When She Gets Drunk, She Gets Really Drunk!

Can't Get Drunk!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 1

When She Gets Drunk, She Gets Really Drunk!

 

“Thank you for your loyal patronage to the Golden Sun Airlines. I am Im Yoona, and I am calling you to offer a very big opportunity to travel with Golden Sun for free.”

“For free? Is this for real?”

“Yes, Sir. All you have to do is fly five times with us within the year for the same destination and your sixth flight will be free.” Said Yoona, a little enthusiasm on her voice.

“What? Five times within this year? It’s already November, Miss.  I am not so rich! And for the same destination? Why will I go to the same destination that many times a year? I don’t even go see my parents in the province twice a year.” Said the customer, clearly displeased.

Yoona covered the speaker on her head. She sighed as she let her frustration go.

“Sir, You are one of our valued customers that is why we wanted to let you know of this very limited offer.” Said Yoona.

“I’m sorry Miss but I bet no one will take this offer!” said the customer. “I’m not interested. And please don’t call during office hours. I have work you know! It’s bothersome.”

Wow… That’s the fourth rude response Yoona got today, and it’s only 9 in the morning!

“Sorry for taking your time, Sir. Good day.”

Yoona ended the call.

Why? Why does the company she’s working for at giving offers like this! Even Yoona knows the offer is illogical.

“He has a point, you know.” Said Yoona, talking to herself as she closed her eyes. “Who would even take this offer?”

“I hope you are not doubting your own product.”

Yoona’s eyes immediately opened wide as she turned back and saw who that deep man’s voice came from.

Mr. Ji.

The Operations Manager of their group, Ji ChangWook.

Yoona’s heart started beating fast.

“Ss…Sir.” Yoona stood up like a soldier and took a deep bow.

“I’m sorry Sir, it was not my intention to speak that way.” Said Yoona, her voice has that sound of desperation. “I was just letting the frustration of this morning go. I shouldn’t have spoken that way, please excuse my behavior.”

There was a few moments of silence, it was excruciating waiting for his response.

“What’s your name?” asked Mr. Ji.

“Oh no… Is he about to fire me?” thought Yoona. “This is only my first offense right? Well… I mean the first offense directly in front of him. Can’t he give me another chance?”

Yoona cleared , her head still bowed down.

“My name is Im Yoona, Sir.” Said Yoona. “I’m one of the operations agents who is currently assigned to give the new offer.”

“Lift your head.” Said Mr. Ji.

Yoona stood straight, but no confidence is left in her as she prepared her heart for any disciplinary action.

Yoona wiped the sweat on her forehead. Everyone in the office was looking at her. Even her supervisor is shaking his head as if telling her What a careless girl.

“Did the call already end before you made that comment?” asked Mr. Ji.

Yoona nodded.

“Yes Sir.”

“Then that’s fine.” Said Mr. Ji.

Eh?

It’s…fine?

“Sir…you mean…”

“As long as the customer did not hear that, then that’s fine. Everyone gets frustrated. Especially in your kind of work, I’m sure the frustration is doubled because you receive all the rude responses from them. We must not let them hear our frustration at all cost. But you did that outside the call so it’s fine. But I would rather you let your frustration go in private, so that your Bosses won’t hear it.” Said. Mr. Ji with a slight smile.

Yoona nodded as relief washed over her.

“Yes, Sir. I definitely learned my lesson now.” Said Yoona. “Thank you.”

“Mr. Park, I want you to send a complaint to the head office regarding our new promo offer. It seems that even our agents are finding it unreasonable. The head office must review it so that our image to our customers won’t be tarnished by it.” Mr. Ji ordered Yoona’s supervisor.

“Oh no… Mr. Park has additional work because of me…” thought Yoona. She closed her eyes as fear started in her chest. Mr. Park will scold her later.

“You.”

Yoona opened her eyes.

Did Mr. Ji call her?

“You should learn to be more confident.” Said Mr. Ji. “Immediately bowing down like that just because of a small matter, your fear shows all over you. Even now, I can see your nervousness. It’s so obvious only the blind won’t see.”

Yoona bit her lip.

It had always been her downside.

Confidence was never by her side.

“I will try harder in the future, Sir.” Said Yoona.

“We’ll see.” Said Mr. Ji.

And then he walked on.

“He’s… A sensible man.” said a female coworker. “He’s very reasonable.”

Yoona nodded.

“That’s why a lot of women in the company are crushing on him.” Said another female coworker. “He’s such a perfection! Handsome, Rich, intelligent, Skillful and Hot!”

Yoona sighed as she took her seat.

They are right.  Mr. Ji is definitely a person to be admired. But for Yoona, in her 3 years in the company… It was not just admiration… For the past 3 years… her feelings for Mr. Ji Chang Wook has grown to love.

It was probably because during her first day at work, she almost did not make it to the orientation of the new hires if she did not bump into Mr. Ji. He saw her new hire ID and told her orientations were already starting and was even kind enough to take her to the conference room. She had no idea how high his rank was.

“You look depressed. Being a new hire is tough, huh? You don’t know the place, you don’t know the schedules and yet people are expecting you to just know it by mere common sense. They should have made it clear to you that the first thing to go to is the orientation. But they didn’t tell you expecting you’d already know it. This company has to learn a lot about taking care of people.  So don’t feel too depressed as if you failed on your first day. Each day… Tomorrow is an opportunity to learn and be better.”

His kind gestures and words… was enough to make Yoona’s heart beat like it never did before…and it had never stopped beating crazy whenever he’s around… which does not happen often.

It’s been 3 years now.

For Yoona… Mr. Ji is like her Star. Whenever things fall apart for her in the company, she just tries to remember his words back then and everything seems to be lighter.

“But then he will never pay attention to any of you no matter how much you like him.” Said a male co worker.

Yoona shook her thoughts away.

The female workers sighed.

“That’s true. He’s too high for us to reach, right Yoona?” said a female coworker.

Yoona nodded.

In her 3 years in the company, she only had 2 interactions with him. First, the new hire first day. Second, the thing that happened just a minute ago… That is why Mr. Ji is just a dream that will never come true.

Especially with someone like her…

…Someone who does not possess a tiny ounce of confidence in her body…. How can he ever pay attention to her?

Yoona took a deep breath.

Confidence. She has to develop her confidence!

“Everyone!” called Mr. Park. “I know the work of our group is getting harder and harder as days go by especially with the unreasonable demands from the head office. Don’t let them know I just said that. But since everyone is bearing the stress well, I want to invite you all for a drink tonight. It’s all on me. So anyone who wants to join can join.”

Everyone started cheering. That is the first good news of the day!

“Wow… Mr. Park is being generous.” Said someone

“Free drinks! Who would say no to that?” laughed another.

It seems Yoona has to skip overtime for tonight and join everyone. She needs a drink!

-----------------------

Yoona sat at the corner of the room. Everyone is pouring soju on each other as if everyone wants to go home drunk.

“This is how you drink when it’s free.” Said Yoona’s friend Hyorin.

“When you say it’s free everyone drinks like they’re just drinking water!” said another person.

Hyorin poured more soju on Yoona’s cup, she just emptied it a minute ago.

“You know I’m not good with al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter