Lover's Spat

Legend

“What??? Why???”

“I don’t know,” Nick shrugged. “I saw Ruri putting them up and passing them out. You can think of it a jealousy. Everyone’s waiting for legend to come on scene. Although Ruri would ‘gladly relinquish’ her crown. There are lots of people who are tired of her and want this ish over with. Legend just needs to mess up once to be expelled and leave the spot for no one but Ruri.”

 That’s what they were trying to say. They were warning me that my identity was in jeopardy. But was my hack name really worth a chance to destroy my career if I was being watched.

“You okay, Ari?”

“Yea, Nick, don’t worry about it,” I tried to send him what I could only hope was my normal smile.

“You looked kind a peaked. Let’s go get coffee at the café, okay? It’s my treat.”

He gave me his smile and ruffled my hair and I said yes, we started packing up.

I looked up to say goodbye to Taemin but he had already disappeared. I hadn’t even realized.

“Maybe you should skip out on coming after school. Ya know, get better at home and just come next time?”

“I already promised, Nick. In case you haven’t noticed, it was part of the bribery to get you to come to school.” I smiled as Nick laughed at the bribery comment, but then he turned serious.

“I understand you have issues with saying No to people so I’m just not gonna take yes as no answer. Let’s get through school and then go to your home, alright?”

“You said you didn’t want yes as an answer.” I snared. 

He glared at me, so I went for the best option. “Okay”

“C’mon study hall is almost over. Let’s get coffee and then go to class. Today’s been exciting enough without adding more to it.”

We left the library to get our coats and head out the backdoor where the hall monitors don’t even bother coming to walk to the café.

“Ari?”

“Hmmmmm?”

“Was that Taemin sitting next to you at our table?” he asked looking at the floor.

I quickly flitted to various responses I could answer the question. I could snare back and say “Well, technically he sat across from me so I can’t answer the question.” I could play it off and pretend I hadn’t even noticed Taemin beside me…but I’d never hidden anything from Nickhun before…Next option was to simply say yes.

I chose the last.

“Yea, it was” I replied just as quietly.

“What were you doing w---” his question was interrupted by shouting further down the hall way. We both turned and lifted out heads towards the noise. Another reason we chose to use this hall to get out was the lack of security cameras. One mistake remember, Ari? My mind told me. 

We stared at the couple blocking our escape for coffee. It was Ruri and Taemin.

Nick grabbed me and pulled me into the door way of a close room so we were hidden from sight as we listened to their conversation.

“What the hell were you thinking when you decided to pull a stunt like this?? Did you think a ing ransom for legend was going to bring her out or keep her hidden further?” It was Taemin yelling at the top of his lungs at Ruri. Nick and I exchanged a look.

“But, oppaaa, everyone’s talking about her! Even you don’t spend time with me anymore. Legend isn’t even all that.” Her whiny voice spat out.

Taemin glared at her coldly.

“What’s your point? Other than a pathetic excuse, can you even answer how unnecessary your actions were?” his voice was ice. Nick sent me a look with his eyes saying that this was better than drama.

Ruri turned red and tried to pull Taemin towards her.

“Oppa, you don’t understand. I can’t lose what I have. I’ve wanted this for so long and I need to stay at the top. If I don’t I’ll never have a chance to be with you.” I felt a twinge of pity for her. She really liked Taemin. But then there was a question of her liking Taemin or her liking his status.

“So your pathetic and pitiful attempt at keeping me means you were going to ruin someone else?? Did it ever enter your tiny mind that I would be ing disgusted at you blatant aim to ruin someone else? Queenka’s don’t act like this. They have self-respect, intelligence, honesty and confidence. All of which you lack so what makes you think I’d want you as MY queen?”

My eyes were wide, I grabbed Nick’s arm, we should leave I messaged him with my eyes and pointed towards the door.

He grabbed my hand and whispered “It’s almost over.”

Ruri gasped “You would take someone else??? You would choose legend over me??” She shrieked her arms flying around.

“I would choose anyone over you. My princess being first.”

I tried to conceal my gasp and quickly dropped Nick’s hand patting my face hoping and praying to any entity above that my face would be anything but red. Nick turned to stare at me. Please. Please don’t put those two together. Nick had read the engravement. Please. Please.

“YOU’VE BEEN CHEATING ON ME???” She was pissed…we seriously need to leave. One mistake and I’m done.

Taemin however was completely calm, still coldly staring at her but he smirked.

“Actually, that would imply that we were dating.” He stated the matter of fact.

“HOW DARE YOU ----”   

“No, how dare you pull like this and expect me not to say a thing? Delusional much? Take all of them off.” Now he was angry…

“But oppaaa, it took so much money doing this.”

“Should’ve thought about that before.”

“UGGHHHH,” she stomped right past us, grabbing the posters on the floor. We shrunk back into the wall.

And then Taemin strolled by and walked right at us muttering expletives as he locked eyes with us.

“What are you doing here?"