, staring into the blind boy’s gracious seas of darkness, Jaebum felt the urge to just reached out and selfishly warm his cold body with Youngjae’s. But instead, the taller boy ended up running his fingers through locks of dark silky hair of his best friend, who’s really enjoying someone messaging his scalp. 

 

    “Jaebum?” 

 

    “Hmm?”

 

    “Why do you always gelled up your hair?” Youngjae asked, head slightly tilting. 

 

    Smiling softly, Jaebum ruffled Youngjae’s head affectionately, “because it looks cool.”

 

    “Would look cool, too?” 

 

    Sweeping up Youngjae’s fringe, Jaebum shamelessly permitted himself to examine his best friend’s face. Blinking slowly, Jaebum smiled, liking the way Youngjae’s features fit so well with each others, especially his beautiful sparkling eyes that Jaebum love so much. “You've already look cool.” 

 

    “Liar,” Youngjae rolled his eyes and swatted Jaebum’s hand away so he can fix his hair that’s been abused by Jaebum’s gentle fingers and touches. “I would have gotten a girlfriend if I looked cool.”

 

    “You don’t need one.” 

 

    “Would be nice to have one.”

 

    Jaebum rolled his eyes, “no, it wouldn’t. Trust me.” 

 

    Sticking out his tongue mockingly, Youngjae deadpanned, “that’s because all the girls you’ve dated are either s or es.” 

 

    “Think about it, Jae. No good girl would want someone like me.” 

 

    “Yes, they will,” Youngjae smiled. “You’re soft and sweet. Who wouldn’t want you?” 

 

    “YAH. I’m not soft.”

 

    Laughing by himself, the blind boy cheered. “Im Jaebum is the softest person ever!” 

 

    Narrowing his eyes at Youngjae, Jaebum eventually sighed, “whatever.”

 

    “Bummie-ah,” Youngjae called.

 

    “What’s up?” 

 

    “Can I touch it?” 

 

    Jaebum swore if he was drinking that delicious green tea that Youngjae’s grandmother always made, then he’ll spit it out immediately, because what in the name of the Holy Gods is Youngjae asking in that suggestive tone of voice? 

 

    “W-what… Touch… Touch what?” Jaebum cleared his throat, cursing himself for being unnecessarily ually frustrated for no reason. It’s been a bit long (a couple of days or so) since his last . Jaebum needs to get laid. 

 

    “Your hair?” Youngjae said innocently. Like completely innocent. 

 

    Letting out a breath he didn’t know he’s been holding, Jaebum almost hit himself at how fast and excited his mind likes to jump into conclusion. “S-sure…” He took Youngjae’s hand and gently placed it on top of his head where his thick fringe was gelled up into a messy but perfect pompadour. 

 

    Youngjae slowly drags his fingers over the rough texture of Jaebum’s gelled raven locks, softly poking at it like it’s something foreign. This is the first time Youngjae had ever laid a finger on Jaebum’s gelled up-do. This feels different. Although it felt really cool and fresh, Youngjae still preferred his best friend’s flat unstyled hair because it felt so much softer under Youngjae’s touch. Spreading his fingers, Youngjae ran through Jaebum’s head full of hair. 

 

    Sighing contently, Jaebum held back from making any more weird noises. “That feels good. Do that again,” he demanded whilst happily closing his eyes and relaxing. 

 

    Youngjae giggled. “You always does this to me,” he said as he ran his hand through his best friend’s hair again, this time much gentler, like a mother cradling her newborn. “Like it?” 

 

    Jaebum nodded. Of course he likes it. He loves it. 

 

    “Me, too. It felt so relaxing whenever you do it,” Youngjae smiled. 

 

    They sat there, face-to-face, ignoring the bell beginning the next class after the lunch period. Jaebum closing his eyes and humming a random tune satisfyingly while Youngjae continued  his hair as if petting an obedient little kitty. After a while, curiosity got the best of the blind boy. He stopped patting Jaebum’s head and ran his fingertips down to the tip of the said male’s ear. Jaebum immediately stopped humming and snapped his eyes open, staring at Youngjae with much cautions that he didn’t know he possessed. 

 

    “Youngjae…?”

 

    The call was left unanswered. The boy’s blind best friend went on with his findings and caressed the cold silver piercings that decorated the ears of a bad boy. Youngjae seemed to be very amazed as he continuously lets his fingers rubbing softly against Jaebum’s ear, tracing and touching every cold piece of metallic earrings that they came in contact with. If only Youngjae know how much it's affecting Jaebum.

 

    Jaebum doesn’t know if he should be happy that Youngjae is only touching one ear and not two or if he should be scared that he’s suddenly feeling so embarrassed that he could die right now and here, maybe even letting the Earth swallowed him whole because he’s so ashamed. He’s so ashamed that he’s liking Youngjae touching him more than he should. It’s wrong to even be feeling this way, but God, if Youngjae could just touch him more

 

    “These must be expensive? They’re silver, aren’t they?” Youngjae’s voice shook Jaebum back into reality. 

 

    “Um, ehem,” Jaebum cleared his throat, “yeah.” 

 

    Nodding and mouth forming a small ‘O’, Youngjae didn’t stop touching and rubbing. “They feel pretty,” the blind boy smiled brightly. 

 

    Looking at Youngjae, Jaebum timidly said, “Yeah, pretty. Very pretty.” 

 

    Jaebum had to bite back a whine when Youngjae retracted his hand. “You know,” Youngjae said, “I like you better with your regular hairstyle, the one that you always wore when coming over to my house, you know? The flat one that’s, like, super soft. I mean this one is cool, too, but I’m more used to the other one. But whatever. Do what you want. It’s your hair,” pausing a bit, Youngjae’s eyes lit up in excitement. “Oh. But your earrings are so cool! I think I want some, too!” 

 

    “NO!” Jaebum shouted a bit too quickly and loudly, causing Youngjae to flinched and unconsciously bundled himself up in defense. Jaebum quickly reassured. “I mean… No, you’re perfect just the way you are, Jae-ah. Don’t change, please.” 

 

    Pondering for a couple of seconds, Youngjae sighed. “Fine, I guess. I can’t get them now anyways. My parents would rage. I’ll just wait till college or something.” 

 

    “Either way, I like you,” Jaebum said sincerely, suppressing any other emotions those words may have carried, he added, “like this.” 

 

    “And I like you with your other hair,” Youngjae grinned. 

 

    “Mind your own business, Jae,” the taller male scoffed. 

 

    “Wow. Shouldn't I be saying that to you?” 

 

    “Whatever. We have to go back now. Last period is almost starting,” Jaebum slowly stood up and reached for his best friend’s hand, pulling the latter up to his feet. 

 

    “Go back to being soft Jaebummie~” Youngjae cooed sweetly, teasing his best friend every chance he gets.

 

    “Shut up. I’m not soft,” Jaebum grumbled as the sounds of Youngjae’s laughter filled the air. Of course, Youngjae wouldn’t stop with the teases and mocks throughout the entire way sneaking back into the school’s building, but it wasn't like Jaebum didn’t liked it. He whined and scoffed and rolled his eyes, but Jaebum knew himself better than anyone that he enjoyed Youngjae’s full attention on him.  

 

    And so, Jaebum showed up in front of Youngjae’s house the next morning, mounting on a brand-new bike. His unstyled raven hair swayed against the winds. His fringe covering just above his sharp eyes as he calls out to his best friend. Youngjae comes out with a smile. 

 

    Jaebum had offered. “My hair isn’t spiky or rough now. You can rest your chin on my head if you want.” 

 

    Steadying himself on the pegs of Jaebum’s new bike with his hands holding onto the bike’s owner firm shoulders, Youngjae nodded and giggled amusingly. “Okay!”