extra #1

Firebird Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I asked you to protect him, not to date him, Byun Baekhyun,” Mr. Byun scowled and started to massage his wrinkly forehead. He was stupefied when Chanyeol told him about his not-so-tiny crush toward his son several days ago when he said that he was going to confess his feelings to Baekhyun. He didn’t mention anything about it because he never thought that his intelligent son would ever choose Chanyeol, a young rebellious boy with complicated family background. Well, he was wrong.



“I-I like him,” Baekhyun blushed. He was so glad that Chanyeol was still asleep on his hospital bed or he would’ve been awfully embarrassed.

 


“I’m not going to ask both of you to stop, but let’s see how long this love of yours will last,” Mr. Byun smirked. They were young and reckless teenagers, he didn’t have to do anything to force them to break up. It would definitely happen soon by their own accords.



For Baekhyun, his father’s words were a challenge. He loved challenges and challenges must be won to prove himself.


 

---


 

“W-what are you doing here?” Baekhyun stuttered when he saw Chanyeol enjoying breakfast together with Sehun in their kitchen, completely dressed in his school uniform. ‘He’s already out from the hospital?’



Coughing, Chanyeol quickly wiped the bread crumbs at the corners of his mouth and sheepishly smiled at Baekhyun. “I…I want to walk together with you to school?” he answered while scratching the back of his head. The tip of his protruding ears became beet red because of his own words.



“Sehun put that idea inside your head right?” Baekhyun scowled toward Sehun that acted like he’s busy eating breakfast while playing with his phone. He grumpily sat beside Chanyeol and started munching on his food.



“I-I’m sorry…if you don’t like it, I’ll go to school first,” Chanyeol stammered. He didn’t want to make Baekhyun upset too early in the morning, so he quickly shoved a piece of bread inside his mouth and stood up to step away from the dining table.



Baekhyun harshly grabbed Chanyeol by his crooked tie and yanked him to sit on the chair again. He flinched when their bodies collided and Chanyeol’s arm was on his back. The younger male used Baekhyun’s body to steady his wobbly one when he was being pulled by him. He heard Chanyeol’s deep voice whispering ‘Sorry’ beside his ear before he scooted away.



Baekhyun shrugged and used his thumb to wipe the peanut butter jam stain on Chanyeol’s chin and accidentally grazed his fingertips on the young boy’s plush lips. Groaning, he hated himself for becoming too flustered when that happened. The innocent touch made his heartbeats accelerate like crazy inside his heart. It didn’t help when Chanyeol his bottom lip while staring at him with a very red face. ‘Are they really boyfriends now?’



“W-we’ll go to school together,” Baekhyun blushed.


“What now? Baekhyun rolled his eyes when Sehun started to take his pictures with Chanyeol.
 


“He’s your first boyfriend, this must be marked down in history,” Sehun guffawed when he glanced at Baekhyun’s unamused face.
 


Grumbling, Baekhyun pursed his lips and rubbed his face exasperatedly with his palms. He wanted to choke Sehun with his bare hands for being so helpful informing Chanyeol that embarrassing fact. He was too engaged with his studies and painting, how was he supposed to have time to date at all?



“I’m your first?” Chanyeol blinked. “Really, hyung?” He whispered while gawking at Baekhyun’s pink face. Baekhyun was a very pretty boy with a brilliant brain. He was good at sports and fighting too. Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun had so many admirers. He didn’t expect himself to be his very first boyfriend.



“Just hurry up and take the damn photo!” Baekhyun whined. Chanyeol made him perplexed when he stared at him with an awestricken expression written all across his handsome face.



Baekhyun grumbled when Chanyeol still walked behind him like he used to do when they were only friends back then. He paused in his steps and waited until Chanyeol arrived beside him. They both smiled, gaze locked on each other’s before both of them started walking together side by side, with Baekhyun’s shoulder sometimes bumping on Chanyeol’s side. It was so cold and he badly wanted to hold Chanyeol’s hand. ‘It’s a normal thing to hold your boyfriend’s hand right? I don’t know anything about dating, I’m so dumb!’ Baekhyun sighed. He wanted to touch Chanyeol, holding his hand and link their fingers together. Did that thought make him a ert? He was the older one between them, should he initiate all the things that couples did first?



Baekhyun closed his eyes and shoved his hand into Chanyeol’s jacket pocket. He could feel that Chanyeol was surprised by the sudden act. “I’m cold,” He quickly explained before Chanyeol could say anything about it. There was a brief moment of eerie silence between them when Chanyeol looked at him with a shocked face. ‘Great, now I look desperate,’ He bit his bottom lip and tore his gaze away from Chanyeol’s face. To lessen the awkward feelings that crept inside his heart, he started to rummage inside Chanyeol’s pocket. Baekhyun’s hand could only identify half of the things inside it such as a penny, few candies, candy wrappers, and a hot pack.



“Why are you keeping all these rubbish inside your pocket? Throw them away,” Baekhyun grumbled. He collected all the useless papers, crumpled them into a small ball and threw it into the nearest dustbin that he saw at the roadside. He slipped his hand back inside Chanyeol’s pocket and softly hummed, enjoying the warmth again.



“I…I like you too,” Chanyeol blushed.



“Huh?” Baekhyun frowned when he heard Chanyeol’s unforeseen confession.



“I heard you said you like me at the hospital, I’m sorry that I couldn’t answer back at that moment,” Chanyeol whispered coyly.



“Y-you heard that?” Baekhyun gasped. He quickly pull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter