Free birdie

Firebird Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol whistled happily while carrying baby Mia in his right arm. His left hand was holding Mia’s feeding bottle and Jasper’s pants. He struggled to make baby Mia happy because she was being painfully cranky ever since she woke up that morning. Chanyeol knew that she was searching for her Papa, Baekhyun. Kissing her chubby cheeks, Chanyeol serenaded her favorite nursery songs and chuckled when she started grinning and clapped her hands.


 

“Jasper, come here!” Chanyeol yelled, bellowing for his pants-less son that was currently pretending to fly with his wide-opened arms, running all around their house. Jasper’s lack of response to his calls made him sigh in frustration. Jasper really loved to see Chanyeol’s dumbfounded face each time he blatantly ignored him like that. Pursing his lips, he just resigned into watching his energetic son that was running all the way from the kitchen until their living room area.


 

“Wuuu…, look at me, Mia. I’m flying!” Jasper screamed, flapping his arms playfully to make his baby sister laughed at his animated acts.


 

“Shi..shi!” Mia giggled, pointing at her big brother’s dangling ‘little birdie,’ that was clearly exposed when her brother jumped.


 

“Oh God...Jasper, can you please wear your trousers?” Chanyeol grumbled and sat on the 3-seater couch in the living room. He gingerly placed Mia on his lap and shook his head. “Jasper is following your Papa’s favorite way of wearing clothes, clearly without pants,” he deadpanned, kissing Mia’s soft locks. Chanyeol chuckled when the image of a lusciously gorgeous Baekhyun wearing only his baggy shirt to sleep suddenly flashed inside his mind.  


 

“Papa? Papa!” Mia whined, eyes b with tears when she began to wildly examine for her Papa’s presence inside the room.  


 

“Sorry Mia, your Papa is still working right now,” Chanyeol cooed, lifting his daughter up and gently kissed her cheeks. He winced in pain when Mia pulled his hair, struggling to get away. “I know you miss your Papa. I miss him too. So let’s be patient alright? He’ll be back soon, please don't cry, sweetheart,” he placed Mia back on his lap and caressed her hair.


 

“Baby Mia, don’t cry,” Jasper smiled, stepping closer to his little sister. “Look..look at my funny face!” he chirped while trying to make all kind of hideous and weird faces to make Mia laugh.


 

“Shi..shi!” Mia giggled, slapping her brother’s face.


 

Chanyeol sighed and pulled Jasper’s shirt down to cover his eccentric son’s private area. “Put on your pants or she will call you ‘shi shi’ for the rest of your life, Jasper,” he ordered while handing out the trousers to his son’s reach. He bit his bottom lip when he saw Jasper shook his head vigorously. He already knew that his stubborn son would do that. Jasper really didn’t like to wear pants; just like his headstrong Papa. Chanyeol groaned. Such a great life he had, which was dealing with another , small-sized Baekhyun, with exactly similar attitude, in the same house.



“I want little birdie to feel free, birdie doesn't like being trapped in those pants!” Jasper whined and slowly stepped away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn’t have the ability to catch his agile son because baby Mia was seated on his lap, clapping her hands, enjoying her big brother’s adamant attitude.
 


“That totally sounds like your Papa who’s talking back to me, don’t call it…urgh…why does your Papa keeps teaching you so many ridiculous things, he is the intellectual one among us,” he grunted, pursing his lips as he carefully placed his daughter on the sofa with her small pillow underneath her head and gave her the milk bottle. He played with Mia's brunette hair and kissed her small digits.



“I miss your Papa so much. You and your brother are way much stronger than me,” Chanyeol said while smooching Mia's soft cheeks, giving her full, undivided attention, because Mia liked to be pampered and spoiled all the time. She was their princess after all.



“You just have to follow my traits don’t you, Princess?” Chanyeol snickered. Mia was just like him, clingy and needy while her older brother, Jasper was independent and brave, just like his Papa, Baekhyun.



“Daddy…help!”



Chanyeol’s heart almost stopped beating when he heard Jasper’s cries for help. He quickly got up and placed Mia inside her playpen before running toward Jasper that was in the kitchen area.



“What happened?” Chanyeol dreaded with his eyes trained on searching for his son in the kitchen, mouth silently cursing every time he stepped on Jasper’s small bricks of LEGO collections littered on the floor.



“I can’t hold it in any longer, the little birdie has to pee here, I’m really sorry,” Jasper sobbed. He covered his face with his small palms, avoiding looking at his Daddy’s mad face.
 


“It’s alright, you’re still in your training period. It’s fine to make mistake, you’ll learn from it,” Chanyeol consoled as he dragged his son away from the poodle of urine and carried him to the bathroom to wash him up.



“You’re squeaky clean again! Now, let’s wear your pants alright? Here you go,” Chanyeol grinned while crouching down and placed the pants in front of the pads of his son's feet, patiently waiting for Jasper to lift his tiny legs into his shorts.



“Poor little birdie can’t breathe…no,” Jasper coldly uttered in reluctance while walking away from Chanyeol.


 

Jasper made him speechless again. Huffing in frustration, Chanyeol pushed his hair back. He winced when he heard Mia screaming in her high pitched voice from her playpen.



This was going to be a very, very long day for Daddy Chanyeol.


 

Chanyeol finally had the time to sprawl his fatigue body on his comfy couch after their dinner. Baby Mia was playing with her brother right in front of him in the living space. Chanyeol’s huge eyes were stuck to a piece of a photograph that was jutting out from one of the drawers in their TV cabinet. He crawled toward the furniture and pulled the picture out of the drawer. He couldn't stop laughing when he stared at the old picture. It was a photo of him and Baekhyun, dressed in their school uniforms. The 16 years old Chanyeol was smiling so brightly beside the 17 years old grumpy-looking Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked extremely annoyed, pursing his lips with arms crossed over his chest. He remembered that the candid image was taken by Sehun, Baekhyun’s little brother. It was not an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter