09. Breath

Let's Gogh!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The song played is "Baby" by exo. Listen to it here 

 

     Baekhyun hadn’t found the correct moment to explain things to Minseok as the ladder had been acting weird recently. Baekhyun had noticed his friends strange behavior had been ongoing for a couple of days now, however every time he tried to ask him what was going on, Minseok would rapidly make an excuse and leave. So, after having asked Minseok for the nth time what the problem was he was left alone in his room with only his thoughts as his companion. 

 

    Baekhyun also hadn’t seen the Drummer for 2 days in a row. Who knew what was going on with him. Baekhyun plopped himself down on his bed and sighed. He was so bored. Minseok was ignoring him and the Drummer had disappeared. After their impromptu dinner Baekhyun had felt them getting closer but maybe that had only been his imagination. The Drummer was, afterall, extremely hard to get to know. Baekhyun groaned out loud just as his dorm room creeped open.

 

     “Could you groan any louder?” The Drummer asked.

 

     Baekhyun quickly lifted his head from his resting position and made a face at the Drummer. “You finally decided to show up?” He asked as he rolled his eyes. 

 

“Concert tonight. Don’t you know?” Chanyeol walked in and placed his keys on the white desk. 

 

     “Uhm...No?” Baekhyun honestly said. He had never really been fond of concerts and had only initially gone to their concerts because Minseok had dragged him to go.
 

     “Why am I not surprised?” Chanyeol had now taken his shoes off and had begun to make his way to the bathroom. 

 

     “Sorry~” Baekhyun said as he watched Chanyeol go into their shared bathroom. “He really doesn’t talk much…” He mumbled. Baekhyun heard the shower turn on and sighed loudly again. The short interaction between the Drummer and him not being enough to cure his need to socialize. He reached with his hand to his bedside table and grabbed his phone. He went to the band’s social media site where they posted their events and such. He didn’t really want to go but had nothing better to do anyways. Soon enough he came upon a poster for their show tonight. Chanyeol was at the far left followed by Kai. The main vocalist, whose name Baekhyun had learned to be Lay, was at the very center and to his left was the tall blonde, Sehun. They all had their arms crossed and were displaying their toned arms with their sleeveless shirts. Their all-black outfits matching perfectly with their menacing facial expressions. Baekhyun sighed loudly again, debating inside his head whether or not to attend said concert. 

 

     Baekhyun had been pondering for some time as he was scared by Chanyeol’s sudden presence next to him. 

 

     “Did you not hear me?” The Drummer mockingly asked. 

 

     Baekhyun simply looked up at him, hair slightly covering his eyes. “No sorry.” The Drummer rolled his eyes to the smaller’s response as he brought up his towel to dry his drenching hair. He shook his head as he ruffled his hair with the towel, some droplets reaching Baekhyun’s face. “Geez Drummer, could you shake your head any harder?” Baekhyun said as he exaggeratedly dried the droplets from his face. 

 

     “Oh you mean like this?” Chanyeol asked as he shook his head even harder.

 

     “Hey!” Baekhyun shielded himself with a pillow. The Drummer simply laughed and walked away from Baekhyun until he reached his drawer. “Why so cheery today Drummer?”

 

    “What do you mean?”

    “Well you just seem…”

     “Seem?”

     “Happy.” Baekhyun said as he made a surprised face.

     “I am happy Byun.” Chanyeol said matter-of-factly. “Today is a big day for the band.” He grabbed a gray tight fitting t-shirt and began to put it on. “Kai told me to ask you if you’re going, so are you going?”

    “Kai asked you?”

    “Yep.”

 

     Baekhyun unknowingly frowned at the thought of Kai asking for him after having caught him kissing that black haired boy. Yes, Kai had tried to clear things up but still, Baekhyun had felt a little betrayed. Baekhyun however knew he didn’t completely have a crush on Kaii, but he definitely didn’t like the fact that Kai was leading him on while kissing other people. 

 

     Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the sudden change of Baekhyun’s facial expression however he didn’t mention anything as the latter seemed to be annoyed enough already. “You don’t have to go if you don’t want to.” Chanyeol heard Baekhyun let out another loud sigh.

 

     “Ugh Drummer. You’re not helping. I’m super bored. Minseok is ignoring me and acting super strange and you haven’t even been here for the past 2 days so I haven’t been able to continue our rough draft!” Baekhyun finally got up from his bed, a determined facial expression plastered on his face. “I’m going.” He began to walk towards the door. 

 

     “Woah woah woah. Calm down Byun, the concert isn’t until 8’ o clock.” Chanyeol placed his hand on Baekhyun’s chest, preventing him from moving any further. 

 

     Baekhyun frowned. “Then where are you going?”

 

    “Well I’m going to the venue to practice with the guys-”

 

     “Then it’s settled! We’re going to the venue to practice with the guys!”

 

     “No no no, you can’t go-”

    

     “Then you want me to die of boredom?” Baekhyun pouted. 

 

     “Geez, what are you? Seven?”

 

     Baekhyun scoffed but quickly went back to begging. “Pretty please?”

 

     “You’re not going to die just by being here for a couple more hours.”

 

     “Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said with a serious tone. “I’ve been in this room for the past 24 hours with nothing to do but think about how bored I am. I think I will die. So either you’re going with me or I’m going without you.”

 

     Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “They won’t let you in without me.” He mumbled. “Whatever. Then die of boredom at practice.” Chanyeol grabbed his leather jacket and made his way out the door.









 

    They both walked into the venue together, much to the surprise of all of the band members. Baekhyun sheepishly smiled at everyone, waiting for Chanyeol to introduce him. Chanyeol however seemed to have gone back to his quiet distant self and simply plopped himself down on his seat. Baekhyun scoffed and had decided to simply keep his distance from the stage where the rest of the members were. Kai however happily screamed out his name and called him over to join them on stage. Baekhyun initially refused but Kai was as stubborn as ever and quickly went over to drag him to the stage. 

 

     Baekhyun felt awkward to say the least. He didn’t know why he had thought this was a good idea. He was usually outgoing with everyone but seeing all the band members together had such an overpowering effect on him that he couldn’t bring himself to say anything else except for, “Hi.” He smiled at them and gave a slight wave.

 

     “Everyone, this is Baekhyun!” Kai enthusiastically said. To Baekhyun’s surprise the band members seemed to be completely different to what he imagined. They all smiled at him and got closer to him to shake his hand.

 

     “Hey Baekhyun! I’m Lay!” Lay was even more stunning in person. His black hair contrasting perfectly with his milky skin. He gave Baekhyun a hug and proceeded to introduce the rest of the members. “This is Sehun,” he pointed to the tall Blonde that Baekhyun had previously seen. 

 

     Sehun approached him and shook his hand. “Hi! I’m Sehun and I play the bass.”

 

     Baekhyun shook his hand in response and said, “Hi Sehun nice to meet you!” 

 

     “And this is Chanyeol, though it seems like you two know each other.” Lay cheerfully said. Chanyeol only mumbled a “whatever” in response. “You’ll have to excuse him, he’s not very friendly.” Lay jokingly whispered to Baekhyun. 

 

     “Oh trust me I know.” Baekhyun replied. 

    

    “Haha, well welcome to our practice Baekhyun. You can t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter