Prologue

Production of love

Prologue

Work hard and Dream big, something my mother had always told me to do. That's why at the age of 5 I started working on my dream, my dream to become a ballerina. Sure almost every girl at that age wanted to be one but as soon as I got into my lavender leotard, skirt hugging my small waist and my ballet shoes wrapped firmly on my feet I knew that this was what I wanted.

***

It was 7pm on a Monday afternoon and the week had just begun. I had just came back home after a vigorous ballet practice when I entered the house already  preparing myself for the music that would be blasting out of my brothers room and clanking of metal that could be heard from the kitchen as mother prepares dinner. Although to my surprise I heard none of that, instead I was welcomed by silence. As I closed the door behind me, the clicking of the lock echoed in the air, I started to growing fearful knowing something must have been wrong. Taking a step forward I heard a faint whisper coming from the kitchen

"Mother" I called out but she didn't answer. By that time my heart had already felt like it had weighed a couple of pounds and had to drag myself to the kitchen door. But as I stood there I was contemplating on whether I should go in and just face them or run to the safety of my room. My hands grabbed at the cold metal doorknob and pushed it open, as I did I saw mother sitting by the dinner table, greeting me with a warm smile while my brother stood watching me with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Jinri!"

"Mother?"

"I have great news!! This letter came and...Well... It's from Eastwood University!!" She said with a hint of excitement in her voice as she passed me the letter.

I was dumbfounded. A letter from Eastwood, it can't be... right?

"Open It then" my brother demanded

Suddenly all the worries from earlier were now, instead, replaced by the pure anticipation of what the letter had to say. This small letter was carrying my future...

 

Dear Ms Choi Jinri

I am immensely pleased to inform you that you have been accepted  as a scholar student into our school, Eastwood university for the performing arts following your letter of application and audition. We would also like to welcome you to join us on the 25th of June 2016 at 13:00, along with the 30 new scholars, for orientation. Make sure you bring along all necessary documents in order to complete admission process. During this time You will be guided around the school and is a great opportunity to meet others passionate young people just as yourself.

Along with this letter you should have also received your own school brochure to help guide you with the schools rules and regulation as well as the things that are expected of you as future role models of the school.

On the schools behalf I would, again like to congratulate you in being one of the very few that have been chosen. I hope that this will encourage you to work to the best of your ability and be the best you can be!

With best wishes and regards,

Mr Clerke

 

 

"OH MY GOD!!"

 

 

Author's Note:

Hey guys this is my first ever story and I know it isn't the best but i would really like to improve, so if you guys could comment any suggests to improve my writing it would be much appreciated! Thx