Chapter 5: Enrollment

Eomma J²

Aaaaah! Feels good to be back! I finally manage to finish this chapter ! (ノД`) I've been busy like I said in the last chapter and only now manage to update this story. I write everything in the car, using my phone. And I only skim it a little. This story is unbetaed so please be patient with the mistakes and all. Hope you enjoy this chapter! Ft. Jeongcheol~ ̄ω ̄ (Aish... I CAN'T FIND THE LINE BEAR WITH ME) 

***************************

Jeonghan had been really nervous. He tried to comfort himself, saying that it was going to be alright since everything was ready. The documents was all settled, tucked away in nine separate files each of his nine children minus the youngest. It had been a week since he settled down in the new place and while everything had gone in smoothly, he still hasn't got into the hard phase yet. It was still school break when he moved in, which was a good thing so that he don't have to deal with school related stuffs while still busy getting used to the neighbourhood. 

His kids are going to school... 

After checking that each of the children's bags were filled with books for the umpteenth times, he settled on the couch in the living room, letting his thoughts roam wild. Jun, Hoshi, Wonwoo and Jihoon, being of the same age, would be enrolled in their first year of primary school. Since they already have experiences with kindergarten, Jeonghan worry less about them. Besides, they would be in the same class and Jihoon was so reliable he knew that kid could take care of his brothers. The others however, made his stomach flip in the worst way possible. Those 5 years olds, although already gone through a year in kindergarten, never got used to it. Well, Minghao did better than his brothers of the same age but his sharp tongue always got him in trouble with his peers and he feared that too. While Seungkwan and Hansol... There were no way to describe how he felt about them going to the kindergarten for the first time. Together.

Oh well... Its no use worrying too much. It'll just tire him up. So Jeonghan opt to stop thinking (finally!) and went to bed. 

***
"We'll be okay, eomma! Don't worry!" Hansol had said with a confident smile on his face, small fingers curled and placed on his hips while his chest puffed out. Seungkwan nodded, not even less enthusiastic than his brother. They were both excited about their first day of school, which somehow cause the blond guy to be more worried than he did the day before. Of course, he won't let it show. 

"I know you'll be okay. But... Are you sure you don't want me to wait...?" Jeonghan asked again, uncertain when the two decided that they can go through the day without him around. Besides, they've got each other's back, which made him even more nervous. If fighting Hansol and Seungkwan was a headache, having them getting along in something always meant trouble. It stood true to his other kids too though. 

The class was about to start and the place was already filled with toddlers, some eager to got through the new experience while most are sobbing, wanting to go home. Two children wails, giving their parents a hard time, forcing them to stay back. Maybe if they acted like that, Hansol and Seungkwan, maybe he would be more at ease. Not that he's a sadist who loved seeing his boys cry; maybe at times when they're playing games (curse his young, hot blood), but so that he could be of more use, a reminder that young as he is, he did make a good guardian. 

Worrying his bottom lips with his perfect, white teeth, he risked looking into their big, innocent eyes, all shining with determination and bravery as if to tell him that yes, its okay to leave although there were hint on tears at the edge of Seungkwan's eyes. Pulling them into a last hug, heart always blooming when they responded by wrapping their own hands around him, he repeat the words he had been saying since last week. 

"Listen to your teacher. Use honourific. Be polite and kind to everyone. Don't forget to eat. Don't cause any trouble. Don't-" There were still more things he wanted to say but he willed himself to stop. This is not the first time he's witnessing his child's first day of school and it won't be his last either. There was still little Chan left. So why did it always overwhelm him? A soft sigh escaped his lips as he pushed both boys gently, putting some distance between them. Pressing a kiss to each of their forheads, he wished them the best for their first day. Something hot stung in his eyes when they peck his cheeks at the same time as they giggled. Don't you dare cry...  He scold himself. 

Pushing himself up, he left them in the care of their pretty teacher who sent him a reassuring smile before turning back and walked out the gate, trying not to turned back. 

***

He ran his slender fingers through his blond locks, a futile attempt to somehow clear his messed up mind. It reminded him of the yarn back in his grandmother's house, all tangled up under the unforgiving paws of her fat, grumpy cat. He tugged at the strands of his hair just like when he tried to fix the thread back, to roll it into a perfect little ball but all it ever did was tangle up more. He's hopeless under the thought of his precious children. Hoping that he won't snap like the yarn when he pulled with too much force, because he was still a young adult, still have a soul that yearn for a free life yet stuck with the responsible of caring for 10 kids and stop. Please stop. 

Pushing himself away from the desk, he leaned his head backward, eyes staring at the white ceiling of his new home (still felt new even after a month) and relaxed because that's what he needed now. No more overthinking. No more wondering if they made it in school, in a new environment with new schoolmates and new teachers. No more. 

"Jeonghan? Why didn't you pick up your phone?" The door to his work room opened, a tall figure stood, blocking the light outside from entering the room. He don't even flinch, still in that position, staring upwards only that his focus was now on the man instead of his useless worried mind. "Got lots on my mind. You know... The usual stuff... " Jeonghan answered, voice softer than it already was.

Footsteps went towards him, the sound grew clearer before a face dominate his sight. Seungcheol in a cap which hid his unruly, black locks that he don't bother styling, crease evident between his thick eyebrows and frown which tugged his lips downwards. It was always obvious when he's worried. And Jeonghan felt guilty about that although he never showed it. 

"How's the delivery?" He asked, getting into business as he tried to avoid the conversation about his unhealthy over thinking habit. 

"Done. Are there more?" Seungcheol played along. They have time to talk about it later. 

Jeonghan hummed and lift his head back, almost bumping into his best friend if not for the other's reflex. He took the notebook beside the keyboard and skimmed at the page scribbled with his messy writing. A striking contrast to his looks to Seungcheol's amusement. 

"Well... The new product is popular nowadays. We've got so many pre-orders. Most are COD. Some through posts." He said simply, a smile formed on his face at the sound of groaning behind him. COD means a lot of delivery. Unlike posts where he just makes a one way trip to the post office. Oh well, sacrifice is needed if they want the business to be successful. He needed it. Online business is the only way he could think about to gain money without leaving his house. He was really thankful that Seungcheol was more than willing to be his partner. 

"Think of the money, bro. Let it be your motivation." Jeonghan said jokingly, earning a scoffed from the other. "Unfortunately, I'm not as materialistic as you." He retorted good naturedly, knowing that it would take more than that to offend his friend. 

***

"I'm sure everything is alright." Seungcheol said, trying to ease his friend. 

"Yeah. I'm sure everything is alright. That's why my boy is involved in a FIGHT." Jeonghan bite back, voice clearly controlled so that he won't shout in distress. His knuckles were white as he gripped them tightly. It was almost afternoon. Only an hour left before the class end. One fricking hour...  And they had to cause trouble. No wonder he's been worried sick (Not that it was better with the previous kids, and nothing happened to them), it was the motherly instinct he possessed telling him something will go wrong. 

A pressure was felt on his skin at the base of his neck, successfully easing him even if its just a little. He glanced at the passenger sit where Seungcheol sat, focused on the road, one hand on the steering wheel while the other stretched to him, gently giving him a massage. "Calm down. I'm sure its nothing. Maybe they're just fighting over some toys. Not really fight, you know, involving fist and all." Jeonghan's tense stature began to falter, shoulder dropped a little as the words register in his head. Oh yeah... Maybe he's thinking too much again. The teacher didn't mention about fights. Just that he need to go to the kindergarten ASAP because of some problem. 

"I swear I don't know what will happen to me if you're not here, Cheol..." He gratefully said, lips quirk up a little when he tried to smile. The other male grinned, hand back to the steering wheel. 

"No problem. You know I'm here for you. Me and Joshua. We'll support your decision doesn't matter how ridiculous they are." Jeonghan laughed at that because it was a lie. The only ridiculous thing they agrees for is when he said he wanted to adopt those kids. The others... They were mostly got dragged into it because, who can deny Yoon Jeonghan, the devil in angel suit anyway? He knew he had his charm and not afraid to use it. 

In the midst of the conversation, they arrived at the kindergarten without realising. The blond had calm down completely along the way thanks to Seungcheol. They quickly got off the SUV they're on and made their way inside. 

"A-are you... Hansol and Seungkwan's... E-eomma?" The same teacher that took his boys that morning asked awkwardly, weird out by the call when Jeonghan is obviously a guy (not obviously at first glance but his voice and shoulder gave him away) . Already used to the situation, he nodded, a worried smile on his face. 

"O-oh... So you're the... Appa...?" She turned her gaze towards Seungcheol, her awkwardness made both male uncomfortable but they hid it. The older male's cheeks dusted light pink when the teacher completely got the wring idea while Jeonghan just chuckled, not even affected. Again, it was not something rare for people to assume that they're in a relationship but Seungcheol still can't get used to it the way his best friend did. A few sputtered words later after denying their non-existing romantic relationship, only then they were enlighten with what happened. 

The kids fought with their classmate. It was innocent at first. The usual arguing over a toy called Blub Blib from a famous local cartoon which escalated into pulling competition and did not end with the toy broke into two. Apparently, Seungkwan really loved the toy and started crying, threatening to tell his eomma about the bad kid. That kid got scared and threw the broken part towards the weeping boy, resulting in a small wound on his cheek. Hansol, all peace loving and kind, grew overprotective of his brother and started charging towards the boy, pulling his hair and punching him in the face. Jeonghan wondered where the teacher was during the whole ordeal but waited until the story ended.

Still crying Seungkwan already clung onto his legs, a Blub Blib-themed plaster on his wound. Hansol stood beside his brother, head hung low in shame because he had broke his promise. Bad boy, he thought of himself. The boy's parents are also there, inconveniently defending their child and trying to put all the blame on Hansol. True, he did hurt their child quite hard but this would not happen if the boy didn't throw the toy and hurt his Seungkwan. He hated losing and he was savage, the combination of those two left those stupid parents tongue-tied. They had the audacity to bring up Jeonhan's uality after seeing him with Seungcheol and admitted as the boys' mother and boy, how silly of them to push that button. Homophobic motherf***ers... He had call them, uncaring of the innocent ears tainted by his curse. The teacher was not happy with his choice of words too but remain as useless as she was when the fight started. Not that Jeonghan hated her or something. No. It was just that she's supposed to be able to at least control them before the fight started. 

Seungkwan was happily his chocolate ice cream while Hansol stared out the window the entire ride. Jeonghan had made it clear that he's not mad but the boy was still upset. He hated fighting. The squabbles he had with his brothers were nothing but a way of bonding but this fight was an entirely different thing. It was real, based on pure hatred (as much a as a child able to feel), and being the angelic, innocent little boy he always is, the thought scare him. 

"Let's make your favourite dish for dinner, okay, Hansol? You've been a good brother standing up to your sibling like that. Eomma is so proud of you." Jeonghan still haven't give up to get the smile back to his child's face. 

"You can have some of my ice cream too. Just a little, okay?" Seungkwan also offered, placing the treat near his brother's face, waiting patiently fee or his offer to be accepted. Hansol, unaffected at first, finally gave up and turned to the boy by his side. Wrapping his hand around Seungkwan's to keep the ice cream still, he took quite a big bite out of it. The older yelled disapprovingly while the younger just laughed. 

"See? Told ya to stop worrying." Seungcheol whispered from his seat at the driver's side, a smug look on his face. Jeonghan didn't hold back when he smack his friend's arm with a loud sound. 

The sound of the blond's phone caused silence to settle itself in the SUV. Seeing an unknown number calling, he frowned before answering. 

"Hello? Yes, Yoon Jeonghan speaking."

A frown formed.

"Woozi?"

Then a look of confusion.

"Music class?"

After that his face shifted to terrified. 

"GUITAR?!"

Seungcheol almost lost his control when his friend screamed into his phone, the two boys at the back just watched with curiosity. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE USES HIS GUITAR TO HIT HIS FRIEND ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!!" 

***

"Tough day?" Jin asked his exhausted looking neighbour, pushing a cup of coffee towards him. 

"Hellish. Unbelievably Hellish." Was Jeonghan's only respond before he gulped at the still steaming coffee, ignoring the horror look on the eldest face. 

With caffeine in his body, he started talking about his fears and worries for Seungkwan and Hansol. How he can't concentrate on his work and finally got the call about the fight. How he had to argue with what he call the most foolish parents of all time and consoling Hansol. 

"I can't believe I'll got another call from the principal. He almost beats his friend with a fricking guitar! What was he thinking?! And we don't get to finish our work today. Ugh... There'll be a lot to do tomorrow. And school just starts... Why am I more exhausted than the kids...?" His rambling slowly turned into whining as he leaned back, hand massaging his face. Jin only laughed and shook his head, not mockingly but because he understood what he's experiencing. 

"It'll get better. Besides, that might be a karma for before." Even in offering comfort, he can't help but sarcastically adding some salt by hinting about his last birthday. Jeonghan grunted, mumbling something like "I can't believe you still hold your grudge," and got a "Of course. I'll never forget those who betrays me, the most respectful Empress Kim Seokjin.".

"I'll pretend that I didn't hear you say empress just now, hyung. " Jeonghan retorted and got a smack on his thigh for that. 

"Its late. I'll be going. Take care."

"Alright hyung. You too... "

And with that, Jin left the house and back to his own home, ending his daily evening visit to Yoon's household.