Jennie

I choose you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                                          

 

 

Jennie

 

Nayeon keep turn around on her bed, playing with the plushie. ‘I don’t think I should confess to Momo.. she only think of me like her own sister. never more than that.. but, Jennie told that she likes me. What should I do? I need to ask Jennie!’ Nayeon determined. She need to confirm it with Jennie herself.

On the next day, she tried to find Jennie at their usual meeting place but she’s nowhere to be seen.  Even at the school garden.

“have you seen Jennie? I can’t find her.. I miss her.” confess Nayeon but no response. For sure if the fluffy rabbit answer her she’ll be the first one running away.

On the next day, she saw Jennie, but she seems to avoid Nayeon. Nayeon then decided to corner her.

“why did you avoid me?”

“..”

“Jennie-ya? Did I do wrong to you? If so, I am sorry okay? Please don’t this to me.” Plead Nayeon. Jennie just looked the ground. Nayeon hug her, surprised Jennie.

“I miss you..” mumbled Nayeon. Jennie blushed. She want to push Nayeon away but she miss her too. She hug Nayeon back.

“mianei..” replied Jennie. Nayeon nod broke the hug. She smiled, held Jennie’s hand.

“it’s alright.”

“actually, I need to tell you something.” Mumbled Jennie. Nayeon turn to her. Jennie hesitates, as she saw Nayeon happy face. But she can’t take it anymore. she need to tell her. she took a deep breath, look at the sky as she said the most heartbreaking words to Nayeon.

“we need to stop seeing each other anymore.”

Nayeon can’t believe that Jennie want stop being her friend. She was really sad and disagrees with Jennie decision. She don’t want to stop being friend with Jennie. She tried to reach Jennie but everytime , Jennie would definitely ignore her. but Nayeon didn’t give up. One day, Nayeon passed by the school backyards, and saw unconscious body on the ground. She waste no time to help the girl which later she found out was Jennie. She carried Jennie to the infirmary. But because it’s quite serious, she was rushed to nearest hospital. Nayeon followed along, never leave her side.

“Jennie guardian or family?”

“I’m her friend.” Nayeon walked to the doctor. The doctor seems anxious to tell Nayeon but eventually told her everything. Nayeon can’t believe her ears, as tears already making way out from her eyes. Her legs suddenly weaken, held on the wall to keep her body stand.

She held Jennie’s hand, looking at her.

‘Jennie.. please wake up. You need to come back for me.’

She wait until midnight, until a doctor come in and greet her. somehow, she looks at Jennie sadly. She caressed Jennie’s head.

“are you Nayeon?” asked the doctor. Nayeon turn to the tall girl, nodded slowly. How she know her? the doctor smiled,

“wanna have some coffee?”

The doctor was really nice and kind and also, she’s Jennie’s older sister. she’s a surgeon, which she can’t see Jennie earlier. She rushed to see her sister soon the last surgery done.

“you know, I’m a bad unnie.. I spent most time here, in the hospital. Though she never said it, I know, she want me to be next to her.. I want to be with her. since our parents passed away, Jennie became quiet and secretive person. I never know when she’s having problems or anything. She won’t tell me. But, when we had some time together, she’ll definitely told about you.” The doctor smiled, look at Nayeon.

“thank you for being my donsaeng friend. Never in her life, I see her bragged a lot about her friends.. maybe because she likes you.” Nayeon can’t help but happy, and also curious.

“e-eh? But.. Jennie..”

“true, I barely spent time with her but from her eyes I can see she’d been in love with you.” Utter her. but then her expression turn to sad. “she really likes you a lot, but, with her condition, she won’t be able to tell you her feelings.”

“Naeun-ssi, how bad is Jennie condition? Is there any surgery would help her vision get better??”

The doctor who name Naeun sighed, nodded.

“but, chance for surgery success is 50-50. That’s meaning her life depend on it. And, Jennie told that, she would never make it.. and refuse. She want to spent her time with me, for the time being before she totally lost her vision.” Naeun started to cry. Nayeon calmed her.

She woke up from her deep slumber, in a familiar room. Sighed, she sat on her bed only to greet with a sleeping girl on the couch.

Jennie POV

I woke up and see her, the one I love the most, sleeping on the couch. I want to reach her, and this I.V stand getting on my way. I harshly took the I.V drips away from my hand, and make my way to Nayeon. I caressed her hair. I miss her. she must be staying up all night looking after me. I felt bad for her. you know Nayeon, I don’t want to part away from you but.. I can’t. I must, if not, you’ll be hurt. I don’t want you to be sad, grieving over me if I die. I kissed her forehead, and put my jacket on her. I give her last glance, before leaving my room.

 

Nayeon squinted her eyes, looks at her surroundings. She looks over to the bed, which was already empty. She widene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter