A sixth sense

Legend

The chances of a hacker accessing your machine are millions to one, yet this school manages to get hacked. I honestly did not think that there would be anything that interesting in the school system to have a hacker spend a good week attempting to break down the fire wall and crack the office username and pass word.

A hacker would need to break the toughest firewall going, the NAT on the router, and then another machine firewall. After that, they would have to gain access to a service someone from the inside would have left open by fiddling with settings. And then crack your user name and password. It would take a good, professional hacker a week or more to do so.

However a virus scanner could remove it. Pretty simple procedure. I disconnected the computer from the internet, and then turned off the wifi, if the hacker was using an internet method to get in, that would stop them, using wifi to get in, was popular. I would need to use Anti Malware software and a Combo fix, then putting the computer into safe mode and scan it, and that would find the ‘infection’ and remove them.

I got to work, and the computer began sifting through files to remove the trespasser. I sat back.

I’m fine, don’t worry bout me ;) im quietly sitting in a corner reading, nothing new

I sent the text message to Nick just as the computer flashed, picking up the hacker in a password protected folder. Mmm…my respect for this person was increasing, he was quite good. I got in. Change of mind, the systems password was stupid. Anyone could get in,

The file was about a student. It had his/her file information from all grades, till 10, so they were my age. Every document had it’s own password, so I guess it was only easy for the hacker to get stuck in here, and not notice, that he/she was found.

I quickly opened the speakers and connected the fax machine phone to the computer, and paused the scan. I felt a sudden urge for coffee.I walked to the back room, and poured myself some, adding milk and sugar to my taste…more sugar.

“We’re stuck man. Now what do we do?”

“Shut up. I’m working it, we need the file.”

I smirked. I was right. I walked over with my coffee, and picked up the fax phone and put it to my ear. I pulled my scarf out, and muffled my voice.

“Such fails, you don’t even pull out when you realize you’ve been caught.”

There was a moment of silence before, there was spazzing.

“. Get us out man. GET US OUT.”

“What the hell do you think I’m trying to do??”

"You can’t get out.” I replied. Both of them were guys.

“Why the hell not???.” No respect.

“You know you’re software is pretty bad, it got stuck the second I stopped scanning. You know what that means doesn’t it? You’ll be kicked out of the system, and blocked out for an immeasurably long time.”

“Who the hell do you think you are? We got in once, we’ll get in again.” I quickly tapped into the computer they were using, and served it up onto the monitor next to the main computer.

“Not anymore. I’m controlling everything from this side. With one click, all the data you’ve taken, will be gone from your hard drive, while your IP address is sent to the police.” I was bluffing, but a few minutes, and I could send it as a package.

“Where the hell does a high school find someone like this?”

“Don’t ing ask me man. JUST GET OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM.”

A few more minutes, and I could remove them, I think I’ll name them. 1 and 2.

“I’m trying, you . I didn’t have to partner up with a fail like you. You’ve done jack, the company will realize this failure as their mistake,” replied 1.

Company? What did a company want with school files?

“Yea, well the company can stick it up –” countered 2

“Don’t talk crap, they could be tapping our line, just as this dude tapped in.”

“How did you tap in?” Now, they bring me in on the conversation.

“Hey, what do you know? Since, I’m in control, I’ll ask the questions. Depending on your answers, we can decide where to take this.”

I heard them gulp on the other line, and I leisurely took a sip of coffee.

“Why did you hack in? And who hired you?”

They were panicking. My collabo of the files removed and the IP addresses were ready.

“We were told to search for some files. All we knew were that they were pass word protected,”

“Yea, they told us to find the files and send them. We don’t know the company name or who they are.”

“We were contacted through e-mail. And we needed the money.”

“You can’t blame us. It was an opp and we took it.”

I felt unnecessarily angry,

“Actually, I can blame you. I could have my identity discovered, and all I worked for will be worth . You’re answers were not what I was looking for. Good bye.”

Last tap. The file was on its way. I heard the two rushing on the other end, and I continued the scan. They were gone. And I was in the clear.

“I’m done.”

“Thank you very much Legend, we’re very sor–”

“Yes, I understand, please keep your cool next time, the police are on their way to the hackers location, and they probably expect to know who solved it, so please don’t mention me.”

They nodded.

“Okay, I’m leaving now,” I smiled and made my way back to the library. The fire fighters would have to come and deal with the power shortage. The library was just as I left it, and I made my way back to the section where Taemin and I had sat down.

Surprisingly, everything as if no one had sat there, perhaps I had underestimated him.

“Heh- you came back, and in under 5 min, so you really went to the washroom.”

“Mmm, not surprised that you didn’t believe me.” I was talking to the computer, he was leaning on the bookshelf behind me.

“Not surprised? Why not? Did you expect this?”

“Not surprising, as in it fits who you are, you’re quite cynical aren’t you?”

“And you’re more observant than anyone gives you credit.” I could feel him smirking behind me.

“Mmmm, depends on who you talk to.” I was searching through the computer history. Everything was cleared.

“I like talking to you, you’re not as expecting as everyone else.” I was going red.

“Oh really?”

“Yea.”

“Well, keep this encounter in mind, because you wont be talking to me again. Bye.” I logged out and turned around, and passed by him, just as Nick, Hapz and Abigail entered.

I walked over to them.

“Hey, how’d you get out?”

“We snuck out, cuz you of course won’t eat food.” Hapz handed me my egg bun.

“Mmmmmm, fank you.”

"Don't eat with your mouth full, you loser." Nick commented, pinching my cheeks.

“Kyaa~ shtop, foppp.”

“Nickhun, let go of her cheeks!!!”

“Ow. . Abigail!!! That hurt.” She kicked him in the shin.

“Yea? Eat this, and shut up, the pain’ll leave soon.” And she shoved a sandwich into his mouth.

Me and Hapz went and sat deeper in the bookshelves, where the teachers nor students could see us.

“So child, tell me, did I see you leaving the same computer cubby as Lee Taemin?”

“Awww man, really? Him? No way. He was just sitting beside me, in the cubby. No biggie-”

“You were sitting next to Taemin?” yelled Nick.

“Really? Why don’t you go shout it to the school?”I replied

“Sorry, but you really sat next to him? What happened when we weren’t there?”

“Nothing, we…basically ignored each other.” Hapz shot me a look. The one person who saw through my lies, I continued to look forward.

“Eh? Really? That’s good, now hurry up and eat, the firefighters are here so the power should be back soon.”

“Mmmm…” After that conversation was quite easy, I looked away. It was quite an eventful day, I talked to Taemin. I talked to Lee Taemin, and he didn’t seem like the typical kingka. He seemed to know a lot about computers, and hacking. He even helped me, without asking question, and didn’t seem all that oblivious, as I thought he’d be. Very weird,

Ah well, no point in thinking about it now. I finished my bun, and left to throw out the garbage.

“Hey, I’m goin’ to go trash the wrapper, and stop by to pick a history book for the essay kay?”

“Yea, go ahead.”

“Hurry back.”

“Mnn.” Abigail was too into her 3DS to dignify me with a response. I left.

Trashing the wrapper near the entrance, I walked into the other room, and went to the last bookcase, where they kept the history books. Walking, I could feel someone staring at me, leaving my guard down was not something I had the liberty to do.

I grabbed two books, and practically ran back to Nick, Hapz and Abigail. Continuing the conversation. The lights came back, and we all went to science.

The science class was as always the most entertaining. Mr. Tamkei, was hilarious, and really god with being sarcastic. His teaching method was examples, but we usually had classes where we as a class spent the entire time youtube-ing.

Math was something else, with 16 students in our class and 32 in the other, our class was crazy. The rest of the day passed really quickly, and before I realized the bell had rung, and I was racing towards my locker.

“Hey, I wanna go for bubble tea today. Wanna come? I already asked Hapz and Nick. They said yea.” Abigail asked me at my locker,

“Sorry, I was planning to just go home, I feel so dragged out today.”

“Don’t worry about it, but you’re coming next time. No say in the matter.” She smiled, and knocked my head again.

“Of course your highness.”

“Ari!! Are you coming with?” Nick and Hapz arrived.

“Nahhh, I’m aiming to just get home today.”

“Really?” Hapz asked, “Okay, tonight, I’m calling you, need to ask you a question about the culminating coming up.”

Yea, we wouldn’t be talking about the culminating, we’d be talking about my lie.

“Sure. I’m going now.”

“We, can drop you off at your stop before going to ours.”

“Don’t worry about it, you guys should run to grab the first bus if you want to make it before they close the shop.”

“Okay, then see you tomorrow.”

“Bye guys.”

They walked away, and I quickly turned around and made a straight line towards the exit all the while turning off my phone, and turning on my mp3.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the kingka arriving with his cronies, and I sped up.

This would be one bus ride I would not enjoy, but once I got home, I would get my answers at the café, and it would all be worth it.

 

 

Hurray! ANOTHER ONE DONE :D, I'm actually getting ideas, flowing with this one xD 

@MblaqloverNZ- You're my first subbie!!! I luv yuuuu

@xoWardaxo- Thank you for your comment dahling~ and blehhh :p i didnt know! I will do so from know on :D mwah~ 

<3