10. Fight

Production of love

10

"Goodnight" Said Jieun as she made her way to her bed, pulling out the book she had been reading several weeks ago.

"Night um, do you mind if I Skype a friend quickly? we won't be loud promise." I asked before grabbing my laptop from my desk and taking it back to my bed.

"Go ahead, I don't mind" She said before I clicked on Krystal's profile to call her. It took a couple of tries seeing as though the connection here wasn't the greatest but still it was able to get through as Krystal face popped up onto the screen; Her hair pulled up in a messy bun and she was sporty her fluffy night robes.

"Jinri! I've missed you"

"Hey Krystal! Missed you too but we need to keep it down since my roommate is here as well and I don't want her kicking me out" I half joked causing Jieun to smile a little from behind her book.

"Ops sorry" Krys apologised, I got from my bed and moved towards Jieun pointing the camera towards her.

"This is my roommate Jieun, Jieun this is my best friend Krystal" I introduced them as they gave each other a shy wave before going back to the comfort of my bed. "Anyway how are you? Wait It seems like that's all I ever ask really"

"well if you must know I'm doing fine but lately I've been a bit homesick you know? I miss mum's cooking and Dad's 'Jokes' if you know what I mean" Krys said pulling a frown on her face and fake crying. "I just miss Summerville!!"

"Yh I know, I kind of miss it as well" I told her, resting my face unto my palms and getting comfortable. There was silence of a bit as we recalled the times back in our parent's home. "And that reminds me that I need to call mother later"

"Yh, anyway Jinri I need to tell you something" Krys told me, sounded a lot more serious than usual making me quite nervous of the news she was about to tell.

"What is it?" I asked

"Well, Jongin's been contacting me lately" She said almost as a whisper.

"Really?!" I shouted out of shock; uickly covering my mouth.

"It's nothing big he just says hi then hangs up. In fact most of the time when I pick up I just hear his breathing then the line goes dead" Krystal looked back up to me, watching my reaction. I honestly didn't know how to react really; I just know that deep down both Krystal and Jongin still have feelings for one another. That their feelings haven't really changed but I can't say that to Krystal; Not after last time.

"And how are you feeling about it?" I asked her instead.

"I honestly don't know. Like I just want to know the truth from him yet I don't because I'm scared to know the truth." She said "I sound ridiculous"

"You don't, You're just scared to know if the rumours are true and if they are it'll break your heart. Am I right?"

"I guess. What do you think I should do Jinri?"

"Well, you don't have to do it if you don't want to but I really do think you should talk to him because you never know what he has to say and You might regret it in the end. Anyway if it is the worst then you can have closure; you can find a way to move on from it properly instead of constantly thinking about it." I said, telling her my honest opinion.

"You know you are seriously the best right?"

" I know I am" I told her trying to lift the mood and I guess I succeeded since Krystal started laughing. " I mean I am just soo amazing"

"Be quiet! , how does your roommate put up with your arrogance?"

"I'm not Arrogant!"

"Yh you are"

"Am not!" I shouted back, making Jieun look up from her book and gave me the look. "Sorry" I whispered to her.

We ended up talking for a couple of hours late at night; finally saying goodbye at around 11 that night. By the time I had closed my laptop and placed it back unto my desk, Jieun was already asleep, her book sprawled across her duvet. I should just call mum tomorrow I thought before going to bed.

***

I woke up around 8 am this morning and this would mark three and a half months of being here and not seeing my family.  And I must say that even though it has been just a few months; it was a very intense three months of training to get us used to the new vigorous routine they had here for their dance students. Jieun had also been staying up quite late as well and looking back most of the time we spent together back in our room, was of her practising on her piano or her guitar. And from what I've heard she's really good at it.

"You meeting Steph and I later at lunch?" I asked just as I went to fix my hair.

"Um, well I think I might pass today maybe next time instead." She said

"Ok that's cool, see you later then"

I quickly grabbed my bag and ran down the numerous stairs before making my way towards the school. Today we would be in the studio and we had already been working in improving the basic steps; Mrs Bellerose did inform us that we would be practising to find a compatible partner to dance, and I must admit I couldn't wait for that....

Practise was hard, Harder than I had actually expected. we spent 2 hours of the morning going over the same steps until everyone was able to do perfectly and in time with each other. By the end of it I could feel a small blister starting to build at the back of my foot, Steph as usual was completely fine. Her hair still intact while mine looked like I just came out of an explosion. Steph and I were making our way towards our usual spot on the field when from the corner of my eyes I saw Amy walking towards us.

"Sl**" She sneered at Steph before walking off; Causing Steph to just snap and within seconds she was gripping Amy's hair within her fingertips , pulling her down. Screams erupted on the field; A crowd was forming as I tried to grab hold of Steph to calm her down.

"Don't talk to me like that!" Steph screamed as I pulled her away by her arms and another guy stopped Amy and her friends from prancing forwards. "You don't even know me!"

