It Exploded

Can't Get Drunk!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Hi Guys, Sorry it took a while for this update. My keyboard got damaged for some reason. Some letters and characters wouldn't function. And when I say letters, I'm not talking about "X" or "Z". What I'm trying to say is, it was impossible for me to write with some important letters missing. :'( And with how busy I was with work, I couldn't find time to have it fixed. As of the moment, I got a temporary keyboard which I got lucky enough to use today. I'm really sorry for this delayed update. I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

 

 

Chapter 8

It Exploded

 

Changwook sighed as he stared at Yoona’s empty chair from the meeting room.

Where is she? He saw her earlier so she can’t be absent right? If she only took a toilet break, she should be back by now…

“Mr. Park.” Said Changwook.

“Yes, Sir?”

“Let’s grab some coffee.” Said Changwook. “I think I need a break.”

Mr. Park nodded.

Changwook and Mr. Park went to the café near their office. But even before they entered the cafe, Changwook’s eyes caught something. At the corner of the café seated across each other is Im Yoona… and that KeunSuk guy!

Changwook’s eyes narrowed as an irritation started kicking in his chest.

What an ugly sight.

But that won’t stop me from telling her what I’ve been wanting to tell her all these years.

Changwook clenched his hands on his sides.

Yoona’s face looked confused. She bit her lip. She looked like she couldn’t say anything.

Changwook saw it when KeunSuk reached for Yoona’s hand and touched it. Yoona seemed startled. Yoona tried to pull her hand away but KeunSuk held on it.

That did it.

Changwook walked towards the table and grabbed Yoona’s arm lifting her up from her seat.

“From afar, it looks like you’re forcing her.” Said Changwook.

KeunSuk stood up, anger is obvious from his face.

“Yoona and I are talking.” Said KeunSuk.

“It’s still working hours.” Said Changwook.

“It’s her afternoon break.” Said KeunSuk. “Whatever she does or whoever she talks to during her break has nothing to do with you, Mr. Manager. This is no longer about her work. So please stop acting like it has something to do with you.”

“But it does.” Said Changwook.

KeungSuk’s eyes widened.

There was a moment of silence.

“It… does?” asked Yoona, her voice was just a whisper but it was enough for Changwook to hear it.

Yoona and Changwook’s eyes met.

Yoona’s eyes is full of question and confusion.

Changwook sighed.

He said he won’t do anything to confuse her. He said he’ll figure his feelings out first. But… he just couldn’t control himself… when he saw them together talking so closely…so intimately… it made his blood boil to bursting! He just… can’t stand doing nothing.

Yoona let out a deep breath as she pulled her hand from Changwook’s grasp.

Changwook felt a tug in his heart.

“KeunSuk Sunbae, my break is almost over. I need to go back to work. I… still am very confused. I don’t know how to answer you about the things you told me about so… Can you give me time to think about it first?”

“Mr. Park.” Called Changwook.

Mr. Park looked stunned.

“Mr. Park!” called Changwook louder.

“Yes, Sir!” Mr. Park almost ran towards them.

“Take Ms. Im back to the office.” Said Changwook.

Mr. Park nodded.

Mr. Park led Yoona out of the café.

“Do you have the habit of prying into other people’s business?” asked KeunSuk. “Or is it Yoona… Is it because it is HER that you’re being like this?”

Changwook’s eyes narrowed.

“Do you perhaps like her?” asked KeunSuk.

Changwook wanted to punch this Guy’s face if not only for the eyes that started to look at them.

“Your silence is killing me.” Said KeunSuk. “Let me tell you something, Ji Changwook. Surely people will talk about me and Yoona. She will be involved in some gossips about me. They will talk about the engagement I dissolved months ago and they may blame her for it. But I can offer her something that you can’t.”

Changwook’s chest is heaving in anger.

“I can give her my family’s blessing.” Said KeunSuk. “You see… My parents thought I have no intention to get married and only wanted girlfriends here and there. They thought that when I dissolved my engagement that was my declaration that I’m never going to get married.”

Keunsuk smiled.

“That means they are going to do anything… as long as I get married… “ said KeunSuk. “I can make them accept Yoona.”

Keunsuk patted Changwook’s shoulder.

“That my friend… is something you can never give Yoona.” Said KeunSuk. “Your family is too twisted. A girl like Yoona would only suffer in your hands.”

KeunSuk took several steps from Changwook.

“Oh… and before I forget.” Said KeunSuk. “I am in love with Im Yoona from the longest time. That’s why I’m pursuing her head on face to face. I don’t need to hide behind being her Manager.”

KeunSuk then left the café.

Changwook kicked the chair beside him sending it a few feet away.

------------------

Inside the elevator Yoona’s hands are clasped together.

This is no longer about her work. So please stop acting like it has something to do with you.

But it does…

Yoona closed her eyes.

What does… he mean by saying that?

“That was a pretty intense moment back there.” Said Mr. Park.

Yoona’s eyes opened. She almost forgot Mr. Park was with her. He saw everything… what will he think?

“I didn’t know you know Jang KeunSuk.” Said Mr. Park.

“KeunSuk Sunbae?” asked Yoona. “He’s my highschool sunbae.”

“Oh…really? That explains things.” Said Mr. Park.

“What do you mean?” asked Yoona.

“Jang KeunSuk is the heir of the rival airline company, you see. He and Manager Ji has been on bad terms because of all the competition in business. I heard they also got into several arguments even outside work. Seeing one of his agents talking to the competitor heir may have angered manager Ji.” Said Mr. Park.

Does that mean…

“Maybe Manager Ji thought Jang KeunSuk is pirating you to work for their company instead.” Said Mr. Park. “I now perfectly understand Manager Ji’s rash action earlier.”

That means Mr. Ji only got himself involved between her and KeunSuk Sunbae because of the company rivalry.

It was… purely business…

Yoona took a deep breath. She wanted to slap herself for even thinking for a second that Ji Changwook could somehow have feelings for her. She is so stupid.

That will never happen.

Of course…

That will never happen…

“Did he offer you a job?” asked Mr. Park.

Yoona shook her head. Her heart is aching like something piercing it. She wanted to hide somewhere.

“We only talked about a personal matter.” Said Yoona. “Nothing about career.”

“That’s a relief.” Said Mr. Park.

Yoona went straight to the bathroom and hid herself. She didn’t want to cry but her tears started falling as soon as she closed the door.

This kind of moments keeps her grounded… it makes her see the reality that she and Manager Ji is an impoosbility.

-------------------

Changwook has been distracted. He couldn’t concentrate at all.

“I think that I need to get my mind off things.” Said Changwook.

“What do you mean, Sir… umm… are you still bothered about Jang KeunSuk?” asked Mr. Park. “I talked with Ms. Im and it seems they only talked about personal stuff. He did not try to pirate her so there’s nothing to worry about.”

That’s absolutely the thing that worries him a lot…

 PERSONAL STUFF.

“Mr. Park… I have never gone out to dinner with your group have I?” asked Changwook.

“Huh?”

“I want to change my image among the group a bit.” Said Changwook. “I want to be more approachable.”

“Oh… That’s a really nice gesture, Sir.” Said Mr. Park.

“Call everyone. Tell them we’ll have a group dinner tonight. And… we can do a group bonding activity after.” Said Changwook.

“Bonding?” Mr. Park chuckeld. “Everyone will be happy to hear that.”

Changwook nodded.

It was decided that everyone will have a barbeque dinner. Everyone was excited to eat meat. It was a good activity where Changwook got to talk to almost everyone under Mr. Park. Everyone was happy during dinner and it surely made everyone feel like Mr. Ji is closer to them than before.

All the while though…. Yoona just sat at the far end of the table away from Changwook. In the entire dinner…he almost couldn’t see her from all the people blocking his view. He has not talked to her yet after the café incident. He has to explain himself. And yet the entire dinner… he couldn’t get the chance to.

After dinner, everyone decided to go to the karaoke.

Everyone was excited taking turns to sing songs. And when the songs got lively, people danced as if they are in a disco bar.

From where Changwook is sitting, he finally got to see Yoona. She sat on the corner again. She looked tired. Her eyes looked different from usual…

“Are you ok?” asked Hyorin. “You look sick, Yoona.”

Yoona just gave Hyorin a faint smile.

“Just tired.” Said Yoona.

“Poor you. You… always doing overtime. You should rest sometime.” Said Hyorin.

Yoona just nodded.

Changwook wanted to pull Yoona out of the room so that he can already take her home.

“Mr. Ji, do you sing?” asked Hyorin.

“Huh?”

“Please sing just one song.” Said Hyorin.

Everyone begged Mr. Ji to sing.

“Umm…well….”

He did say he wanted to look approachable right? Changwook stood up hesitantly and took the microphone.

“But can I… ask someone to sing with me… I’m too shy to do this alone.” Said Changwook.

Everyone cheered.

“It’s ok. Pick me!” said Hyorin.

Everyone laughed.

“You.”

Everyone’s eye went to the corner.

Yoona looked up to see everyone looking at her.

“Huh?”

“Can you sing?” asked Mr. Ji.

Yoona pointed her finger at herself.

“M…Me?”

Changwook smiled.

“Yes You.” said Changwook.

“Umm…No I… I can’t sing.” Said Yoona.

“That’s great. I need someone who also can’t sing like me. So that I won’t be an embarrassment alone.” Said Changwook.

Yoona’s hands clenched as she stood up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter