Solji x reader | Getting better | pt1

EXID x readers

You grimaced as you saw Solji holding on to the sides of the toilet throwing up once more. You sat next to her and held her hair her back slowly. All you wanted to do was make Solji feel better.

Solji wasn't the best of cooks so you made her breakfast bringing it into your shared room every morning along with her tablets and a glass of water. "Thank you" she said in a rough whisper. You could tell was sore from throwing up. Lately Solji had looked really weak and frail and you just wanted to wrap your arms around her and tell her everything was ok, but you both knew it wasn't just a come and go thing.

Solji had been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, when she came back from the hospital she ran into your arms crying her eyes out thinking it was going to mean the end for her, you only wished she would get better. "(y/n)" you heard her call you

"Yeah, what's up" you replied almost on instant listening to your girlfriends every beaconed call
"Are you ok?" you felt her heart go into those words. Since she had become sick it had affected you. You already suffered from insomnia and having to take care of your parents as well already made your life busy but now that she was sick you needed to do much more and make sure you had time for everyone other than yourself. You hadn't slept much and would wake up at dawn doing all the house work, making breakfast for Solji making sure she was ok, going to work for a few hours, helping your parents then back home to help Solji.

Because of the loss of even more sleep than usual you had huge bags under your eyes and where getting really tired and weak but you knew you couldn't afford to become sick because there would be no one to take care of Solji.

"I'm perfectly fine why do you ask" You hoped she didn't see through your lie.
"Just wondering you are always taking care of me lately and I don't want to feel like a burden" she put her knife and fork down slowly reaching for your hand with all her strength. You saw her struggle so you lightly grabbed her hand to save her the trouble moving sitting closer to her on the bed
"I'm fine and you could never be a burden to me, I love you remember" You smiled a fake smile to make her feel better.

"Solji bear I've got to go to work I will be back in time to make you tea, remember be careful and Hani should be coming over to help you with lunch. Call me if you need me even if it’s not important" You kissed her lightly on the lips before leaving, locking the door behind you. You held you keys and made your way to your car.

Before you walked into your work building you just sat in your car and cried letting all the tears and stress break free. You needed to be strong for Solji so that's why she was the only one to cry at home, you wouldn't let her see you break down and look like a small child. It was your job to look after her and everyone else.

"(y/n), why am I not getting better" You looked at Solji; she lay in the bed looking at you with tear filled eyes.
"It takes time you know and just think once you get better everything will go back to normal" you felt heartbroken you couldn't do anything.
"Do you think? Do you think my career is over" she let the tears slowly slip down her cheeks. You immediately laid besides her and whipped the tears away kissing her lightly on the lips
"No, your career won’t be over for a long time, your too strong to let your sickness end your dream" You her cheek trying to cheer her up
"I love you and thank you for being here for me" she had stopped crying but still looked sad
"I love you to and just think how many fans miss you" she let a small smile grace her lips as she thought of her fans.

It was Solji's birthday and she had received presents from her family, you and her members. She opened all her presents from her parents then you both made your way over to the entertainment building, to the practice room. As you walked in you saw the biggest smile you had seen for a while appears on her face. "Happy birthday Solji unnie" many people who crowded in the room shouted. "Thank you everyone".

Slowly one by one she began opening her presents coming to the things she got of the fans. "What has this fan said" you asked leaning over her shoulder as she sat on the sofa in the corner of the room with the rest of her members "They are from the UK, they said they hope I get better and that I have an amazing birthday. There Korean is quite good I can understand what she wrote"
"We all hope you get better" you whispered as you move to sit on the arm of the sofa
"What did you say" she asked looking straight into your eyes
"Nothing" you replied smiling back, giving her your famous eye smile so she couldn't read the pain in your eyes
"We all do" you repeated once more to yourself.

Hi everyone, I felt like writning this after I listened to Solji's song 3%. Remember you can request x readers and if you want you can have a specific scenario, Thanks for reading - Hayley