Women are Puzzles

Can't Get Drunk!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11

 

Yoona took a while to answer.

“What… are you asking me to do?” asked Yoona.

“I already asked everyone else to do it. I know it will be hard for you to work with this company again. But no one accepted it. I didn’t want to offer this event to you Yoona. I really tried… but… You are the only one left. I want you to handle Golden Airline’s Anniversary Event.” Said Insung

Yoona closed her eyes.

“You said that if this event failed… the stockholders will kick Mr. Ji out as their CEO?” asked Yoona

Insung could see the shaking of Yoona’s hand. Jiwon was right… Yoona is still in love with Changwook.

“Yes. He’d lose everything. And the company and all of its employees will suffer… it’s the event that everyone is preparing for every year.” Said Insung.

That includes all Yoona’s friends in the company.

Yoona opened her eyes.

“It maybe an impossible task if you look at it.” Said Insung. “But I will personally help you. So you don’t have to shoulder this on your own.”

Yoona nodded.

Yoona wet her lip as she took a breath of courage.

“All right. I’ll do it.” Said Yoona.

“Good.” Said Insung. “Let’s start preparations.”

“I will go to the venue that was already reserved. I will check the seats, the design, the sound system etc.”  said Yoona. “I will book a host, the florists, the caterer and the invitations. Invitations has to be sent out ASAP.”

“I’ll handle the invitations, Yoona. Focus on the event.” Said Insung.

Yoona nodded.

“All right, Boss.”

“Let’s do that then. We have a very tight timing.” Said Insung.

Yoona took a deep breath.

“All right.”

-----------------

Yoona checked the venue.

“Good. It seems everything is settled now.” Said Yoona. “According to the initial list, there are five vegetarian attendees. These are the names. Please make sure they are served separately.”

The Hotel Representative nodded.

“We will note this.”

Yoona smiled.

“Wow… this is amazing. We were able to accomplish a lot of things in just one day.” Said Golden Airline’s Event Manager.

“We have always had a good working relationship with this hotel.” Said Yoona. “That is why it’s easier to work with them. However… since the number of invitees is big… we can’t get any indoor room anymore.”

“All the function and events room are already booked.” Said the Hotel Representative. “However… we can set up a tent in the garden. It can cover everyone.”

“What does that entail?” asked the Golden Airline Manager.

“That means security has to be tighter since it’s an open venue. Also, sound system must be checked and backup has to be prepared. Weather is our biggest enemy.” Said Yoona.

“Good thing it’s summer, outdoor event would be impossible during winter.” Said the hotel representative.

Yoona nodded.

“I have already talked everything with my Boss. We have already coordinated with the security team.” Said Yoona.

“Hopefully, it doesn’t rain.” Said the Golden Air Manager.

When they wrapped up everything, Yoona led the Manager to the hotel lobby.

“It’s a relief your company accepted this event. I was going to lose my mind. The CEO was so furious.” Said the Manager.

Yoona bit her lip.

“The CEO?”

“Yes, Mr. Ji. He wanted to make sure the event pushes through. This is his first Anniversary event as the CEO. It’s a big thing. You see all stockholders are invited together with suppliers.” The Manager sighed. “I was sure he was going to fire me.”

“He won’t.” said Yoona.

“Huh?”

“It wasn’t your fault that the prior Events company closed. It wasn’t your fault their owner died.” Said Yoona. “From what I know, Mr. Ji is a very reasonable person. He will not fire you when he knows you are not accountable.”

“You know our CEO?” asked the Manager.

“Oh…Ummm… I worked in Golden Air for a while.” Said Yoona.

“I see…” said the Manager.

Yoona went silent for a while.

“The CEO… he doesn’t take part in the Event preparation right?” asked Yoona.

“Oh… he normally doesn’t. He’s very busy. That’s what he needs me for.” Said the Manager. “Why do you ask?”

“Oh… I just… am worried I might get pressured if he suddenly visits while we are preparing.” said Yoona. “It’s a relief he doesn’t personally get involved. I can focus on work.”

The Manager nodded.

“See you tomorrow then, Ms. Im.” Said the manager.

Yoona nodded.

-----------------------

The night of the event came. It was a hectic two weeks. Yoona had to hand all her projects over to other people. She had to focus on Golden Air. Until last night, Yoona was still finalizing the program today. Insung helped a lot. Whenever she faced a deadend, Insung would contact someone who could help. It was a miracle the event is now happening.

Yoona wore an offshoulder black dress. She was going back and forth making sure everything is all right.

“The CEO is coming. Get ready.” Said the Event manager.

Yoona’s hand went to her chest. Her heart is beating fast.

“Do you want to greet him?” asked Insung, standing beside Yoona.

Yoona took a deep breath.

“I think that… it would be better if he doesn’t see me.” Said Yoona. “This is his night. Nothing should go wrong.”

Insung noticed Yoona’s eyes getting too moist.

“I need to greet him as the Event company owner.” Said Insung.

Yoona smiled.

“I will be at the back. I will check the food and the host.” Said Yoona.

Insung nodded and then he proceeded to welcome the CEO.

“Good Evening, Sir.” Greeted the Manager.

Changwook walked the red carpet. Photos of him were taken.

“How’s everything?” asked Changwook.

“Everything is going well, Sir. Many are already here. The VIPs are almost complete.” Said the manager.

“Good. I will give the opening remarks right?” said Changwook.

“Yes, Sir.” Said the Manager.

Changwook stopped.

“You are Jo Insung.” said Changwook. “You are my sister’s friend…well… I guess ‘only friend’ would be more fitting.”

Insung smiled.

“Yes and Yes.” Said Insung.

“He is the owner of the Event Organizing Company who made this event possible for us.” Said the manager.

“Oh… is that so.” Changwook’s eyes widened. “That is great.”

Changwook shook Insung’s hand.

“It must have been a really stressful two weeks. I gave you a lot of headache.” Said Changwook.

Insung chuckled.

“I had a couple of headache but it was one of my representatives who was directly working on this event. She was the one who took most of the headache.” Said Insung.

“I should personally thank your representative. Where is he?” asked Changwook.

“Oh yes.” Said the manager. “Where is Ms. Im? She should greet the CEO, right?”

Ms. Im…

Changwook’s eyes thinned.

“Ms. Im is taking care of things at the back.” Said Insung.

Insung noticed Changwook’s sudden silence.

“It seems the heaven is on our side. It’s not raining and we are enjoying a rather cool weather on a summer night.” Insung tried to change the topic.

Changwook nodded.

“Yes… well then. Let us prepare for the program.” Said Changwook.

They all walked on.

“Oh, Insung.” Said Changwook

“Huh?”

“After I open the program, I want to meet your representative. Somebody who can make an impossible possible for Golden Air is someone that has to be commended.” Said Changwook.

Insung’s eyes widened.

Changwook did not let the topic go.

“I…umm… will look for her.” Said Insung.

-----------------

Changwook gave a really short but inspiring opening speech. Changwook’s Dad was present. The old man gave a few words after Changwook. After that, the program officially started.

Changwook and his Dad started to go around greeting people. Reports were being delivered on stage by some managers.

Changwook noticed Insung walking towards the back.

“Dad, I need to greet someone from the Event Organizing company.” Said Changwook.

“All right. Be sure to come back fast. The people will look for you.” said Changwook’s Dad.

“I will.”

Changwook walked towards the back.

While walking, Changwook heard Insung and a woman talking.

“He insisted to meet you.” said Insung.

“But Boss… you know I can’t meet him…” said the woman.

Her voice was familiar… painfully familiar.

Ms. Im…

“He wants to personally thank you.” said Insung.

“Please tell him I have already received his thanks. I was only doing my job.” Said the woman.

Changwook felt his heart started drumming, his chest tightening.

Changwook saw Insung’s back. He walked another step forward and saw the glimpse of the woman Insung was talking to. She was wearing a black off shoulder dress… her skin was glowing… Her face is a beauty. And then the woman’s eyes went to him. She noticed him behind Insung. Their eyes met. Her eyes widened.

Changwook suddenly felt air wasn’t enough to breathe.

“Im Yoona.” Said Changwook.

Insung turned back and saw Changwook behind him.

“Oh… Mr. Ji… you’re here…” Insung was stunned. This is a very… odd situation.

“Umm… well then… let me introduce the representative who worked on this event. This is Im Yoona.” Said Insung.

“I know who she is.” Said Changwook.

Yoona looked away.

“Oh right.” Said Insung. “I heard she worked in Golden Air before.”

“So… You now work for Insung’s company?” asked Changwook

Yoona wet her lip as she nodded.

“How long has she been working for you?” asked Changwook.

Insung is caught in the middle what is he to do?

“Ummm… around three months. She learned a lot of things fast. She’s one of my most promising representative.” Said Insung.

“Can I give her my thanks in private?” asked Changwook.

“Huh?” asked Insung.

 “Can you give me and Ms. Im a few minutes, Insung? I want to give her my thanks…with just the two of us.”

Yoona closed her eyes for a second.

“Oh…” Insung is in panic mode. What is he to do? What is Changwook planning?

“It’s ok Boss.” Said Yoona.

“Are you sure?” asked Insung.

Yoona nodded.

Insung took a deep breath and then walked away.

It took a while before someone spoke.

“Three months…” said Changwook. “Why did you lie?”

Yoona did not answer.

“You said you worked for that KeunSuk Guy’s company. You resigned because you want to work for your new boyfriend.” Said Changwook

Yoona felt the wounds in her heart opening. The pain is so intense she wanted to cry. But she can’t… not in front of him…

“I did not lie.” Said Yoona. “You assumed.”

She… did not go work for KeunSuk?

Then does that mean… she did not leave Golden Air for KeunSuk’s company?

It made Changwook’s mind and heart in chaos…. He’s confused…

What is happening? Why did she have to hide the truth?

There was silence between them.

“What else… did you lie to me about?” asked Changwook.

Yoona gulped but remained calm. Her face was stone.

“I don’t know what you are talking about. I told you… everything there is.” Yoona walked ahead but Changwook grabbed her arm.

“Did you really… leave me for him?” asked Changwook. “Did you really breakup with me because you fell in love with that brat?”

Yoona tried to pull her arm but Changwook’s hold was strong.

“I do not think it is right for us to talk about that here.” Said Yoona. “We should both focus on our respective work.”

Yoona pulled her arm free and walked on.

“You know what you look like now? You look like you just came out of an ice. You think you’re stronger because you can now hide how you feel?” Said Changwook.

That stopped Yoona’s steps.

“That’s what you taught me.” Said Yoona. “Hide your vulnerabilities and never show weakness.”

Changwook chuckled.

“I did tell you that.” Said Changwook. “But my opinion has changed because of what you said before.”

Changwook turned to face Yoona’s back.

“Showing your emotion is part of sincerity as a person. It is being honest.” Said Changwook.

Yoona  bit her lip to stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter