Fire Strikes

Can't Get Drunk!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

***Hi Everyone, This story is coming to a close very soon. Chapter 13 will be the last chapter for this story.

Thank you so much for staying tune with this story even though it took me a long time to update this. Yoonwook is really an exciting pair, I keep watching clips from "The K2" and even some of their BTS videos. Yoona and Changwook surely have chemistry. For new subscribers and readers thank you for your interest in reading this. I hope you had fun diving into my sometimes crazy fanfiction world.  

As with my other stories, I thank my minsul readers who still read this story despite this not being a minsul one. :) Your patience and support is amazing. Thank you for all the messages and love through these years. Thank you for still reading my old stories from time to time. And thank you for still waiting for me to continue Rise of the Blood. I have nothing for you but gratitude for believing in the stories that I write. Thank you! :D

 -Mahogany4

                  

Chapter 12

 

Changwook sat in front of his Dad. This is a rare occasion. They do not normally talk like this outside the company. But Minyoung’s warning was certain.

“I heard you called Minyoung up yesterday.” Said Changwook.

“You two are really close.” Said Changwook’s Dad.

“You are planning to announce an engagement on the Employee Party?” asked Changwook.

Changwook’s Dad nodded.

“It’s about time. Everyone knows about it. They are just waiting for the right time. And now that you are CEO and Minyoung’s Dad has decided to hand the hotel to her on her next birthday, it’s the perfect time.” Said Changwook’s Dad.

“I have already told you that an engagement between me and Minyoung is not going to happen.” Said Changwook. “Minyoung and I agreed about it and have decided to not push through with any plans of marriage.”

“She seems to be charmed by you. She likes you. When I talked to her on the phone, I did not hear any opposition.” Said Changwook’s Dad.

Changwook sighed.

“Dad… women…they sometimes do things that are against what they truly feel…” said Changwook. “Trust me… Minyoung does not want this engagement. If she does, she wouldn’t have told me. Because she knows once I learn of your plan, I will stop you.”

“You kids… I thought you already reached the age where you would see reason and what is good for the companies.” Said Changwook’s Dad. “But you still do not listen. I will not have it any other way. The engagement will be announced in that party.”

Changwook stood up. There is no sense in further talking about this. His Dad is stubborn, he will not change his mind.

“You know Dad… I am no longer like the kid you used to control.” Said Changwook. “There are things in me that had changed the past year…. Things that means I now decide what I do with my life, who enters it, who leaves… and who stays beside me…”

Changwooks’ Dad started speaking angrily but Changwook stopped him.

“I am in love with someone right now.” Said Changwook.

“You ex? The one who betrayed you.” said Changwook’s Dad. “That kind of woman will never suit this family!”

“Betrayal?” Changwook sneered. “I have betrayed too many people in my life Dad…I have betrayed friends for money and power… do you know whom I have learned those things from? I have learned all of those from you. Now tell me… what kind of family is this really? Aren’t we a family of snakes? ”

Changwook’s Dad rose from his seat in anger.

“You are an ungrateful child!”

“You are right Dad, she doesn’t suit this family. Because I’m sure she betrayed me for a reason. And that is not power and money. She’s nothing like us. She’s different.” Said Changwook.

Changwook walked out of the room.

Changwook’s Dad sank on his seat.

“He’s no longer within your control.” Said a voice from the other door of the study.

“How long have you been eavesdropping?” asked Changwook’s Dad.

“Long enough to hear what my son came here for.” Said Changwook’s Mom.

Changwook’s Mom sat beside her husband.

“He has found someone important to him again.” Said Changwook’s Mom.

“He doesn’t know how to choose the ones that should matter to him.” Said Changwook’s Dad.

“Could we really do that?” asked Changwook’s Mom. “Could we really choose who becomes important to us?”

“Yes. I did. All my life I chose who would matter to me and dispensed those who are unnecessary in my life.” Said Changwook’s Dad.

“Sometimes, there are people who enter our lives and slowly become important. We will not immediately see it but there are people who would matter to us even when we did not choose them. Men cannot win against fate.” Said Changwook’s Mom.

“I have never had anyone I did not choose in my life.” Said Changwook’s Dad.

“I did.” Said Changwook’s Mom.

Changwook’s Dad’s eyes narrowed.

“You came into my life when I did not want to have a husband, I hated the idea of marriage for business. I told my Dad I will never marry you. But you would appear on several unexpected occasions. I am sure you were surprised too.  I did not want to have anything to do with you. But slowly my heart changed.” Said Changwook’s Mom. “You chose me. But I did not choose you. But fate made me lose the fight, and my heart gave in. I fell in love with you.”

Changwook’s Dad sighed.

“Now tell me, should I have pushed you away even when I started to like you back then? You were not necessary to me you see. I could have lived without you and still end up rich. “ said Changwook’s Mom.

Changwook’s Dad’s hands clenched on his lap.

“But you see love is not like that. When you love someone… they suddenly become essential to you. They suddenly become your reason for living whether you chose them or not.” Said Changwook’s Mom.

Changwook’s Mom held her husband’s hands.

 “And I… have never regret following my heart.”

---------------------------

Changwook drove his car.

You are right Dad, she doesn’t suit this family. Because I’m sure she betrayed me for a reason. And that is not power and money. She’s nothing like us. She’s different

He was so confident in saying those things but the truth is… what is the truth? Did she really have a reason to leave him? Did she really betray him for that Keunsuk guy? Why can’t Yoona just talk to him?

His Dad knows about Yoona and him. Changwook is pretty sure his Dad is not going to stay silent. He needs to do something to stop that engagement announcement.

-------------------------

Insung sighed.

“Your family sure is complicated.” Said Insung.

“And we are only four in the family.” Said Jiwon. “Imagine what will happen if I have more siblings.”

“So what is the plan? Your Dad will announce that engagement which will eventually turn out to be the wedding of the year.” Said Insung. “Are they going to ask for my company’s services? Is Golden Air going to ask Yoona to handle the event again? That poor girl is going to be crushed.”

Insung placed a plate of fruits on the bedside table.

Jiwon bit her lip.

“You are in no position to intervene Jiwon.” reminded Insung. “You are still recovering.”

Insung sat in front of Jiwon.

“I know but…”

“But?”

“I…” Jiwon sighed. “I want to do something to help. I told you right? I want to fix this.”

“Once the engagement is announced, it would be the end of the story. It will be publicized and your brother will have no other choice but to honor it, otherwise, there will be huge damages for both companies.” Said Insung.

“I know. That’s why that announcement must not happen no matter what.” said Jiwon.

“What do you plan to do?” asked Insung.

“My brother is pretty slow on these kinds of things. He doesn’t know I already put a weapon in front of him that he can use against Dad.” Said Jiwon.

“A weapon?” asked Insung.

“Before the surgery, I have confirmed that Yoona  really loves my brother. That is why I have prepared a weapon for my brother to use in case I won’t recover from the tumor.” Said Jiwon. “If indeed Changwook and Yoona’s love is real, for sure fate will bring them back together again. And when that time comes, I was pretty sure my Dad will stop them. That is why, even before the surgery, I made sure Changwook will have the upperhand and fight for Yoona.”

“I don’t get what you mean.” Said Insung.

“But first, Changwook and Yoona has to resolve their feelings.” Said Jiwon. “And then he can use the weapon.”

“Is ther a way I can help?” asked Insung.

Jiwon smiled.

“For now… let them first resolve their hearts.” Said Jiwon.


--------------------

Yoona entered the hotel and met with Golden Air Event manager to polish the plans for the employee event. It’s been a week since she last went to meet the manager and so there was enough time to prepare everything they need to talk about.

“Wow… it’s pretty much complete.” Said the event manager. “I like the entire thing. I’m sure the CEO will be glad.”

Yoona just nodded. She has to focus on work.

“Hi Beautiful Ladies!”

Yoona turned to see who spoke and saw Park Minyoung greeting them.

“Hi Miss Minyoung. I am so happy to see you.” said the manager.

“I am happier.” Said Minyoung.

Yoona bowed as she greet Minyoung.

“How are you today Miss Im?” asked Minyoung. “Are you feeling better?”

“Oh…”

Yoona’s eyes widened. This woman remembered she looked sick the last time they met.

“I’m feeling better, thank you.” said Yoona.

Minyoung smiled.

“That’s good to hear.”

It’s hard to keep getting irritated with her when this Minyoung woman is actually being nice.

“I have to leave, I need to meet Changwook. If there’s anything you need from the hotel, just let my secretary know.” Said Minyoung.

She’s meeting… Changwook? Again? How many times do they have to date in a week?

Yoona bit her lip hard to suppress any reaction she may give off.

Minyoung smiled.

 “I’m pretty sure he’s already waiting for me.” Minyoung winked at Yoona before she walked away.

What is that wink supposed to mean?

“They sure are a really suitable couple. I wonder when are they planning to get married.” Said the manager. “It’s going to be a gigantic event.”

It’s already a gigantic pain in Yoona’s chest as it is. The pain is making her eyes hurt.

“Do you think they’ll get married?” blurted Yoona.

The manager gave a shrug.

“It’s been the talk of the town you know. The old CEO has asked us to block a few minutes in the program for the employee event. It seems there’s an announcement. And people are speculating it may be an engagement announcement for the current CEO and Miss Minyoung.” Said the manager.

Yoona felt like stone. She could not move. She felt every part of her inside was tearing.

“An… engagement?” Yoona whispered.

The manager noticed Yoona suddenly looking pale.

“Miss Im, is there a problem? You… are you all right?” asked the manager.

Changwook is going to marry Park Minyoung? But… why? Do they love each other? They are pretty close and they must be dating… but… but…

The manager held Yoona’s arm.

“Miss Im, do you not feel well again?” asked the manager.

“No…I mean… I’m fine.” Said Yoona.

Changwook is getting married…

Yoona felt hot tears falling from her eyes.

“Miss Im…”

“I am sorry, it seems I am not fine after all.” Said Yoona. “Let me just… walk around.”

“Oh… all right…” The manger looked worried.

Yoona walked away. She saw the door going to a vacant room and made her way there.

Yoona sat on a chair…she let her tears flow, she wept like she had never wept before. Her heart is breaking and she knows she could not do anything to stop it. She is losing the only man she have loved and yet she has no right to hold on to him. She was the one who let go of their relationship. She was the one who pushed him away. Her pain is a result of her own doing… but no matter what…she couldn’t bear it.

“Oppa…” Yoona whispered.

----------------------


Minyoung smiled as she saw the bored Changwook looking at his watch as they ate lunch together in an expensive restaurant.

“Are you show

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter