Chapter 1: New Neighbour

Eomma J²

It was a week ago when Jin realized the vacant house just across his has got visitors. The first time was from the landlord along with a very beautiful guy; the future owner, as he heard, maybe looking at the place first before they came into agreement. A day after that, he saw a small lorry came with some furniture in it, which he guess belonged to that previous guy he saw. And the same thing happened the next day as the lorry came again and the workers unloading the cabinets and sofa inside. But he never saw that pretty male ever again until the end of the week.

 

Its not that Jin didn't like the idea of having a new neighbor but the previous owner was enough to make him rather pessimist about having a one. He still remembered how they always complained about his children being too noisy. What did they expect from kids anyway? The most heartbreaking thing was that they said he was a terrible father (or mother as his children view him) and threw homophobic insults towards him just because he's a guy with a maternal instinct and the fact that Namjoon always dropped by to help him. It was a relieve when those idiotic couple had to move somewhere else, rendering his world peaceful again.

 

Now, to say he's not excited to meet his new neighbour is an understatement. He's got some speculations about the person too; someone who seemed to be younger than him who was probably still not married if not single, moving into a house which was bigger than Jin's  with his five children, that person was either really rich, getting ready to get married or move in with his girlfriend or maybe he was like Jin himself, a single 'mother' with many kids. Of course, he quickly diminished the latter thought, deeming it to be impossible based on how normal people would react to child care especially when they are that young. For now, he just hoped that the person would be nice, and if nor, would just leave him alone.

 


 

Chubby fingers shaking as it tried to reach the bell. It was too high even with the child tiptoed on his feet. "Just a... Little bit more..." He said, trying hard to balance himself so that he won't fall along with the steamy buns which he held in his other hand. He must deliver the container filled with tasty treat without fail or his hyung would laugh at him and his eomma would feel disappointed although he won't say it.

 

"Ya! What's taking you so long?" A voice said from behind, startling him and caused him to lose balance. If its not because of the hands that held him from falling, he might will drop the buns too. Despite being saved, he quickly regained his footing and turned around, a cute pout on his face. "I could have ring the bell if its not because of you!" He lashed out, frowning with his hand on his hip. 

 

"Oh, yeah? I can only see that you are too short to even reach the surface of the bell. Let alone press it." The other argued back and stuck out his tongue.

 

"Hey! What do you-" Without finishing his words, the other silently went up to the door and rang the bell easily although he, too, need to stand on his toes. He just watched with mouth opened, can't believe that he lose in the argument just now. And to the fact that he was shorter.

 

A shuffling was heard behind the door before it was opened. A tall man with really handsome face and gentle smile stood there, looking at them. "Yes? Is there anything I can help you with?" The stranger bowed down so that he was almost at the same eye level with the kids before him and asked kindly.

 

"Uh... Mommy tells me to give this... W-we just move in there..." The boy with the treat said shyly while holding out the container. Seokjin nodded, his eyes gazed towards the direction the boy was pointing. 'Kids...?' With his sharp eyes (due to keeping careful watch on his hyper children) he could see some other kids walking towards the other neighbours with the same container in their small hands.

 

The male took the container, thanking them. "What's your name?" He asked out of curiosity.

 

"Boo Seungkwan." The boy answered with a smile, appeared to be more relaxed now. 

 

"I see... Why didn't you mommy deliver this herself?" He asked again.

 

"Mommy is tired after driving. Then he cleaned the house and baked these for the neighbours. So, we offered to help!" The kid answered proudly, grinning ear to ear.

 

Jin couldn't help but chuckled at the cute child and ruffled his hair. "You're such a good kid. Thank you then. Be careful on your way home~" He then stood up, waving as Seungkwan ran back to his house along with his brother, bickering all the way there.

 

Closing the door, the handsome male walked back in and entered the kitchen. He looked at the container which has a post it note on it. A neat handwriting said:

 

I'll be holding a barbeque party tomorrow starting at 4 pm. Hope you'll come.

                                                                  Your new neighbour,

                                                                       Yoon Jeonghan

 

He just shrugged after reading it and left the container on the kitchen counter, already moving to do his daily work which was cleaning up his messy apartment although his mind was still on his new neighbour and the children. 'Is he the same too...?'. Soon enough though, he managed to forget all about when tiny footsteps started running down the stairs from the second floor.

 

"Hobie, Chimchim! Stop running or you'll fall!" He shouted without even looking. The fast footsteps slowed down and he could hear the giggling came from his own precious child. 

 

"Our new neighbour sends some buns. So hurry up and clean your hand if you want to eat them." He said, showing them the food and chuckled when they quickly made their way towards the sink. He watched fondly when the five little boys playfully pushed each other to clean their hands first. 

 

When they were all seated and started enjoying their breakfast, Jin broke the news to them. "We'll be going to our new neighbour's house tomorrow so I want all of you to be on your best behaviour. And try to be friends with the children them, okay?" He smiled proudly when they nodded their head in agreement and started talking about how cool it is to make new friends. Secretly, he was also looking forward to get to know his neighbour which started to catch his interest.