04. A Tale of Two Drunks

Let's Gogh!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I-Uh-sorry!” Baekhyun said as his cheeks turned pink and his face became boiling hot. “I didn't mean to-to-I uh-sorry!” He once again exclaimed as he pushed the bathroom door open, ready to run out of there. That's exactly what he did. He didn't wait for Kai or Jongin or whatever the hell his name was to stop him. He stopped at the end of the hallway because after consecutive seconds of fast walking, he needed to catch his breath. He brought his hands to his cheeks and immediately felt the heat make contact against his freezing fingertips. He was out of breath but he knew that the real reason that his cheeks were that hot was because he had just caught Kai passionately making out with that guy. It's not that he cared much, at least that's what he wanted to believe, but it had just been an awkward of a situation for him. There he had been, hoping to look his best only to be met with disappointment. ‘How awkward…” Baekhyun thought to himself. ‘If I would've known I would've knocked. No! Byun Baekhyun nobody knocks to go inside a bathroom! You idiot… How was I supposed to know that-’

 

“Baekhyun.” His thoughts were interrupted by Kai’s hand on his shoulder. Baekhyun looked up at him, processing what was going on. “I'm sorry you had to see that. That wasn't  even supposed to of happened…”

 

“It-it's ok. I didn't mean to make it awkward I just wasn't expecting it.” Baekhyun said, cheeks still a slight hint of pink.

 

“The only one that made it awkward was me, trust me. I just wanted to apologize ok? At least before the show started I didn't mean to make it awkward.”

 

“It's alright Kai-”

 

“Jongin.”

 

“What?”

 

“You can call me Jongin. People I'm close to call me that.”

 

“Oh.” Was all Baekhyun could say.

 

“Anyways, I'm sorry once again.” Baekhyun gave the other a laugh, startling him. “Uhm, why are you laughing?”

 

“Because, you shouldn't have to apologize to me for kissing someone. You're in all your liberty to do that. Besides, you're a single guy, a good looking single guy.”

 

Jongin laughed with the other and said, “I accept the single guy part. I'm not sure about the rest though…”

 

“Oh please!” Baekhyun said as he began to walk towards the bar, “Don't pretend like you don't know.”

 

“Hahaha! I supposed it would make me sound narcissistic.”

 

“Nothing wrong with knowing you're good looking.”

 

“Of course not. You should know that yourself right?”

 

Baekhyun turned his head to face Jongin, a bit perplexed at the sudden compliment. He gave him a wink before disappearing backstage with a smile plastered on his face. Baekhyun watched him open the door to go backstage. He grabbed a quick look of the place and saw that the Drummer was standing in front of the door, as if he had just been about to open it. Baekhyun made eye contact with him for the brief second that the door remained open, the Drummer did the same.

 

“You took like two hours in the bathroom Baek. Did you take a good dump?” Xiumin said with a raised eyebrow and a smirk before taking a sip of his sangria. “Or maybe you had an intense make out session…. with Kai.” He snickered, only to then almost choke by the slight punch that Baekhyun had thrown to his stomach.

 

“Shut up! I did neither of those for your information.” Baekhyun said with his arms crossed and a pout on his lips. “The bathroom was just….busy.”

 

“Uh-huh, right…” Xiumin said as he rolled his eyes. “Anyways, we're getting drunk tonight!”

 

“Uhm no. I have a class tomorrow and-”

 

“Shhhh.” Xiumin brought his finger to Baekhyun’s lip to quiet him down. “No buts. If I'm getting drunk then so are you.”

 

“But-”

 

“What did I say about the ‘buts’?”

 

“I don't remember you saying anything-”

 

“I said no buts! Geez Baekhyun, you're not even drunk yet.”

 

“Xiumin come on, you know we can't get drunk tonight.” Baekhyun began as he let himself be dragged by Xiumin to a stool in the bar. “Besides, what about Jongdae? I thought he didn't like you getting drunk.”

 

“Shhh. It's just you and me tonight ok? No Dae.”

 

“Whatever. I'm not drinking.”

 

Once they had both taken a seat, the bartender turned towards Baekhyun and asked him what he would like to drink. “Water is fine-”

 

“He would like a tequila friend.” Xiumin said for him with words slightly slurred. Baekhyun could tell that he was already starting to get drunk. “That's water for him tonight ok? Ok.”

 

Baekhyun turned towards the bartender apologetically before settling with the tequila. One couldn't hurt anyways.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once became three and three became seven and before Baekhyun had realized it, he was drunk.

 

“Like why would you make out in the bathroom where people can catch you….so easily?” Baekhyun asked in between hiccups. “I mean….that's like the eas….iest place to get caught.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter