My Princess

Legend

 

I walked through the heavy metal door and opened the lobby entrance with my activation card. It was decorated from head to toe in bright-autumn colored lights and the beginning of a Christmas tree was forming in the center, with ornaments in boxes around it.

Snowflakes hung from thin threads, and seemed to be floating. It would be quite beautiful once finished.

I pointed to two leather chairs, behind the tree, that were unoccupied and completely obscured by the massive tree.

“You sit there. I’ll be right back and then we can leave, okay?”

“Yep,” he smiled again and hurried to the back. No one would see him and even if they did, they would never associate him with me. The building held a lot of parties, so many kids from school came here, but during those times, I hid in my condo.

I walked to the elevator and pressed the little arrow pointing up.

Two seconds and a ding later; I stepped in and pressed PH. Pent House. It was huge, but not at all what you would consider a ‘home’.

It just seemed like a place to crash, the first time I was brought here, and then everything was empty aside from a sofa-convert-bed in the far corner of the living room, which I perceived of such because of the fireplace.

Nothing much had changed, there was a long hallway that was probably set for pictures, but it was as barren as the first time I stepped in 8 years ago. I walked into the first room on the right. My room. The only one aside from the living room, kitchen and bathroom that was furnished.

It was the only room in the condo that was personalized. Everything else was stiff and plain. I had created a small library, in the corner beneath and next to the window. I slid open the door to my closet and dropped my backpack before changing, my top and opting for a hole-filled maroon oversized sweater over a white long sleeved top and boots. 

I locked my closet door, before grabbing my grey messenger bag off my bed and my MAC from my desk. I pulled out my notebook, a pen and wallet and shoved them all into my bag. I swung it over my shoulder and after making sure the three rooms in my condo were secure, I walked into the kitchen grabbing two chocolate bars and a bottle of water from the fridge.

I locked the door, and walked back to the elevator and began the descent down.

I opened the wrapper of my chocolate bar and began to munch on it. When I finally reached the lobby, I was startled to find him sitting exactly where I left him – asleep. Had I really taken that long? I glanced at the large clock hanging off the opposite wall; that took me 15 minutes.

Wow- he must be an easy sleeper.

“Taemin-ssi,” I poked him with my finger.

“Taemin. Taemin. Taemin.” God, and easy and heavy sleeper. Must be my luck.

He looked almost innocent when he was asleep…if only he really was.

I continued poking him, which I finally realized was a futile attempt to wake up the bloody sleeping cow.

I pinched his cheek. Hard.

“Mnnnn.” Stupid bloody reflexes. He grabbed my fingers and pulled.

And that’s how I found myself sprawled on the lap of the one person; I never thought I would know.

“Life is full of surprises honey, nothing much happens without that element. Some surprises are happy, others – not so much; but, don’t worry, you were a happy surprise for both your father and I.”

“Ari.”

I snapped back into focus.

“Errr…what?”

“I’ve been trying to get your attention for the past few minutes.”

“Yea? So have I, you sleep like the living dead.”

He chuckled, “What were you thinking about? Your eyes were glazed over.”

I looked away,” Nothing, I just zoned out.”

He looked as if he was about to say something, closed his mouth, and opened it again. He looked like a gaping fish.

Then he smiled.” Why are you in my lap?”I looked down. DAMN. I didn’t realize I still hadn’t gotten up.

“You pulled me, so don’t bother to comment.” I blushed and got up.

“Yea, yea which way do you take to Civil play?”

“I take the 116, and the bus stops right across from the café.”

“Kay, let’s go –“

“I still don’t understand why the hell you need to talk to me.” My eyebrow rose on its own accord. He slowly got up and glanced over his shoulder as he slung his bag over his back.

“I don’t know either.” I scoffed and turned away. Well that was the end of the conversation.

“C’mon,-“BING. I looked at my phone.

Dude, you need to come online and check this out .HURRY. -Arya

I’m on my way to Civil Play right now. What happened?

Just Hurry, think you get there in 2 minutes? –Arya

I can try.

Let’s go, hurry, there’s no time to take the bus.” I ran out and flagged a taxi.

I sprinted across the street, Taemin behind me and the image still burned in my mind. A head line.

“Secure connection in computer 9 at Civil play, has been severed, and completely burned.”

My computer. Severed and burned. I jumped into the taxi, and waited till Taemin was in before shouting “Civil Play Café. Hurry.” And we were off.

Tell me more, I texted Arya.

A second passed before I got a reply.

 Knew you would ask that. I’m sending you the files, kay? Upload ‘em to your phone, then place a password onto your files before opening. Screw the password hint. And copy the files. The second your at the café. Transfer them to your mac, before ditching your phone.

I didn’t question her. I just moved. I pulled out my phone and saw the files. I scrolled the list and quickly brought up her the set passwords. We were 3 blocks away. I quickly set the password and watched as the files were configured and then I started copying them. The load was almost complete as we stopped in front of the café. I started scrambling through my bag, searching for my wallet. A hand stopped me. I looked up, Taemin. Totally forgot he was there.

“I’ll take care of it, you go.”

I nodded and grabbed my bag ran out of the taxi, simultaneously taking out my mac and logging into the secured wifi. I quickly took out the jack for my phone, once I sat down at one of the tables surrounding the café and began transferring the files. Now all I could do was wait.

The chair opposite to me scrapped as Taemin sat down.

“What happened?”

“Nothing, my friend sent me pictures of her vacation and demanded that I open them immediately.”

He looked skeptical. “Really now?”

I kept my focus on my computer screen.

86% complete.

“I don’t think I’ve ever met someone so pro at lying,” I looked up and glared at him as he continued to stare me down.

Pfff, like I was going to tell him the truth.

”But even professionals leave behind clues as to when they lie, when they tell the truth and when the concentrate.”

I continued to stare at my computer screen.

90% complete.

I felt a finger curl under my chin and then saw him leaning forward, his finger under my chin, his eyes boring holes into mine.

  “For example, you do everything right when you lie, you’re calm, collected and your face is positive and neutral. The only thing that shows me when you lie is this flash you get in your eyes before you turn cold and emotionless.”

“Perceptive, however, I doubt you notice when you unconsciously raise your eyebrow and your lip turns up when you lie.” I countered.

“I stand by my original statement. You’re more observant than anyone gives you credit for. However, when you say the truth; you keep your calm and cool façade; your hands clasp together, or you smile slightly. Unobservant to most, but I notice.”

Smirk.

 “Would you like me to clap for you? Seeing as you rarely tell the truth-”, he raised his brows. Looked like a monkey. “your voice wavers before you even start.  The way people tense when they tell a lie, is the way you tense when you tell the truth. Guess you don’t trust others easily, do you?”

My gaze flickered back to my moniter.

96% complete

I didn’t think he’d noticed but gazing back to the frown-set of his mouth. He did.

He smiled slightly.

This guy was bipolar.

“You learned quite fast. Maybe it’s because you concentrate. When you concentrate, your eyes get more intense and you clutch your pen faster, or you furrow your brows if something more perplexing comes forth.”

“Doesn’t everyone? Concentrating is an emotion quite hand to penetrate with a more severe, cold and calculating look. You----you’re different. You have this pissed off and aggravated look about your concentration. You are thinking about and your mouth is etched with a permanent frown, you glare at whatever you’re trying to figure out just as you are now. Too bad, you won’t figure me out.”

BING!

I smirked, just his eyes flashed. I yanked my chin out of my hands, before saying “Excuse me,” closing my laptop and grabbing my phone.

“Be back in a moment, restroom.”

I walked into the café and ran to the south entrance which led to an alley. Stepping through, I quickly turned my phone off, removed the SIM and put it in my wallet before trashing the phone in a near bin, I knew the garbage man would take it out.

I went back to my table where Taemin was sitting innocently.

I put my phone onto the table keeping it face down and sat down as Taemin passed a large mango flavored bubble tea to me. It had two straws. I laughed.

“Was this necessary?”

“You seemed like you were mad, I thought this would cheer you up.” He gave me a lopsided grin.

“Oh yea, for sure,” I rolled my eyes, before asking the guy that sits across from our table if I could use his extra cup. He had an extra cup from the scolding hot coffee he was drinking. He nodded and I thanked him.

I took Taemin’s large bubble tea, poured some for myself in the cup and grabbed a straw.

“You took my straw.” He grinned.

I laughed, “Did I now? So the one that is slightly bitten isn’t yours?”

He smirked, “Nope”, and leaned over to use my straw. I rolled my eyes “Very mature, how old are you again?”  

I removed the straw and drank straight from the cup.

“Six”

“I don’t know, you don’t act any older than 3.”

I smirked as his eyes widened. “That hurts, you wound me.” He placed a hand over his heart dramatically.

“Oh, I’m sure.”

I got up and packed my things.

“Where are you going?”

“I need to hit the mall before it closes.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. What do you do when you go to the mall? You shop.” was my sarcastic reply.

“Duh, what are you shopping for?”

“I’m buying a new phone for my friend.”

“Really?  I’ll come too!  I can help you find the perfect phone for yourself-I mean your friend.”

“Ha-ha, never attempt to lie in my face again, because that was a horrible cover up.”

He grinned but his eyes remained serious. “Then you shouldn’t lie to me either.”

I looked away, before turning back to him. “Let’s go then, the mall closes at 8pm, we have 2 hours.”

He smiled down at me before we started running to the bus, which had appeared at the side of the road. All the while, I had my Mp3 out and running. As soon as we made it, we dropped our tickets before heading to the back to find seats.

I quickly slipped in to the window seat and he slipped in after me. I looked out the window as the bus moved. Taemin’s shoulder, arm and leg firmly pressed against mine (AN: Ja'an, this is for you xD). I didn’t move and he refused as well. Our stop came and as we walked out, he held open the back door for me and I said thank-you. He smiled softly and we quickly made our way to the mall.

“What phone are you thinking of getting?” he asked me, glancing sideways at me.

I frowned. “I don’t know, at times like these, I usually just ask Nick.”

“Nickhun. Why him? You know more than enough about technology.” His eyes were hard.

“Phones are really trivial things. I just need one that works not the most popular one or the most sophisticated. As long as I can get a handle onto it, I don’t have a problem.”

He pursued his lips, but didn’t say anything. Instead, he grabbed me and we made our way to the Fido shop.

I stood and watched as he chatted up to the saleswoman. I walked away to look at the phones. I glanced at the blackberry. I would love to have one. I would rather a blackberry then an iphone. I fail at using it and the iphone text pad. Nick laughed at me for ages, when I kept screwing up.

I played with the phone for a bit, before a top on the shoulder stopped me.

I whipped around.

“Taemin!”

“Ari!”

“!”

“Ahhh, are you really going to call the person who bought you your phone an ?”

My eyes widened. His grin widened.

“No…how much do I owe?”

“Absolutely nothing…well, you can always tell Nickhun that I bought your phone for you.” He smirked, as I continued to stare at him dumbfounded.

“Why?”

“Because, you gave me that chance you were so unwilling to give. This is my thank you.”

“A simple thank you would suffice.”

He simply smiled softly and instead of responding, pressed the shopping bag into my hand before grabbing my other hand to steer me home.

~La Dee Doo Doo~

It was 9pm when I got home, and I looked out my window to see Taemin staring up all the way to the penthouse smiling and waved once before turning and walking away. I turned around to open my new phones’ wrapping.

A brand new blackberry slid its way into my lap. The same blackberry that I was looking at.

The phone had all my contacts and photos. Everything except my files which were in my mac.

I scrolled to my contacts to find Taemin :), and a text:

Thank you for the chance; Sweet Dreams, see you at school :).

I turned my phone over to remove the backing, to see an engraving.

Jeonsoeul

My Princess.

 

Check it! Two updates in one day >.< Actually...I lied, I typed them up a good 2 - 3 months ago, and just found them again. XD sorry for the wait!!! Thank you for subscribing!!!!

 

<3