extra #4 (future)

Firebird Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Future; Phoenix's headquarter


 

Chanyeol growled, livid as he grabbed the man on his shirt collar in anger. “If I ever found you trying to cheat in one of my casinos again I’ll....,”



 

The abrupt blaring sound coming from his smartphone halted Chanyeol from slamming his fist on the man’s already wounded face. He frowned, pushing the man harshly to the floor and fished out the device from his pants pocket. His eyes widened at the sight of the caller ID that kept blinking on his phone screen dauntingly.



 

“...it’s Princess,” he panicked. Instantly wiping the fresh blood on his knuckles, he fixed his messy hair and huffed. “How do I look?”



 

Jongin snickered, pointing at the flustered Phoenix's hand. “Emm, there’s still blood on your sleeves Chan,” he said and quickly helped to fold Chanyeol’s long sleeves until they reached his elbow. “Do you really have to pick up her call right now though?”



 

“I’ve got to, she’s at my parents’ right now. It’s the time for her bedtime story,” Chanyeol’s eyes wandered around the room, trying to scour for the best angle to pick up the call.



 

“Move,” he grumpily kicked the man that was lying unconscious on the tiled floor to the side. The man deserved it, he shouldn’t be blocking Phoenix’s way. Chanyeol needed to act fast before Mia hung up or else it would be Baekhyun’s ID that’s appearing soon. If that happened then Park Chanyeol’s absolutely a dead meat, mafia leader or not.



 

“Nobody makes any noise or I’ll slash your throats,” Chanyeol gave warning to his men that were trying to assist him in searching for a proper spot in order for him to answer his daughter’s call. Once he’s satisfied enough with the set up at the corner of the dimly lit room, Chanyeol cleared his throat and swiped the green pick up button with a large smile on his otherwise brooding face.


 

“Daddy! Daddy!” Mia screamed enthusiastically in a squeaky voice, her chubby face filled Chanyeol’s entire phone screen.



 

“Hey Princess,” Chanyeol cooed, gulping down his saliva apprehensively as he saw Mia started to frown. His five years old daughter's eyebrows knitted as she began to peek around the screen.



 

“Where are you, Daddy? Why is it so dark in your office?” Mia blinked in curiosity, leaning closer to the phone screen as she tried to push her long black hair aside from covering her view.  



 

“Oh...the light bulb is broken, darling. Daddy will repair it soon,” Chanyeol smiled as he sat on the red velvet chair that his goon prepared at the corner of the room. He knew that every time his little princess was at his parents’ house, their video call was surely going to be longer than usual.



 

“But Daddy, do you know that you can hurt your eyes if you do your work in that kind of lighting? You’ll hurt your eyes and I don't want you to get hurt!” Mia whined sulkily. She pouted and grumpily plopped her small body on her bed.



 

“I know, Princess. I’ll fix it soon, I promise,” Chanyeol grinned and propped his back on the chair, staring at his adorable daughter fondly.



 

“Daddy, I’m going to sleep,” Mia beamed, tucking herself inside her dusty pink blanket. “I’m ready,” she huffed after several seconds, patting the thick, fluffy blanket that was covering her whole body while eyeing the phone on her hand.



 

Chanyeol chuckled, her daughter’s mischievous act made him crack a smile. Inhaling and exhaling deeply, he began to sing. “My Little Pony, My Little Pony…,” he sang joyfully, moving his body according to the beat of the song until the end. Mia clapped her tiny hands excitedly. Her eyes sparkled, she looked utterly satisfied with his performance and that made Chanyeol so happy. The big smile marring his Princess's face made him so contented, knowing he was the reason behind it. He could just keep singing the song for hours on end, over and over again if Mia wanted him to.



 

“Daddy! Only you can sing this song perfectly,” Mia chirped with her thumbs up. “Papa always got stuck at the fast words part in the song, you are an awesome rapper, Daddy,”



 

Shrugging, Chanyeol smirked, at least there was something that Baekhyun was not good at. “Of course, I’m Princess Mia’s personal rapper,”  



 

“I love you, Daddy.  You are the best rapper ever,” Mia cooed, yawning as she snuggled into her blanket and rubbed her watery eyes with the back of her little palm.



 

“Daddy, can I get a pony?” she mumbled. Scratching her chin drowsily, Mia continued.



 

“I want a pony with pink hair. Can I have it, Daddy? Please?”



 

Dumbfounded by his Princess’s odd request, Chanyeol couldn't help but frown. “A pony, Princess?” his heart melted immediately when he saw how fast Mia’s nodded in response, agreeing to his words.



 

Smacking his lips together, he smiled. “Hmm, let me see what I can do about it, alright Princess?” he sighed in relief when Mia grinned at him. Chanyeol could hear the sound of the door being opened and his mother’s smiling face waving at him beside Mia entered his view.



 

“Enough story times, let's go to sleep. You can meet your Daddy and Papa tomorrow,” Mrs. Park kissed Mia’s ebony hair.



 

“Goodnight, Princess. Daddy loves you so much. See you tomorrow,” Chanyeol bade farewell as he jutted his lips toward the screen to send flying kisses to his daughter. Puffing his cheeks, Chanyeol slumped his body further into the chair as soon as the video call ended. Shoving his phone into his suit pocket, he stood up and sauntered toward the unconscious man.



 

“I’m glad that he didn't wake up and cause a fuss while I’m talking to my daughter,” he said while kicking the splayed body of the said man.



 

“Chan, you beat him like a punching bag. It’s a miracle he is still alive,” Jongin sighed.



 

“Whatever,” Chanyeol shrugged offhandedly. After a few minutes of twirling his cigarette in his fingers, he finally placed it between his lips and frowned as he waited for Jongin to help light it up. Deeply inhaling the toxic smoke into his lungs, he released it slowly through his nose and walked away from the foggy room.



 

“Let's go, I have a pony to catch,”


 

---


 

Future; Park-Byun’s residence


 

Park Chanyeol’s house would be bustling in the morning. Baekhyun would cook their breakfast and then they would be enjoying their breakfast together before Chanyeol dropped off all of them to work and school respectively.



 

“Daddy! Daddy!” Mia screamed as she skipped toward Chanyeol that was delightfully sipping on his morning coffee. She jumped to sit snuggly on her Daddy’s lap and giggled when her Daddy’s groaned while trying to balance her from falling on the floor. Mia placed her hairbands and comb on the mahogany dining table in front of them and beamed up at her Daddy.



 

“I want you to turn my hair into a bun today, like donuts! Can you do that, Daddy?” She grinned eagerly, her dark brown orbs shining.



 

“Of course, Princess. I practiced hard with your Papa learning to make perfect hair bun last night. Don’t worry, leave it all to me,” Chanyeol chuckled and started combing Mia’s soft raven locks.



 

“Really? You’re making hair buns with Papa last night?” Mia gasped, staring at her Papa’s flustered face.



 

“We made so many things last night,” Chanyeol smiled smugly. He winced when Baekhyun kicked him from under the table. After a few minutes of struggling to make the hair buns neat on his daughter’s head, Chanyeol sighed, finally at ease when Mia loved his work.



 

“Go and get your bag,” he kissed the top of Mia’s head and put her down on the floor. He smiled when he saw Mia tiny feet running in the direction of her bedroom.




 

After making sure Mia and Jasper were inside their bedrooms to fetch their school bags, Chanyeol tiptoed quietly, approaching Baekhyun from behind. Baekhyun was busy cleaning the dishes in the kitchen sink when he wrapped his arms aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter