06. Desperate

Let's Gogh!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Baekhyun walked out of class, frustrated at the deadline put in place by his art teacher, but more determined than ever to draw the Drummer. As if on cue, the Drummer suddenly appeared around the corner walking with Kai. They both looked as if they were having an intense conversation. The Drummer for one could not stop making hand motions as he spoke and Kai kept shaking his head, disagreeing with whatever the Drummer was saying.

 

            Baekhyun was desperate and he knew it, but he really had to get that rough draft in. By then, Kai had already noticed Baekhyun from the corner of his eye and had started making his way towards him.“Baekhyun!” He said enthusiastically. Once he had reached him he gave the smaller a tight hug, something to which Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “How have you been?” Kai asked, clearly very excited.

            “I’ve been well, how have you been?” Baekhyun asked.

            “Well, I’ve been well although Chanyeol has me stressed out.”

            “Why am I not surprised?” Baekhyun sarcastically asked.

            “Shut up.” Chanyeol mumbled.

 

            “He never told me he was your roommate!” Kai screamed, loud enough for everyone in the building to hear. It was as if time had stopped. Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to stare at Baekhyun.

 

            “Uhm…”

 

            “Oops.” Kai said, scratching his head. “Too loud?” At that moment, a girl suddenly started running towards them, screaming Chanyeol’s name and looking at Baekhyun as if she was ready to murder him. It didn’t take Baekhyun long to realize that it was the exact same girl who had started chasing them the first time he encountered Chanyeol.

 

            “!” Chanyeol said. “Run!” So, very afraid, Baekhyun took off sprinting, following the band members. Kai was running next to him, “Sorry Baekhyun! I didn’t know she was here.” He sheepishly said.

 

            “It’s fine,” Baekhyun said out of breath, “Who is she anyways?”

 

            “Trust me you don’t want to know.” They turned a corner and ran down the stairs as quickly as they could, clearly ignoring the school’s policy of “No Running.” “It’s a very long story. All you really need to know is that-”

 

            “She’s crazy!” The Drummer exclaimed, finishing Kai’s sentence.. “She’s truly a scary woman.” Baekhyun looked back as he continued running, taking a quick glance at the crazy girl following them. They opened the doors and sprinted out of the building, stopping for a second to decide which way to go. They had exited the building and were now in the middle of the school where there were many students engaging in conversations and hanging out. The center of the school was the social section because of its vast space. It was covered in grass and had tall trees to provide shade for those who didn’t enjoy the sunlight. There were benches placed so that they surrounded the rectangle shaped lawn and there was a huge circular fountain in the middle with a turtle spouting water from its mouth. However, neither of them had the luxury of appreciating their surroundings as they were now in a critical situation. They had two options: Right or left. As they were about to decide the crazy woman had caught up with them and her screams could be heard from inside the building. “Chanyeol! Chanyeol! Chanyeol!” They all took of running without consulting with each other. Unfortunately for Baekhyun, he had decided to run to the left while Kai and Chanyeol had both gone to the right. He had realized too late to turn back because as he was about to do so the girl sprinted out of the doors and quickly glanced both ways, spotting Chanyeol and Kai and lastly spotting Baekhyun. Baekhyun stopped on his tracks, assuming the girl was after Chanyeol and waiting for her to act. Before he knew it he was running for his dear life because the girl had for some reason decided to now start chasing him. He was beyond confused.

 

            He ran, dodging the immense amount of people that were on the lawn and apologizing to everyone that he bumped into. He sprinted and jumped above a bench, surprised with himself because he wasn’t aware he could pull stunts like those. Now more than ever Baekhyun knew that he really needed to start getting exercise in. “.” He said breathless. “Why is she following me?” He glanced backwards as he was about to turn a corner to exit the lawn congested with people. As he turned the corner he was suddenly pulled by someone into the shadows. The said person covered his mouth and locked him tightly to his body. Baekhyun looked up, scared, but then realized that it was Chanyeol that had saved him. Time seemed to have stopped as Baekhyun took a moment to appreciate Chanyeol’s face. He noticed how sharp his features were. His eyebrows were thick and dark. His eyes were constantly blinking and sweat beads were pouring down his forehead. Baekhyun could feel the heaving of the Drummer’s chest as he kept him tightly in place. Right at that moment the crazy girl ran past them and Baekhyun’s heart stopped in adrenaline and he could’ve sworn he heard the Drummer’s heart stop. Just as she had come she had left, running after the ghost of Baekhyun. Chanyeol’s tense muscles relaxed and he let Baekhyun go. The smaller turned to face him and grinned. “She really likes you doesn’t she?”

 

          

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter