#EPILOGUE

I'll Be Your Light

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S FINAL NOTE: Okay. Before I let y'all off on this last ride of feels, I just want to thank you each and everyone of you gracious beings for loving and sticking around for THIS long~ Being able to read your comments and knowing how much you all are enjoying yourself make me one happy potato~ THANK YOU SO ING MUCH Y'ALL!!!!! Y'ALL DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOUR PURE EXISTENCES. And now, since I don't really got much more to say, carry on and finish this fic to your heart's content (and btw honestly I just really wanna say that it isn't that bad so y'all can chill a bit and don't worry about it). Stay healthy and safe~ SEE. YOU. ALL. VERY. SOON. ^____^ *waving frantically with a creepy af smile* AND SHOUT OUT TO VIN FOR THE BEAUTIFUL GIFT OF A PRECIOUS AF POSTER GURL YOU'RE THE BEST~

###

 

 

 

 

 

    “Doctor Choi, you’re going out?” The receptionist asked, the Dutch language flowing fluently off his tongue. 

 

    “Yes,” answered a man who’s busy shrugging off his white doctor coat, “have Doctor Klerx take over for me. I want to eat lunch outside today.” The Asian doctor’s Belgian Dutch wasn’t as perfect as a native speaker, but it was well-understandable and flawless enough for him to earn a PhD here in Brussels, Belgium. 

 

    “Enjoy, Doc,” smiled the receptionist as he picked up the telephone, making a call into Doctor Klerx’s office. 

 

    The doctor flashed a smile back before walking out the doors of the large, but not hugely extravagant, clinic that he and his college best friend co-owned together. Outside, the snow of January’s winter weather had already laid out like a beautiful canvas, covering the peaceful city with pure decorations of the color white. The sun wasn’t out today, at least not entirely. Although probably too cold for a long walk to his favorite restaurant, the doctor did exactly just that anyways. He’s already used to the harsh weather from living in the city for too long. Actually, he’ll choose Belgium’s weather over Louisiana’s any day. 

 

    Youngjae closes his eyes, softly breathing in the fresh New Year’s air. There isn’t a month he likes more than January. The first month of the year has always been his favorite since as long as he can remember. Through the courses of ten years, nothing has really changed about him. Opening his eyes again, a smile lightly set upon his chapped lips. Youngjae looked around, soaking in every color, every object, every thing his eyes could settled on in the span of a couple of seconds. It’s a habit of his. A habit of looking, watching, observing everything and anything. Who wouldn’t when they have such glossy sparkling eyes like Youngjae’s? 

 

    He had thought his life had already been written out, etching of black fonts of misfortunes on the surface of Fate. But God wasn’t as bad as he had thought. The move to America ten years ago had Youngjae planted in Louisiana’s heated soil. For three years, Youngjae’s life was filled with nothing but intense therapies, which drained every ounce of energy he had every single day. It was complicated and stressful. There were countless of times where Youngjae had become frustrated with the process, blaming on himself for not being strong enough to push through for better results. Of course, his parents and grandmother would be there, hugging him and telling him that it wasn't his fault, that his eyes were hard to treat anyways since they’re blinded from birth. But hearing it wasn't his fault does nothing but makes Youngjae cried even harder. 

 

      Although it was tough and hurts like Hell, Youngjae still managed to work himself hard and steady. After his long therapy, a surgery was scheduled. Youngjae was nervous and afraid, because the doctors did said that the success rate was only a measly forty-two percent. Which wasn’t bad. But it came with a flaw. If the surgery were to fail, not only would Youngjae won’t be able to see, but also, his pupils would be permanently and physically destroyed. His parents took the risk and signed the agreements anyways. The couple of hours before the surgery had Youngjae shaking all over, wishing someone was there to hold his hands and calm him. Someone familiar. Someone he had known almost his whole life.

 

    Someone who he was stupid enough to let go. 

 

    The past three years of constant training of his eyes and mental health had knocked some sense into Youngjae. These years of hardship and pain had made Youngjae realized something extremely important. But why does it even mattered now? It’s too late anyways. 

 

    Youngjae regretted not holding on. 

 

    The surgery, fortunately, went smoothly, and Youngjae eyes were in bandages for a couple of weeks. The first thing his eyes laid on when he opened them was a painted picture of an old bike that was hung, neatly, directly across from him. Then everything after that becomes a blur, since the twenty-one years old man just burst out crying, in happiness that he can see, and in sadness that he can’t see what he’s desperately wanted to since he was eight years old. 

 

    Im Jaebum. That name became an ancient history on Youngjae’s timeline. A name he doesn’t want to remember, but at the same time, a name he never wants to forget. A name that would slips from his tongue here in there whenever Youngjae felt the need to keep himself grounded. 

 

    Even after getting his sight, after he could perfectly see everything his eyes touched, Youngjae refused to look at any photos from his past. He wanted to put everything behind, putting an end to this madness of cruelty that he dwelled on by himself. Youngjae had made a promise to himself that he won’t do it. He won’t look at his childhood photos, birthday photos, vacation photos, or high school graduation photos. Because each and every one of them, Im Jaebum would be the only thing he’ll see. He’ll see how Jaebum was. He’ll see how his own best friend was. And that would be added to the long lists of things Youngjae cried to every night. 

 

    Nights were something Youngjae despised during his years in America. Because everything was so still and painfully silent at night, making him shiver up in displeasure at the loneliness. Nights were times that Youngjae had thought, so is this how Jaebum had felt?

 

    Of course not. What Jaebum had felt was something greater. Something massive. Something terrifying. Something that’s capable of ripping and tearing apart that perfection of a human being. Youngjae’s own feelings could never come even one meter closer to it. 

 

    And Youngjae cried more. He cried his heart out in the midst of the dark abyss of the comforting night. This pain was slowly killing every single existence that’s alive on him. Everything just started hurting so much. Youngjae was heartbroken. Youngjae was going through something he thought he never would. There’s not one day where Youngjae doesn’t want to claw his chest and pull out his dead heart and burn it. Each day only brought more pain and discomfort. Youngjae fell into a deep depression of guilt and regrets. His family was so worried that he’ll cries until he goes blind again.

 

    And maybe that was what Youngjae had wanted: to be blind again. He didn’t want to see when this torturous vision only did nothing but caused him to go crazy. Maybe being blind again would shut Youngjae out from the actual reality as the darkness cradles him and coos him to sleep. Anything, please. Youngjae just wanted all these emotions to go away and never come back to visit him ever again. Never ever. 

 

    After another year of moping around in Louisiana with his newfound eyesight, Youngjae had decided to leave. He didn’t think leaving would be the solution to his heart aches. No. He just wanted to leave. To breathe fresher air. To start over. So with a heavy heart, Youngjae hugged his family "goodbye" and left everything behind as he headed for Belgium, the place where he had set his mind since he was still in high school, when time was still simple and innocent. 

 

    Setting his foot in a whole different world, Youngjae was nervous at first, however, just like he had been expecting, Belgium was ideal. Not for so long after his first landing in this foreign world, Youngjae decided to study here in Brussels, the heart of Europe. His studies weren’t going so well in the beginning. Learning new languages was the problem for Youngjae, but he was a determined person with a fixed mindset. In the span of three years, Youngjae was able to master all three languages of English, Dutch, and French, and passed his thesis for his Master's in ophthalmology. It was a huge challenge for him. He worked and studied his off throughout the entire three years, with no breaks in between (not even summer), in order to obtain a Master’s. He had cried the whole weekend after taking a long stare at his well-deserved degree. Spending the next one year between internship and more schooling for his PhD, Youngjae was proud of himself for not passing out and giving up. Hard work and efforts do paid off. 

 

    Youngjae officially graduated with a smile that held the power to torch the entire planet. Immediately, he decided to open up his own eye clinic with his best friend. His first and only best friend, here in the city, was already a very experienced eye doctor of ten years. Nicholas Klerx, a beautiful, dark-haired, blue eyes Belgian, had helped Youngjae through a lot of these past years. Whenever Youngjae felt like crying, Nicholas was there to lend a comforting shoulder. The Belgian knew about Jaebum, of course, and he couldn’t help but feel sympathetic for his best friend. But if Youngjae needed anything, Nick wouldn’t think twice to help. Although Nick was much older, the two still connected on a quite deeper and personal level. Nick always thought taking care of Youngjae was like taking care of a younger brother he wished he had. 

 

    Nick wasn’t Jaebum’s replacement in any way. No one could replace Jaebum. Even if Youngjae tried to swap that void in his heart with Nick, it didn’t work, because when night falls and the twinkling stars of this foreign city peeks out from their midnight blankets, the only thing Youngjae desperately wanted was to be held in Jaebum’s warm arms. Jaebum’s and no one else. Never anyone else. 

 

    The nonstop ringing of the doctor’s phone stirred his peaceful, clear-headed walk along the crowded street, where all the good restaurants were all lined up. Reaching into his pocket, Youngjae fished out his phone without really much care. “Hello?”

 

    “I can’t believe you actually left without me?” The question was in English. Sassy English.

 

    Chuckling, Youngjae shook his head at his best friend’s childish attitude. Seriously, sometimes, he feels like he’s the older one. “You did tell me to leave, Nick. Besides, we both can’t leave. Who’s going to take care of the clinic?” Youngjae said, tongue slurring in the complicated gracefulness of the Dutch language.

 

    A sigh was heard over the line, “whatever, Jae. Get your back in another hour. We both got appointments,” and this time was Dutch, Nick’s better language since that’s his native. 

 

    “How many times I’ve told you not to call me ‘Jae'?” 

 

    “Many times,” a doting smile could practically be heard, “but it’s too cute not to, my little brother~”

 

    Rolling his eyes, Youngjae turned the corner, taking a different route than usual to his favorite restaurant. “I swear I just make lunch-break-excuses just to get away from you.”

 

    Nick scoffed, “yeah, right. Take a step away from me and I’ll let you haul your to pay everything for this business. Let’s not forget who got more money than who.” 

    

    “Not feeling bad for chaining people with money, aren’t you?”

 

    “Nope, never ever.” 

 

    Youngjae groaned, “I hate your song puns.” 

 

    “Love you, too, babe. Enjoy lunch and come back safely~ Don’t ditch work and hook up with strangers,” Nick cooed cutely in English; the sole purpose was to annoy the out of his younger best friend. 

 

    “Eat , Nicholas,” Youngjae replied and hung up with a smile. 

 

    He continued his stroll through the park, which he had no idea he ended up there just by not paying attention to where he was going. Well, he did decided it’ll be fun to take a different path. Yay. Fun. Now he’s lost. Great.

 

    Why didn’t anyone stop him before he made this dumb decision? Youngjae is still Youngjae. He isn’t physically blind now. But he’s still blind when it comes to directions. He’s always been horrible, but see, back then, there was this particular bad boy who was always by his side no matter what, so Youngjae wasn’t afraid of getting lost. Because he wasn’t going to. Jaebum was his eyes. His light in this damned pit of pure darkness. 

 

    Brushing off his terrible luck, Youngjae just opted to waltz around the park with hands in his coat’s pockets and half of his face buried behind his thick scarf. He’ll wing this. It’s a nice park anyways. He’ll just walk around for a while and asks someone for directions. Watching the way the January’s wind whispering softly against the ears of Nature, Youngjae sighed in content, relaxing under the cold, yet reassuring, touches of the winds. If only Life was this friendly. Letting out a tired sigh, Youngjae continued on, now doesn’t even mind where his feet are taking him. The doctor snuggled behind his scarf, trying to keep warm in this skin-ripping weather. 

 

    “-I know, but-“

 

    What was that? Youngjae’s ears perked up. He whipped his head around. He swore he heard-

 

    “I’m here now. D-“

 

    Isn’t that….? Kor…. KOREAN? The doctor was excited. It’s been so long since he had actually heard someone speaking in his mother tongue (the many times he talked with his family does not count, since it was all done through video calls). Although it was muffled and soft, Youngjae could hear it somewhat. His sensitive hearing hasn’t changed after the surgery. Determined and happy to know someone from the same culture background is present here, on Brussels’s foreign soil, Youngjae ignored the crawling feeling of his shy self. It’ll be nice to have a Korean acquaintance, finally

 

    “Excuse you, but I am here on a business trip, not because of him-“

 

    Youngjae approached the voice, still wasn’t completely in earshot. But he could see. And he saw. He saw the back of a man dressed in a fitting dark suit with his jet-black hair styled professionally in a classic, yet slightly messy, pompadour. The man has one of his hands inside his pants’ pocket while the other one holding a phone up to his ear. Seems like the guy is a businessman. Youngjae had met a handful of business-related people, and this Korean wasn’t far off from looking like one of them. But Lord have mercy, Youngjae had never seen anyone with a back view as gorgeous as this man. And the hugging of the suit is a plus plus plus bonus. 

 

    “What? Ban me? Let me do the honor and remind you who’s the President of this company, Jinyoung. Me, I’m the ing President, so sit your down-“

 

     Wow. A President. Youngjae gasped slightly in his head. At least that’s what he had picked up mildly as still tried to get closer. The man was obviously busy, so of course, Youngjae can’t just casually walks up and strikes a conversion. That would be weird and bothersome. 

 

    “For your information, I wasn’t going to go anyways-“

 

    It sounds like the man was having an argument with whoever this "Jinyoung" is, Youngjae concluded, standing awkwardly near a lifeless, snow-covered tree, trying to eavesdrop, but he was still a little too far away. So Youngjae just admires how reliable those broad shoulders look. 

 

    “-I don’t see why you’re lecturing me when you’re the one who shipped me off-“

 

    The conversation didn't looked like it’ll die down anytime soon. Youngjae was considering leaving, but his stubborn and unusually patient self rooted his feet to the ground. And he’s curious. He’s curious of how the man looks. Youngjae was pretty much swept off his feet just from the man’s back; the doctor wondered if the man’s face would be as beautiful as well. It’s rare to catch anyone’s Korean anyways. A little wait wouldn’t be a problem…

 

    “Listen here, you little . You’re the Vice President, must I remind, so don’t act like you own me. I don’t give a if we’ve been friends for the past ten years, but you seriously need to chill. Find something better to do, Jinyoung, like, ing Ma-“

 

    Biting down on his lip, Youngjae decided. That’s it. All or nothing. 

 

    He removed himself from the dead tree and advanced forward. The closer he gets, the more he could hear better, and… 

 

    “That’s it, I’ll see you when I get back. Have fun, er.” 

 

    And… 

 

    “I ing swears,” the man cursed under his breath. “Why does he always think I go on business trips to find-“

 

    That was it. That was the last straw. Youngjae held his breath. No. No way. No ing way. 

 

    That voice. He knows that voice! Although it’s a bit deeper than the one in his memories, but Youngjae knows. Although it’s been ten years since he had last heard it, but Youngjae knows. Because he never did forget, as much as he wanted to, he didn’t. He couldn’t

 

    His heart ramming against his ribcage, forcing its way through the carcass of numb emotions, threatening to lash out. His breath caught in his throat. He couldn’t hear anything else but that voice. Couldn’t see anything else but the back of the person he cares for. Everything around them was long excused from existence. Like a kiss from a fairy tale, Youngjae’s dead heart sprung alive, pumping loudly in his ears, reminding him how much he-

 

    Extending his shaking hand, Youngjae tapped on the shoulder of the man. 

 

    Feeling someone putting their hand on his body, the man cautiously turned around. “Wha-“ His words were cut off as he stared, wide-eyes and slacked jaw, at the person in front of him. 

 

    “J-Ja-Jaebum?” That person called, voice soft and anxious. 

 

    The man, Jaebum, kept staring. He stared straight into those eyesThose eyes. Those sparkling oceans of diamond; those eyes that he loves so much. Those eyes that he had spent the past ten years looking for. Time was frozen and all he could mustered was how those eyes staring back at him as if-

 

    “Jae-Jaebum, right? Im-Im Jaebum?” 

 

    “,” Jaebum breathed out, “am I hallucinating now?” He had barely gotten two hours of sleep for the past two days, so it’s understandable if he’s beginning to imagining things. Imagining things that are too good to be true. 

 

    But the world knew how much Jaebum’s heart yearns for that person. His hands shook uncontrollably as he slowly reached out towards the man’s face. Jaebum’s fingertips gazed the man’s cheeks and they both shivered, not from the cold, but the desirable warmth of each other’s familiarity. Jaebum, in an agonizing speed, dragged down the scarf, revealing the man’s full face. And Jaebum wanted to scream. 

 

    “God. What the … You- ,” his ragged breathing did not swell the pressure that’s compressing his poor heart. Jaebum couldn’t take it. Everything was moving too fast and, now, he’s dizzy. “A-are you r-r-real? Oh, my God. You-“

 

    Jaebum should be mad. Angry. He should be feeling the rage of betrayal bubbling in his blood, boiling through his veins, rising Hell within his own numb heart. He should. But he’s so ing happy. So ing happy. 

 

    Cold palms ghosting over the rosy cheeks of the person who owns his heart, Jaebum forgot how to even breathe. And the way… The way those eyes were looking at him… Something wasn’t sitting right. Something didn’t seem right. His soul wandered lost. Realization damned on him like a falling meteor, destroying and setting his entire existence on fire. “You… You… C-can se-see?” 

 

    Youngjae decided to cut the bull. He boldly lashed out at Jaebum and wrapped his arms tightly around the man, their bodies plush together, slipping perfectly in place. “I miss you. I missed you so much. So ing much. Jaebum-ah.” 

 

    The sadness, the pain, the torture, the heartbreak, Jaebum had been through these past ten years disappeared into thin air as the muscles on his body went slump, and he just melts into the warmth that he’s been craving for so so so long. “Y-Young-Youngjae…” Wrapping his arms around the fragile body, Jaebum held on so tight. He was scared of letting go. His eyes were b with unspilt tears. “You’re real. . You’re ing real. Youngjae-ah. Youngjae-ah… Jae-ah…” His voice cracked painfully as his heart poured out its love and longing. Burying his face on Youngjae’s shoulder, Jaebum lets his control slipped as tears went streaming down his face. “I-I’ve… F-for the past ten y-years, I’ve been looking f-for you. God, I’ve s-searched everywhere. Youngjae-ah, why did you l-leave with-without saying ‘goodbye’? Did you know? Did you know how ing hurt I was?”

 

    Youngjae responded by pushing their bodies closer to each other, if that was even possible. But he doesn’t care. All he wanted right now is to just feel. Jaebum gasped softly, doubting that this is reality. This is too good to be true. “Ten years. Ten ing years and I still… .” Reaching up to press on the back of Youngjae’s head, Jaebum mumbled brokenly against the doctor’s nest of messy dark locks. “Youngjae-ah. Youngjae-ah. Youngjae…” 

 

    “I’m here, Jaebum. I’m right here,” Youngjae replied, voice laced with pure happiness as he snuggled more against the crook of Jaebum’s neck, falling deeper and deeper into the sweet abyss. “I’m here if you need me.” 

 

    “Need,” Jaebum growled, “I ing need you so ing much.” 

 

    “Then I’m here.”

 

    “You’re not going again, aren’t you?” 

 

    Youngjae smiled, genuine and innocent, “never. I’m here for as long as you need me. And if you need me forever, then I’ll be here forever.” 

 

    Jaebum didn’t reply, instead, they just stood there for a long time, drowning into each other’s scent and comforts. Youngjae was sure that he’ll be scolded by Nick when he gets back, but it, Jaebum was what he’s been wanting all these years. Youngjae wasn’t stupid to let go a second time. 

 

    “What are you doing here in Belgium?” Youngjae asked, arms shifting around Jaebum’s broad shoulders to get a bit more comfortable. 

 

    “Business trip,” Jaebum answered in a hushed tone, softly Youngjae’s hair and pulling the smaller closer despite there being no distance in between. Jaebum could care less. “My Vice was supposed to go, but he played me.” 

 

    Giggling, Youngjae remembered that phone conversation from before. “Jinyoung?”

 

    “Yes, that bastard- How do you know?”

 

    “I sort of overheard your, um, fight?” 

 

    “He’s a .”

 

    “But he’s your friend, isn’t he?”

 

    “That doesn’t give him any privileges.”

 

    “But that gives me, though?” Youngjae didn’t realize what had come out of his mouth after he had said it. The doctor meant it as a joke… Not… He quickly panicked. “No, I m-mean, Jae-“

 

    Jaebum went stiff. “You want to be friends?” The question came out like a death threat. Like Jaebum was angry. 

    

    “I-“

 

    “If you’re just going to be friends with me, then you can let go right now and leave.” 

 

    Youngjae was shocked. Jaebum sounded really angry. It honestly kind of scared the doctor. He’d never thought his best friend could be this dominating. Maybe being the President of a company had trained Jaebum to be demanding and ruthless. “T-that’s not it…” Youngjae said bashfully. 

 

    Jaebum softened, coming back to his gentle self. “Good.” 

 

    Gulping, Youngjae made a mental note to watch his stupid mouth next time. Jaebum is here in the flesh, Youngjae cannot  it up again. “Jaebummie?” 

 

    “Hmmm?” 

 

    “Can I look at you?” 

 

    Jaebum seemed to forgets that Youngjae could see. Slowly separating, Jaebum couldn’t help the wild butterflies in his stomach. Youngjae could see him. They’ve both been waiting for this moment since the first day they've met. 

 

    Youngjae carefully looks, taking in every single detail his eyes set upon, refusing to miss anything, because he’ll be imprinting this image of this godlike person in his brain, keeping it within his memories, his heart, until the day he die. Jaebum’s hair. Jaebum’s eyebrows. Jaebum’s eyes. Jaebum’s nose. Jaebum’s cheeks. Jaebum’s lips. God. His lips. Cupping Jaebum’s flushed cheeks in his hands, Youngjae smiled sweetly. “I knew it. You’re beautiful.”  

    

    Because words couldn’t described how he felt, Jaebum pulled Youngjae close again, crashing their trembling lips together in a tender kiss. Moving their desperate mouths together, they tried to feel the other’s presence as much as possible. Unspoken words of confessions were exchanged between lips pressing and biting against lips. Youngjae tugged on Jaebum’s hair, completely messing up the gelled style, but Jaebum didn’t mind, he knows Youngjae doesn’t prefer it up like that anyways. 

 

    Suddenly, Youngjae smiled against Jaebum’s lips as he gave cute little shy pecks, unintentionally drove Jaebum over the ing cliff, because, , that’s adorable as Hell. Smiling back against Youngjae’s swollenly bruised lips, Jaebum dipped his head and slid their mouths together sweetly, deepening their passionate kiss as his hands found themselves rubbing up and down his lover’s sides delicately, handling Youngjae as if the male's an artwork, which he is in Jaebum’s love-filled eyes. 

 

    The doctor was the one to pull them apart in reluctance; he needed to breathe. Jaebum offered a kind smile, watching Youngjae’s embarrassed face and parted red lips in awe. “Do I get the honor of knowing a little about you?” 

 

    Looking up at Jaebum, Youngjae gradually grabs a hold of himself. “Wh-what do you mean?” 

 

    “I haven’t seen you in ten years, Jae. What have you been doing?” Jaebum ran his fingers through Youngjae’s hair, ruffling it a bit and chuckled at the cute pout that he earned. He wanted to lean down and kiss the pout away, but he just asked a question, so he should probably wait for the answer.

 

    “Well, when I first left Korea,” Youngjae began, Jaebum internally grimaced at the memory of his best friend disappearing without a trace, “I went to the States, Louisiana, specifically, for eye therapy. It was tough, but I’ve managed through three whole years. Then, I stayed there for another after the surgery, which went well, as you can see,” Youngjae smugly grinned at his own joke; Jaebum rolled his eyes but still leaned down and gave Youngjae's cheek a kiss. “Anyways, I left and settled here in Brussels, Belgium, went to school, studied my off, and now, I am an eye doctor, well, an ophthalmologist, which is more specialized in diagnoses all eye diseases and performs surgery. And I co-owns a quite big of a clinic.”

 

    “Nice,” Jaebum smirked, “Doctor Choi?”    

 

    “Yes, Doctor Choi, I didn’t spend my entire savings and efforts to not be called Doctor, besides I am a doctor,” Youngjae sighed. “But whatever. You can call me whatever you want.” 

 

    “Can I call you 'baby’?” That rolled off Jaebum’s tongue so smooth. 

 

    Of course, Youngjae blushed furiously, totally did not expected that sudden endearment. Jaebum loves the way Youngjae ducked his head and pulled his scarf up to cover his face. “I’ve been wanting to call you that since high school, so-“

 

    “H-how l-long will you b-be staying here?” Youngjae piped, quickly trying to change the subject, and mildly curious. 

 

    “Three weeks,” Jaebum paused, “babe.” 

 

    “Oh…” Youngjae was obviously disappointed. He doesn't think he could handle a long distance relationship when he finally just got to see Jaebum, someone who he’s been missing for ten whole years. 

 

    Jaebum lifted Youngjae’s head up with his fingers grazing the doctor’s chin. He smiled at the doctor. “I know, but you won’t have to wait long. This business trip was meant for me to open up a branch here, initially, but now that I know you’re here, I’ll just move the main headquarters to here, right in the heart of Europe, isn’t that more convenient? And it’ll be good results for my business, too.” 

 

    “But can you do that?” 

 

    “Of course, I can. I’m the President, the owner, what can’t I do?” 

 

    “But-“

 

    “Wait for me, Jae-ah?” 

 

    Nodding, Youngjae feels this burning sensation throughout his body. This is real, Youngjae thought. 

 

    As if already reading Youngjae’s mind, Jaebum pulls the doctor in for a bone-crushing hug, “this is our reality, Jae. Our world.”

 

    Youngjae accepted the hug, shyly hiding his red face. Jaebum sighed softly, “you know, I still can’t believe this. You’re here. With me. And we’re together? This is just too much for me. Too good to be true. If this is a dream, then I don’t ever want to wake up. Please, don’t make me wake up. I just want to be by your side. I swear I’ll do anything if it means I can be with you forever. And I forgive you. Forgive you for hurting be and betraying me and k-kissing me as an apology, Jesus ing Christ, until this day, I have no idea why the Hell did you think kissing me would be the perfect way to reject my feelings. I was so ed up, actually, still am, for the past ten years. Do you know-“

 

    The temptation of having Jaebum’s plump lips against his again was way too overwhelming, so Youngjae took matters into his own hands and grabbed the lapels of Jaebum’s suit jacket and smacked their lips together, successfully silencing Jaebum in a surprise lip lock. When they pulled apart, Jaebum looked alarmed. 

 

    “What was that for? Is it an apology again?” Jaebum eyes searched Youngjae’s, arms circling tighter around the doctor’s waist, bringing their bodies even more closer together. 

 

    “No, it’s not, idiot,” Youngjae simply smiled, cold hands cupping Jaebum’s warm cheeks. “This one is different.” 

 

    “How so,” Jaebum whispered, leaning in for another kiss.

 

    “This one is a promise.”

 

    “Oh yeah? Another promise that you’re going to break?” 

 

    “This one means I promise to never leave you again,” Youngjae closed the tiny gap between their lips. 

 

    Jaebum smiled bitterly, “I don’t think I can trust that. Not anymore.” 

 

    Winding his arms around Jaebum’s neck, Youngjae chuckled, “I’ll give you another one then.” 

 

    “And what’s this one?” Jaebum stared affectionately into those seas of dark crystals he had spent his life loving so much. It’s much better now that they’re staring straight back at him with the same amount of emotions. 

 

    Pressing their lips together again, Youngjae whispered heartbrokenly, “I’m sorry.” 

 

    “Stop it. I don’t want to hear those words coming from you.” 

 

    “I’m sorry for leaving you and hurting you, Jaebum-ah.” 

 

    Frowning, Jaebum shows clear disapproval of Youngjae’s apologies. The past ten years of constant torture and pain were enough for Jaebum. He didn’t need Youngjae to remind him of how much he dreaded those words of apologies. Planting a kiss on the doctor’s forehead, Jaebum said, “I love you.” 

 

    “You’ve loved me for a very long time now,” Youngjae lets his body lean against Jaebum's. God, he’s been missing this. The warmth. The security. The love. And just Im Jaebum in general. 

 

    “I’ve always loved you. You took my heart with you when you left. I couldn’t bring myself to love anyone else but you. I still love you. I’ll love you forever and ever. I will never stop loving you.” 

 

    “I’m touched,” Youngjae smiled warmly, eyes smiling over the sincerity and perfection resting upon Jaebum’s face. He took it all in again. Everything his eyes could reach. Everything his eyes had been missing out on during those years they were together. “So you get another one.”

 

    Jaebum rolled his eyes, but couldn’t hide the wide grin plastered on his lips and the love that’s written all over his happy face. “What now.” 

 

    Giggling at Jaebum’s attempt of trying to act cool like his old high school bad boy self, minus the numerous piercings and hard gaze, Youngjae lifted his face, touching their foreheads together teasingly. “You don’t want it?” 

 

    Scoffing softly, Jaebum smiled dreamily, contrary to his pretended cold attitude, “of course I want it. Give it to me.” 

 

    With a teasing smirk, Youngjae sealed their lips together again, moving slowly and sensually against each other’s mouth, tasting each other’s sweetness on the tips of their intertwined tongues. Jaebum cradled Youngjae’s neck and pushed them deeper into the kiss, making sure every peck, every slide of tongue, every lip lock, is felt powerfully by the love of his life. Youngjae accepted it all and actively responded back with his fingers tangling in the mess of his, now boyfriend’s, dark hair, eyes closing and capturing the moment with only his sense of touch as he softly moans into their connected mouths, forgetting the fact that they’re mindlessly making out in the middle of the day in a quite crowded park. 

 

    Youngjae pulled apart first for air, but eyes never did leave Jaebum’s as he knockec their foreheads together. Hot breaths hovering over each other’s faces as they tried to render each other’s soul restless. Jaebum couldn’t stop smiling. And seeing Jaebum’s beautiful smile makes Youngjae’s heart flutters nonstop, so the doctor smiles back with equal the amount of happiness and love evidences in Jaebum’s eyes. 

 

    “What’s this one for, baby?” 

 

    “This one means I love you, Jaebum-ah.”