"Oh I know what you did! and if you want everyone else in this school can too!" Amy said with a smirk on her face as she tried to sort out her hair, plucking up her lips to smother it with lip gloss as if everything which had just happened was nothing to her. "And I am sure you don't want that now do you?" Amy asked trying to provoke Steph but instead she didn't reply. "I thought so. If that's the case you better not get on the wrong side of me!" She warned, Whispering scattered throughout the circle before she walked off towards her friends. Are they serious right now?

Steph stomped off, Tears spilling from her eyes just as she ran off towards the bathroom causing me to run on after her. Slamming herself inside one of the stalls; her sobs grew louder.

"Stephanie! It'll be fine I promise" I told her as words of comfort from outside her stall.

"No it won't! My sister told them what I did and you don't know them Jinri, they don't care about anything apart from money and their social statues"

"Well, I'm sure everyone here already knows that Amy is a- you know, That kind of person, to put it nicely." I told her, waiting for her to calm herself but she didn't.

"I just need a bit of space Jinri"

"Okay, I'll wait outside and you come when you're ready"

"Thanks" She said before I heard hushed cries once again. I made way out the bathroom and collected my stuff along with Steph's. I leaned against the wall, recalling what just happened but it had happened all so quickly that I couldn't really comprehend it all. a figure started walking towards me from the corner of my eye; It was Taemin. I really don't need this right now.

"What do you want now?" I asked him, irritated. All my energy just draining out of me.

"Didn't I tell you to keep it low" He said quietly , Trying to contain his anger.

"I was"

"You were? Oh I didn't realise that being involved in a fight with my girlfriend is known as keeping it low!"

"I didn't start the fight, your girlfriend did! Get your facts right before you start lecturing me!... Anyway why do you care so much about everything I do. I don't know you and you hardly know me, so what's up with that? I asked, This guy was seriously getting on my nerves. This time though he stayed quiet. "You can't answer me can you? Well then when you're ready to tell me what's up maybe then I'd listen to you... Oh and by the way, Just because you know my brother doesn't mean you and your family or whatever this is, can start controlling my life" "'

"What's going on here? Jinri?" Andrew was suddenly standing before me; looking confused as he eyes moved from me to Taemin.

"Nothing" Was all I said before I decided to leave the both of them behind. I took no less than a few steps when Andrew came running after me.

"Look don't mind my brother, He's just like that sometimes." Andrew tried to explain but there was no need since I really didn't want to listen. Just then I saw Steph coming from the bathroom.

"Don't worry about it" I told Andrew hoping he would leave me alone and he did. I reached up to Steph; and hugged her as tightly as I could possibly muster. She has stopped crying and she responded by giving me a weak hug.

"Are you fine now?" I asked her

"Yh, Let's just go back to class" She said as we walked past the small packs of students whispering to one another causing Step to keep her head down . I could tell that she was trying to hold her tears. I linked my arms in hers for some support as we made our way back to my room.

***

"Wait I'm still confused, So what exactly happened again " Jieun asked as the three of us sat on the carpet between our beds. Steph wanted to stay over for a bit after what happened. We had accumulated all the candy we had and piled it in the middle; Stuffing our mouth with chunks of candy.

"She called me a name and I just snapped." Steph said for the third time as she lay on the floor in the foetal position; cuddling one of my pillows. "Urgh!! WHY!!!

"Hey don't stress okay, just remember that she started it and not you"

"That's not what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid of the videos, the images if any of those are seen by my parents, no matter if I were the reason of her, then I'll be out of this school in seconds and I am sure as heck that my sister would be the reason for that."

"Don't worry about them, They just have all looks but not much of a brain to match" Jieun said as she went to grab a handful of candy from the pile. "Anyway have you girls seen the posters going around school?"

"No what's it about?"

"It better not be about my fight"

"No it's not that, but something more exciting. The auditions for next year's production has been announced this afternoon. Auditions are starting next week and I totally think you two need to audition."

"Are you auditioning?" I asked since she seemed so excited about the whole thing. I mean don't get me wrong I was super thrilled by the news, but it felt a little too early for me to start auditioning for productions most especially here since I still had a lot more to learn.

"I think I might I mean that's what everyone in the school aspires to be involved in right? But even just the thought of it makes me slightly nauseas" Jieun told us.

"I might as well, I need something to take my mind of things." Steph said "And dance usually does that job"

They both looked towards my way, their eyes asking the question and edging me on to an answer.

"I don't know, I feel like I still have a lot to learn." I said trying to explaining myself but they still seemed unconvinced by my excuse.

"Oh come on Jinri, even Jieun might audition and she is one shy cookie, You have to audition with me" Steph begged pulling unto my arm like a child begging their parent to go play. She proceeded to go all puppy eyes on me and I gave in.

"Fine but I'm only going to do it because your both doing it as well okay."

"It's going to be so fun" Steph said finally looking more cheerful then what she had been previously. This is a good start I guess...

 

 

 

Author's note:

Hey guys! sorry the writing may be a little sloppy I've just been re-reading, editing and changes things a little since I managed to find some time this evening and it is soo late right now so it won't be perfect becuase I am half awake. Anyway thanks for reading!! comment any thoughts and suggestions down below and please remember to subscribe! It would so make my day!!

Thanks again for all your support!

Jcookiecakes xxx