6. The "Elites"

Production of love

6

"You make sure you call me ok? every day!  not once a week and don't you even dare try calling me once a month! so how many time are you going to call me?"

"Every day I know mum, I know"

"I can't believe this day has come, My only daughter leaving me"

"I'm gonna miss you mum" I told her as she pulled me into one of her deadly hugs. We stayed like that for a while, I breathed in her smell, the scent I could recognise for miles. My mother had always smelt of that warm coffee smell, mostly due to all the coffee she consumes but for me it was still comforting. Although this little moment of ours wasn't for long.

"Thank God your finally leaving!" Josh shouted, by the door fully dresses and looking a lot more smart than usual.

"Joshua!"

"Sorry" he said with the hint of sarcasm. "Anyways gotta go, I have an interview today"

"You have an interview? Yh right"

"Actually I do and if you'll excuse me I'm gonna be late" Rushing past us towards his car.

"Aren't you going to say bye to your sister?" By now you could tell mother's patience was slowly evaporating away. Her jaws became tight and her eyes darted arrows towards Joshua causing him to freeze at his car; Slowing making his way back towards us.

“I guess I’ll see you then Jin, I’ll miss you ever so much!” Sarcasm radiating off of him as he squeezed me with a hug, which knowing Joshua had the purpose of pain more than of actually brotherly affection.

“I’ll certainly miss you too" I choked, slipping out of his strong arms.

“I really need to go now”

We watched Joshua speed off down the street and for sure the screech of his engine would have not only woke up everyone on the street but the entire damn country. Seriously I don’t even know why I’m related to him when most of our times spent together is us arguing and if where not arguing were just ignoring each other, In fact call yourself lucky if you even manage to see me and him in the same room not fighting one another.

“Your brother’s been acting really weird lately, you have any clue why?” Mom said as she nodded her head with disapproval. “I mean I know you two don’t exactly get along but For him to just leave like that, I have no words”

“Mom it’s no biggie, but I think I  need to get going now and you need to get ready for work” She didn’t respond, instead she just sighed before pulling up a smile and giving me a quick hug.

“You take care ok, I’ll miss you”

“I’ll miss you too mum” I took one last look at mom before submerging into my own car off to live another part of my life.

***

…..103,104.105 and finally I made it. I’m seriously rethinking this whole dorm situation, Like am I really bothered in walking 105 steps each and every day especially with probably spending the whole dancing and stretching, I really should have thought about this before signing those papers.

As I got to my dorm, the door was already open and I swore I closed it the other day because I specifically remember becoming very OCD about whether the door was closed or not and when I left it was closed… or was it?

Peeking through, there was a girl laying on the other bed with most of her face covered by a book. ‘Um, Hello?” I said causing her to look straight up with shock written all across her face. “Sorry” I said as an automatic response.

“No, it’s…it’s um it’s fine” She stuttered, Getting up from her bed and straightening out her clothes. “I’m Lee Jieun, and I’m your new roommate” Giving out her hand.

“I’m Jinri but people call me Jin and so can you” I told her, shaking her hand and offering a smile to her. “Um, I thought you were coming in a few week?” I placed my suitcase on the floor and began taking out my clothes before dumping it all back into the tiniest closet of mankind.

“Yh that was the plan, but Dad got transferred early so now I’m here. That's ok with you right?”

“No no its fine I just wasn’t expecting anyone. So you gave me a hell of a shock seeing another  girl in my new room” I told her, we both sat on our own beds in silence for a while before she got back to reading her book. 'The last dance'  sounds familiar maybe Krystal's read it.

"What book are you reading?" I asked trying to start up a conversation.

"Oh this, it's nothing"

"Right, So what are you studying here? like music? acting?dance..."

"I'm doing play write and music, I play many instrument you see, Dad always said it was important to be ahead of the pact" She talked while she fiddled with her fingers. She didn't look up at me instead she kept her eyes down. I felt my phone vibrate and a message lit up; It was from Steph.

"I'm going down to meet my friend, you want to come?" I asked her. It took her a minute to think about it when she slowly agreed and followed me out the door.

"Just know that I..I um I'm not too great when it comes to um meeting new people" She said stuttering as she said those words causing me to nod in understanding as we made our way out

***

"Jinri over here" Steph shouted as she waved her hands to catch my attention. she was wearing a cute summer dress which went up to her knee and had a on a cardigan. Over the past few days to knowing Steph I've noticed that she had a very girly, cute style to her clothes. A much different approach compared to others girls parading their butts all over the place.

"Hey Steph this is my roommate Jieun"

"Hi" She said shaking her hand with Jieun's "Anyway AHHH!"

"What's up?" I asked as I watched her squealing with what seemed like happiness but I may have been mistaken. Waiting for her to complete her little spazzing moment until she finally looked back up to me.

"I haven't seen so many hot guys in my entire life, Like I mean they could either become a distraction or my motivation in life; either way I'm still going to enjoy the view" she said checking out a boy as he walked past.

"Steph really? You're unbelievable"

"What? Come on don't tell me you haven't been making googly eyes on Andrew yet, Like I can just sense the tension radiating between the two of you the other day, And believe me I swear the whole canteen was too!"

"Come on Jieun let's just leave Steph here while fantasises about her many 'boyfriends'"  I said before moving away to the nearby bench.

"Heeyyy! They're not my boyfriends... yet" Steph pointed out and a little snicker came out of Jieun who had kept herself silent this whole time. "See Jieun understands me"

"No she's only laughing cause of how weird you are..." I trailed off as from the distance I once again noticed the same group from yesterday this time there was less of them but yet again the girl with the long black locks was preoccupied.

"That's the "Elite" Group if you're wondering, my sister's "Friends" with them; From what I saw they only ever talk to people who can afford to buy the latest channel  AND Louis Vitton within a week of it coming out or otherwise your just dirt on the bottom of their shoes. But since they knwo my sister I should be an exception "

"Huh?"

"Basically they hate all scholars since they believe that having the most money is more important than actual talent"  Steph informed me; as all three of us were gazing upon the group with perfect clothes, perfect bodies; living in the perfect world, I noticed that the girl clinging tightly unto the dude; Much Broader than most. He wore a tight black polo accentuating his muscles and his black hair flopped over his forehead looking effortless...All of a sudden his head moved towards my direction and I swear we made some intense eye contact before I quickly looked away, Thank God I have quick reflexes!

"Anyway they sound nice" I said trying to get back to our conversation though it seemed that the other two were already engaged in their own conversation. "Guys I think we should go get our stuff it's already quarter to 10 and we need to be at class for 10" I told them, looking at my watch.

"Sure" They said in unison as we walked back towards rooms.

***

The auditorium was filled with the excitement of the new comers, Every you looked you saw the buzz and energy bouncing off people to people; The atmosphere was hectic but great. Of course me and Steph stayed close by to one another, I mean we were fortunate enough to have been put into the same class but Jieun had to go off to her first orchestra practice.

"QUIET!"

Suddenly the noise of the auditorium burnt out and was instead replaced by the deadest of silence. Up at the front of the stage was Mrs Bellerose along with what I guessed were some other ballet teachers.

 "So you may be wondering what you are all doing here instead of being in the dance studios. Well seeing that all of you are new here, you may have not yet seen the standards of this department with firsthand experience. I am sure many of you have watched clips on the so called "youtubes" of today but have not experienced the true quality and beauty the we deliver as a top performing university. So for just today I have asked my upper years to present you with a piece they have been working on and I do not want you to just sit there and watch; I want you to think about what you bring to the department today and to think about what makes you stand out all the other students here right now. So please enjoy" She left the stage, the music began to play and the curtains drew open.

The dancers glided unto the stage; their costumes glistening in the beam of the spot light. They flowed  along with the music dancing with their hearts. The main girl had a beautiful black romantic tutu and her costume was filled with precise beaded embroidery ended at a sweetheart neck line; making her stand out against the other dancers. The more I watched her the more I recognised her as the girl from before; the girl from the so called "Elite" group. So she's a dancer as well...  

The of the music and production was coming to an end; and the dancers were slowly preparing for the end before the music all together stopped and an uproar of applause erupted throughout the auditorium, filling the air with pure appreciation of the art of ballet. Mrs Bellerose stood before us once again at the top of the stage, a beaming smile plastered across her face as she looked across the entirety of the room.

"Thank you, Thank you! Well I do hope you have enjoyed that and I am sure you having seeing from the reaction just now. But we must get back to the thing which I had asked of all of you before starting; what do you bring to the department? What makes you unique? I don't want to know what your answer to this is instead I want to see it for myself, So after free break and lunch you will come back to this auditorium and one by one you will perform on the stage with a 4 minute performance in front of myself and some of the current students here. Hopefully this will allow me to see your potential"

Whispering ran from person to person, each of us having a mini panic attack on what to expect later on in the day.  A dance? An improvised dance in front of all these people? Just thinking about it brought back the butterflies. Steph on the other hand looked immensely excited; not sign of worry or nerves what so ever.

"OMG! I can't wait!" She said turning to look at me but I didn't exactly respond with the same sense of enthusiasm. "Why do you look so scared?"

"Because I'm not used to on-the-spot dancing, I've only ever really preformed in front of this many people with a well rehearsed piece!" My voice hinting the signs of panic just as soon as the bell of free period rang.

"You'd be fine, seriously don’t worry, just let the music take you along the steps" Steph said as we picked up our bags and headed to the outside field. "Anyway, it'll be fun you get to show the others what they're up against and show them to not mess with you, I mean it's basically a free pass to show off and what more do you really want?"

"I wish I was full of confidence like you right now"

"OW!"

"Sorry" I said as both Steph and I went to pick up the belonging of the girl Steph bumped into.

"You could watch where you're going with you know?" Looking up we both stared with shock it was the girl from before, the girl on the stage. Her lips smothered with gloss, Fake eyelashes coming out from her eye lids. "What are you staring at? Huh? “She said grabbing her stuff from our hands.”Stupid Schola-"

"Hey what’s going on?" A guy shouted as he came walking towards us and it was the same guy with the broad shoulders and black polo. To think I already thought he was handsome from afar but near and face to face, God really did create perfection.

"Nothing"

"Well then let's go" The guy said wrapping his arms around the girl before they both walked away leaving Steph and I with our mouths slightly agape

"Well she was rude" I stated once they were out of ear shot.

"If you must know that's Amy and that's her boyfriend Taemin. They're like the hottest couple in campus but everyone knows she's only with him cause his like the son of the richest family in the whole school" Steph whispered  "And I didn't want to tell you this before but he's also kind of  the twin to that boy you’ve been eyeing; you know Andrew..."

 

Author's Note:

Hey guys So I hope you enjoyed today's update!! And taemin is finally here!! I will update again tomorrow so stay tuned.

 

Jcookicakes xxx