They Met at ΔΨΩ

Unwanted Benefits

“Rosé! Jennie! Just the ladies I wanted to see!” a boy exclaimed, walking towards the two girls as they entered the frat house. He was tall, with blondish brown hair and bright blue eyes set in a boyish face.

“Hey, Brian,” Rosé greeted as he pulled both girls into a hug.

“Looks like we’re fashionably late,” Jennie noted, looking around. Music was already blasting through speakers and crowds of people were drifting about.

“It’s part of your coupley charm,” Brian teased with an awkward wink. The two girls glared at him, having explained on multiple occasions that they weren’t dating.

“Brian,” Jennie said in a warning tone.

“Chill, Jen, I was just pushing your buttons,” he chuckled. “What took you guys so long anyway?”

“It took us a little longer to get dressed than anticipated,” Rosé explained. She winced at her choice of words and Jennie blushed. This caused Brain to smirk and Rosé held up a hand to stop whatever innuendo he was undoubtedly about to make. “Don’t say anything.”

“I obviously don’t have to,” he laughed, seeing the girls’ expressions.

“This is why I don’t like you,” Jennie grumbled.

“Shut up, you love me,” Brian said, pulling Jennie into a side hug. She leaned away and tried to escape, but Brian refused to release her.

“I hate you,” Jennie emphasized, trying not to smile but failing.

“Awe, how cute. I ship it,” Rosé commented. “I think I’ll call you Jennian.”

“I also hate you, by the way,” Jennie added, glaring at Rosé.

“That’s fine. You’ll change your mind after a few drinks anyway.”

“Jennie, watch out. She’s tryna get you drunk,” Brian joked. “It’s okay though, I’ll keep you safe.”

“Awe, my ship is sailing!” Rosé said, wiping away a fake tear.

“I’m about three seconds away from ditching you for the remainder of this party,” Jennie warned.

“You’re such a killjoy,” Rosé whined.

“Nah, she’s just jealous because she knows that you’re the one I’m really interested in, not her,” Brian stated, taking Rosé’s hand. This managed to draw a laugh from both girls.

“Always the charmer,” Rosé noted with a grin.

“You know it,” Brian replied with a wink. Just then, a girl ran up to them.

“Rosé, hey, where’ve you been?!” she demanded. “We’ve been waiting for you so that we could warm up and practice a bit before the performance.”

“Oh, sorry, Anna. I got here a bit late,” Rosé apologized, casting an accusatory glance at Jennie who smiled sheepishly back.

“Well, whatever. We have a few minutes left to get ready. Let’s go!”

“Wish me luck,” Rosé said to her friends.

“Good luck!” Brian offered.

“You don’t need luck. You have talent,” Jennie assured her. Rosé felt herself blush but she turned to follow Anna before anyone could notice.

***

Fifteen minutes later, all of the lights in the house dimmed and conversation stopped as one of the frat boys stepped onto a coffee table with a mic in hand.

“Ladies and gentlemen! To kick off this year’s welcome back party, we have a special treat for you. Please join me in welcoming the Rhythm and Beats Dance Troupe and the Key Notes Glee Club!” There was applause from the crowd as the frat boy stepped down from the table. The lights dimmed further and a hush fell over the house. And then the lights flicked on as the music started, revealing several people dressed in black and green scattered throughout the house. About half of them began to sing the intro to Rihanna’s “Don’t Stop the Music” while the other half started to dance. All heads turned to the stairs as the group that was there parted, revealing Rosé. She began her descent and began to sing.

It’s getting late, I’m making my way over to my favorite place,

I gotta get my body moving, shake the stress away,

I wasn’t looking for nobody when you walked my way, possible candidate.

Her eyes were locked on Jennie as she sang, a suggestive smirk gracing her face and adding to her performance. As she continued to sing, she reached the base of the stairs and two of the dance troupe boys ran up on either side of her. Somehow, Rosé managed to keep her voice steady as she began a back-and-forth dance with the two boys. Meanwhile, Jennie was staring at her slack-jawed, unable to take her eyes off of the redhead's sensual movements. She didn’t even notice the girl standing beside her until the girl spoke.

“Wow, that girl’s good,” the unfamiliar girl breathed. Jennie allowed herself a second to vaguely take in the girl’s appearance--blonde hair, wide eyes, street casual attire. Almost immediately, however, Jennie’s eyes reverted back to Rosé.

“Yeah, she’s amazing,” Jennie whispered, more to herself than to the girl.

***

“Have I told you that you’re incredible?” Jennie asked, bumping Rosé with her shoulder. They were sprawled out on one of the couches in the house, ignoring the noise around them.

“I think you’ve mentioned it a few times in the past few hours,” Rosé replied with a laugh, bumping Jennie back.

“I just… It was just such a good performance. I’m really proud of you, babe,” Jennie praised, taking Rosé’s hand and intertwining their fingers, causing the younger girl to blush.

“And you wonder why people think you’re a couple,” Brian said from a nearby sofa, rolling his eyes. This drew a laugh from the two girls, which only caused Brian to roll his eyes again. He stood, plastic cup in hand. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go get another drink before this mushiness makes me sick.”

“I don’t see how the alcohol will help with preventing sickness, but you enjoy yourself,” Jennie called. Once Brian got swallowed by the crowd, Jennie turned back to Rosé. “You look tired.”

“I am,” Rosé admitted around a yawn. She nuzzled her face into Jennie’s shoulder. “That performance took a lot out of me.”

“Do you want to go home?” Jennie asked. Rosé looked up at her.

“Why do I feel like you want me to say yes more for your sake than for mine?” she demanded. Jennie gave her a lopsided smile, mischief gleaming in her eyes.

“I can’t properly help you rest with all these people around,” she said sweetly, tucking a stray strand of hair behind Rosé’s ear. Rosé tilted her head, leaning into Jennie’s touch. Jennie responded by leaning forward and softly connecting their lips. As she pulled away, she murmured, “I just want to give you my undivided attention.”

“Mm, can’t argue with that,” Rosé hummed. She let Jennie pull her to her feet and guide her through the throng of people. They were almost out of the house, the music quieting the farther away they moved, when they heard something that caught their attention.

“So, foreign girl, what’s your name?” a masculine voice asked. Jennie halted, pulling Rosé to a stop beside her.

“You understand English, right?” a feminine voice demanded.

“Omigosh, do you think she speaks another language?” a different girl asked.

“Of course she does. She’s foreign,” another male voice answered. Quietly, Jennie guided Rosé down a hallway and towards the voices. They came across a small crowd of a few frat boys and sorority girls surrounding a single girl who looked terrified.

“Hey, can you say something in a different language?” one of the boys was saying.

Geunyeoleul naebeolyeodwo,” Jennie piped up. The group turned around to see who had joined the conversation.

“Oh, it’s just you two,” one of the boys--was his name Michael?--said, looking slightly relieved.

“What language was that you just said?” a girl (Victoria?) asked.

“It was Korean,” Jennie shrugged. “You wanted to hear a different language.”

“But what does it mean?” another girl--with an annoying amount of enthusiasm--wanted to know.

“My Korean is a little rusty, but I believe she said ‘leave her alone’,” Rosé explained.

“What? We were just being friendly,” Michael whined.

“We’ll take it from here guys,” Jennie said, crossing her arms. The combination of her intimidating stance and the frightening amount of authority in her voice was enough to get the group to move away without argument. And then Rosé and Jennie were left alone with the girl. She had a doll-like face with blond hair falling just below her shoulders and her straight-cut bangs falling into her wide eyes. Jennie vaguely remembered seeing this girl admiring Rosé during the performance, but she decided not to mention it.

“Are you alright?” Rosé asked, carefully approaching the girl.

“I’m fine, thank you,” the girl answered, her voice lilting slightly with an unfamiliar accent.

“Next time, stay away from the Beta boys and the Kappa girls. They’re a bit… much,” Jennie advised.

“Yeah, I noticed,” the girl said with a nervous laugh. “I was just looking for a way out. Could you point me in the right direction?”

“Actually, we were just headed out. C’mon.” Rosé motioned for the girl to follow her. The girl did as she was told, allowing the pair to lead her out of the house. Rosé looked over her shoulder at the girl as they walked. “I’m Rosé, by the way, and this is Jennie.”

“I’m Lisa,” the girl replied.

“Pleasure to meet you,” Rosé smiled, drawing a tentative smile from Lisa in response. As they stepped out into the chilly fall night, however, Lisa stopped.

“Damn it,” she muttered, looking at her phone. Jennie and Rosé stopped as well, turning to look at her.

“Something wrong?” Jennie inquired with an arched eyebrow.

“It’s nothing. It’s just… my roommate is also my ride and she just texted me to tell me that she won’t be coming until later,” Lisa explained. “So, I guess I’m stranded here until then.”

“Well, we could always drop you off at your dorm building,” Rosé offered. Lisa gave her a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of her neck.

“Let me guess,” Jennie said. “You don’t have your key.”

“What gave it away?” Lisa asked.

“It’s pretty common with new students,” Rosé laughed.

“Anyway, it was nice meeting you but I’d better head back inside.” Lisa offered a small wave and turned to leave.

“Or,” Rosé spoke, making Lisa stop and turn back around. Rosé and Jennie exchanged glances and, despite the fact that Jennie’s expression clearly said Don’t you dare, Rosé looked back to Lisa with a warm smile. “You could always come over to our place until your roommate gets back home.”

“What? Really?” Lisa said in surprise. “I mean, I don’t wanna be a bother.”

“Don’t be silly. I’m not capable of leaving you here alone. C’mon,” Rosé assured her, motioning for her to walk with them. Lisa looked uncertain, but she gratefully accepted the offer. Jennie, on the other hand, didn’t look so happy about it.

“What are you doing?” she mouthed to Rosé as they started to walk. Rosé shrugged.

“Being friendly,” she mouthed back. Jennie rolled her eyes, unreasonably disappointed by the fact that she wouldn’t be able to spend time alone with Rosé. With a dramatic sigh and a roll of her eyes, Jennie followed the other two girls towards the car.


Hello beautiful readers! I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to update last week, but school has been kicking my . Because I'm so sorry, I would like to bless all your little RoJennie hearts with this beautiful picture:

Plus, it took me so long to write this chapter that I ended up making it super long and I had to divide it into two. I'll be uploading the sacond half very soon, so stay tuned. Anyway, thank you again for all of your support and I hope you enjoy!

~unsungpoet ^-^