His Gift for Her

Can't Get Drunk!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


***Woah! Guys,  This is the last chapter of Can't Get Drunk. I don't know how I was able to finish this story. For the recent years, I am unable to finish my stories due to very heavy workload and lack of motivation to push myself to write. I still have several open stories and I can't believe I am finally able to complete this one. 

Thank you for reading till the end. This last chapter is extra long becasue I couldn't cut it into two (else it would be two rather short chapters). I hope you enjoyed Yoona and Changwook's story here. :D

To be really honest, this had been a very predictable storyline which lacked my usual plot plans at the start of my writing. Minsul readers know that I usually create the plot early on in the story to make sure everything flows well in the story. That is why even if my readers guess what will happen next correctly, I don't change anything because my plot will crash if I suddenly changed something. I wasn't able to do that here, sorry----so busy T T.  But still, you guys were so patient and so supportive of this story. That is why I am very thankful. 

Til next time (don't know when that'll be) 

See Ya!
Mahogany4

 

 

Chapter 13

 

Changwook saw Yoona the way Sunny described. She was seated on a chair in a bar. She is slumped on the table like she’s lifeless. She looked like  a mess, her hair is tangled all over, her makeup is a bit smudged and it looked like she has been crying a lot because her eyes looked swollen.

Changwook sighed. He felt a squeeze in his chest at the sight of Yoona. This is the sight of her he had seen before. It was the sight that pulled him and Yoona close to each other. But then… this time… he isn’t as unaffected as the first time he saw her drunk. This time, he wanted to take care of her. She’s a woman and yet she’s so careless like this… what happened for her to drink this much? Why is she acting like this? She should be resting at home. She just came out of the hospital.

Changwook tapped Yoona’s shoulder. It immediately made Yoona’s eyes open.

“You … Ji Changwook… what are you doing here?” asked Yoona.

“I heard you’re having another disastrous drunken night.” Said Changwook.

“Are you here to pick me up again in my drunken state?” asked Yoona.

“I asked Sunny to go home since she needs to take care of her sick Mom… so I guess I do not have a choice.” Sadi Changwook.

“You do.” Said Yoona. “You can just go home too.”

“I can’t do that when you’re here alone.” Said Changwook.

“Why not? I can go home by myself.” Said Yoona.

Yoona tried to sit straight.

“Look at yourself.” Said Changwook. “I doubt a cab would stop in front of you.”

“You’re saying I’m ugly.” Yoona’s voice is getting louder. “Is that it? Am I ugly? Is that why you chose that beautiful heiress as your new grilfriend!”

What?! Changwook covered Yoona’s mouth with his hand. People are starting to look at them.

“Stop shouting.” Said Changwook. “How many times do I have to say I do not have a girlfriend?”

Yoona started speaking and Changwook’s hand seems not to be able to suppress Yoona’s voice.

Changwook took a deep breath.

“That’s it. I’m taking you with me.” Changwook lifted Yoona up his arms.

“Where are you taking me?” asked Yoona.

“Home.” Said Changwook.

“H…Home?” asked Yoona.

“I’m taking you home with me.”

----------------

Changwook dropped Yoona on the couch.

Yoona winced.

“Awww… Where is gentleness?” said Yoona.

“You weren’t gentle when you were shouting at me in front of the people telling everyone I have a new girlfriend!” said Changwook.

“Oh… so dropping me…that’s revenge?” asked Yoona.

Changwook sighed in frustration.

“Are you… referring to Minyoung? The beautiful rich heiress?” asked Changwook.

“See!” Yoona stood up shakily she almost fell again, her voice loud. “You also think she’s beautiful!”

“What?! I was only quoting what you said earlier!” said Changwook.

“You like her! You two are so close you even call each other regularly!” said Yoona.

“What? I called you too.” Said Changwook. “I tried calling you many times in the past but you changed your number and I couldn’t contact you.”

There was silence in the air.

“Are you… jealous?” asked Changwook.

Yoona’s eyes widened. And then she gulped.

“You were the one who broke up with me, remember? You were the one who got yourself a new boyfriend that’s why you broke up with me.” Said Changwook.

Yoona looked stunned. And then there were tears flowing from her eyes one after another. She was holding her chest like she’s in pain.

Changwook immediately went beside Yoona and touched her face.

“Why… why? What are you feeling? Where is it painful?” asked Changwook, he’s worried. Yoona… suddenly looked pale.

Yoona bit her lip as tears continued to flow out.

“I… can’t… stand it anymore.” Said Yoona.

“What… do you need to be brought to the hospital?” asked Changwook.

“How can you… believed that? Did I… really act so well?” asked Yoona.

“What… do you mean…”

“After everything I said… after telling you how much I love you… did you not feel how real my feelings were? Did you… really believe that fell in love with KeunSuk Oppa just like that?”

Changwook’s hands dropped to his side.

This Yoona… his honest Yoona… his drunk Yoona… The Yoona who made him notice her…

“What… do you mean?” asked Changwook.

 “How can I just stop loving you… after loving you for so long? How can I stop loving you when the most painful thing that I have ever felt was leaving you?” said Yoona.

Changwook knew there must be a reason why Yoona left him. He couldn’t accept the fact that she fell in love with someone else. It was because, he felt how much Yoona loved him… and now Yoona is telling him the truth… Yoona… she did not leave him for that KeunSuk guy… she… loved him even when she left him…

The truth is Changwook already promised himself that the past doesn’t matter anymore. What matters is that he can still make it work for him and Yoona. What matters is now and the future with her. But here she is telling him the things he wanted to hear for so long…

“But why… did you leave me if you still loved me?” asked Changwook.

Yoona shook her head.  She took her bag.

“No… I can’t tell you…” Yoona took a step to leave but Changwook blocked her way.

“Tell me the reason. Tell me why you left me…why you had to make me believe you fell in love with someone else just so that you can leave me. Tell me… why you had to leave me when you still loved me.” Said Changwook.

Yoona did not answer.

“Did you fall in love with Keunsuk?”

“No. No. I only saw Sunbae as a friend.” Said Yoona.

“Then why?” asked Changwook.

Yoona saw Changwook’s eyes welling up, his tears are starting to fall.

“Do you know… how painful that was for me?”

Yoona’s heart is breaking.

“I… had to leave you because that’s the only way you won’t suffer more.” Said Yoona.

Changwook’s eyes narrowed, his brows closed in.

“What … do you mean?”

Changwook held Yoona’s arms.

“Your sister was sick… she needed to step down the CEO position. You had to take over. There are thousands of employees who need you… who needs you to be focused on the company to make sure you can handle the company well even when your sister can’t be there with you because she needed surgery. If…” Yoona took a deep breath. “If I were there beside you… I will be your weakness. People can attack you through me. And I may distract you from everything that you need to do for the company.”

Changwook’s hold on Yoona’s arm loosened.

“I have friends in the company…I saw families who rely on the company… if you can’t learn being CEO ASAP, all of those people will suffer… I can’t allow you to blame yourself for that… I saw how much you already blamed yourself for the death of your best friend, I know you will definitely blame yourself again if those families should lose the only source of their livelihood. I can’t allow you to live in that misery. I… chose to leave…. So that you can continue living in peace...”

Yoona’s words stopped when she felt Changwook pulling her to him in a sudden and tight embrace. It was a long moment. Changwook did not speak but Yoona can hear his breathing…

Changwook… is crying. He buried his face on Yoona’s neck making Yoona feel Changwook’s pain.

Yoona lifted her hands and reached for Changwook’s back… She returned Changwook’s embrace as tears trickled down her face.

“I’m… sorry.” Said Yoona finally. “I’m really… sorry…Oppa.”

Changwook’s sob came harder. Yoona tightened her embrace.

They were standing like that for minutes… Yoona did not even count how long it was… but they stood there in each other’s arm until Changwook’s raging emotions calmed.

Yoona was tapping Changwook’s back when Changwook finally lifted his face.

“Sorry I… made your blouse wet.” Said Changwook.

Yoona smiled.

Changwook took a deep breath.

“That was embarrassing…”

Yoona shook her head.

“I don’t think so.” Said Yoona.

Changwook sighed.

“Ya!” he raised his voice.”Did I only need to make you drunk to make you tell me how you feel about me honestly?!”

Yoona’s eyes widened.

“If I only knew… if I knew only alcohol can break your coldness towards me… I would have put alcohol in your drinks the first time I saw you in that anniversary party.” Said Changwook.

Yoona bit her lip hiding her smile.

Changwook pulled Yoona back in his arms.

“Yoona-yah…” said Changwook. “I… missed you too.”

Yoona closed her eyes as she savored the moment. This… can she keep her hopes up… Does this mean… he still…

“A lot.” Said Changwook

“Are you… being a two timer now?” asked Yoona.

“Huh?”

“You have a girlfriend but here you are hugging your ex.” Said Yoona.

Changwook pulled away.

“What is this again?” asked Changwook. “I told you, Minyoung is not my girlfriend. She’s a very close friend. That’s all there is between us.”

Yoona pouted.

“All right fine.” said Changwook. “Our families have plans to put the two of us together in marriage for business purposes. And my Dad is starting to take action about it. But… between Minyoung and I… we only treat each other as close friends.”

Yoona did not know what to feel about that. They… Changwook and Minyoung…

“So it is true…You two are getting married?” asked Yoona.

Yoona felt sharp tugs in her chest. It’s like floating in cloud nine one minute and then falling into the fires of hell in another.

“I just… want to prepare myself. If indeed the two of you are getting married… I... it means I need to distance myself…”

Changwook held Yoona’s hand.

“No… You are not leaving me again.” Said Changwook.

“Are you proposing that I be your mistress?” asked Yoona.

Changwook was taken aback.

“No… no.” said Changwook. “I wasn’t….”

Yoona tried to pull her hand away from Changwook.

“I… won’t give people a reason to look down on you again.” Said Changwook, tightening his hold on Yoona’s hand. “I am not going to marry Minyoung. I will make a way for my Dad’s plan not to happen.”

“Is there… really a way to stop him? Is Miss Minyoung really not interested in you?” asked Yoona.

Changwook sighed.

“I will think of a way to stop him. He already plans an announcement for the engagement. But I have to stop that. Trust me on this Yoona. And this time, listen to me ok? Don’t make decisions on your own.” Said Changwook.

“But Miss Minyoung…”

“Minyoung… has someone she loves deeply.” Said Changwook.

That stopped Yoona from further talking.

“And he’s one of the Managers of  Golden Air. They met in college. Minyoung loved him so much that she sacrificed a lot of things to keep him safe from this harsh world of our families.” Said Changwook. “Somehow their situation is like our situation.”

“Wow…” was the only word that came out of Yoona’s lips.

“Minyoung is on our side. The reason why the two of us keep meeting regularly is that first I’m helping her hotel recover and second… we’re preparing for the event. The employee event is when my Dad plans to make the engagement announcement.” Said Changwook. “However, we have not thought of a clear cut way to block Dad’s plan yet. But we’ve been talking of ways we can do that.”

Changwook lifted Yoona’s hand on his lips.

“I didn’t want to get you involved in this yet. I want to protect you, I want to make sure you’re going to be ok. Getting you involved in my family mess is going to rob you of peace and I will make sure that won’t happen.” Said Changwook.

Yoona sighed.

“I wish I could help.” Said Yoona.

Changwook pulled Yoona into his arms.


“Just stay by my side. You will be my strength.” Said Changwook.

--------------------

Insung noticed Yoona smiling as she was arranging some flowers in the office.

“You seemed to have a very good night’s sleep.” Said Insung. “Or perhaps… something really good happened.”

Yoona giggled.

“Oh… you’re not even denying it.” Said Insung.

Yoona bit her lip.

“Did Changowok and you get back together?” asked Insung.

Yoona hesitated to answer.

“When are you going to visit Miss Jiwon again, Boss?” asked Yoona. “Can I go with you?”

That stunned Insung.

“I thought you’d never want to see her again.” Said Insung.

“I want to apologize that I can no longer keep my promise with her to stay away from Changwook Oppa. I want to tell her personally that am still in love with her brother and that I will stay by his side now no matter what happens.” Said Yoona.

Insung smiled.

“We can visit her later.” Said Insung.

------------------------

Jiwon is pleased. More than pleased… she’s actually very happy.

Yoona blinked a few times. Jiwon doesn’t look angry or even irritated. She looked…overjoyed.

“Boss.,..” whispered Sulli. “It seems she has amnesia. I don’t think she understands what I’m talking about.”

Insung laughed.

“ I’m glad that you did not give up on my brother, Yoona. I apologize for breaking you two up. I know a simple apology won’t suffic. I know I’ve done a terrible thing to both you and my brother. I needed to do that for the company most especially because Changwook needed time to learn the CEO role fast at that time. But now… I think Changwook can have his life back… he deserves to be with the person he wants to be with.”

Yoona could not utter a word. Jiwon… is supporting them now?

Jiwon took a folded paper in her drawer.

“Give this to Changwook. Tell him it’s a gift from his sister. And also my apology for everything.”

Yoona took the paper.

“Can you promise to give that to him before the employee event?” asked Jiwon.

The event will happen two days from now.

Yoona nodded.

“I will hand this to him.” Said Yoona.

Jiwon smiled.

“Being part of this family won’t be easy.” Said Jiwon. “So you better prepare yourself, Yoona. But as early as now, I welcome you to the family.”

-------------------

Yoona reached Changwook’s house that night.  She pressed the doorbell. After a minute or two Changwook opened the door.

“What are you doing here?” asked Changwook.
“I’m trying to catch you if you are with another woman.” Said Yoona.

“That’s not going to happen.” Said Changwook.

Yoona made her way in which made Changwook’s eyes widen.

“Let’s see…hmm… you seemed to have hidden your woman well.” Said Yoona.

Yoona doesn’t seem to be drunk. But she’s being really bold.

“Stop it. You know I won’t look for another woman when you’re all I need.” Said Changwook.

Yoona’s lips arc into a smile as a blush crept on her cheek. Yoona turned her back on Changwook to hid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter