03. You're my roommate?!

Let's Gogh!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun asked as he gave the drummer a look that screamed confusion.

 

“What do you mean?” The taller asked as he leaned sideways on the doorway. He was wearing a Nike running jacket that was black from the waist up and gray on the way down. The zippers were a bright green color that contrasted with the darkness of the jacket itself. The Drummer also sported tight black running leggings that clearly defined the outline of his lower body. It was obvious to anyone who took the time to stare that the Drummer constantly worked out. His body was glorious and Baekhyun couldn’t resists the urge to look, he truly was a masterpiece.

 

“I asked you a question.” The Drummer said as he raised his right eyebrow.

 

Baekhyun blushed at the realization that he had been gawking at the other’s body. He cleared his throat before saying, “I don’t think there’s any other meaning to ‘what are you doing here’ now is there? No, there isn’t.

 

“I live here.” The Drummer simply stated. He took the liberty to walk inside the dormitory that Baekhyun had previously attempted to decorate. The giant walked to the bed that Baekhyun had been sleeping in and sat down on it. “I see that you’ve taken a liking to my bed.” He mocked.

 

Baekhyun scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Well, in my defense, I didn’t exactly know who it belonged to.” He said as he turned to face the other with his arms crossed. “Especially considering the fact that my supposed roommate hasn’t had the decency to introduce himself.”

 

“Well, here I am.” The Drummer said as he faked enthusiasm, clearly not caring about what the other had said. He had taken both his shoes off already and had placed them under his bed. That’s when Baekhyun noticed that there were multiple other shoes under there.

 

He dropped to his knees and looked under the bed, clearly just now realizing that there had been shoes under that bed. “Have those been there since day one?”

 

The Drummer proceeded to also look under his bed and said, “Yeah.”

 

Baekhyun turned to face the Drummer again, unamused at the fact that he had decided to show up just now. “You know you could’ve like left a note or something?”

 

“About what?”

 

“Oh, I don’t know maybe about the fact that... you’re my roommate?!” He exclaimed as he crossed his arms once again, an angry pout forming on his lips.

 

“I don’t see why it matters so much. Besides, you can’t really complain about having me as a roommate.”

 

Baekhyun scoffed as he rolled his eyes. “Really? And why is that?”

 

“Because I won’t really be here most of the time.”

 

“And that’s a good thing?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Sure.” Baekhyun said as he watched the other take off his jacket and place it in the dirty laundry basket. “We should make rules.” He suddenly said.

 

“Rules?”

 

“Yeah you know, those things that say what you can or can’t do-”

 

“I know what they are Baekhyun.”

 

“Would you look at that? You remembered my name.”

 

“I don’t think I would forget the name of somebody who followed me.” He said nonchalantly.

 

“I did not follow you!” Baekhyun defensively said. “You dragged me along with you, remember?”

 

“Nope.” The other said as he walked to one of the drawers that was next to the desk. Inside of them were clothes that Baekhyun had not previously noticed were there.

 

“Whatever…. I think the first one should be that I get the bigger bed.”

 

The taller male turned around to face Baekhyun and said, “You know they’re both the same size right?”

 

“Yours seems bigger to me.” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

The other laughed at the childness of the other. “You can have it then, I don’t really care.”

 

“Really?” Baekhyun asked as his eyes shone brighter than the stars.

 

“Yeah. Are there any other rules you think we should have?”

 

“Uhm…” He placed his index finger on his lips, “I don’t know…” He placed his left hand on his hip, “I can’t think of any other ones.”

 

“Good.” The taller mumbled.

 

“I heard that.” Baekhyun said as he walked over to the bed he was about to bid farewell to.  “I have a question to ask you.”

 

“Is it about that painting again? Because I already told you-”

 

“It’s not about that.” Baekhyun said as he watched the other look through his clothes.

 

“Ok then go ahead.”

 

“If you don’t shower here, do your homework here, or even sleep here, then where do you?”

 

“It doesn’t really matter.” The Drummer said as he lifted up a shirt in the air to get a better view of it.

 

“Geez. You seriously don’t talk more than you need to.”

 

“And you more than you need to.”

 

“Whatever.” Baekhyun mumbled as he rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

The Drummer had seemed to finally have found clothes to wear and so had locked himself in the bathroom. Baekhyun could tell that he was showering because he could hear the water running. He was honestly still in a bit of shock after finding out that his mysterious roommate was no other than Park Chanyeol. Although he wasn’t entirely happy of finding out who his roommate actually was, he was more than glad that the Drummer had allowed him to have his bed. Baekhyun of course had priorities and getting that bed had been one of them. His thoughts though were interrupted by Xiumin who had suddenly barged inside the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It truly was an awkward situation considering the fact that as soon as Xiumin had walked in, the Drummer had walked out of the bathroom, towel placed on his torso and water droplets running down his bare built chest.

 

“Uhm Baekhyun,” Xiumin cleared his throat, “Can I uh, have a word with you?” He squeaked, “Outside?”

 

Baekhyun complied with the request and quickly made his way to his best friend. Xiumin quickly hurried him outside and closed the door behind him.

 

“What is the Park Chanyeol doing in your room, ?!”

 

“It's not what you think Xiumin.” Baekhyun calmly said.

 

“It looks like you just slept with him Baekhyun!” Xiumin said in a low rushed whisper.

 

They were in an awkward position adhering to the wall with their knees bent and their bodies close together, as if they feared of being found out doing something bad. To anyone walking their way it would've seemed as if the two boys were involved in a drug deal.

 

“No! I did not sleep with him!”

 

“Shhhh!”

 

“Well,” Baekhyun began in an annoyed whisper, “I didn't sleep with him! He just happened to be walking out of the shower at the exact moment that you walked, nevermind, barged in.”

 

“I'm sorry geez but I didn't exactly expect to see a Chanyeol. And besides, that only explains why he was , not why he was in your room.”

 

Baekhyun groaned at the other. “Xiumin! I did not sleep with him!”

 

“The more you keep saying it, the more it seems like you did…” Xiumin said, mocking Baekhyun.

 

“Ugh! Look he just happened to be my roo-”

 

“Ahem.” The tall male loudly said as he slammed the door open. He caught them. Hands placed on their knees, bodies close together, harshly whispering to each other, and looking up at him, as if they had just been doing the unspeakable. “I would appreciate it if you wouldn't talk about me behind closed doors, literally. Or even worse, make it so loud that I can hear you through the door.”

 

The Drummer had spoken calmly, but Baekhyun could tell by the way his eyes were twitching that he was angry. He visibly gulped and his face immediately turned red. The Drummer had that effect on him and he didn't know why, but he didn't like it.

 

The two boys quickly straightened themselves and faced the taller who seemed to be looming over them. Xiumin was the first to talk. “I gotta go.”

 

“Xiumin!”

 

“Bye!” The small man said as he dashed to his room upstairs.

 

“Jerk.” Baekhyun whispered under his breath.

 

“Well?”

 

“Well what?” Baekhyun asked, trying to build up all the courage he could.

 

“What were you two saying about me?”

 

“Nothing important.”

 

“Anything that's said about me is important.”

 

Baekhyun scoffed at the others comment. “You know, for someone who's loved by everyone, you're not very lovable.”

 

“That's just your opinion.” The taller grumbled.

 

“Which is very important.” Baekhyun pointed out. “Besides, earlier you were complaining about how you could hear everything we said and now you're asking me what we were talking about.” Baekhyun said as he avoided eye contact at all costs.

 

The giant scoffed as he said. “Well, most of it.”

 

“Whatever Drummer.” Baekhyun said as he softly pushed Chanyeol to the side so he could enter his room. Chanyeol complied with the action and closed the door behind him after they had both entered their dorm.

 

“I wasn't done talking.”

 

“I was.” Baekhyun said with sass.

 

“Also, you know I have a name right?” Chanyeol asked, ignoring the smaller’s previous comment.

 

“Trust me, I know.”

 

“Then why do you keep calling me Drummer?” Chanyeol asked as he watched Baekhyun plop down on his new bed.

 

“Well, it's what you are isn't it?”

 

“Well yes but-”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“I call you Baekhyun so you should call me Chanyeol. It's what normal people do.” The taller said as he walked in front of the small man. He stopped, crouched down, and placed his face right in front of Baekhyun’s, close enough that he could feel his breathing. “But, you're not normal are you Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun’s face turned red because of the close proximity of the others face. He quickly turned his body to the right to avoid eye contact with the tall man who had decided to place their faces at the same level. He heard the other laugh, possibly at him. “Don't laugh at me!” Baekhyun pouted.

 

“Your face... is so...red” Chanyeol said in between breaths.

 

“Hmph.” Baekhyun crossed his arms as he watched the giant laugh his off. But, he had to admit that he looked good. It also gave Baekhyun a sort of pride to see this side of the Drummer instead of the face that everyone saw, a face full of mystery. This side of the Drummer Baekhyun had to admit, was a lot better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the said incident, Baekhyun had not seen the Drummer in their dorm. The only place where he had seen him was in class. Occasionally they stole glances at each other, but nothing more. It was strange Baekhyun thought, how different the Drummer looked and acted when he was in public than when he was in the comfort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter