Second Drunken Night with Boss

Can't Get Drunk!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3

Second Drunken Night with Boss

 

ChangWook walked out of the room. His hands clenched on his side.

How can she… how dare she even talk about the past? The past that scarred him and dissolved his heart… that made nothing in life matter…nothing anymore…

ChangWook drove his car to his office. It was a 30 minute drive from the head office but ChangWook took a while before he went inside. He wanted to get his mind off from what’s angering him. He knows himself well. If he faces anyone with how angry he is, he’ll be like a bomb.

ChangWook went to a coffee shop and sat on the corner. And then he saw her.

Im Yoona?

The girl is standing outside the café. She’s been bumping her head to the glassed window continuously. Is she crazy? Is she still drunk?

Changwook sighed. Does he really have to see her craziness this early?

ChangWook went outside.

“If you don’t stop what you’re doing I’d call the police.” Said ChangWook.

Im Yoona immediately stood straight. Her eyes became so big they almost fell.

“Mr…Ji.” Yoona said nervously.

“You are going to damage their property.” Said ChangWook pointing at the glass window.

Yoona bit her lip as she faced the floor.

“I’m sorry… I mean…”

Yoona bowed very low.

“Not just for the window but… I… when I woke up this morning I couldn’t remember much about last night but… but I remembered a few things and I… I think I troubled you last night, Sir. I’m terribly terribly sorry for everything.” Said Yoona almost crying.

She remembered only a few things?

“What do you remember?” asked ChangWook

Yoona took a deep breath.

“I recall that I threw up on the floor and you cleaned it… I might’ve thrown up on your house, Sir… Please please please forgive me Sir. I am so sorry.” Said Yoona.

“What else?” asked ChangWook.

“Umm… everything is hazy… I couldn’t remember anything much.” Said Yoona. “But I did impose on you Sir. I don’t know what would have happened to me if you did not help me. I burdened you… I’m so sorry.”

“Enough.” Said ChangWook.

She did not remember most of what happened…

She did not remember what she said…

Coward.

“It’s good that you regret being drunk to the point of being out of control.” Said ChangWook. “Be responsible of your actions. An adult woman should not be so careless.”

“Yes Sir.” Said Yoona, her head still bent low.

“You can raise your head now.” Said ChangWook.

Yoona raised her head slowly. ChangWook noticed the tears on Yoona’s eyes.

“You’re crying again?” Said ChangWook.

Yoona’s eyes widened. She immediately wiped the tears. She was so terrified that ChangWook will scold her or even fire her for the embarrassment she did yesterday.

“Why is it so easy for you to show your emotions in front of people?” Said ChangWook. “Do you not think it’s weak?”

Yoona lowered her hand to her side. ChangWook noticed Yoona closing her eyes and biting her lip as if she wants to say something.

“Yes. I am weak. I apologize for not being able to control these tears, Sir.” Said Yoona which disappointed ChangWook. For sure Yoona wanted to say something else but just accepted defeat just like that.

ChangWook noticed Yoona had put a little makeup. She… is prettier than he first thought.

“What is an agent doing here at this time?” asked ChangWook.

Yoona immediately looked at her watch.

“Oh no! I’m late! My mind was filled with thoughts about apologizing to you, Sir. I forgot the time!” said Yoona. “I’m sorry Sir… I need to run.”

Yoona literally ran wearing her heels. She did not even spare him a glance.

And then she tripped and fell on the ground hard.

“Ouch! I’m so… clumsy!” Yoona tried to stand up and then felt a hand holding her arm pulling her up.

“Mr. Ji…”

Changwook was able to pull her up with just one hand while holding his coffee on another hand.

“You are no longer drunk but you still fall like that. Are you really already sober?” asked Mr. Ji.

“Yes Sir…” Yoona has that pained expression on her face as if apologizing again. “My head is throbbing from drinking too much but I think I am fit to work… I’m..Sso-”

“Do not continue if you’re going to say sorry again.” Said ChangWook. “Go to the clinic and have your knee checked.”

And then ChangWook walked on.

----------------

It was a tiring day, Yoona would feel her shoulders in pain. Her knee also hurts from her fall earlier. Yoona checked her phone and saw 3 missed calls and 5 messages all from Sunny.

Yoona sighed and dialed Sunny’s number.

“Hello, Sunny-ah. Why were you flooding me with calls and messages?” asked Yoona. “I was working.”

“I know you were but I wanted to make sure you contact me urgently.” Said Sunny

“What is it about?” asked Yoona a bit worried. “Did anything happen?”

“Actually…It’s Yuri’s birthday today.” Said Sunny.

“Oh that high school schoolmate of ours that ended up being your Boss at work?” asked Yoona.

“Exactly. She wanted to celebrate and asked me together with some of our highschool batch mates to drink out tonight.” Said Sunny.

“Ok…” said Yoona. “If you like to go then you should go.”

“Go with me!” said Sunny,

Go…w ith their high school batch mates?

“What? I’m not invited, why will I go with you?” asked Yoona.

“Yuri did mention you and said it would be fun if you were there.” Said Sunny.

Yoona closed her eyes.

“Fun? I don’t talk much. What fun is that?” asked Yoona

High school… how will Yoona describe it? Hmm… it’s like a dark memory she doesn’t want to reminisce. And the people around Sunny now… Yuri’s group… They are especially the ones Yoona would never want to be around with. They… somehow make Yoona feel like a loser. They are all successful at work. They are beautiful people… achievers… and they don’t like her for some reason.

“I’m really tired Sunny… besides… I just got drunk last night and it was… a disaster. I am not planning to go drunk again anytime soon.” Said Yoona.

“But Yoona… You’re my friend right?” asked Sunny. “If you are my friend you will help me out right? I am not particularly comfortable around them you know… but Yuri is my Boss. I can’t just say no. So please just accompany me ok?”

Yoona felt tears in Sunny’s voice. It nags her inside. She took a deep breath.

Here she goes again.

---------------------

Yoona sat on the corner. She wore her ordinary blouse and pants because she didn’t want people knowing she works for the big airline company. People will definitely doubt her ability to get in that kind of company. Even herself, she doubts how she could have entered that company.  But even with her ordinary clothes and even when she did not talk in that dark corner, people still noticed her.

“You are Yoona right?” asked Yuri.

“Yuri.” Said Yoona.

“Wow! Sunny succeeded in inviting you. Good Job Sunny!” said Yuri. “It’s been a long time we are wondering what happened to Im Yoona.”

Yoona bit her lip.

“C’mon everyone let’s give Im Yoona something to drink. It’s no fun when she sits in one corner like this. Im Yoona is all fun when she’s drunk!” Announced Yuri.

Yoona’s eyes widened. She looked at Sunny who just looked away,

So… This was the plan all along? To invite her… let her drink until she gets drunk… and then….

It was like in high school… they planned this to make fun of her.

-------------

“She’s hot.” Said Kwangsoo looking at the woman with her group at one side of the bar.

ChangWook took a glimpse and immediately saw the woman.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter