08. Not

Let's Gogh!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun.” There wasn’t much to his tone, it was really just the Drummer’s regular tone, but to Baekhyun it sounded menacing and almost terrifying.

 

“Chanyeol.” He replied, trying to recollect himself in front of the Taller. In all honesty he was immensely afraid of what the taller was going to say.

 

Kai cleared his throat and slowly said, “I uhm have some things to take care of,” he began to collect his stuff off from the bench, “so I’ll just be going now.” Baekhyun turned to him, pleading him with his eyes to stay. “Please don’t go.” He mouthed to the other male. Kai shook his head, earning him a pout from the smaller. Baekhyun felt like he had seriously ed up and looking at the Taller only made him feel worse.

 

After Kai had taken his leave, Baekhyun stood there awkwardly, waiting for the Drummer to say something. The cold breeze had increased and even with Kai’s jacket on he still felt the chilly wind running through his entire body. He shivered.

 

When the taller started slowly walking away from the cafe Baekhyun could do nothing but to follow him. He hastily finished packing up his things and gave a quick jog to catch up with Chanyeol. He walked one step behind the man, making sure to keep the distance. When the taller slowed down so that he could catch up, he would slow down as well, avoiding having to stand directly next to him. They walked like that for a couple of minutes, the silence was killing Baekhyun. He decided to speak up first, since the taller didn’t seem to want to say anything. “Chanyeol I-“

 

“Thank you.” He heard the Taller quietly mumble. To say that Baekhyun was surprised was an understatement. He expected the man to at least yell at him, hell he even expected a punch in the face, something he knew he deserved. However a thank you was not on his list. Baekhyun looked up, attempting to make eye contact with the man, but Chanyeol wouldn’t look at him, he only looked straight ahead of him. Baekhyun examined the Drummer. That’s when he realized that the man wasn’t angry, in fact he looked almost happy. His eyes had a small brightness to them, almost unnoticeable but definitely there.

 

“T-thank you?”

That’s when the Drummer finally looked at him, halting his long legs from continuing to take steps and turning towards him. “Yes. Thank you.”

Baekhyun gulped. He was at a loss for words. “Well...I….“

“You don’t have to say anything.” The taller resumed his walk, this time Baekhyun matched his steps. “Seulgi and I had a pending conversation and I had been putting it off for way too long.” Baekhyun simply nodded, unsure of what to say to him. He had fully prepared himself to apologize and bow a thousand times but now he had no clue what he was supposed to say to the Taller. Besides, he had never seen Chanyeol like this, happy looking.

“I’m still sorry though Chanyeol. I heard from Kai...about...what she did.” He carefully stated. “I was out of place to do that-”

“Baekhyun it’s fine.” Chanyeol sighed. “Things between Seulgi and I had been complicated for a long time before that. It’s not all completely her fault. But thanks to you,” He pointed a finger to the smaller, “everything is fine now.” Chanyeol looked up at the sky and smiled. Baekhyun was at awe. Even at moments like this the Taller looked completely gorgeous. His small curls were shining in the sunlight, making his dark brown hair look lighter than it was.

 

They walked to their dorm like this, in a comfortable silence. Chanyeol unlocked the door for the both of them and allowed Baekhyun to walk in first. Baekhyun plopped down on his bed and groaned. He still could not believe that the said Drummer was not mad at him. The Taller male laughed at the Smaller’s sudden groan. “Tired, Byun?”

 

“You have no id-” Baekhyun glanced at the Taller. “Did you just call me Byun?”

“Maybe.” The Taller smirked.

“Just call me Baekhyun.”

“Byun.”

“Or Baek.”

“Byun.”

“Or Hyunnie. Actually Minseok calls me that so maybe he won’t like it that you call me that too.”  

“Or I could just stick with Byun.”

“But that just sounds weird. You don’t go around calling your friends by their last names.”

“Oh-ho, so we’re friends now?”

“Well you did say thank you.”

“Shut up.” The Taller mumbled, starting to turn red.

“Ha! Are you embarrassed Drummer?”

“Remind me to never thank you for anything ever again.”

“Haha whatever. You should see your face-” He was cut off by a pillow that softly hit him in the face. “Park Chanyeol you did not just-” There came another one, stopping him from completing his sentence once again. Baekhyun grabbed the same pillow that had hit him for the second time and aimed for the taller who was laughing hysterically. He threw it as hard as he could, earning an “ouch” from the Taller. This time it was Baekhyun who was laughing, clutching his stomach in an attempt to stop the pain being caused from laughing too hard.

 

Of course he should’ve known that Chanyeol was not going to just stay in the sidelines and watch as the smaller laughed, so before he knew it he received another hit on his side from another pillow. Baekhyun faked a gasp before grinning and grabbing a pillow nearby. He grabbed it as quick as he could and made a sprint towards the Drummer. Chanyeol wasn’t prepared so Baekhyun took the opportunity and continuously hit him with the small pillow. Chanyeol raised his arm in an L shaped to protect himself from the smaller. By this point Baekhyun was laughing so hard it was hard to keep hitting the Taller. This time it was Chanyeol who took the opportunity and began to hit Baekhyun. Baekhyun ran around the room, attempting to avoid the Taller’s hits.

“Come on Byun, are you scared of this little pillow?” Chanyeol asked, teasing the other by twirling the pillow in his hand. Baekhyun scoffed at the other and remained in his position. He was standing across from Chanyeol, the bed being the only thing that separated him from the attacks. Baekhyun had lost his pillow while trying to defend himself so there was no way that he could attack the taller without getting hit himself.

“You know to make this fair I should also have a pillow.” He pouted

“Do you not know how pillow fights work Byun?”

“Do you not know how pillow fights work Byun?” Baekhyun mimicked in a high-pitched voice, imitating Chanyeol.

“That is not what I sound like!” The taller said, throwing his pillow at Baekhyun who grinned in amusement as he now had the attack weapon.

“Big mistake Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol inwardly cursed at Baekhyun and at himself for having done that. Baekhyun leaped on top of the bed and swiftly hit Chanyeol on top of the head, fast enough to not give the taller the time to defend himself. He jumped off the bed and began to continuously hit a laughing Chanyeol.

 

They did this for a couple of minutes. Sometimes Baekhyun would have the upper hand and would hit Chanyeol, mostly on the head, and other times Chanyeol had the upper hand, he would spend most of his time chasing Baekhyun around the small room. When they finally got tired they each threw themselves on their own beds, laughing their heads off. When they each calmed down a bit, they glanced at each other and began laughing once again. It was a tale of never ending laughter.

 

“You..have..to stop...laughing.” Baekhyun pleaded in between giggles. Chanyeol couldn’t even form words and so only pointed at Baekhyun while clutching onto his stomach that was in extreme pain. He shook his head, signaling to the other that he couldn’t control his laughter. It was painful for the both of them to continue laughing, but none of them could find a way to stop.

 

After a couple of minutes the both of them finally calmed down and all that could be heard were the giggles of Baekhyun that were filling up the small room. “Wow Park Chanyeol. I didn’t know you had it in you to beat up someone smaller than you.” He teased, grinning from ear to ear.

 

“Oh please, Byun. You spent half of the time running away.”

“Hey! I did not run away! It’s called defending yourself.”

“Yeah sure.”  

Baekhyun simply laughed at the taller’s remarks. “You know Chanyeol... I basically won that fight didn’t I?”

“You wish.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter