11. The Practise Room

Production of love

                                                                                                                  11

It's been a week now since Steph and I signed up to be performers in the latest production at the university. Jieun had also signed up but instead she opted for the orchestra. But honestly I haven't even had a chance to prepare a piece for the audition, they asked for something which shows the dancer's personality and emotion, but right now I was too busy with all the training done at the classes; warm up started at 7 in the morning till 5 but usually my day would instead start at 5am all the way till 8 at night practising away only really resting for food whenever I got peckish.

The alarm rang; it was 5:30, later then I hoped for. I was planning to practise again this morning, maybe get a few moves together to begin my routine. Slipping on my pumps and grabbing my gym bag, I quickly scribbled a note to Jieun before running down the millions on stairs cases. However once I had gotten to my usually practise room, a note was splattered across the door.

'ROOM CLOSED - GO TO PRACTISE ROOM M29'

"Damn it" I whispered to myself, Looking around I was the only one here, completely lost seeing as though this was the only practise I ever go to. I walked a few steps down the corridor, searching for the numbers plastered unto the different rooms but I found no room M29. I turned back round, ready to give up but standing by the practise room, observing the note, stood the one and only Taemin. His gym clothes hugging his body; messy hair covering his eyes. Stop staring Jinri! Suddenly he turned round catching me off guard, his eyes screwing together in confusion.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, rather rudely in my opinion.

"Well I came to practise but your presence has somehow put me off" I spat back at him. Two can play this game. I may be shy but I still don't like the idea of being pushed around.

I was waiting for a reply but instead he just rolled his eyes. He picked up his gym bag from off the floor and started walking away. I watched as he took a step back and then another and then another. Did I just managed to silence the all so tough Taemin?

"Are you coming or are you just going to stand there staring at me?" He shouted from the other side of the corridor. I looked at him in complete confusion.

"What?!" I shouted back

"I thought you wanted to practise? If you want to practise and stop wasting my time then you better follow me instead of just standing there like the complete loser you are" He said, crossing his arms as he waited for me to follow him. Choked by his words I took quick steps towards him, not exactly sure what I was ultimately thinking but is seemed as though it were my feet and not my brain that was leading me forward.

I followed him up the set of stairs and the further we got from the old practise room, the more I had began to become suspicious of his actions but before I could question it any further we had reached the practise room; M29. Turning on the lights the ray of morning was just beginning to bloom and I had previously thought the view of the other practise room was amazing but this was of another league.

"It's soo beautiful" I whispered to myself as I stared through the window. However from the corner of my eye I saw him staring at me but he quickly looked away when I turn round.

"Were you staring at me just now? " I asked but he choked a laugh and went about setting my his music.

"No, I was staring the sunrise" He said as he got into position on the side of the studio. "I mean you're not much of a sight to look at anyway"

"Excuse me?!"

"I'm Joking" was all he said before the music started to play and his body started to flow to the song. He wasn't a ballet dancer instead his style was more a mix of contemporary and street. In the midst of watching him dance, I realised it was only him and me in the dance studio, no one else. butterflies started fluttering their way into my stomach. It's only him and you hate him! There is nothing to be nervous about!. I walked to the other of the studio, put down my bag and prepared my music, but all this time the nerves began to kick in and I didn't know why, I mean it's not like I were dancing in front of thousands of people so why had I been nervous? Trying to brush the thoughts to the side I began my dance.

***

Breathless I sat down, gulping down my bottled water. Taemin however was still going. I watched him dance and in some weird way he looked like his brother. Of course they were twins but they didn't look like one another however the way they danced; how their body moved along with the music were somewhat almost identical even despite the difference in the genre of their dance. I watched as he moved to the next move, almost transfixed to his dancing, he moved to the beat; his movements sharp and precise. The music stopped; sweat rolling down his face causing a light glow unto it. It was now 6:30 and I still needed to go shower. Beginning to pack up my bag, I slipped on my pumps and headed for the door.

" You going?" Taemin asked, He was sitting down by the window, water grasp in his hand.

"Well class is starting and I don't want to turn up hot and sweaty?"

"Hot and sweaty?"

"Shut up" I snapped leaving through the door but as I looked down one corridor and at the other, I suddenly realised I didn't know the way back, I've never been in this part of the school before and everything seemed just like the first day. Sheepishly walking back into the room, Taemin was surprised to see my return to the room.

"Miss me already?" He said a smirk hanging from the side of his mouth. I took in a deep breath to stop myself from making a comment.

"Could you perhaps show me the way back?" I asked face to the ground not wanting to make eye contact. He was of course hesitant at first eyeing me a little until he went to his stuff and walked towards me.

"Come on then"

***

"Hey mum!"

"Jinri, I've missed you so much! you have no idea what it is lik- Mum you okay?" I asked, she began to cough; The short and dry sort which just brought me back to that terrifying day.

"I'm fine Jinri, really, you don't need to worry about me" She said as she began to regain her breath back again.

"How are you?" I asked, It had been a while since we last talked and although I was beginning to become worried, the colour in mother's face started to appear once again ever since that day.

"I'm good I'm good" She said with a long sigh as she fiddled with her finger;

"What's the matter? You seem quite tired"

"It's nothing just your brother, you know how he is" Mother said. This caused me to think about Joshua and the secrets he was obviously keeping from us, I wondered whether this secret was causing mum stress just as much as it was causing me. I thought of asking her but I didn't want to push it; not to stress mum especially with her situation.

"Just don't stress to much about him" I told her instead.

"Anyway, how have you been sweetheart?, university anything like you imagined it?"

No, I said in my head, if only she knew all the problems I've faced here, but right now wasn't the time, not now. "It's great, A lot of hard work but it's worth it" I spoke with a small smile on my face hiding my real feelings.

"That's good, I'm just glad that you're happy" She paused, I could hear the front door being opened and shoes being kicked off, hitting the wall. "Well your brother is home. You want to talk to him?"

"Um, Yh sure" There was scuffling of the Ipad and quiet but harsh murmurs from the other side of the screen until Joshua's face appeared on the screen. I hadn't talked to my brother since the first few weeks of being here. Whenever I called he was also too busy- with what? I did not know.

"Heeey Sis" he said full of fake enthusiasm "I missed you soo much!"

"Yeah right!" I said, rolling my eyes, hearing him chuckle a little.

"So you wanted to talk to me, what's up?"

"Is mum there?" I asked him before getting to the topic that had been burning in my mind for the past days.

"No she went to the kitchin, why?" he said; eyebrows rising in suspicion. He looked a lot more tired just like mother. His eyes sunken; eye-bags darker then what I had remembered. His hair had also changed, more messy and long, hanging just slightly over his eyes. " What's the matter Jin?" He asked again when I kept quite.

"What's your relation with the Lee's?" I asked straight forward; blunt but I was growing tired of not knowing.

"Who?"

"You know Taemin Lee, Andrew Lee. What's your relation with them?" I asked again. He kept quiet. Mouth slightly agape and eyes to the ground, searching for an excuse. We grew up together and I knew when he was searching for an escape from the truth.

"How do you know them?" he finally said looking up at me

"Don't turn the question to me Josh, I asked you first"

"It's nothing, don't worry about it!

"Oh come on Josh. You don't know how much of a hard time they've been giving me because of you and I think I deserves an answer" Again he fell silent contemplating whether he should answer me, his eyes looking down as if trying to avoid the daggers of my own.

"I can't tell you, not now anyway"

"Joshua please!" I begged becoming more and more desperate to seek for answers.

"I have to go Jin, But promise me you'd stay away from them Okay?"

"Why?!"

"-and if they bother you again you have to tell me" He said ignoring my question, But this time he looked more concern then I had ever seen him before. " I'll see you Jin" waving goodbye the screen went blank.

"Joshua!"

 

 

Hey guys finally another chapter!!! Hope you enjoy and please please comment what you think becuase I  am seriously stuck with this fanfic but I still want to finish it!! so I hope to hear you opinions and ideas!!

Jcookiecakes xxx