Introductions

Legend

Taemin stumbled a bit as I pushed away from him.

Who did he think he was? Getting nosy and rifting through someone else’s  private life. Forcing me to say things and answer questions that were irrelevant to his knowing. What next? Going to ask me if I was legend?

I glared at him.

“I see.” You do, do you now? I continued to stare at his perfect – stupid – face.

“My parents are the same.” What?

He led me by my hand to the sofa sitting me down before brining the food to us. I immediately started eating hoping I wouldn’t have to talk.

“They come home once or twice a year, never telling me where they’ll go next. Just leaving without a care. There are certain years where they don’t even bother to come back.”

He was shivering and I put down my plate of pancakes and walked to the closet and pulled out a giant blanket fit for 5. I gave him a corner and sat back sipping my tea, my finished plate in front of me.

“I now live with my Hyungs. They’re older than me, but they’re awesome and really take care of me – in fact, they are the reason your fridge is probably stocked to the brim right now. Onew – hyung and Key – hyung are beyond over protective and they fill up the entire care with anything I thought you might like and their own preferences of course.”

I laughed visualizing two crazy grown men running through the store throwing whatever they could get their hands on off the shelves and into the basket.

He smiled at me and I looked down feeling my face flush and continued to sip my tea as he took a bite of the pancakes.

“Who else is your family?” I asked half because I was intrigued, we were very similar and half, hoping it would keep his mind off me.

“I also have Jonghyun hyung and Minho – hyung. They’re both crazy. Jonghyun – hyung for the ladies and Minho – hyung for sports, but I love them very much. They are my real family.”

I smiled at Taemin. His lifestyle was not as different as I had always thought it was. It actually seemed quite similar. He chuckled and began reminiscing the crazy stuff him and his hyungs got up to. It was very comfortable talking to him.

“And I can guess that your family would be your friends?” I nodded.

He shared – its’ only fair that I would too.

“Yea, Nickhun is the most overprotective brother in the world, but he’s amazing to talk and hang with. Harpreet is my best friend – basically my sister – Abigail and Abina too. But there are also two others, whom I love more than anything. They don’t live near me, but they sometimes come over during breaks. They’re the two people; I don’t know how I’d survive without.”

“We’re very similar aren’t we?” He smiled.

I snuggled deeper into the couch, starting to get dizzy again. “Maybe, Maybe not.”

“We are if you think about it.”

“Too tired to think about much anything right now.”

“Oh yea! You were sick,” I had wormed my way into the pile of pillows that were on the couch. I heard him get up – the blanket moved – and then the pillow I held to my chest was torn away as his forehead was pressed to mine.

I blinked and stared at him due to his sudden movement.

“You still have a fever!”

I shrugged, “It’ll be gone by morning, I’m just tired.”

“You need sleep!”

“It’s fine, I’ll get sleep later,” but even as I said this, my head was cloudy and I started nodding off.

“Get over it, it’s time for bed. It’s one in the morning!”

I nodded, and struggled to get even deeper into the cushions, trying to escape his voice. I was so close to the darkness I craved when I was yanked upwards as Taemin put an arm under my legs and another behind my back. He carried me bridal style towards the hallway, and I would’ve protested if it wasn’t for the fact that he was so warm and I was being rocked back and forth with his stride.

He stopped at the first door and attempted to open the door, when I realized it was still locked.

I started moving in his arms but instead of putting me down, he just gripped me tighter. I grabbed at the chain under my hoody and felt around for the right key. I got it and reached down to get the key in the holem, and heard the click of the lock as it gave way.

Taemin opened the door and stepped through my personal threshold, and I quickly snuggled back into his arms as he walked towards my bed.

“You don’t have anything personal.”

I groggily nodded as he continued his slow pace. Even half – dead, I could hear the question he had in his voice, but I was not ready – nor in the mood – to answer it. He pushed the blanket over and settled me down on the bed sheet before pulling it back over my shoulder.

I immediately curled around my pillow and into a ball as my conscious left me.

The last words I heard were: “Sweet dreams, princess.”

<3

The next time I woke up, Taemin was sitting in a chair completely covered in the blanket I had taken from the storage closet.

Wither he was really adorable with only his face and a tuft of his hair showing through, or I was still delusional. Taemin is very childish, but he could be very mature…I think.

He knew when to stop pushing me, which was hilarious, considering he was the only one pushing my limits. Last night, was certainly quite…interesting.

He spoke of his brothers with so much reverence. I could tell he would never let anyone talk crao about them, and I liked that. His loyalty was very refreshing.

Looking at him, his hair is fluffy, really fluffy. Like a puppy’s fur after it’s been blow-dried. I reached over and petted it.

So soft. I smiled, he was like a puppy, the fluffiness of his hair equivalent to the fluffiness in his personality. I pulled my hand back tucking it under my pillow before dozing off again.

I didn’t see him open his eyes to look back at me surprised as I buried myself further into the cocoon I built.

<3

“Mommy, Mommy, I made you a flower,” the little girl held it out of her tiny fist.

“Why, thank you darling. It’s beautiful,” mama smiled. I grinned back at her with my two front teeth, just as I was lifted off the ground.

“If mama gets a flower, what do I get?” I was eye-level with my daddy.

“Oh get over it honey, Ari just loves me more,” she grabbed me and blew a raspberry on my cheek. I giggled before putting my hands out for my dad and kissed his check as he spun me around.

“I love you so much more than you mommy, doll. When you grow up, you must marry your old man. Got it? No guy but me.”

“Stop scaring her appa, she has to fall in love sometime, “ I sat on my dad’s lap as my mom my hair.”

“No! No one can steal my princess!, “ he pulled me away as my mom laughed. “All mine, I love you sweet heart.’

“I love you too daddy,” I patted my pudgy hands on his cheeks before climbing down to go to the TV and pull out a movie.

I waddled to my mom, watching her set up the bouquet of flowers I made in the table.

“Mommy! Can we watch Cinderella? Pleaseeee???”

“Oh darling, it’s almost your bed time, we’ll watch it when you wake up okay?”

I pouted, “What if you’re not there?” She and dad exchanged glances.

“Then we’ll be there soon.”

“NO! Don’t leave me mommy! Don’t leave me.”

“Oh, princess.”

“NO! MAMA!!! PAPA!! DON’T GO AWAY! DON’T LEAVE ME!!! PLEASEE!! DON’T GO!!!!!”

I cried and screamed as the waved and disappeared.

I hate being sick. Every goddamn time.

I turned and snuggled back into my pillow. The pillow snuggled back completely wrapping me.

I looked up – now wide awake.

Taemin was sleeping next to me curled up around me, my head bent and pillowed in his chest, his arms wrapped around me like a doll and his cheek resting on my hair.

 I stared at him hoping he’d wake up. When he didn’t, I poked him repeatedly in the stomach.

He convulsed, grabbing my hands as he blinked – not  even attempting to shake the sleep away.

It was 7:30 am and school started at 8:00am.

“Good morning,” he smiled, before hugging me around the waist and burying his face in my hair, nodding off.

“Get up. Get up. We have to get to school.” I couldn’t be late. I slapped him on the head.

“C’mon Taemin!”

“You called me by my name,” He looked at me with surprisingly wide alert eyes, then closed them grinning, and hugged me again. “Five more minutes.”

“No. Now, we have half an hour to get to school!!! That means we need to be at the bus stop in 15!” I squirmed out of his hold, rushing to remove the blanket off myself and him, grinning when he cringed from the sudden cold.

“Oh . You don’t have any clothes.” I was on the verge of a panic attack.

Waking up to him was one thing – oddly pleasant. But to wake up to someone who had no clothes to wear to go to school was a problem.

“I had Onew-Hyung drop off some clothes last night and we could always iron out the wet clothes from yesterday.”

“You seem very coherent for someone who just woke up,” I replied suspiciously.

“Well, I woke up next to you didn’t I?” He winked swinging his legs off the bed and ruffling the back of his head, his hair point in every direction.

“Your hair is crazy,” I pointed out as I folded blankets and began returning them to their closets.

“So is yours,” he reached and tucked a few strands behind my ears. I looked away.

I put the final blanket away and went to the washroom and washed my face, glaring at myself in the mirror when I saw how red I was.

Thank you very much for reading!!!

Jaan. If you scare me like that one more time, OFCOURSE YOU'VE READ IT, IT WAS IN MY NOTEBOOK!!

For the two people who enjoyed themselves on skype yesterday.