Reunion Invitation

Can't Get Drunk!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*** Sorry for the wait Guys. :( The past days had been really busy. And the next weeks do not look light either. **deep breaths** Sorry if I can't promise to update quickly. Thank you for giving a chance reading this Yoonwook fanfic. Enjoy chapter 5. :)

 

 

 

Chapter 5

Reunion Invitation

 

 

“Are you looking for someone?” asked Mr. Park

“Oh… I…” ChangWook noticed a woman sitting on one of the side. She has her hair tied up and is in a call with someone. She’s massaging her neck and shoulder. She looked tired.

But Im Yoona… when did she looked this pretty to him really? Surely he had seen him around the past three years. She’s in his team. But why did he never pay attention to her then?

ChangWook suppressed a smile. She’s not the type who would pass to be a model. His past lovers are ‘hot’ as Kwangsoo would put it. But for him…for ChangWook… Seeing Im Yoona relaxes him and troubles him at the same time. She… glows in his eyes.

ChangWook looked away.

“I was just looking around at our agents.” Said ChangWook.

And then Yoona’s eyes moved towards their direction. Their eyes met. Yoona’s eyes widened for a second and then she looked away as if her eyes got sand on it.

ChangWook’s eyes narrowed.

What’s… what’s with that?

“Mr. Park.” Said ChangWook. “What time is it?”

“Close to 7PM.” Said Mr. Park.

“You should go home.” Said ChangWook.

“Oh… I feel bad going home when my boss is still here watching out for our agents.” said Mr. Park.

“You have a wife and children, Mr. Park. I understand that they need you.” said ChangWook. “Don’t worry.”

Mr. Park smiled.

“You are always considerate.” said Mr. Park.

“We still have some agents working at this time even when the workload has lessened through the promotions that the head office pulled back?” asked  ChangWook.

“Ah yes, Boss.” Said Mr. Park. “There are employees who volunteer to take on more work so that they could work overtime. There are employees who really need extra income. So when there are absent agents, they take some of the work load.”

ChangWook nodded.

Im Yoona is one of them.

“Do you record the overtime of these employees?” asked ChangWook.

Mr. Park nodded.

“We have the record, Sir.” Said Mr. Park. “We need the record to know how much overtime pay we have to give them.”

“Can you give that record to me?” asked ChangWook. “I want to see what we can do for these employees.”

Mr. Park nodded.

“I like their dedication at work. I am very lucky to have employees like them. However… I don’t want them getting sick because of too much work. And I don’t want them to be unproductive the next day because they lack rest the previous day.” Said ChangWook.

Mr. Park nodded.

“I will send the file to you before I leave.” Said Mr. Park.

------------------

ChangWook sighed. According to the record… Im Yoona has been doing overtime almost every day for the past 3 years! What is she doing to herself!

There were studies that too much overtime kills. In the internet, articles about several people dying because of too much overwork is everywhere. Even ChangWook has a tendency to be workaholic. But when he feels like his body is already at his limit, he makes it a point to go on a vacation or push some non-urgent work to the next weeks.

What does Im Yoona need the money for? Is it because her Dad is no longer around? Is she providing for her Mom? Is she providing for some siblings?

ChangWook massaged his head.

The thing is… he doesn’t know anything about Im Yoona. How will he understand her?

----------------

Yoona leaned on the wall as she waited for the photocopy machine to finish copying 100 copies of the 34 page report.

 And then she felt steps coming towards her. She stood straight. And then her eyes widened.

 “You look like you saw a ghost.” Said ChangWook.

Yoona looked away.

Oh no… she’s not even half way done. What should she do? No one should see them together. She has to go.

Yoona pressed the stop button.

“Are you going to use the machine, Sir?” said Yoona. “I’m done so…”

Yoona took the copied papers and started to walk away when ChangWook’s voice stopped her.

“You are clearly not done copying those reports yet.” Said ChangWook.

ChangWook walked towards Yoona. Yoona moved back.

“Sir.” Said Yoona. “I don’t think this is good.”

“What do you mean?” asked ChangWook.

“I don’t think it would be good for people to see us… together.” Said Yoona. “It would be best to not have any interaction.”

That made a ChangWook’s eyes thin. This is a confirmation that made Changwook irritated beyond words.

“You are avoiding me then.” Said ChangWook.

Yoona closed her eyes.

“I won’t call it avoiding… umm… I’m sorry, Sir..” Yoona took a deep breath and then she quickly walked away.

ChangWook felt that bitterpain in his chest like slicing something inside him. His jaw clenched. He wanted to go after Yoona, he wanted to know why she’s doing this. Is she just embarrassed because of all the trouble she’d done to him? But that doesn’t make sense. Shouldn’t she feel they have gotten closer because of those two nights? Doesn’t she see how much she had done for him? Doesn’t she feel their deep connection now?

She’s avoiding him.

 ChangWook kicked the photocopy machine.

It made some people turn their heads to his direction. But he didn’t care anymore. He’s so infuriated!

-------------------

Yoona’s chest is beating fast and loud as she sat on her seat. She has to be careful… Mr.Ji… it seems Mr. Ji is not bothered about the rumor or perhaps he isn’t aware of it yet. But if they start talking in the office, people will be suspicious.

Yoona received a message on her phone.

Yoona… I’m sorry about yesterday. I don’t know how to properly apologize. Did you get home safe? I… am sure you’re angry with me. I… understand if you are.

Yoona sighed.

She has to resolve the thing with Sunny soon. But for now… her mind has to resolve this situation with Mr. Ji first.

------------------

The next days were filled with agonizing moments. Yoona wanted to bump her head to the wall to stop her mind from going crazy. She used to not see ChangWook that much in the office prior to the drunken nights. However… the past days, it’s as if fate is playing her tricks. ChangWook had been around the Agent’s area pretty much every day! She always had to keep reminding herself not to look at him nor his direction. She almost got stiff-necked in the process. She constantly avoided his line of sight and when she could, she would make sure she would go somewhere else when he went too near her workstation.

Every single time she avoided Mr. Ji… her heart throb…there’s pain… her chest felt like being twisted.

There were instances when she couldn’t fully avoid him. Their eyes would meet. But on those few instances, Yoona had felt his anger and coldness. His eyes tell her that she is doing him wrong. How could she avoid him like this after everything he did for her? He is right to be mad at her. But it’s making Yoona’s chest ache all over. It’s hard to breathe.

When she couldn’t bear it anymore, she would just lock herself in the toilet room and contain the tears that had been threatening to fall.

How much longer does she need to do this?

------------------

ChangWook drummed his fingers on the table. He has been trying to take a glimpse at the irritating Im Yoona from the window of the meeting room.

She’s been sighing a lot. It seems things aren’t going well with her work.

“Is there anything else you need, Sir?” asked Mr. Park.

“Huh?”

“You were spacing out.” Said Mr. Park.

“Oh.”

“I’m going to take my leave now, Boss.” Said Mr. Park.

ChangWook nodded.

“Oh… and Boss… Be careful.” Said Mr. Park. “There’s been this rumor intensifying the past weeks.”

“Rumor?”

“Yes. It’s about a male executive who took home a female agent.” Said Mr. Park.

ChangWook’s eyes widened.

“What?”

“Rumor has it that a male executive took home a female agent twice. The rumor is widely spreading and it has been the talk among the employees. Be careful then when you go out. I mean… I don’t know your personal dating life and I don’t think I should meddle but…” Mr. Park looked worried. “Almost all top ranking male in the company are being suspected. You are one of the top ranking men in the company. It would be safe to stop going out for a while. Or if you do have a girlfriend… it may be wise to announce it now. So that your name would be cleared from those who are suspected.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter