Drabble #4 2eun

Fairy Tales [2eun/APINK Drabbles]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Drabble #4

short holiday part 2

 

“Have you been living here since you were born?” Eunji asked cautiously to the woman who was busy planting some weird looking plants in her garden. It was nighttime, and not the exact right time for gardening. However, the plant wasn’t exactly like anything she had seen in the mortals’ world or even in the gods’ world. The leaves were silver and radiate light, as if it was meant to illuminate a small part of space around it. It was beautiful, and a lot more convenient than light bulbs as what Eunji had supposed.

“No, Eunji… My mom gave birth to me in her home back in Greece, where all the gods were from. I’m a daughter of Atlas.” Naeun answered, carefully putting the plant down and covering its roots with soil. “After the Great War, my father was imprisoned and I was stuck here, for an eternity… I can never leave this place.”

“W-why would you be put in prison here?”

“My father caused a huge fiasco and I helped him… It was only right for me to be here, in punishment…”

Eunji didn’t dare to press on anymore. The gods, be it as Greek, Roman or Norse, she can never understand them.

“How about you? Where do you live?” Naeun asked.

“I live in South Korea but I’m sure you don’t even know where that is.” The heroine showed a smile, hoping to lighten up the atmosphere.

However, Naeun only studied Eunji’s face. Eunji couldn’t grasp it but she was close to certain that Naeun looked sad.

“Are you fully healed yet…? D-do you think you are ready to leave soon?”

“Huh?” Eunji asked, “I-I don’t know… But I can walk now.”

“I-I…” Naeun’s voice broke. “I’ll see you in the morning… Sleep well, Eunji.”

The woman ran off to the beach and Eunji stood there, staring at the retreating back of the girl she obviously harbors strong feelings for.

 

Eunji had stayed a few more days, as much as she remembered. She tried to think of her life back which wasn’t exactly promising but fun. She had great friends and although she was pretty much in fact just travelling around the world for adventures, her whole life was already promising for her. And yet, she couldn’t leave yet.

On normal days, she would just rest and stare at the clouds or at the plants or at the fountain, but in all honesty, she would just stare at Naeun as she was working in her garden over and over again. Eunji would look at her work, and how she would tuck her hair that has fallen on her face or how she would greet the animals a good morning. The gleam on the eyes of Naeun was something she had looked forward to every morning.

Sometimes, they would look at each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter