What if?

Legend

 

“Dude, I understand he’s happy and all, but really? An essay on identity? I think he’s senile,” Nick whispered during out now – free second period.

I laughed, and continued tapping away on his mac. I refused to bring mine, if I lost that, I’d be screwed beyond belief.

“What are you doing?”

“Well, unlike you Nick, I’m working on my essay.”

“What’s there to write about, c’mon, let’s go sit more comfortably.”

He picked up all our stuff and we moved from the floor to the large wooden desk in the back with really comfortable padded chairs. Setting everything down and changing the status of the wifi, I turned around to see Nick sitting on the chair opposite mine, his feet propped up on my chair.

“See? We should’ve just ditched or bought tickets to the game that everyone else is watching right now.”

“Yea? Well, you didn’t want to leave me alone with only the kingka and queenka did you?” I smiled at him sweetly.

“Alone with us? Not that bad, if I do say so myself.”

“Cue the ing devil,” Nick said under his breath. “Yea, well you do say so you, so it’s all good isn’t it?”

I stared at Nick glaring at Ruri. Taemin sidled up and sat in the chair next to me, casually glancing down to see Nick’s feet on my chair, close to my lap.

His eyes hardened, and he dropped a note onto my lap.

I kept my eyes on my notebook and Nick’s mac.

Ruri sat next to Nick and I had to contain a giggle as Nick moved away slightly.

“Bro, switch seats with me? I can’t stand this chick.” Nick asked Taemin.

Taemin sent Nick a smile that said: if I you can’t stand her, you think I can? And shook his head. Nick huffed under his breath and I grabbed the note really quietly and looked down reading it.

                Meet up at your place tonight. We’re going out.

“What’s wrong?” I looked up to see Nick staring at me, slightly perplexed at my facial expressions.

“Nothing, don’t worry about it.”

I saw Taemin’s finger flex into a fist. .

“I’m meeting up with Arya.” Nick’s eyebrows shot up.

“Really?”

“No, we’re still deciding on a date, but I plan on finishing up on my homework just in case, I get a text. We have a physics test tomorrow anyways.”

“I see…kay then tomorrow, you have no excuse. Hapz and Abigail may not come, but we’ll go.”

“Kay.”

“Promise.” He held his pinkie finger out.

“Really Nick?” He sent me a lopsided grin and nodded, sticking out his pinkie finger.

“I promise,” looping my finger around his.

Taemin coughed, his facial expression quite annoyed.

I quickly wrote: why? Onto the note and passed it subtly back to him. Nick moved his chair further away from Ruri, who was ignorant towards the hate Nick was projecting.

                Talk to me later. Meet up, history section of the library. Lunch?

I thought about it, we already talked before, why couldn’t he just text me?

Nick’s feet shifted and were now criss-crossed over my leg. Taemin zeroed in on the movement. I simply tapped his leg with my pen, shooting him a look.

He looked up from his book and grinned.

“What? I’m more comfortable this way,” his eyes shining as he laughed.

I chuckled and went back to tapping away on the stupid identity essay.  I could see Taemin’s scowl through the reflection of the screen.

BING.

“Man, you really got to change your ‘BING’ sound. It is so annoying.”

“Of course, anything for you Nick.”

He flashed me a grin over his book, “Always.”

Ruri didn’t even seem to notice our conversation as she caught the eye of a senior and began to pimp herself to the unknown maximum.

I checked my text message.

                Just meet up with me, I swear it’s nothing bad. I just want to talk.

We talked yesterday. Are you going to tell me about my phone?

                I asked you to wait for me on that. Are you willing to?

I will try. No promises.

                Well, I promised you and I will keep it, so lets meet up.

You still haven’t given me a legit reason yet.

                I didn’t know asking a friend to talk after school constituted a reason. Another one of your rules?                            ;)

“Who do you keep texting Ari?”

“No one special.”

                Hey! I’m special!!! Tell him I’m special ;)

I couldn’t help giggle.

“You wouldn’t be laughing if it wasn’t from someone special,” Nick asked, his voice teasing, his eyes however were very contradictory to his tone. He reached for my phone and whipped it right out of my hands, giving me just enough time to set it back on lock.

“C’mon Nick, I laugh at your texts all the time.”

“Yes sweetheart, you laugh, not giggle.”

My face probably showed astonishment.

“Darling Nick,” I said condescendingly “I laughed.”

“Of course you did, now unlock the damn phone.”

“Nope, too bad, you should just give it back, I –”

“HEY! This is new!” I tensed and I could see Taemin’s lousy attempt to hide a smile as he made a show out of reading a book. Specifically my book, that I had chosen to use and BS my essay.

“Is it?” I replied under my breath.

“Yea, your old phone was an LG Xenon wasn’t it?”

“Yea…”

“Well, in case, you haven’t realized, this is a blackberry.”

“No, Nick, I did not notice. I haven’t been using it all day.” He smirked at my sarcasm and Taemin tried to contain a chuckle.

“Jokes aside though, this phone is really good. I approve.” Taemin grimaced. Ha. I bet he wished Nick hadn’t seen the phone now. That stupid .

“Who’d you ask to help you buy it,” Nick asked, a bit petulantly, he was almost pouting! I noticed and almost laughed out loud, he scowled.

“I went by myself,” Taemin’s hand pinched mine under the table.

“Really?” Nick looked skeptically. “Open it.”

“Too bad, I don’t want to.” My turn to smirk and he glowered at me.

He flipped my phone over. .

Taemin’s hand quickly covered mine and he squeezed gently, trying not to touch Nick’s feet, which had taken complete residence on my lap.

I was pretty damn close to hyperventilating.

Nick stared at the engraving, and continued to sit there, running his fingers over the words.

. . .

Then he looked up and grinned. “Who are you dating?”

Double .

“C’mon Nick, be reasonable, I’m not dating anyone.”

“Really? ‘My Princess’?”

Taemin’s hand squeezed mine even tighter. His jaw was locked as he stared unseeingly at the book.

Ruri had long since left and Taemin seemed oblivious to his surroundings.

Key word: seemed.

“C’mon, tell me Ari.”

“I am. I’m not dating anyone. Do I really seem like the type to date?”

He thought about that for a moment.

“No, but everyone can change for that certain someone.”

I looked away.

“Yea? Well you stupid cow, maybe you should look where you’re going rather than following a senior like a dumb dog.”

“Excuse me? What did you say?”

“I’m sure you heard me loud and clear.”

We all turned our heads towards the sounds of shouting. Abina, Joy, Hapz and Abigail were fighting Ruri and her cronies right outside the study hall.

Thank god the teacher wasn’t here.

“Why, you stupid little – “

I watched fearfully as Hapz eyebrows shot up. Triple .

“ – you think you can beat me at my own game? You don’t –”

I zoned out as Nick and I quickly grabbed our stuff and pulling my hand out of Taemin’s grasp, we subtly made our way towards the group.

Abina fighting we could handle; it didn’t happen often, but when it did, it was usually very small and insignificant like this one.

However, when Hapz got involved, things usually had a tendency to blow up.

We walked around the crowd and Nick put my bag over his shoulder, signaling he’d wait outside, while I crept through the crowd the crowd to get Hapz.

Grabbing her, I pulled her back and quickly whispered: “Not now, Abina can handle it. She knows what she’s doing. Remember, another slip up and you’re screwed.”

She glared, but followed me nonetheless. Abigail saw us leaving and signaled to me that she’d wrap it up. Out of the corner of my eye, Taemin was rushing towards the group and then I saw it.

Ruri had her arm raised and I knew she would strike Abina, but there was something else that constituted more importance. The stink-bomb that was aimed at Abina. When it hit and exploded, it would hurt like hell.

I ran and dodged my way through the crowd, and pushed Abina out of the way, sliding right behind her, just as the bomb hit the ground and bits of it scattered everywhere.

There were the few moments where everyone is too surprised to do anything and then the running.

“Could everyone in the library please relocate to the auditorium? Every single person.” The intercom said.

I got up and helped Abina up and we made our way silently out of the library. Abina was shaken up, I stopped by at the ‘magic vending machine’ and bought her a coke, before continuing on our way to the auditorium.

When we arrived, rather than sitting down on the chairs, the students were gathered around the stage; everyone was talking over each other, claiming they were going to be hit. I rolled my eyes when Ruri claimed the same.

Abina touched my arm, and I turned to look at her.

“Thanks man, if that hit – I don’t even know.” She hugged me, and I hugged her back patting her head, “No problem.”

She let go of me and we walked around the large group to stand next to everyone else.

“Hey, there you are. We thought you guys disappeared.”

“Me? Never.” I laughed softly and Nickhun grinned.

The group moved even closer to the stage when Mr. Hyuk went up there with a microphone and began explaining the situation.

“We do not understand why, but someone has thrown a stink bomb, that was not seriously offensive, however, it could have seriously injured someone when it exploded.”

I quickly glanced over at Abina.

“Now, the library is closed, and may be back to normal by tomorrow, we cannot say – “he continued trying to keep the lethargic crowd quiet. Unconsciously my group had moved on up, and I was still on the outside. I stood on my toes trying to get a little height in order to hear the principal and look at what he was dictating.

I pushed my way through the crowd, until a hand grabbed and pulled me foreword. I was suddenly at the front of the overly excited group and I watched with bated breath as Ruri raised her hand, the principal stopping his rant.

“Yes?”

“Is it possible that one student can aid in the stopping of these events?”

Mr. Hyuk contemplated her quietly before looking around, his eyes hesitating on me.

“What events are you talking about?”

“Not many, but couldn’t a student have stopped this stink bomb incident from happening?” She stared hard at him.

“You could always have stopped something like this, if you gave you father a call,” said Sean rather loudly.

“What are you implying young lady?” Mr. Hyuk was calculated and the entire student body tensed with the harshness in his voice. I looked around and caught Nick’s eye. He and Harpreet were across the circle surrounding the principal – and now Ruri.

Nick was glaring at something behind me. I snuck a look through my peripheral vision to see Taemin staring right back at him.

Oh what do you know? Your school is in panic, but you still feel the need to behave like children.

“Nothing sir.”

“Good, now I was you all too…” and he blathered on about what we should do, I blended back into the crowd and left, completing Ruri’s unfinished question in my mind.

“What if Legend could help us?”

 

Another one done :) Please Subscribe, and if you're reading, don't stay silent!!!

@MbleastloverNZ: A cool person 'hacked' you eh? Such a coinkidink xD

 

<3