07. Last day on Earth

Let's Gogh!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their plan was simple: make Baekhyun the distraction. They had thrown the small man into the lion’s den without warning him of the dangers. So now there he was, attempting to confidently walk towards the library doors without looking like he was fearing for his life. He took a secret glance behind him to see if the two idiots were still there, hiding behind the corner wall. Luckily they were still there, waiting to see if their plan of “get crazy girl to chase you around” would work. Baekhyun let out a sigh, bracing himself for the worst. The reality was he knew nothing about this girl. He knew nothing about her and Chanyeol’s past. He didn’t know who had broken up with who. But most importantly, he didn’t know why this girl was constantly chasing Chanyeol around.

 

Baekhyun finally, after what seemed like a thousand steps, reached the front of the library doors. He honestly half expected to start running then and there. He had been mentally preparing himself to start running as soon as he came in view of the girl. He had even prepared a plan as to which way to go, which stairs to take, which stairs not to take, and what hallways not to go through. The reality was different though. He had made eye contact with the said girl. His pupils had begun to slightly shake at the intensity of the girl’s eyes. For a long second he just stood there, in front of the library doors, having a small stare down with the girl, who was inside the library, sitting on a small couch that welcomed guests into the library.

 

It was awkward to say the least. When the girl slowly rose from the red vintage couch, Baekhyun’s breath almost stopped, afraid of what he thought was about to happen. The girl slowly walked towards him and outside the welcoming main lobby of the library. Baekhyun had, without realizing, begun to take steps back as the said girl took steps forward. Surprisingly though, the girl didn’t make any attempts to start chasing him around, or perhaps she wasn’t chasing him because Baekhyun wasn’t running. Before he realized it the girl was standing extremely close to him, too close for Baekhyun’s liking. He could feel her breath on his skin and as much as he tried to back up, he couldn’t for he was already skin tight with the wall. “Uhm…” He carefully said, holding his breath. “C-can I help you?” He visibly gulped while taking a glance at the corner where the two idiots were still hiding.

 

“You.” She said, sternly. She had an intense gaze on him, making Baekhyun slightly nervous. “Why do you keep running away from me?” She said, all of a sudden changing her tone of voice to a cute one.

 

“Wh-what?” He asked, confused at the sudden change of aura around the girl.

 

She let out a huff of air, making her hair move with the sudden air. She sounded almost whiny to Baekhyun, who was surprised at the situation. “You keep running away!” She huffed in annoyance, crossing her arms in front of her. Baekhyun was beyond perplexed. He wasn’t sure what he was supposed to say. Just a couple of minutes ago he assumed the girl to be crazy, but now there she was standing in front of him, seeming like a normal human being. “I mean I’ve been trying to talk to Chanyeol for months now and he keeps avoiding me!” She turned to face Baekhyun. “And you!” She said, suddenly raising her voice, “you keep avoiding me as well! And all I’m trying to do is to get somebody to help me talk to him.” She faced Baekhyun. “Do you know why he keeps avoiding me?” She seemed to genuinely be asking Baekhyun the question.

 

“I uhm… I’m not really sure…” He sheepishly said, rubbing his temples. The truth was Baekhyun himself didn’t know why Chanyeol kept running away from this girl. He just knew that at the moment he didn’t have time to think about that because he was on a mission. A mission that was, at the moment, failing.

 

“But you’re close to him right?” The girl asked, getting closer to Baekhyun with every word. Baekhyun slowly started shifting to the right to try to get out of the current position he was in. He slowly moved around the girl so that he was no longer being pushed up against the wall.

 

“I’m not really that close to him.” Baekhyun said, raising his hands and shaking them, denying what the girl had just said. “I mean I know who he is because you know, everybody does, but we’re not really that close.”

 

The girl squinted at him, as if she didn’t believe him. “But you’re his roommate.” She pointed a finger at him and Baekhyun nervously glanced at the corner where the two idiots were at. The girl now had her back facing them, Baekhyun thought this was the perfect opportunity for them to get inside the library and search for the Drummer’s phone. He glanced back at the girl.

 

“Well, yeah I am his roommate I guess-”

“Which means that you’re close to him.”

“That’s not really what that means…” He mumbled.

“So can you take me to him right now?”

“N-now?”

“Mhm.” She eagerly nodded. Baekhyun could see the happiness in her eyes.

“I uhm don’t really know where he’s at.” He blatantly lied.

“Why not? I really need to see him.” She said, exaggerating a little.

“Well, he’s not usually in the dorm and the only times I really see him-”

“He’s not usually in the dorm? Then where is he usually at?”

Baekhyun sighed. The girl really did not let him talk. “I don’t know.”

 

Baekhyun glanced around nervously at the two boys peeking behind the corner. He could see the worry in Kai’s and Chanyeol’s eyes. He inwardly cursed at them for putting him in that situation and turned to face the girl. He sighed and said, “I guess I can try to help you...” He really just wanted to get the girl away from the library doors so that the said boys could do what they were there for in the first place.

 

“Yay!” The girl cheered and latched onto Baekhyun’s arm. The smaller fidgeted and tried to pry her off of him but to no avail. They began walking towards the front doors of the entire building. The girl kept talking to Baekhyun as if they were long-life friends. Baekhyun simply smiled at her comments, trying to end the situation as fast as possible. Now that Baekhyun thought about it, he had no idea how he was going to get out of this situation. There he was with a stranger literally hanging off his arm and talking non-stop. The worst part was that he was supposed to get her in front of Chanyeol.

Baekhyun finally tuned the girl back in, “-and he keeps ignoring my calls and everything!” She said exasperated.

 

“Really?” He questioned.

 

“Yeah! I mean I get that we broke up and everything, but the least he could do is answer my calls, especially if he’s going to run away everytime.”

 

“That’s true. He’s kind of a jerk don’t you think?” Baekhyun asked, remembering how annoying the Drummer was at times. He heard the girl gasp a little.

 

“You really think so?”

 

“I mean what kind of a man does that anyways?” He huffed.

 

“You do.” She pointed at him, pouting and frowning at the same time.

 

Baekhyun faked offense. At this point he was really just trying to distract the said girl as much as possible. Before turning the corner to exit the building he stole one last glance at the two idiots who were now tip-toeing to the library, afraid that the girl would hear them even though they were now a considerable distance apart. He quickly turned back around before the girl would notice that he had been looking back. It was as if she had a sixth sense though, a sense that could tell when someone was acting suspicious. She slowly turned her head around, just as the two boys were about to enter the library doors. “Oh no.” Baekhyun whispered under his breath, afraid of what would happen next. He was sure she had seen them both. “Those two idiots.” He mumbled. “Maybe i’ll try giving him a call.” Baekhyun said, trying to distract the girl.

 

“I swear I just saw them.” She said, glancing back. Baekhyun begun to slightly shake, nervous of what he expected to happen. He quickly forced the girl to turn the corner and walk outside, away from the library.

 

“L-let me try calling him.”

 

The girl frowned. “I don’t think that’s going to work.” It was as if she had changed back to her dark aura. There was no longer a cutesy-girl latching onto his arm, but a girl with a strong piercing gaze.

 

“Wh-why not?” He nervously asked. Maybe the girl had caught onto the fact that he didn’t even have the Drummer’s number. Suddenly she begin to look inside her backpack, rummaging through it, trying to find something. Baekhyun was confused for a second until the girl pulled out a large phone with a black sparkly case on it. “Is that his phone?” He asked in awe. She truly was amazing. If she had found his phone then that meant that she knew that the Drummer was looking for it.

 

“I was trying to give it back to him, but he keeps running away from me every chance that he gets!” She huffed out in annoyance again. There she was again, the cutesy side of her. Baekhyun was honestly scared of this woman. One second she was all nice and bubbly and the next she was all dark and intense.

 

“Well he’s definitely not going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter