P.S. Be Nice

Unwanted Benefits

(Wake me up!) Wake me up inside

(I can't wake up!) Wake me up inside

Save me

Jennie jolted awake as Evanescence’s “Bring Me to Life” blasted in her ear. She reached blindly for her phone which was on the nightstand by her head. As quickly as she could in her disoriented state, Jennie shut the alarm off, but not before she noticed the alarm’s name--JENNIEWAKEUPYOUHAVECLASS!!! Jennie made a mental note to change her phone password and kill Rosé for this later. But then she realized that the girl in question was curled up against her side. The younger girl was still deeply asleep, her arm draped limply across Jennie’s waist. Her red hair was fanned out on her pillow like the sun’s rays, her face the image of serenity. The exhaustion was clear in her face, which explained why the blasting alarm hadn’t woken her up. With slow, cautious movements, Jennie untangled herself from Rosé’s loose grip on her and got out of bed. She quietly slipped out of the room and to the bathroom, beginning her morning routine. When she returned to the room after her shower, Jennie noticed that there was a note on her nightstand that she hadn’t seen before. She picked up the small piece of paper, immediately recognizing Rosé’s handwriting.

If I don’t wake up, pls wake Lisa @ 8 for me. Let her borrow my clothes + a towel, give her some breakfast + drive her to class pls + ty.

P.S. be nice!!!                    ♥ Rosé

Jennie rolled her eyes, having momentarily forgotten the presence of the blonde in the other room. She checked the time--7:58. With a sigh, she slipped out of her bedroom and crossed the hall to Rosé’s. Lisa was fast asleep, curled up and buried under the blankets. Jennie couldn’t help but take a moment to admire the blonde’s peaceful features. She quickly shook herself out of it, however, quietly moving towards the closet and rummaging around for something Lisa could borrow. Once Jennie successfully found a set of clothing and a spare towel, she made her way back to the bed. As gently as she could manage, Jennie shook the younger girl.

“Lisa, wake up,” she said quietly. After a few more attempts, Lisa’s eyes fluttered open and she squinted up at Jennie drowsily.

“Wh’t time ‘s it?” Lisa asked around a yawn. Remembering Rosé’s plea for her to be nice, Jennie refrained from making a snappy comment, glancing at the clock instead.

“Eight o’ three,” she answered. Lisa rubbed her eyes, sitting up. Jennie held the clothes and towel out to the younger girl. “Here, Rosé said you could borrow these.”

“Oh, right. Thanks,” Lisa replied, her words more clear. She threw off the covers and gratefully accepted the items from Jennie.

“The bathroom is right outside,” Jennie informed her. She turned without waiting for a response, making her way to the door. Just as she was about to leave, Lisa’s voice behind her made her stop.

“Good morning, by the way,” the innocently sweet voice of the younger girl said. Jennie paused, half-glancing over her shoulder.

“Good morning,” Jennie finally forced herself to say, taking her leave before Lisa had the chance to charm her further.

***

“What are you making?” a soft voice inquired behind Jennie. Jennie looked up from what she was doing to find Lisa standing uncertainly to the side. Rosé’s clothing had fit her surprisingly well and Jennie noticed that, despite the outfit’s simplicity, Lisa looked really nice. The dark-haired girl didn’t allow the thought to progress any further, turning her attention back to her work.

“Breakfast,” she answered simply. It wasn’t meant to be funny, but Lisa giggled anyway.

“Well, yeah, but what are you making for breakfast?” she clarified. For a moment, the only answer was silence.

“Omelettes. They’re my specialty,” Jennie finally replied.

“Can I help with anything?” Lisa asked slowly. Again, Jennie paused her work, taken by surprise.

“That depends. How good are you at cooking?” Jennie demanded.

“Pretty decent, if I do say so myself,” Lisa said proudly. Jennie looked at the girl through narrowed eyes for a moment before reaching into a cupboard for another cutting board. She moved over on the counter, giving Lisa space to work. She placed a few ingredients and a knife on the other cutting board.

“Chop these,” Jennie ordered. Lisa obliged without a word, moving to stand beside Jennie. They worked in silence for a moment, each one immersed in what they were doing. And then Jennie heard the quiet sound of Lisa humming to herself. Jennie immediately recognized the song. It was “Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weeknd, one of her favorites. She stopped what she was doing and looked at Lisa, listening to girl’s voice. It took her a moment, but Lisa finally noticed Jennie’s lack of movement and looked over at the girl, falling silent.

“Was I humming out loud?” Lisa asked sheepishly, color rising in her cheeks. Jennie nodded. “Um, sorry about that.”

“Don’t be. You have a nice voice,” Jennie complimented, shocking both of them.

“Oh, uh, thanks.” Lisa’s blush darkened and she dropped her gaze. “Honestly, though, I dance better than I sing.”

“I’ll have to take your word for it,” Jennie said, turning back to her cutting board.

“Or… you could come to the dance practice today and decide for yourself,” Lisa suggested tentatively. Jennie glanced at the blonde from the corner of her eye.

“I might just take you up on that,” she finally replied. Lisa’s eyes lit up, a smile gracing her beautiful face. Jennie noticed how nice she looked when she smiled, how attractive… Suddenly, Jennie jerked back, the knife she’d been holding clattering onto the counter. She clutched her hand to her chest with a hiss. “Crap.”

“Oh my gosh, Jennie!” Lisa yelped, rushing forward. She reached for Jennie’s hand but the older girl lurched away. Lisa locked eyes with Jennie. “Let me see.”

“I’m fine,” Jennie said through her teeth. Lisa eyebrows furrowed.

“You’re not fine. Let me see. Please,” she pleaded, a little more forcefully this time. Jennie reluctantly complied, allowing the younger girl to take her hand and inspect the damage. There was a cut along one side of Jennie’s palm and blood was beginning to pool and drip down her wrist.

How did I managed to do that? Jennie thought, mentally cursing herself. Contrary to Jennie’s expectation, Lisa was calm and composed, taking control of the situation. She tugged Jennie towards the sink, opening the tap and placing the girl’s injured hand under the running water.

“Do you have a first aid kit?” Lisa demanded. Jennie nodded.

“In the bathroom, under the sink,” she said, wincing at the feeling of the water running over the cut.

“Keep your hand under the water. I’ll be right back. Don’t move,” Lisa ordered. She quickly turned and ran to the bathroom. Jennie could faintly hear the sound of Lisa rummaging around. A moment later, the blonde reappeared with first aid kit in hand. She got to work immediately, setting the box on the table and looking through it professionally. Once she had everything she needed, she turned back to Jennie, shutting the water off and gently taking her hand.

“You really don’t have to do this,” Jennie said, watching Lisa pat her hand dry.

“Just sit still. This might hurt a bit,” Lisa warned. Jennie grit her teeth as Lisa applied antiseptic and bandaged the cut. When she was done, she stepped back. “There, all done. How does it feel?”

“Better,” Jennie admitted, flexing her hand. “Thanks. Now we can get back to work.”

“Oh no. I’m not letting you near a knife. I’ll take care of breakfast,” Lisa said, guiding Jennie to a chair.

“But… they’re my special omelettes…” Jennie whined.

“Just walk me through it,” Lisa suggested.

“And what am I supposed to do?” Jennie inquired, an eyebrow raised. Lisa shrugged, leaning back against the counter with her arms crossed. A smiled tugged at the corners of as she looked at Jennie.

“You can keep me company. Let me get to know you.”

“Alright, fine.” Jennie finally sat down. She crossed her arms and looked up at Lisa with a smirk. “Have it your way.”


Hello beautiful readers! I'm sorry that this keeps taking so long but I'm a busy bee and a perfectionist. Anyway, here's the next chapter. Hope you all like it! Oh, and Merry (belated) Christmas!

Until next time  O u O

~unsungpoet <3