9. Saturday

Production of love

9

It was finally Saturday; The third week and most importantly, rest day... for some people at least but not for me. Steph and I planned to do more practise at the dance studio this morning and honestly I don't know what got over us, thinking this was a good plan but I guess we needed it,  to get the stress out you know, because that's what dance is for. Struggling to escape the comfort of my own I eventually managed to get dressed and head down to the studio to meet with Steph. When we got there the studio looked so much more larger than usual. Normally it would be filled large groups of dancers but this morning it was almost empty apart from the very few people practising early in the morning. The light shone through the tall, grand window of the studio, looking out into the beautiful dawn of the morning ad illuminating the room with a comforting light.

We had spent  long minutes if not one or two hours, practising the moves over and over again before we were both completely drained and starving. My heart was pumping fast, trying to grab back my breath I went over to sit down at the side. Steph soon followed slumping down beside me; gulping down her water. From the corner of my eye I could see another dancer staring at us ,or should I say Steph, from across the other side of the room.

"Steph I think that guy is staring at you" I whispered to her her and as soon as her attention was directed towards the boy, his head snapped to the other side. A smirk making its way on my face.

"No his not" she said giving me a weird look before the boy eventually decided to make his way towards us. He was holding tightly unto his gym bag. He had dark brown hair; face rounded and soft.

"Hey sorry you caught me staring"

"No I didn't" Steph told him causing him to redden even more if that was even possible.

"Oh well I just thought you- I mean you dancing was pretty cool" He told her, a blush appearing on both of their cheeks, resulting in me holding in a laugh at their reaction.

"Oh um thanks" Steph replied showing off a small, shy smile before looking away from him.

"Anyway I better get going but I'll see you 'round" he said soo quiet, almost like he was talking to himself. before he left the studio. Both Steph and I followed his movement until he was finally out of sight.

"I have to admit he was cute" I told Steph who by now had a bigger smile on her face. "You okay?" I asked her. She just nodded in reply obviously trying to hide her true feelings.

"I think um  we should do one more practise then we um should go and eat" She stuttered as she began to get up to practise once more or her way of trying to get away from the situation.

"Sure" I told her, turning the music back on.

***

"I am absolutely starving!" I moaned as soon as we got out the uber before quickly passing the payment to the driver. We decided to eat at the nearest mall; Star mall. According to Steph this was the place everyone hung out during to weekend and I had been way to busy to visit, so we thought why not. But as soon as we entered the rotating doors it felt just like being back in school. Everyone and I mean everyone was here, It might as well have been our own personal school mall seeing as though everyone walking around had came from Eastwood University.

"Come on Jinri lets go find something to eat!" Steph begged, pulling me towards her to the food court. Surprisingly...not, Steph had managed to pull me to the closest Starbucks her eyes could hunt down. And of course she opted for a caramel latte and croissant while I stuck with my plain and simple hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin - my favourite. Sitting down with the hot drink in my hands just reminded me of Krystal, a sense of nostalgia hit me and longing suddenly came over me. I Wonder how she's doing?

"What you thinking 'bout?" Steph asked, surrounded by crumbs.

"What do you mean?" I asked her at the sudden question

"You just seemed deep in thought. You missing someone?"

"Am I that easy to read?" She shrugged her shoulders and continued eating waiting for me to spill. "It's nothing just miss my best friend"

"You had a best friend?!" She teased with an exaggerated gasp

"No, no I didn't I was just a loner during my entire time in college, I'm actually just talking about my imaginary freind" I told her playing along, causing us both to burst out laughing.

"I'm joking, and Yeah I get you, I mean I miss my old friends as well"

"Her names Krystal, I've known her since forever and I'm pretty sure we were just separated from birth and given to different mothers.But  I'm sure you too will get along"

"Well then I can't wait to meet this Krystal of yours"

"Jinri"

I heard someone call out my name, like a whisper alomst; lost between the scatter of conversation across the busy room. But to no surprise as I turned to the direction of the calling It had belonged to Andrew. He was standing by the entrance of the coffee shop, as if he were just about to leave. Rolling my eyes I turned back to my drink, taking in a long soothing sip of the warm liquid. What does he what now? I was seriously just wished for a drama free day today. I hadn't seen him not his brother since that day I confronted him and to be honest I was just getting use to the quiet life.

"Jinri" He called out, louder, closer this time.

"What do you want Andrew?" I snapped as I turned to look his way. He looked taller, probably because I was sitting down but still. His hair was flopped across his forehead, slightly covering his eyebrows. I almost forgot what he had looked like.

"Jinri about that day-"

"Forget it Andrew, Let's just forget about it okay?" I told him

"I'm sorry" He said in a small voice, which I almost missed if it weren't for the small movement of his lips.

"Andrew, It's okay I'm not mad at you, I was just a little confused thats all" I said in a softer voice, feeling almost sorry for him by how I acted earlier.

"I know but I guess I'll leave now then, sorry again" He stated noticing my slight agitation, and a little hesitant at first but eventually made his way out.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hey Just a short chap becuase I seriously missed writing this story! 

Jcookiecakes