One Dance

Unwanted Benefits

“Alright, you ready for this?” Lisa asked as the last of the dancers cleared out.

“Uh, yeah, I guess so,” Jennie responded, rubbing the back of her neck nervously. “What is it exactly that I’m going to be doing?”

“Well, you were watching us practice, right? All those moves I taught the class were just potential bits and pieces of the dance. I have a tentative outline for the end dance and I need your opinion.”

“Okay then. Dance away, Princess.” Jennie smirked, crossing her arms as she leaned back against the wall. The teasing expression was wiped away instantly when the music started and Lisa began to dance. Her movements were precise, a combination of y and confident. Jennie found herself looking on in awe, unable to tear her gaze away from the blonde’s languid dancing. At some point in the middle of the song, Lisa stopped dancing, her breathing heavy as she ran over to the stereo and hit pause.

“So, at that point I’m thinking of having the guys come in and--” Lisa stopped abruptly when she turned and saw Jennie’s expression. A smug smile pulled at the younger girl’s lips. “Hey, you might wanna pick your jaw up from the floor, Jen.”

“What?” Jennie muttered, just then realizing that she was being spoken to. She blinked rapidly, shutting immediately. She cleared shyly and averted her gaze to the side as a blush made its way up to her cheeks. “Ahem, uh, I’m sorry. What, um… what were you saying?”

“I was just gonna say that I need your help real quick.” The older girl’s eyes darted up, flying wide.

“M-My help? With what?” Lisa giggled at the sudden look of panic in Jennie’s eyes.

“Relax. It’s just a few moves. I’ll walk you through it.”

“I thought I was just here to watch…”

“Stop being such a chicken, Kim. I told you I was gonna make you dance with me someday. You aren’t gonna leave me hanging, are you?” Jennie sighed, pushing herself off the wall and making her way towards Lisa. The blonde took Jennie’s hand, pulling her to the center of the room and guiding her through a few moves. Once they’d gone over it a few times, Lisa looked at Jennie expectantly. “Got it?”

“Yeah, I think so,” the dark-haired girl said, taking a deep breath.

“Alright then. Let’s run it.” Lisa set the music to play and the two girls started moving in sync, their maneuvers complementary and perfect when combined. But, of course, Jennie was playing the part of a guy so the dance grew increasingly intimate dangerously fast. At one point, Jennie had to get down on one knee, Lisa “falling” to sit on the other knee to go along with the words of the song. And then Lisa was standing, dragging a dumbstruck Jennie to her feet with a finger under her chin. Lisa tugged Jennie forward by the front of her shirt as if pulling her in for a kiss, stopping with just mere inches between them. It was all part of the choreography, of course, but that didn’t stop Jennie’s breath from hitching. Both girls were frozen there, the music continuing to play in the background.

“That’s, uh, as far as I’ve gotten,” Lisa whispered. Her hot breath hit Jennie’s lips and the older girl’s eyes involuntarily flicked down. She had the sudden urge to lean down and capture the blonde’s lips, to bite into the soft pink flesh. And maybe she would have if the door hadn’t swung open, a familiar voice snapping both girls back to reality and making them lurch apart.

“No, it has to be here. I-- whoa, sorry. I didn’t think anyone was in here,” Seulgi said, halting in the doorway, phone in hand.

“Oh, um. It’s fine, Seulgi. We, uh… we were just practicing some… stuff,” Lisa muttered awkwardly, her cheeks colored a light pink as she shut off the music. “Did you need something?”

“Just my sweater.” Seulgi pointed to the back of the room where there was a sweater tossed in a corner. Jennie made her way over to it, picking it up and bringing it to Seulgi. Jennie was hoping that her own blush wasn’t too obvious, but the smirk on Seulgi’s face confirmed her fears.

“Here you go.” Jennie handed the sweater back to its rightful owner, unable to meet the hazel eyes that watched her.

“Thanks, Jen,” Seulgi smirked, her voice full of teasing.

“Hey, Jennie!” a voice exclaimed from Seulgi’s momentarily forgotten phone.

“Hey, Irene,” Jennie replied weakly, recognizing the older girl’s voice.

“Anyway, I should probably let you guys get back to practicing your stuff.” Seulgi smiled innocently, though her tone was still playful. “Bye, Lisa. Bye, Jen.”

Seulgi waved, lifting her phone to her ear and resuming her earlier conversation as she exited. And then the two girls were alone again. There was a considerable amount of space between them now and both refused to meet each other’s eyes. Silence dominated for an oppressive minute.

“Ahem, well, I should probably go,” Jennie finally spoke, clearing as she moved to get her bag.

“Right, uh, wouldn’t want Rosé to worry,” Lisa pointed out. Jennie looked up, confusion written on her face.

“What?” The redhead that was waiting for her at their shared apartment had completely slipped her mind. It took her a moment to get her bearings and she blinked in realization. “Oh! Oh yeah. I, um, need to go and pick up her pizza.”

“You don’t like pizza,” Lisa commented, her brow furrowing. Jennie’s eyes widened.

“How do you know that?” Jennie demanded. Lisa shrugged, smiling shyly and rubbing the nape of her neck.

“I listen when you talk, Jennie. I remember you mentioned it last night,” Lisa admitted. Though she would never admit it aloud, Jennie’s heart started racing as the words left Lisa’s mouth and she couldn’t formulate a reply. Lisa tentatively lifted her gaze, finally looking Jennie in the eyes as a small smile tugged at her lips. “Will you be back to help tomorrow?”

“Do you want me to be?”

“Absolutely.”

“Then I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

“Thanks, Jen. You’re the best!” And then Lisa was planting a soft kiss on Jennie’s cheek, a bright smile on her doll-like face. It was obvious that it was just a friendly kiss out of gratitude, but the older girl found that the skin that had been touched by the younger’s lips was now burning up and tingling as if she’d been shocked.

“Um…” For a moment, that was all Jennie could muster, dazed as she was. But then she snapped out of it, managing a weak, “I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

“See you then,” Lisa giggled, offering a small wave before she disappeared into the locker room.

***

“What are you so smiley about?” Jisoo asked as Lisa climbed into the shotgun seat of the car.

“Am I not allowed to smile?” Lisa demanded playfully, her smile never faltering.

“Of course you are,” Jisoo laughed as she began to drive. It’s what I love the most about you actually, she thought to herself.

“What was that?” Lisa inquired as she tampered with the radio. Jisoo’s eyes widened. Did I say that out loud?

“N-nothing!” Jisoo quickly replied, glad that Lisa hadn’t heard her accidentally speak her mind. “So, uh, anyway… why did you stay so late today?”

“I had to work on the choreos I told you about.”

“And you were just there practicing alone? You know you could’ve called me and I would’ve stayed with you.”

“Thank you for the offer but I wasn’t alone. Jennie was helping me.”

“I’m not sure how much better that is,” Jisoo scoffed. Her eyes widened in sudden realization. “Wait, is that why you’re so smiley?! Did something happen in there?”

“No, of course not. We were just dancing,” Lisa assured, though the color that rose in her cheeks told a different story.

“You’re blushing.”

“I am not!” There was silence for a moment where Jisoo did nothing but raise her eyebrows, unconvinced. Lisa sighed. “We just danced, okay? I’ll admit it was a bit… intimate… but it was all part of the choreo.”

“You’re sure that’s all that happened? Because I love Jennie and all, but I care about you more. I don’t want you getting hurt because of her, Lice.”

“Don’t worry. Nothing happened.” For reasons she couldn’t explain to herself, Lisa decided not to mention their “moment” or the fact that she’d kissed Jennie’s cheek. But she couldn’t forget it of course. She traced her bottom lip with the pad of her thumb, smiling fondly at the memory of pecking Jennie’s cheek, and the flustered expression of the older girl.

“What are you thinking about?” Jisoo asked, snapping Lisa out of her reverie.

“Oh, um, nothing really. Just that I’m hungry,” she lied. And although lying made her stomach churn with guilt, she couldn’t shake the tingling feeling from her lips.

***

Jennie trudged into her apartment, one hand holding a pizza box and the other softly caressing the still blazing skin of her cheek.

“Nini, is that you?” a voice called from the living room.

“Who else would it be, dork?” Jennie called back, her teasing tone sounding a bit hollow due to the fact that she was still slightly dazed.

“I’ve been waiting forever!” Rosé whined. “I’m sooo hungry!”

“Oh… uh… sorry…” Jennie mumbled. She drifted into the living room, that dazed look still on her face, and she handed Rosé the box. Rosé stared at the older girl curiously as she sank down onto the couch beside the redhead.

“Um… are you okay?” Rosé asked slowly.

“Hmm?” Jennie blinked rapidly, looking up at Rosé. “Did you say something?”

“Yeah, I asked if you were okay, which clearly you aren’t. What’s on your mind?”

“Nothing.” Rosé gave Jennie a look that showed that she obviously didn’t believe her. The dark-haired girl bit down on her lip, her eyes dropping to her lap. “It’s nothing really. Just that…”

“C’mon, you know you can tell me anything, Jen.”

“I know, I know.” Jennie took a deep breath, bracing herself, and looked up at the girl beside her. “I think I like Lisa.”


Ahhh, Jennie admitted she had feelings for Lisa! OoO Also, doesn't Seulgi just have the best timing? XD

Anyway, I wanted to apologize for the delay in posting these last two chapters. I wasn't sure exactly how to lay out the scene with Lisa and Jennie and it took forever for me to figure out how to set down my thoughts. Originally it was one huge chapter, but I divided it into two becuase I think it flows nicer that way. I hope it makes up for how long I made you all wait.

P.S. for those of you that are curious, the song that I had in mind when I wrote the dancing scene was "Ain't My Fault" by Zara Larsson.There's a part in the second verse that goes "It ain't my fault you came here looking like that/ You just made me trip, fall, and land on your lap" which are the lyrics I was refering to at the part

Thank you for your support and stay tuned for more my lovelies! <3

~unsungpoet ^-^