05. Dammit

Let's Gogh!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The next time you decide to get drunk, you can get your damn self home."

 

 

"I never asked you for the favor..." Baekhyun mumbled as he sat down on his bed, dodging the wet towel the tall man had thrown at him after drying his own hair. Baekhyun really couldn't remember much. In fact, he couldn't remember anything. "What happened anyways? I can't really remember anything." He looked up at the taller male while rubbing his head, there was a strong pain sensation pounding his head over and over and over again, so insistent that Baekhyun could barely hear himself think.
 

"You know, you're probably the most annoying human being alive."
 

"Ouch." Baekhyun faked offense. "The real question is, why did you get...wet...as well?" He asked, mischief in his voice, as he pointed out the taller's dark wet hair.
 

The Drummer turned to look at Baekhyun with a gaze ready to kill. "Why do you have to say it like that?"
 

"I'm just asking." He said with a pout on his lips, "I mean the last thing I remember is having a drink and now I'm suddenly here on my bed, which used to be yours but not anymore just to remind you, and I don't remember a single thing of what happened whatsoever."
 

"That's not my problem. I'm leaving now."
 

"Whoa whoa whoa. What do you mean you're leaving?" The short male asked as he got up from his sitting position and stood in front of the Drummer. "Where do you even sleep?"
 

"That's none of your concern."
 

Baekhyun squinted at the other. "You're right it's not, but it is my curiosity." He said matter of factly with a raised finger at the tall male.
 

"Look here brunette, just be glad that I brought you home and didn't leave you snoring in a bar."
 

Baekhyun sighed and stepped aside, allowing the tall male to roam as he pleased. "Whatever," he mumbled, "I was going to thank you but now that I think about it I don't want to."
 

"Whatever." The taller began to open the door but was stopped by the shorter's voice yet again.
 

"Can you just tell me what happened?"
 

"N-nothing happened." Chanyeol said, hesitation slowly crawling into his voice.

 

 

“I don’t understand why you can’t just tell me.”
 

The taller turned around to face Baekhyun who had stomped his foot as if he were a child. “Stop being so annoying about it. I brought you home because clearly you can’t handle alcohol,” Baekhyun opened his mouth in objection but as fast as he had opened it closed it in fear of the gaze that Chanyeol threw at him, “and you were passed out on the bar with your friend who, by the way, is probably a worst drunk than you are. And now, you’re here in your room safe and sound thanks to me. Oh and you’re also sober because I also managed to fix that for you. So, Mr. Byun, please if you have any more questions don’t be afraid to ask them, I haven’t had a terrible night whatsoever.” The taller’s tone was was screaming sarcasm all over
 

Baekhyun was speechless to say the least and so decided to keep his mouth shut rather than continue to pester the Drummer about the events of the night. In truth, he had not expected the Drummer to be so grumpy about it. There was something in his gaze that told Baekhyun that there was something more to it, something that the taller did not want to share. Nevertheless, he simply mumbled a thank you to the Drummer and went back to sitting down on his bed, letting the other slip away from his presence before he could say anything in objection.
















“He was definitely being super weird.” Baekhyun squinted, facing forward as he walked side to side with Xiumin. “I mean clearly something else happened and he didn’t want to tell me about it.” He said as he continued to ponder, finger continuously tapping his lips as if he would soon catch on to what had really happened. “Ah!”

 

“What?” Xiumin asked, surprised at the sudden yelp from his friend.

 

Baekhyun had his hands placed around his chest, hugging himself, and whispered to Xiumin. “You don’t think he….he….he-“

 

“He what?” Xiumin softly slapped him, impatient to know what Baekhyun had remembered.

 

“You don’t think he touched me, inappropriately do you?”

 

“Baekhyun!” Xiumin slapped Baekhyun’s hands once again, making them fall to his side, “Chanyeol would never do that.”

 

“Chanyeol would never do what?” Jongdae asked, suddenly joining in the conversation.

 

“Nothing.” Xiumin deadpanned. “Right Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun softly glared at his best friend before sighing and saying, “Right.”

 

Jongdae looked at them, curiosity creeping into his eyes but didn’t press the subject any further. “Well anyways, can I borrow Xiumin for a sec Baek?”

 

“He’s your boyfriend not mine.” Baekhyun sassily said.

 

“R-right.” Jongdae stuttered out. “Always with an attitude.”

 

“Sorry Jongdae.”

 

“It’s fine,” He softly said before turning to face his boyfriend, “Xiumin can I talk to you alone?”

 

“Sure.” Xiumin said with slight hesitation. Baekhyun watched as Jongdae dragged his best friend off to a near café. He was sure there was something bad going on with their relationship. Xiumin had been acting weird recently and Baekhyun knew that he was being a terrible friend for not even bothering to figure out what was going on. He turned back to face the café to make sure that his two friends were ok. They had walked into the café where Xiumin worked at and had decided to order something, Baekhyun assumed a drink.

He watched as Jongdae grabbed Xiumin’s hand and for a split second he saw his best friend go tense at the sudden contact. He assumed Xiumin knew that he was watching them and so decided to not remove Jongdae’s hand from his own. Baekhyun knew that no matter how much pain Xiumin was in, he would never let the people he cared about worry about him. And that bothered Baekhyun. He had confided in Xiumin with his problems all the time and while he had tried his best to make Xiumin feel like he was trustworthy, he had never once spoken to him about his problems. But Baekhyun knew that it wasn’t because he didn’t trust him, but instead because he did not want to worry others with his problems.

Baekhyun sighed, feeling completely useless because he could not do anything to make his best friend feel better. Instead he allowed them both to feel more at ease and so decided to leave them be, hoping that they could solve their problems.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was Saturday and Baekhyun had no classes to attend to. He had intended to enjoy the day with Xiumin, but now that was not an option. “I really should start making more friends.” He mumbled to himself as he kicked a rock with his right foot. He could go to the movies but how pitiful would he look walking into a theater by himself? Very. “Aish. What’s wrong with going to the movies by yourself anyways? People watch movies by themselves all the time at home.” He said, annoyed by the standards of society.

 

“I completely agree.” A sudden voice filled his ears. He turned towards where the source of the voice had come from and was met by Kai who was smiling at him. “Society expects too much.” Baekhyun was embarrassed to say the least. He had just shown how unpopular he was to one of the most popular students in the school. He opened his mouth in an attempt to say something but then closed it, having no words to spit out nor any courage. Kai laughed at the other’s red cheeks. “Are you embarrassed?” He asked, teasingly.

 

“Most definitely not.” Baekhyun said in an attempt to defend his pride. He turned away from Kai and continued to walk, hoping that the other would not follow him. To his luck though, Kai did follow him.

 

“It’s ok if you are.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“If you say so.” Kai playfully said. He was walking side to side with Baekhyun without asking for the other’s consent. “Where are you going?” He asked after a couple of minutes of silent walking.

 

“Nowhere in particular.”

 

“How mysterious.” Kai said. He gazed at the brunette boy walking right next to him and was mesmerized by his beauty. Kai was not the type to fall for someone as quickly as he had fallen for Baekhyun. The boy had something in him that he could not quite place his finger on. All that Kai knew was that every time he approached the smaller, his heart would start beating like crazy and his palms would start sweating like they never had before. But then again, what did he know about falling for someone? Nothing. He was the kind to do one night stands and never bother with the same person twice. Yet he had remembered Baekhyun repeatedly and wanted to see him and hold him and kiss him and love him and do everything with him. It was a weird and new feeling to him. He wondered how it was possible for him to feel these various emotions at the same time for only one person.

 

“You know, maybe we should go to the movies.” Baekhyun said, nonchalantly and not noticing the effect those couple of words had on the boy standing right next to him. “I mean that is of course if you have no plans. Which you probably do so I guess that was actually a stupid suggestion-“

 

“It’s fine Baekhyun.” Kai laughed at the wordiness of the other. “I have no plans for today.”

 

“Are you sure? You seem like the type that always has something to do.”

 

“Heh. You’d be surprised at all the free time I have.”

 

“Well then, let’s go.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It hadn’t turned out as Baekhyun expected it. He didn’t know why he was sitting next to the Drummer rather than Kai, nor why Kai had suddenly ditched him. “Uhm, would you like some popcorn?” He awkwardly asked as he held up the popcorn bucket so that the taller male could reach it.

 

“No.”

 

“Ok.” And with that he knew that this would be a long movie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He had reached the movie theater with Kai faster tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter